Chinese Cartoons

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by Remie Richards » #149723

Bottom post of the previous page:

OH MY GOSH.

Today's Boku dake ga inai machi episode!!
It was so cute but oh my god why ;_;
私は完璧
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #149764

Konosuba is pretty funny and charming, a great take on the fantasy rpg world genre
Spoiler:
the mage refuses to use anything but the strongest magic and instantly burns through her mana, the healer keeps getting eaten by monsters and the tank loves to take damage a bit too much
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #150886

can't stop watching ergo proxy
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #150897

Kuro is cute!

I feel like something heartbreaking is about to happen to it.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #151805

Boku dake ga inai machi:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Spoiler:
Satoru managed to push back Hinazuki's death by 1-2 days, so she dies 11 years old instead of 10, so he *can* change things, but then he fucked up and he's back in the Present and now AIRI IS DEAD TOO!? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
私は完璧
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #152274

Remie Richards wrote:Boku dake ga inai machi:

Spoiler:
Satoru managed to push back Hinazuki's death by 1-2 days, so she dies 11 years old instead of 10, so he *can* change things, but then he fucked up and he's back in the Present and now AIRI IS DEAD TOO!? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
i watched the first episode of this but i didnt want to wait for more os i read all of the manga and ig sounds like they changed a bunch of shit so iguess im gonna watch it
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #152318

captain sawrge wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:Boku dake ga inai machi:

Spoiler:
i watched the first episode of this but i didnt want to wait for more os i read all of the manga and ig sounds like they changed a bunch of shit so iguess im gonna watch it
I did the same thing lol
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #152322

yeah its cool so far

final chapter spiielrso!!!!!!
Spoiler:
i wsa a little dissapointed theat the main character gets cucked i ohpe thats not actually her baby and shes just a nurseo r something idk lol
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #152350

captain sawrge wrote: final chapter spiielrso!!!!!!
Spoiler:
i wsa a little dissapointed theat the main character gets cucked i ohpe thats not actually her baby and shes just a nurseo r something idk lol
Spoiler:
yeah I was really hoping up to that point that they would get together in the end but then when she came in with a baby I was like "fuuuuuuuck" and was clutching my chest. Maybe slightly related but I remember before reading the manga in this thread after the first ep aired I called that the teacher was the murderer and when I was reading and you find out it's really him I was like "CALLED IT".
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #152352

finished ergo proxy

shit was weird
Spoiler:
what was walt disney doing in an episode
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #152354

TheWiznard wrote:Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Watched it. Saw the twists coming a mile away. Honestly the whole thing has been done a million times, the whole "DUDE HAS TIME TRAVEL POWERS AND IS SENT BACK IN TIME TO SAVE THE DAY", but I like what I've seen so far, especially the climax at the end.

It looks like it's shaping up to be a lot like Virtue's Last Reward, which is good, because if there was one way to do time travel right it's that way.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #152355

Ricotez wrote:finished ergo proxy

shit was weird
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Trying desperately to avoid a fight because he knew he'd get pulverized.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #152356

Nyaa is currently ded, and I'm too lazy to use another site.

Fuck streaming.

No Cambodian Cinema for me, I guess.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #152430

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Ricotez wrote:finished ergo proxy

shit was weird
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Trying desperately to avoid a fight because he knew he'd get pulverized.
ergo proxy was really this weird thing where

some episodes would be very bleak and depressing about characters trying to find the meaning of their lives?

and then there's an entire exposition episode in the form of a quiz show

I never knew what to expect of the next episode, it was weird but also strangely interesting
Spoiler:
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #152497

Started and finished a few animes recently :o
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1827/Seirei_no_Moribito - Currently on episode 20
This one is probably my favorite out of all that I have watched - if course it wasn't better than Arslan Senki.. fuck I love that one.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/28907/Gate ... _Tatakaeri - Finished
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31637/Gate ... 2nd_Season - Currently on episode 5
This one.. holy shit.. I honestly love this one so fucking much aaaaaaaah!!!

Last episode was fucking amazing with Lelei aka Gilgamesh 2.0
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25159/Inou ... no_Naka_de - Finished
Took me all of one day to watch this one.. was nice to step back from all the fighting/death and just watch a nice calm anime about highschool students with superpowers.

100% no super magic bs in this one.. yup.. magical faires.. fuck.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/28391/Ao_n ... our_Rhythm - Currently on episode 4
Magical flying shoes?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/134/Gunslinger_Girl - Currently on episode 3
Schoolgirl Assassins.. people speaking Japanese in italy.. okay..

I have a lot more but it would take up too much space..
っぽい
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #152735

I binged Ergo Proxy, finally.
I can sum it up in 4 words.
"I don't get it"

it was a fun watch though.
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152739

I studied philosophy and I only get half of it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #152744

TheWiznard wrote:
captain sawrge wrote: final chapter spiielrso!!!!!!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
yeah I was really hoping up to that point that they would get together in the end but then when she came in with a baby I was like "fuuuuuuuck" and was clutching my chest. Maybe slightly related but I remember before reading the manga in this thread after the first ep aired I called that the teacher was the murderer and when I was reading and you find out it's really him I was like "CALLED IT".
Spoiler:
tyeah same here about the teacher. his advice came across as really psycho and the shit with child services too. apparently the manga is almost over now which kind of sucks because i liked the original premise and would've liked to seen more with the revivals than just a couple early on and then the few big ones. i dont know shit about it or if there's any hope of it happening but i hope theres like a sequel or something
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #152909

Came back to this thread to make sure people are watching Boku dake ga Inai Machi.

I'm proud. Good taste has prevailed.

Dat ED tho holy shit. So good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #152972

Remie Richards wrote:I binged Ergo Proxy, finally.
"I don't get it"

I don't fully get it either, but I think that (MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES)
Spoiler:
the greater theme is about the meaning of life and the purpose of your existence.

People repeatedly talk about raison d'être and several time they mention "I think, therefore I am". In Latin, this is Cogito Ergo Sum.

AutoRaivs infected with the Cogito virus obtain self-awareness become obsessed with their purpose in life, and Ergo Proxy originally left Romdeau because it was, in his opinion, a failed city and he therefore failed in his purpose in life.

The proxies in general struggle with their purpose in life. They exist to maintain the domes, a manufactured species of humans and the AutoRaivs, and they will lose that purpose once the Earth has finished healing and the Boomerang Star returns from its eons in space. They disintegrate in the sunlight, because they are simply no longer be necessary once the sunlight returns.

I don't really understand exactly what was happening with Vince and Ergo Proxy in the finale, though. Why were there two? And why has Vince overcome whatever is happening to all the other proxies?
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #152976

Ricotez wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:I binged Ergo Proxy, finally.
"I don't get it"

I don't fully get it either, but I think that (MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES)

-smart snip-
Spoiler:
I knew the latin for "I think, therefore I am" but I never consciously put the two "Cogito"'s together, that's really neat.

Also PROXY One kept saying Vince was a shadow? Like, a fake? PROXY One was really determined that atleast one proxy survive just to piss off god, so I assume PROXY One made Vince as a copy of himself? (A bit arrogant I suppose, "Only I can do this, but just to be safe there's TWO of me!") What I also really didn't get about the end is how the hell the other Re-l is Monad? like... everyone just started calling her Monad! 0 explanation and I feel like I really missed something there.

Also I have never heard raison d'être said so many times in such a short space of time, they really liked to use that instead of "reason for living"

And that's another thing, what on earth are the statues? There's clearly 4 consciousnesses there (or looks to be), they spoke for the administrator a lot of the time, but they weren't him (they fell silent after he died, but of their own choice)

AND WHY WAS THE GAMESHOW EPISODE ACTUALLY FULL OF PLOT? I can get like, a "take a break" episode (although it's rather close to the "no plot development today, let's learn all about our characters as people" episode which is a bit odd) but having it -actually- matter? that's really weird. It was also the first mention of PROXY One, which is like kind of a weird spoiler-type deal.

The flustered nature of this spoiler'd post reflects how much this show just confused me haha.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #152987

You guys are forgetting anime follows the Rule of Cool before anything else.

Sometimes shit just sounds 2deep4u because it adds more interesting mystery and implied depth when in truth it's just there to be cool.
It's not necessary for things to add up or make sense in the end as long as it was entertaining.
There's a reason why there's so much English/German phrases and shit in random anime: it sounds edgy as fuck to them and they eat it up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #152989

(more ergo proxy spoilers)
Spoiler:
the game show host was just another proxy, one who didn't want to fight ergo directly so instead tried to outsmart him

the whole episode was an exposition episode to provide some background but I think they did it really well, with a lot of humour and silliness so the lore dump doesn't get boring

I think the reason why the host broadcast it to Romdeau might also be related to that whole "middlefinger to the Creator" thing, he probably wanted to play at least a little role in the struggle between Ergo Proxy and Proxy One
An0n3 wrote:There's a reason why there's so much English/German phrases and shit in random anime: it sounds edgy as fuck to them and they eat it up.
pointless german names in anime really piss me off but it must be annoying to them too when our media uses random chinese and japanese words
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #153003

Ricotez wrote:must be annoying to them too when our media uses random chinese and japanese words
I think you mean "when dumbasses randomly get kanji or other pictographs tattoo'ed on themselves, or nerds proudly display their katana collections" but yeah.

Cultural appropiation is so widespread there's little point in getting offended over it. Laugh at it when its really absurd but otherwise you just have to accept it as a symptom of living in a global society.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #153010

it's a given that dumbass individuals appropiate and get the kanji for i am an idiot tattood on their arms

but now the same dumbasses are writing light novels and get them turned into movies and series and shit
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #153072

Well they use English they don't understand on shirts and stuff.

Type of idiot you find everywhere I guess.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #153079

Incomptinence wrote:Well they use English they don't understand on shirts and stuff.

Type of idiot you find everywhere I guess.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #153122

I'd wear that shirt.

Two of my favorite things

Peanut butter and fucking your mum

Oh and chocolate bars but you're weird if you don't like chocolate so ???
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #153596

Ooooh Boku daku ga inai machi's still great.
Spoiler:
Why did Satoru's mother's colleague have red eyes on the phone!? Only the killer has had red eyes so far, yes they don't look like the same person, but red eyes are clearly a hint to "something"
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #153599

konosuba remains great too

cuban pete mage is best character
Spoiler:
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #153738

Ricotez wrote:konosuba remains great too

-snip-

cuban pete mage is best character
Ye best anime!
っぽい
Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #154169

is anyone else watchin osomatsu san cause i am and its pretty dang good
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #154346

thingken about how [boku dake ga inai machi really late manga spoilres]
Spoiler:
kayo marries som1 else after satoru goes into a coma
and i feel like dying
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #154418

kamisama kiss is pretty funny
Spoiler:
homeless girl becomes the goddess of a local shrine and has to deal with the antics of the shrine's fox familiar, as well as several yokai who are after her, all while learning how to be a god, increase the influence of her shrine, and not get held back a year in school over her attendance record
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #154522

I got Cyber City Oedo 808 for Christmas and just started watching it. Hooooly shit this is some retro cyberpunk goodness.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #154534

Cyber City Oedo is great.

I wanna watch something like Afrosamurai/Ninja Scroll. Bloody nonsensical samurai action without any power levels or lmao so random moments or pseudophilosophy. There's gotta be a ton of that, right? Gimme some titles, please.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #154994

Caught up on Bokumachi because I pseudo-dropped it out of laziness.

Spoilers for episode 5 and 6 sort of
Spoiler:
What the fuck Airi
It's common knowledge that you don't open a hot door in a burning building
I don't care if you lived or not but I was instantly triggered the moment she opened the door and caused the backdraft
I mean for fuck's sake, that's something that's taught to kids before they turn 10, and in a mostly urban place like Japan it would be even more likely that they would teach this
>7's cliffhanger

FUCK
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #155053

Whoisthere wrote:I wanna watch something like Afrosamurai/Ninja Scroll. Bloody nonsensical samurai action without any power levels or lmao so random moments or pseudophilosophy. There's gotta be a ton of that, right? Gimme some titles, please.
Samurai Champloo is pretty good, about a ronin samurai and a bloke who is just really bloody good with a sword who escort a girl to Kyoto.

Katanagatari is also pretty good, about a man who is trained to take on other swordfighters with martial arts and a woman who look for 12 very special swords crafted by a master swordsman. This one does get a bit philosophical at times, but mainly in that all twelve swords are vastly different (some don't even look like swords) and they each have a different philosophy behind them.
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #155081

2 of the swords are so far from being swords that it barely counts
3 if count that other one
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #155082

I liked how
Spoiler:
all of them were a bit evil and sort-of corrupted their wielder, except for the one that was based on a training sword and actually purified its wielder because it could not be used in actual combat
Last edited by Ricotez on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #155083

Takeguru wrote: >7's cliffhanger

FUCK
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spoiler:
I'm hoping to heck that it's just the teacher being nosey and trying to help Hinazuki, rather than it being what it looks like at first ;_;
私は完璧
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #155332

katanagatari is prob my fav cantonese flipbook
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #155333

togame is sexy
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #155334

captain sawrge wrote:katanagatari is prob my fav cantonese flipbook
i remember being irritated by katanagatari's ending but i don't remember at what specifically probably someone i liked died
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #155335

i had better catch up on erased too

i always stick around a season for 3-4 weeks and then get bored and fall behind after that

i'm only interested in like 2 series out of spring season so hopefully i actually catch shit as it airs
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #155339

Gate II is aight.

Caught up on it today.

Now I actually sort of have an excuse for blowing 120odd bucks on a scale of Rory

EDIT:

Boku Machi 8

At least this one's cliffhanger didn't leave me in such suspense

Apparently episode 7's cliffhanger wasn't even that special in regards to the manga, it was a mid-chapter thing
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #157482

Episode 8 of Gate season 2....

wow.
っぽい
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #157500

Yeah, I wasn't impressed.

Significant from a story perspective but not all that interesting to watch
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #157675

Takeguru wrote:Yeah, I wasn't impressed.

Significant from a story perspective but not all that interesting to watch
You misunderstood my "Wow"

That was a "Wow" of amazement cause holy shit that ending.
っぽい
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #157680

I guess I did

To be fair though it didn't look like an enthusiastic "wow."
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #160788