Re: XCOM2 - More like SyndiCOM

Post by XSI » #157495

Bottom post of the previous page:

Keep playing, the game is pretty forgiving from what I've seen
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #157519

ThanatosRa wrote:Did they bring back mec troopers? I need to get my augments on when I play it finally.
Give it time, people are modding a lot of things in, like advent psychers, explorers, elite versions of enemies, new classes, voices, and so on...

For now my mod folder is only 1GB in (mainly a voice pack for the imperial guard, shepard, Deadpool, the obligatory fixes, the long war stuff and some flags) but I can see that growing.

Oh BTW, bomb vests are already in, have fun!

Pd: Even in commander, the game is forgiving in your overall capacity to survive losses, but I think they turned a notch the lethality of combat, If you get invested in some soldier, make it a sharpshooter.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #158365

I see boom vests. How terrorista can you really get?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #158410

ThanatosRa wrote:I see boom vests. How terrorista can you really get?
The alpha version? You can youtube it, it blew the town SO hard, the game freezed for 10 seconds or so (40 tiles of radius, apocalyptical effect.

It's called the commander's vest. Of course the real mod is quite toned down, but even so, people said it was broken.

Also, you go to town to blow up buildings, kill innocents (after three runs, I couldn't care less about advent civilians, at best they're a liability, at worst, real trouble), cops, kidnap vips, raid trains and so on. If you take the pov of any advent civilian, you're as bad as you can get.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #158432

/tg/station character pool when?
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #158450

Just finished XCOM 2. Impressions:

> Defence turret add-on is exceedingly useless and expensive, given that you are only hunted once in a single campaign, and even then, the mission is not very difficult since you get to put ten trillion units on the battlefield, and you can always just squadsight the jammer down. Only allowing the mission once is totally retarded.

> Campaign was way too easy on 'Commander' mode, keeping the avatar project down is very easy to do, and the retaliatory strikes and general missions are ridiculously easy compared to terror missions.

> Chryssalids are weak as fuck now, never even had one reach one of my units in the entire campaign, without savescumming.

> Lack of unit variety on most maps, focusing on the basic Advent forces. Would have liked to see more unit variation and a growth in pod size, especially in the middle-late of the campaign, e.g. by throwing three vipers/sectoid/regular soldier in with a normal pod or whatever. You very very rarely see sectoids, vipers, chryssalids, berserkers or esp. sectopods late game. Most of it is just generic advent soldier spam + andromedons + archons + codexes + maybe, a few mutons but probably not.

> Hacking feels like it had potential, but ultimately feels watered down, being only able to hack objectives and security towers. Would have been cool if you could hack doors to open them silently, cars (for distractions). More stuff you can do to mechanized enemies would be nice too. Furthermore, it's impossible to base any strategy even slightly around hacking without savescumming, since you do not know the benefits of hacking something in advance, this shouldn't be the case.

> Some missions feel like insubstantial filler after you get to the point in the campaign where you have 4+ sectors.

> R&D felt kinda barebones. T2/T3 armor/weapons, autopsies, and that was it.

> Buggy as fuck.

> Campaign felt kinda barebones, in that other than the intro cinematic, there's no cutscene that isn't 'hey, we discovered <totally obvious thing that everyone with a brain already knew, go do/get x for me>. Nothing that shows you how life is on the ground, or anything really like that.

> Ship facility slots are much fewer compared to before.

> Part of me felt like I'd rather be playing the Long War while playing it since it's so watered down in comparison.

> Removal of enemies for some reason. Like, why not keep Mechtoids, Seekers, Ethereals, Muton Elite, Drones, Floaters, Sectoid Commanders, or Cyberdisks?

Overall, I enjoyed it, despite it's flawed nature.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #158494

It makes sense to remove Floaters though, since they were refined into Archons,
Ethereals, well, there are reasons why not, but it would still make sense to have some of them still in.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #158513

There are muton commanders as a mod, and I wouldn't be surprised if, before long, the rest are added as mods too.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #158543

Well none of my dudes are something I want to turn into full terrorists yet(All my damn rookies keep getting promoted!). I've already become slightly attached. Which is bad Early Game. Still doing my Overwatch Advances to cover my advances.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #159572

You can be hunted multiple times, Amelius. Depends on how often that Hunter UFO dark event pops up.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #159839

Really? I only saw it once near the beginning so I assumed it only happened once.

I ended in like, September or something on Commander.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #159855

I'll get a screenshot of my squad for you guys when I get home.

You know, I feel kinda bad though... the One Arab guy I got(entirely randomly generated too though he was a conscious hire) is one i Have in the shebagh mask... And I made him a psi op.

His nickname upon getting sergeant was "Preacher". He has yet to see combat(I shoved him back into the psi op training thing a few times).

I'm concerned that I may have a psychic jihadi imam in my crew.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159858

ThanatosRa wrote:I'll get a screenshot of my squad for you guys when I get home.

You know, I feel kinda bad though... the One Arab guy I got(entirely randomly generated too though he was a conscious hire) is one i Have in the shebagh mask... And I made him a psi op.

His nickname upon getting sergeant was "Preacher". He has yet to see combat(I shoved him back into the psi op training thing a few times).

Fortunately for you, the xenos are all kafir.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #159918

DemonFiren wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:I'll get a screenshot of my squad for you guys when I get home.

Fortunately for you, the xenos are all kafir.
The funniest part was that he defaulted with the Happy Go Lucky personality.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #160038

I couldn't do it. I couldn't keep the name Preacher or shebagh.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 1422D56FE/

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #160050

You are a disgrace and an infidel.

Let X-COM's soldiers make their racist jokes, and let your badasses live up to the nicknames, it's the only way they can bond.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #160056

If it makes you feel better i almost gave him the nickname Jaffar.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #160583

So this is going to be a thing. Because there wasn't enough time spent snowflaking your meatbags as it is, we're now getting the ability to have an army of shitlords in sci-fi gimpsuits now. It is good to see more choice for the cobbled together, "personalised" options though.

For those unable or too lazy to click the link, basically bunch of new customising options (over 100, apparently) gonna be released on the 17th for $4.99, and free for those that have the Reinforcement pack.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #160591

I welcome this chance to dress like a shitlord.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
K-64

Post by K-64 » #160910

I'm still waiting for a mod that changes the top tier armour to something that makes your squad look less like a bunch of Mass Effect rejects. Although the predator armour is also a bit meh, the E.X.O. suits look pretty rad.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #160916

Am I terrible for wishing I could have my dudes wear jumpsuits with separately tinted gloves so I could just hunt aliums with validhunting shitlorde assistants?

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
K-64

Post by K-64 » #160918

Honestly, having your rookies be greyshits would be better because at least someone would be robust on the get-go.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #160938

And yet, it's entirely under Your control how they look and you can still keep that aesthetic. Let people have fun the way they want to if they have the option to.

And really, I don't feel it's too fast in 20 years. XCOM got stomped to the curb during the base defense mission, etc etc, Now they're just picking up anybody up who can vaguely aim a gun at the enemy, and the aliens have gotten complacent enough in the last two decades for that to work.

But I do see what you're saying. Let people have thier tryhard shitlord punks, and you can have your camp scifi armor and such.

I admit I can't STAND when people shit on choice when it's like this. You have the options for both and if you don't wanna pay for the new shit you don't want you don't have to (unless you bought the DLC season pass like a shitlord(like me*cough*)). Why can't we just live and live in situations like this? Jesus.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
K-64

Post by K-64 » #160979

Honestly, some of the options do look good for the whole rag-tag guerilla resistance movement that XCOM has been reduced to, but yeah, some of the stuff does go a bit too much into ball-gag territory for me to take seriously.

Just means I'm not gonna use those specific items is all though. Likely going to be plenty of good stuff there to make it worth the zero extra dollars I'm spending on it.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #161052

Fair enough. It's just a sore point for both of us in different ways and we should just suck it up and move on.

... also I'm mad at myself for fucking up a mission. Kidnap VIP etc etc. I fucked up and while trying to kill a couple dudes on the roof of the building with Rift Void I killed the target by accident. Oh and two guys got knocked out and had to be carried off, then a Third who had shaken will(And I had almost gotten it broken for him) was seriously injured then flipped his shit and ran AWAY from the EVAC. So I lost a fucking warsuit because I decided to bring you you god damned pussy. If I didn't want the hardware back I'd be tempted to just refuse the mission to rescue you. And worst yet, Florida Man had a brush with death and his will has been broken for a bit. He'll be cooking meth in the lower decks and stealing Bradford's shit in no time.

And yet, since this is XCOM 2, this could be considered a complete success.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #162557

Mini-necro, Anarchy's Children DLC came out a few hours ago.

Making rookies go bare-chested into battle with only a gun and short-shorts to fight ayys is a beautiful thing.

EDIT: Because pictures are worth 1000 words.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #162589

So yea. ... We War Boys XCOM now?

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #167481

I don't understand why the game lets you try again if you fail the final mission on ironman. Fuck that shit, I restarted my campaign anyway.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #167502

Anti frustration feature?

I love the game and lose hours on it still, but I'm taking a break for a bit to stave off burnout. I want that new damn class already though. And given the description I hope its a successor to the MEC. At less that's the vibe I get from a mention of unique built in weapons.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #167506

I'm on my third restart because I'm a fucking scrub, but I always keep FABRIZIO FERRARI in the character pool. This time he turned out to be a grenadier, which made me a little sad, but he's still kicking ass.

One of my starting characters is a bald chick with big yellow sunglasses and a spiked leather vest who got the nickname "Wildchild". Anarchy's Children makes the random generation hilarious.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #167560

I added a bunch of voice packs in. Occasionally I'll end up with like... Lewis Black in there. Who I'll recruit as a rookie, turn into a psyker and mindrape people while screaming profanity and anecdotes about horses and college.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #168044

Spoiler:
Shoe Snatchin' Willy snatching the alien Blacksite Vial while being backed up by Tedward.
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #168835

Caleb Robinson, Wiznard, Bryce Pax, Anon3, Weed Scopes and some randomnamer prepare for the final assault.
Spoiler:
Edit: The /tg/station squad successfully put a banging donk on it. Easy modo complete.
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #178053

holy frigg she's almost dead capt'n.

Alien Hunter's DLC came out a few days ago, the unique weapons are nice to have and you actually need to do the story mission to unlock the progression for them if you want to use them past ballistics-tier.

alien spoilers wee-woo
Spoiler:
Viper King is a push-over, took it down in the 2nd mission I encountered it.

Berserker Queen came out of nowhere for a mission, proceeded to run into a fusion blade and get spam-stunned. Killed it first mission with no damage taken. RNG is beautiful sometimes.

Archon King is terrifying and I hate him completely. His upgraded ariel attack has splash damage and heavily punishes any kind of soldier clustering. If you have more than 2 soldiers clustered and he does that shit its pretty much game-over GG enjoy having multiple unconscious soldiers before you can even finish your turn. I had mag rifles and power armor by time I met him and holy fuck he's a genuine pain in the ass to deal with. Literally lifts your soldiers into the air and bodyslams them fuck THAT SHIT.
Also they apparently sneaked in some DLC from Shen's Last Gift. Shit like MECs, a few campaign missions, and maybe even SHIVs are gonna see a return with the DLC. I need my cyborgs to robo-punch mutons into the stratosphere once again.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #178125

Something about "Spark MECs". Maybe some kind of high electrical damage or anti-robotics stuff. A Spark Rifle? Maybe some kind of Tesla gun? Sounds like it'll be wicked.

I'll be honet, I was actually hoping for smaller, more moble cyborgs. Like a beefed up version of the MECs out of their armor(Since Shen tried to make it so they could have something like a normal life after the war.)

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #178560

The new DLC got poor reviews. Apparently the new aliums introduced some plain bullshit mechanics. Not sure if it's worth the purchase.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #178684

Honestly, I liked it. It's a challenge. It's XCOM, it's not supposed to be easy.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #178689

You beat the new rulers by using stuff like acid grenades, incendiary stuff, or anything that causes damage over multiple turns.

Repeaters also work on them for some dumb reason. A superior repeater gives a 15% chance to proc an insta-death when you apply something like poison that can last up to 5 turns, which is stupidly powerful against them.

Conflicts with mods that change how pods spawn have caused some FUN things though, like having 2 archon kings spawn into a pod on the same mission. That was a good squadwipe followed by uninstalling said mod.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #191646

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS.

Making me sit here and wait with no word on when Shen's Last Gift was coming out with a stream originally set for yesterday was SPECULATED to be about either this, or the upcoming Console port. NOPE. Just drop the fucking thing RIGHT NOW before the stream.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #201369

So, I finally got around to playing Shen's Last Gift, and that fight is fucking intense when they expect you to handle it
IE assault rifles and frag grenades tier
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #203430

http://imgur.com/a/6mos3

With no further comment, I present the clown
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #203678

I have come to believe that I am mildly addicted to this game. I come back every so often for a strategy fix. It's just... Fun. One of the best games this year so far, DLC or no.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #207312

I know I'm late to the party but I am just so happy that I can liberate Africa from aliens with my squad of Liberian mercenaries wielding machetes clad in skins of dead alien rulers hopped up on zerker serum. General Butt Naked would have been proud, I only wish there was an option to eat the hearts of aliens.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #207497

Hell yea. I'm prolly gonna start a new run with all the long war mods soon.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #246343

Long war 2 has come.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #246354

You can no longer rely on grenades to destroy cover
shit

Still looks awesome though, time for yet another xcom 2 playthrough
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #246416

long war 2 is has some good concepts but advent drones are fucking retarded

2 points of armor earlygame with 4 health, no flank bonuses, some decent dodge (middling chance to hit regardless of scenario) a fuckhuge sightrange, decent mobility, and a short range 2-turn stun is excessive for a unit that has a tendency to appear in every pod

i watched one cc half of an eight-man squad on the first mission by stunning a guy, who got shot to death, causing the rest of the rookies to freak out
Last edited by IcePacks on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #246438

I disliked base XCOM2 but long war has made me interested in a new run. Although I may play through Long War 1 first.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #246451

Aliens seem to prioritize units that have been strangled by vipers now, which means every enemy near them gets a free flank shot and essentially guarantees death.

SURE IS FUN.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #246465

Man I hate the stun drones. The stun guys from the vanilla game were bad but at least they didn't show up for a bit, the drones show up on mission 1.

They really need low dodge and no armour, they're meant to be shitty, expendable drones for scaring civvies - not incapping half the squad while the other half panic and freak out because the new guy died.

Grenades being not as good vs cover also irks me, it was my go-to method of dealing with entrenched enemies. At least flashbangs are still good, they can at least fuck up Sectoids re-animating and MCing people.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #246471

Quanti wrote:
You can no longer rely on grenades to destroy cover
shit

Still looks awesome though, time for yet another xcom 2 playthrough
actually, one of the first abilities you can get for Grenadiers gives that back.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med