Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Talk about video games here
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Post by DrPillzRedux » #126586

Barotrauma is a 2D sidescroller directly inspired by SS13 where players must manage a ship and navigate through the hellish waters swarming with weird ass creatures that want to eat your face off. It's made by the SCP Containment Breach guy and is free to play.

Someone needs to host this shit.

[youtube]DS0d-cz195k[/youtube]
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Subsurface: SS13 Underwater

Post by DemonFiren » #126590

Seems pretty enough, but the website's design makes the bottom of my screen look dirty and as such I am triggered.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #126591

[sounds of screaming and panicked shitting in the distance]

I have such a weird relationship with games like this--I love the idea but at the same time I am absolutely horrified by it.

That said, I'd be willing to host a game or two sometime--I've got a decent enough machine and connection.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126611

I would be game, looks breddy cuul
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #126618

This seems neat
I'll join up
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #126657

I'll be in
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #126660

Do you guys want to try it tonight? I have to go to the gym after work but I should be home and ready by 9:30pm EST
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126662

I will get back to you but i am probably good
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #126663

Yeah, I'll be ready to play then.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #126678

It has 3 modes. Sandbox, Traitor, and Quest. Only one person becomes a traitor and the crew has to kill them. Quest is all about doing PvE objectives.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #126689

I'd vote for Quest first. How do you guys want to communicate--or would that ruin the experience?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126705

What is in game communication like?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #126728

There's supposed to be text chat.

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126731

Well that is probably good enough for us then. I can confirm that i am able to play tonight at 9 30 EST. that is two hours from now for anyone in a different timezone
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126745

Fugg, busy till 10. Feel free to start without me
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #126747

I got stuck at work because a colossal bastard of an associate stuck me with a NEED THIS NAO request half an hour before I was supposed to leave. I'm actually still at the office. I'll probably have to sit out hosting tonight.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126772

Ay yo where da serb at? Anyone still interested? I could maybe host
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #126812

THAT LADDER CLIMBING ANIMATION, IM DIEING.

This somehow managed to be clunkier and harder to decipher than SS13.

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #126818

serb when
Game Admin
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #126822

Sorry I wussed out on you, guys. Maybe this weekend.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
XSI

Post by XSI » #127510

EndgamerAzari wrote:Do you guys want to try it tonight? I have to go to the gym after work but I should be home and ready by 9:30pm EST
Shit, I didn't check back until now
Am I late?

Also, poke me on steam or some shit

Wheres that download button
Edit: Got it. Seems neat
Did tutorial, it's just like SS13
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #127541

The developer of this game is also the same person who made SCP: Containment Breach.
XSI

Post by XSI » #127544

Well, lets try to set a time and day then

Because we're going to need one to get playing
Also, skype group for voice? Or does this thing have the authentic SS13 experience of Say "Oh god being atta"-ded
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127640

If there is textchat that should be good enough.

Also why the fuck they decided to use ragdolls instead of normal sprite animations is beyond me, they look hilariously bad. I tried the singleplayer and i have no idea how to do anything except turn the reactor on. I couldnt figure out how to turn on the oxygen gen, i could not figure out how to make the ship go, i could not figure out how to fire the harpoon gun, i could not figure out how to put on a space suit.

Pleh 2nite?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127666

Diving suit.

And, yeah, I turned on the reactor. By that point I was already under attack and the comdom was the sole survivor.
And the ship was flooding.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #127667

I'm very impressed with what Regalis has done with Subsurface thus far, I recall when he announced the game not long after the final release of SCP:CB 1.0. It was very bare bones at the time.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #127675

The version I linked is old as fuck. He remade this into a new game: Barotrauma.

a correct post by pillz
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Post by Screemonster » #127680

I always thought "ss13 underwater" would just be every episode of sealab.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127681

is v 0.2.2 the most recent version?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #127687

Should be

The thing has an auto-updater now so it should update to the latest
XSI

Post by XSI » #127772

Holy shit this thing is crap to host, neither myself nor 4 others who tried can seem to host a server
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127773

Will i need to port forward or some other finnicky horseshit? i could give it a try
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #127791

Yes, you will need to port foreward

Apparently I could join this one random guy's server, but not join any of my friends(Who can not port foreward)

Got a steam for easy chatting?
XSI

Post by XSI » #127987

This is fun. Got Rosen and a few others together to play
>Traitor
>Kill the captain
>Mess with wires
>Nobody knows what I'm doing
>Remove the wiring from the door's out of the command bridge
>Wire the doors to slam shut at the press of my own custom button
>When the captain is busy and the gunner is gunning in the bridge, run in
>Set emergency pump to pump 'in' at 100% capacity
>Run like fuck
>Press the button to close the bridge
>Stand by bridge door watching the captain mashing the 'open door' button to no effect until he drowns

This game takes after SS13 and it shows. It's good
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #129107

this game looks really really cool, if somebody can get a consistent server running i'll probably join in some time
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #129898

Not even written in byond 0/10.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
XSI

Post by XSI » #149735

tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #149782

Ill learn how to set a server up, and i'll run it tonight.
Ill be in the ts waiting if anyone wants to play.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #149962

I played a bit yesterday
Do NOT go too deep. You can have your windows break from water pressure.
Which makes you sink more because there's water in your sub
Which pushes you even deeper
Which eventually crushes the hull and drowns everyone and everything
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #150075

Played with some goons.

I had a lot of trouble piloting, but it's fun.
thesneakypaladin
Byond Username: TheSneakyPaladin

Post by thesneakypaladin » #150181

Played with an admin conspiracy member.

Piloting is fucking hell, but when everything is going right it feels really comfy yet terrifying. Lots of potential here.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150463

so wait i just need to hear somebody say this so i can confirm that it's true
does this game essentially have ss13 mechanics with ragdoll physics
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #150465

dang ss13 and being underwater.... my two fav things...
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #150477

Mechanics are not very developed, I guess it is like SS13 in that there is a station-like set up, with in depth electrical engineering and traitors.
XSI

Post by XSI » #150601

PKPenguin321 wrote:so wait i just need to hear somebody say this so i can confirm that it's true
does this game essentially have ss13 mechanics with ragdoll physics
Ragdoll physics: Yes
Water physics will push you AWAY from the airlock so you can only close it if you try really hard
You have a nuclear reactor that you can overload (And fry all the power boxes)
I once accidently shortcircuited the power system by connecting two power boxes wrong
Said shortcircuits can start fires
You can use wires to fuck with doors, cut the wires, or just plain wire up the 'open this closed airlock' panel to 'set the pump to fill the room I'm in with water and keep the airlock shut'
More mechanics are being implemented, but it already has a solid base

I have, as traitor in this:
Convinced a friend to go outside to collect an artifact, then shot him with the defence turrets as he came back
Unwired the airlock to the compartment my target was in so he couldn't leave, set the pump to fill the room, and then threw a stun grenade and closed it from the outside
Called a meeting of the ship, slapped C4 on the ground cackling maniacally in front of everyone, and then realised it won't go off without wiring it up to a button

And as regular player:
Went hunting for beasties, made some kills
Re-wired part of the sub after it broke
Trapped myself in the crew quarters as the sub was attacked by giant prawns
Heroic rescue of the captain's corpse from one of said fish
Succesfull trip from start to finish
Accidently shot the captain's deck and let prawns in with the self-defence turret while aiming for one(See also heroic rescue of the captain's corpse earlier in the list)
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #150619

Every single time I play I drown. Took me a while to figre out you need to take off your clothes first before putting on the diving suit
XSI

Post by XSI » #150685

Server getting hosted in about 5 hours

If any of you want in, let me know
Will post here with name and pass
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #150694

XSI wrote:Server getting hosted in about 5 hours

If any of you want in, let me know
Will post here with name and pass
Post benis name and pass
XSI

Post by XSI » #150727

I will when it's actually hosted

So in about 3.5 hours
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #150804

Ill be down for it.
Game Admin
Spoiler: