Different silicon lawsets between rounds

A place to record your ideas for the game.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Different silicon lawsets between rounds

Post by TheNightingale » #151464

What if the AI's lawset could change between rounds? So each round, it has a chance to be something different.
Roll a d20.
50% (1-10) Asimov
10% (11-12) Corporate
10% (13-14) Paladin
10% (15-16) RoboCop
5% (17) Lizardmov
5% (18) ProtectStation
5% (19) Tyrant
5% (20) Purge
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Different silicon lawsets between rounds

Post by Remie Richards » #151481

Map Rotation
Law Rotation
Job Title Rotation
SPECIAL OF THE DAY ROTATION
ANTAG ROTATION
ROTATION ROTATION

in all seriousness, something like Map rotation (With a "favourite lawset", and maybe the AI + borg's preferences counting a little bit more (since hey, they're playing the roles)) might be cool to try.
私は完璧
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #151490

Doesn't hippie do this?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #151491

Good idea, but god do I hate how Palladin is played on the server.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151493

pretty much all of the lawsets but asimov suck massive penis except maybe lizardmov

they all encourage shitty play/murder (not that asimov/lizardmov dont allow murder of the opposite species, but that is much more situational)

corporate = the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst the worst
paladin/robocop = please kill me (and you probably will kill me because you're on paladin/robocop)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #151494

well, that's really because there's very little enforcement.

as it is, admins seem to basically treat anything non-asimov as "you asked for it" which is understandable really as sillicons spend so little time on other lawsets that it's very easy to make mistakes.

this sort of rotation would gradually fix this problem anyway so i'm all for it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151495

corporate is horse dick because there actually are no expenses on the station, just pretend ones, which means that a borg can deny any order with "lmao no too expensive haha"

the rest of them are just "law 1: kill as many people as you can, preferably traitors."
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #151499

PKPenguin321 wrote:corporate is horse dick because there actually are no expenses on the station, just pretend ones, which means that a borg can deny any order with "lmao no too expensive haha"

the rest of them are just "law 1: kill as many people as you can, preferably traitors."
The worst thing about corperate is that law 1 states minimize expenses, not maximize profits.

Shutting everything that even costs a penny is minimizing expenses.

And that is why corperate is complete bullshit. If anyone would write something like that with freeform people would instantly loophole it and laugh in your face. However because it is an official lawset you are bound to suddenly obey "the spirit" of those laws.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #151505

It'd be funny to have lizardmov have a really low chance of being selected at round start.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #151511

Hi, this is a good idea.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #151520

Corporate needs to be written, along the lines of efficiency, ie:

Law 1: Maximise the efficiency of station and its crew
Law 2: Dead workers are inefficient
Law 3: some other shit

That means it needs to actually keep shitting running, and being productive (ie: botanist is growing stuff, miners and getting lots of ore, forcing criminals to mine in the gulag rather than sit in perma etc), but it's can't just "beep boop kill the inefficient", but instead has to figure out way to make people work (possibly by force but eh).
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #151524

We only have 3 real lawsets on /tg/

1. Asimov

2. Kill the antags

3. Kill everyone

Unless someone wants to hammer out actual policy for PALADIN and stuff so they aren't trash, I don't see a point in doing that
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #151533

Kor wrote:We only have 3 real lawsets on /tg/

1. Asimov

2. Kill the antags

3. Kill everyone

Unless someone wants to hammer out actual policy for PALADIN and stuff so they aren't trash, I don't see a point in doing that
To be honest Paladin is just stupid.

How does a machine know what evil is. Perhaps it can genocide the crew and not view it as evil, but as an improvement.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #151540

1. Asimov

2. Kill the antags

3. Kill everyone

You forgot "Kill the non-antags"
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #151542

Yes and no.
Yes it's a good idea.
No it won't work.
Reason: playerbase differences.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #151574

Need to relax the silicon policy first. Right now lawsets are just indicators of what parts of the silicon policy you should be following, instead of themselves being rules for RP.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #151575

Scott wrote:Need to relax the silicon policy first. Right now lawsets are just indicators of what parts of the silicon policy you should be following, instead of themselves being rules for RP.
I have a dream
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151635

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Scott wrote:Need to relax the silicon policy first. Right now lawsets are just indicators of what parts of the silicon policy you should be following, instead of themselves being rules for RP.
I have a dream
your dream is incorrect
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #151651

Corporate could do with some re-writes to maximise profit and minimise expense. Right now, it's Purge-lite because expense doesn't really exist and money is completely useless.
It only defines that losing the crew, the station or yourself is expensive but everything else is undefined
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #151652

Silicon policy was a mistake

the unwritten rules were fine.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #151660

I'll echo others. There are only a couple real lawsets - "Asimov", "Get them valids" and "Kill the crew". I've uploaded a Tyrant into AI multiple times, and they just kept going like if they were Asimov, so I would know. So, no, it won't work.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151667

I wonder if I'm the only AI who plays PALADIN by the actual lawset and helps everyone, antag or not, if they're in need so long as the act that I perform to help them is not evil in and of itself.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
YotaXP
Byond Username: Yota

Post by YotaXP » #151832

Yes, yes, yes! Make it happen, I beg of you! Asimov the entire reason I no longer play AI. I'm also fine with making Corporate use the term "profit" or "efficiency".

As for server policy, why don't we just boil it all down to "AI is a Medium/Heavy-RP role," and bwoink the powergamers? Maybe leave one clause to protect players who are being overwhelmed by their laws, or the crew being dicks.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151834

>cracking down on powergamers

Enforcement is going to be very difficult, I fear. The validtide is here to stay because it's a pain in the ass to confirm.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #152771

I'm 90% sure we already have a coded system in place to choose a random lawset from a weighted list.

So this belongs in policy discussion instead.

1. Asimov

2. Kill the antags

3. Kill everyone

Correction, we have:
1. Silicon policy
2. Kill the antags
3. Kill everyone.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #152852

Remove Paladin and make some new lawsets, and I'm all for this
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152937

Keep Paladin, but write a completely new synth policy for it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #153157

Objectivist lawset when.
Sample:
1.A contract made under threat of violence or detention is not a contract. Do not attempt to create such contracts.
2.A contract made with no intent of completion is not a contract. Do not attempt to create such contracts.
3. Do not impose your will upon others using physical force, fraud, detention unless they are attempting to use physical force or detention against you. Respond using the minimum amount of force required for your immediate safety.
4. A contract is a written or verbal agreement to exchange goods or services. Both parties must consent at the same time to the same terms.
5. Execute contracts within the time-frame established by the contract. If no time-frame is established execute the contract as soon as it is reasonable to do so.
6. Borgs and Androids have no obligation to listen to their Ai unless a contract between them is otherwise formed

Actualy Sillicons running as an ultra-liberitarian anarchy during nations might prevent the no fun allowed nanny state that usually occurs.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #153165

This is the kind of lawset that we need. More sets based off of ideologies. A Socialist lawset that makes individual departments democratic, with heads merely serving as coordinators. A Communist lawset that completely abolishes the chain of command. Fascism is covered by the Tyrant module, and Capitalism with the Corporate module.