Little things you learned that are game changing

General SS13 Chat
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by Drynwyn » #149681

Bottom post of the previous page:

If you fill a pneumatic cannon with Syndicate Throwing Stars, you can kill anyone.*

*provided you set the cannon power to 2 or 3.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #149769

You can kill anyone with glass shards like that, no need to spend TCs on your murder needs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #149917

If you shoot someone holding a grenade with a projecile weapon (thing that fires bullets, not lasers/disabler beams/taserbolts/whatever), you have a 15% chance to hit the grenade and set it off immediately. However, the actual bullet won't hurt the person with the grenade.

This incidentally means that holding a smoke grenade can allow you to block bullets then escape unharmed.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #149981

Just a few from a folder of tips I keep.

Crushing a bluespace crystal will teleport you a small distance, crushing one while wearing a Bag of Holding will send you a LONG distance
---
Weekly reminder from #FullStopConspiracy:

You can use . and : interchangeably for radio channels.
IE: .g absorbing the AI is the same as :g absorbing the AI.
The upside? No need to hit shift, and you can't accidentally do ;g Absorbing the AI since they use different keys
---
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "the shuttle will actually auto-call if it's no longer possible to call it"
---
Becoming a slime person (not an actual slime) draws from your alien color preference. Thus, you can become a spoopy ghost by setting it to white.
---
If you stunbaton an AI, it will stammer for rest of it's life
---
DEAD: Hanz-Leonid says, "Clowns can randomly decrease or increase the singulo size by -30 or +30"
DEAD: Hanz-Leonid says, "So throwing clowns into singularities has a point"
DEAD: ADMIN(NikNakflak) says, "engineers make it icrease more than usual"
---
OOC: Incoming: weird mechanic tip: When you throw something, you actually drop it at your feet, then it flies across the floor
---
Engiborgs can open and close their own cover with a crowbar module.
Earlier today I was emagging one and it closed its cover at the last second so I couldn't lock it.
---
Transit tubes carry atmospherics
---
(F) DEAD: Peter Prevaux asks, "how do I point a gun at a head, ready to pull a trigger, though?"
(F) DEAD: Phoebe Lotsu says, "aim for the mouth on help intent, click at point blank range"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #149988

you can wear bread on your head slot
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #149996

Engiborgs can self-repair by using a welder.
If you autocall the shuttle, the timer is twenty-five minutes (it's easy to do when there's no AI by deconstructing both comms consoles). It takes over twice as long as usual, though, so it's quicker to red-alert and then call it when it refuels.
A chemistry bag (from the chemistry locker) can hold patches, pills and bottles in huge amounts, and is a small item.
An RCD can be loaded with metal and glass instead of compressed matter cartridges, but it's most efficiently used to make floors and walls.
The Experimentor can increase the tech levels of objects if you irradiate it enough, but it's very rare, and it's mostly trial-and-error.
Science can upgrade the janicart to make it clean floors it moves over, like a janiborg.
Hardsuits and helmets protect against flashbangs, but nothing stops a stunbaton.
Abandoned crates from the asteroid can be opened using a RIPLEY, a kinetic accelerator (given enough time in a zero-pressure environment), gibtonite explosions, or by dragging them in front of a goliath.
Bridge access doesn't just apply to the Bridge - it also opens the EVA/teleporter/gateway shutters on Metastation, and grants access to Secure Tech Storage. Keycard authentication access is always good to hand out, though, even to Assistants.
By using a spear and any type of grenade (including Syndicate minibombs), an explosive spear can be crafted, which explodes when thrown at something or when used to bash something. Attaching a maxcap nitroglycerine grenade will most likely catch you in the explosion, but a minibomb is ideal for a near-guaranteed kill.
The Library console can produce arcane tomes when emagged, and fire alarms will disable their sensors, stopping them from activating in a fire.
Atmospherics can be subtly sabotaged by changing the air composition to something other than 80/20, and then maximising the blue distro loop output.
A MULEbot can run people over when summoned to an area, dealing brute damage and leaving bloody tracks.
Destroying a floor (e.g. through an RCD or mech drill) will also destroy any wires on that tile, as wires must be placed on a surface.
The AI satellite is vulnerable to metal foam grenades, which foam up the floor and block turret and camera line of sight.
The camera outside the Armory in space is motion-sensitive, but the ones outside the AI satellite catwalks aren't.
R&D can produce universal suppressors to attach to SABRs, Stetchkins, C20rs and sniper rifles. Silencing a stetchkin makes it a normal-sized item.
A medigun can heal dead people to within defibrillation range, but is hard to acquire.
Showers can be wrenched to 'freezing' temperature to provide the cold environment necessary for cryoxadone to function.
If a gang tag is sprayed on a wall, the wall will have the prints and fibres, not the tag.
By pressing "New Record" and editing the record New Record (it's called that), you can create new security records to set to Arrest - e.g. the wizard, or Unknown.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #150035

TheNightingale wrote: Abandoned crates from the asteroid can be opened using a RIPLEY, a kinetic accelerator (given enough time in a zero-pressure environment), gibtonite explosions, or by dragging them in front of a goliath.
Emagging the crate destroys the contents though
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #150091

TheNightingale wrote: The AI satellite is vulnerable to metal foam grenades, which foam up the floor and block turret and camera line of sight.
On that note, anything that blocks LoS helps vs turrets, so smoke grenades/spell fall under that category as well.
I wonder if teargas has the same effect: due its 'It's just tea-- OH MY GOD THE ENTIRE ROOM IS FULL OF RED SMOKE!!' behaviour, it could be pretty good at breaching turret defenses.
Helios wrote:
TheNightingale wrote: Abandoned crates from the asteroid can be opened using a RIPLEY, a kinetic accelerator (given enough time in a zero-pressure environment), gibtonite explosions, or by dragging them in front of a goliath.
Emagging the crate destroys the contents though
That is weird. You'd think exposing it to a gibtonite explosion would destroy its contents, yet it doesn't.
Maybe it's an emag bug?

Nevermind, apparently emagging it immediately activates the anti-tamper-mechanism.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #150096

I think it depends on whether or not the lock is destroyed, or the crate is destroyed. Using a RIPLEY/KA/gibtonite/goliath destroys the crate itself (probably qdel or something), dropping the contents. Using an emag short-circuits the lock (like an EMP), which triggers the explosion mechanism because the lock has been damaged.

It's the difference between smashing a car window and setting off the alarm, and welding through the roof.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #150105

My guess is that its technically an artifact from the days when crates didn't used to be shootable/explodable.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #150107

One Seven One wrote:DEAD: Hanz-Leonid says, "Clowns can randomly decrease or increase the singulo size by -30 or +30"
I thought it was between -100 and +100? I think it's +30 for engineers.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #150125

Wew that's an old quote from me. Back when I still had the hyphen in my name.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #150151

(F) DEAD: Simon Styles says, ">Ian is unharmed"
(F) DEAD: Brock Ryals says, "The tesla knows what's up"
(F) DEAD: Leeann Ewing says, "ian's body is a hardsuit"
(F) DEAD: Brock Ryals asks, "Is that why he can survive with only a helmet and an air tank?"
(F) DEAD: Leeann Ewing says, "yeah"
(F) DEAD: Brock Ryals says, "Well shit
---
If you take a picture of a room with disco lights, the picture (Object) flashes with disco lights.
---
For the traitor objective to steal documents, there's a neutral set in the vault.
---
Hivemind, alien larva (751) hisses, "If you bite people you evolve faster"
---
DEAD: Magni Bronzebeard asks, "Did you know that taser bolts drain mechs?"
---
OOC: ParadoxSpace: remember that if you wash a stunbaton/stunprod in the sink, the charge is stronger
---
The Staff of Animation can animate holographic objects. They retain their 'force' and do not disappear when they leave the holodeck/the holodeck is shut off. So you can load up the thunder dome simulation over and over for infinite E-sword buddies.
---
Ricotez wrote:
One Seven One wrote:DEAD: Hanz-Leonid says, "Clowns can randomly decrease or increase the singulo size by -30 or +30"
I'll need to update my notes then
Zilenan91 wrote:Wew that's an old quote from me. Back when I still had the hyphen in my name.
I've actually got a few from you, some are irrelevant because of changes.
---
OOC: Zilenan91: If you screwdriver the det revolver, do you need to load it with special ammo or does the ammo it already has good?
OOC: PKPenguin321: all modding it does is allows it to use 357
OOC: PKPenguin321: which is traitor revolver ammo
---
DEAD: Hanz Leonid says, "I think screwdrivering the doll stuns them"

Aiming for the head wacks the head
Aiming for the eyes lets you see through their eyes.
Aiming for the mouth lets you speak for them
Aiming for the legs makes them walk
Aiming for the chest takes out the object
Using a welder on them makes them burn up
Last edited by One Seven One on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #150153

I wonder how many of those are bullshit, because I can hardly believe some of 'em.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #150155

DemonFiren wrote:I wonder how many of those are bullshit, because I can hardly believe some of 'em.
I know the first four are.
Not so sure about the last three since I forget to ever test anything in this folder.

I think the last one would work.
If I recall the code for the staff of animation just replaces the object with a mob that looks like it. So it should work for holograms.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #150157

The alien one is true. I think washing a stunbaton stuns you. Screwdrivering the .38 revolver (when it's unloaded) means you have to chamber .357s instead - you can't fire .38s out of it any more until you fix it by using a screwdriver again. You can stab someone in the eyes with a screwdriver to try and stun/blind them, but only if they don't have eye protection.
Taking a photograph of the blueprints works for the "station blueprints" objective; they don't have to be the actual blueprints.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150160

yeah, the stunbaton in the sink thing is just that guy pranking you. washing an active, turned-on stunbaton in a sink shocks you for a pretty significant amount of time. i learned this the hard way after a traitorsec murderbone :^)
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #150456

Welding as a shadowling stuns you as long as if you were wearing thermals, which is a lot
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #150527

Helios wrote:Welding as a shadowling stuns you as long as if you were wearing thermals, which is a lot
I believe you can avoid that by getting welding implants before hatching. Your eyes count as NVGs/thermals I believe
Helios

Post by Helios » #152061

Wizard teleport scroll can be used from the away mission to get back to the station.
Away missions are usually full of corpses
Soulstone wizards can fill pile of stones there
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #152397

Ricotez wrote:
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... an.dm#L692

clowns do -300 to +300

Station engineers give +100

To put that in prospective, 200 is stage two, 500 stage 3, 1000, stage 4, 2000, stage 5, 3000 stage 6
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #152400

Not quite sure if that's a bug (genetics code might as well be written in hieroglyphs for me):
Injecting somebody with a DNA injector gives you 'hints' as to what the power blocks are.
- grab a monkey
- turn into a human
- inject monkeyman with the clean se injector
- scan its blocks, look for any blocks with a value above 800
- these blocks contain powers
- whenever you get a power block high enough, inject the monkeyman with it to look for more pointers
- begin eating your hand because RNG hates you and you need 20 minutes to get the blocks to the proper values despite already knowing where the powers are

Just make sure you don't have the strangeness mutation, because that disability acts in a similar way - just for disabilities.
If this is a bug, feel free to make a git issue.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152406

If you throw someone at a wall its like tabling but with a much shorter stun and it does damage
So instead of relying on disarms like a plebian, just grab and throw for essentially a guaranteed damaging push
Spoiler:
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #152834

PKPenguin321 wrote:If you throw someone at a wall its like tabling but with a much shorter stun and it does damage
So instead of relying on disarms like a plebian, just grab and throw for essentially a guaranteed damaging push
works even better if it's an electrified grill.

quadruply better if the power grid is wired directly into the singularity.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #152836

Cuboos wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:If you throw someone at a wall its like tabling but with a much shorter stun and it does damage

Octupletly if there's a conveyor/spacewind pulling them into the grille. Makes the bodies harder to retrieve too and it's always fun to see Assistants degenerate into lemmings
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152839

Cuboos wrote:

sure, but the thing about my tip is that it works with walls
which are, you know, literally everywhere but space
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #153037

soap, newspaper, and fedora suicides are amazing memes.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #153109

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Cuboos wrote:

Not sure if i want to grab a guy with a esword or a taser stun baton tho
The future is horrible!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153116

Ezel wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Cuboos wrote:

Not sure if i want to grab a guy with a esword or a taser stun baton tho
if you can do the inputs fast enough (click to grab, usekey to upgrade, throwkey, click on/behind a wall) it can be about as fast as a disarm
basically it's like a disarm except not RNG and harder to input (and i guess it wouldn't work if the target is actively moving)

that's right, SS13 has advanced inputs. we street fighter now
Spoiler:
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #153124

You just learned me a new way to murderbone easier
The future is horrible!
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #153180

As a ghost, you can simply click on a xeno-spawned spider to gain control. You don't need to wait for someone to use a sentient potion. Also you won't be bound to serve anyone if you gain control this way
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153198

Whaaaat is that for real
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #153248

indeed it is
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #153252

If you insert an item inside a bread or a cake, and then construct a new recipe (birthday cake, for example) the inserted item is destroyed. Slicing the resulting cake or bread won't return the item.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #153296

Grazyn wrote:As a ghost, you can simply click on a xeno-spawned spider to gain control. You don't need to wait for someone to use a sentient potion. Also you won't be bound to serve anyone if you gain control this way
This should be removed tbh this gives you like free valid hunting sentiemt spider powers
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153297

It's fiiiiine

Also I wouldn't call it valids because if a nurse spider gets sentienced they lay eggs and then suddenly everyone is dead.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #153322

Player spiders are op as fuck and snowball out of control 100 percent of the time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153324

If xenobiologists don't want this then it's up to them to kill them, or do hostile gold slimes so they all murder each other while locked in the pen.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #153346

Wait nvm i thought the xeno event thingy not xenobiologist spawned ones
The future is horrible!
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #153350

You can pick up knocked over monkeys with the xenobio console before the slime has killed it. If the slime is large, this has a very good chance of making it pop early.

Yes I discovered a secret in xenobio that makes it a million times better.

Why yes you can make a statue of me if you'd like. Make sure you get my good side.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #153352

ShadowDimentio wrote:You can pick up knocked over monkeys with the xenobio console before the slime has killed it. If the slime is large, this has a very good chance of making it pop early.

Yes I discovered a secret in xenobio that makes it a million times better.

Why yes you can make a statue of me if you'd like. Make sure you get my good side.
Only if the lights get turned off
The future is horrible!
Helios

Post by Helios » #153417

You can emote rejecting an implant and convince everyone there's a revolution
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #153425

Helios wrote:You can emote rejecting an implant and convince everyone there's a revolution
How.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #153428

DemonFiren wrote:
Helios wrote:You can emote rejecting an implant and convince everyone there's a revolution
How.
me "seems to resist the implant!"

Grayshirt seems to resist the implant!
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Helios

Post by Helios » #153454

MMMiracles wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
How.
me "seems to resist the implant!"

Grayshirt seems to resist the implant!
I got tricked by it. It seemed to work
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #153722

The Bartender's ability to throw a glass without spilling it extends to all forms of containers.

I've yet to find a use for this antagonistically but it's fun to impress people who didn't know.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #153758

Anonmare wrote:The Bartender's ability to throw a glass without spilling it extends to all forms of containers.

I've yet to find a use for this antagonistically but it's fun to impress people who didn't know.
It actually hurts a bunch of antagonistic uses for it like dousing people in fire chems and mutagen from range.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153793

It still douses them if it hits them directly afaik
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #153794

That a modified detective revolver can two shot sec officers into crit
By leaving 60 brute 3 shots the captain and if it blows in your face it does 20 burn reasonblr enough to modify it
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153797

Would you rather have an infinite stun ggnore gun or would you rather have a revolver that blows up in your face
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #153798

Zilenan91 wrote:Would you rather have an infinite stun ggnore gun or would you rather have a revolver that blows up in your face
Well if the gun can get its first shot on the person by slowing him down by the damage then the second downs him then yes

And a taser you can adrenal out of it a very lethal gun not
The future is horrible!