Hornygranny - Abuse of absolute power

duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Re: Hornygranny - Abuse of absolute power

Post by duncathan » #160245

Bottom post of the previous page:

The elected headmin will hold just as much authority as HG does. Whether he uses it is up to his own discretion.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #160246

They can by blocking everything hg wants to do
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #160248

Admins (or anyone who could vote in the admin election) who are disconcerned with HG really should have done more to not vote for HG in the majority.

If you want any change to happen then vote for someone who you think will be a pro-active headmin. The only problem is figuring out whom MSO will select.

Right now Loller seems absent, hell at this point I would just assume Loller is a vassal state to HG and is giving him that extra voting boost in the world congress or whatever.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #160252

Every admin gets one vote. Beyond that there's literally nothing else they can do
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #160259

So, how do we kill the HG?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #160263

Luke I think you're forgetting about how you were acting in that thread that got you silenced. You were using a lot of violent words and getting very angry, cursing a lot, and just in general trying to stop discussing by making wide, sweeping statements about how everyone hated these tests that were very clearly untrue.

Should he have done it? I don't know, and I don't know the extent of what he's done either, but I at least have an inkling into it.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160264

Zilenan91 wrote:Luke I think you're forgetting about how you were acting in that thread that got you silenced. You were using a lot of violent words and getting very angry, cursing a lot, and just in general trying to stop discussing by making wide, sweeping statements about how everyone hated these tests that were very clearly untrue.

Should he have done it? I don't know, and I don't know the extent of what he's done either, but I at least have an inkling into it.
Zil, are you fucking high? I made one post saying that I could not wait until HG is out off office as headmin, and another saying how I loved that there's no poll on the thread because he knows the idea is incredibly unpopular, both of which other people had said. From what I recall, there were literally no posts praising the tests. Every post was critical of it. I don't think I even swore once, and even if I did who gives a flying fuck? That is no excuse for his behavior.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #160270

HG said he has no interest in responding to this thread. If you want to talk to him, you can find him in #coderbus @rizon.net.

There probably isn't much point in this thread being open, but it will probably rile people up if I just close it without warning.

So feel free to argue/vent/complain, just know that you're not likely going to get the response you want.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160274

In other words, he has no interest in addressing criticism or being held accountable? He refuses to speak in an open forum where he can't just delete everything and silence people who criticize him?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #160277

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/

You can use this if you don't have an IRC client. Just put rizon for the server, and #coderbus for the channel. He is currently online.

You can ask him yourself why he doesn't like posting on the forums, I'm gonna go have dinner instead of playing telephone.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #160278

It doesn't really matter that it's HG abusing the power.

The fact that headmins can do this doesn't mean that all headmins do it. But it means some can, and they will.
duncathan wrote:The elected headmin will hold just as much authority as HG does. Whether he uses it is up to his own discretion.
It takes 2 headmin votes to undo a headmin decision. Not to mention it causes infinite drama.

To be honest I don't see this being resolved without changing community guidelines or and giving players a way to moderate headmin decisions or policies.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160284

Kor wrote:https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/

You can use this if you don't have an IRC client. Just put rizon for the server, and #coderbus for the channel. He is currently online.

You can ask him yourself why he doesn't like posting on the forums, I'm gonna go have dinner instead of playing telephone.
He may not like posting on the forums but he sure as hell likes to delete posts on the forums
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #160286

stop being a pussy luke

grow some balls

get in the IRC

talk to hornygranny like a man
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #160289

I think it's only fair that the group who voted them in be allowed to have at the very least a vote of non-confidence and impeach them mid-term.

It only takes an individual with the initiative to start one.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #160290

He's been headmin again all of like five days. Re-hold the admin vote again, see how it goes.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160291

That would be the best way to proceed in my opinion. If they knew he would behave like this, I doubt the vote would have played out the way it did. Going forward, admin-voted headmins should go through a trial process just like any other admin has to.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #160292

iamgoofball wrote:stop being a pussy luke

grow some balls

get in the IRC

talk to hornygranny like a man
stop ignoring my post luke
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #160293

I'm sure MSO would listen if the admins ran an impeachement poll and it got majority votes.

Also please don't join #coderbus

use #supportbus or something

edit:removed comment to try to maintain some semblance of impartiality
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #160299

oranges wrote:I'm sure MSO would listen if the admins ran an impeachement poll and it got majority votes.

Also please don't join #coderbus

use #supportbus or something

edit:removed comment to try to maintain some semblance of impartiality
My major issue is this can continue no matter what. It shouldn't happen no matter the admin.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #160308

oranges wrote:Also colour me biased but I don't think anyone who is an admin or headmin should have the ability to supress someones posting ability, it should be a neutral set of forum admins
While obviously there's bias involved the selection of forum staff and their powers largely resulted from incidental measures to fulfill a lack rather than attempts at an aristocracy, or junta if you want to think that. see: you an quartzcrystal and the elections

It would be nice to have, but I'm not an idealist.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #160332

Ikarrus wrote:I think it's only fair that the group who voted them in be allowed to have at the very least a vote of non-confidence and impeach them mid-term.

It only takes an individual with the initiative to start one.
This thread was kind an attempt at that. Admittedly more public because I felt the issues had effected other members not part of the admin group.

I have already spoken to HG on IRC and as I explained yesterday to the adminbus, I find it difficult to get what Im trying to say on IRC. HG is very good at typing quickly in that manor, Im not, I get flustered and end up just reacting to things rather than thinking about them. I also dislike that IRC is a "you had to be there" kinda thing, where logs are only made by those who care to and are on and there's no real accountability. The forums (in theory) have more permanence.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #160353

So basically we have:

1. A person who doesn't want to go to IRC and talk, but is perfectly able to, and does so anyway to open the lines of communication
2. A person who doesn't want to post on the forums, but is perfectly able to, and refuses to do so (it's not a case of not having seen the thread)

One of these options is exponentially more mature than the other.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #160362

So how does HG hold as much power as he does? I don't really get involved into community politics so I don't know. I mean, SoS was host and look what happened.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #160363

His power simply comes from being a head admin, which comes from a majority of admins voting for him.

Afaik we have no idea how HG would go in a general player vote as he's consistantly either won a admin vote, or comes in as a temp headmin when a older headmin leaves.

Edit: To be fair from what I heard the vote for the admin vote came to a literal 50/50 split between Hg and Shaps, and Shaps stepped aside to let HG win to avoid a drawn out re-vote.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #160370

So he doesn't hold any aces in his sleeve, and is merely popular?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #160371

His popularity with some admins, seemingly, comes from his usually fair administration conduct towards bans and players, and that he's one of the few consistent people who has taken the headmin position and did not burn out, and has consistently been able to be in the position without burning out.

I also think some admins either do not remember, or were not around, for the older days of HG and his attitudes, as described above during the time where playerbase and coderbus relations were at their worst, as well as how HG has oft in the past only been present to grab the head min position, and when he loses he disappears for a long time.

From personal experience I recall one point where HG just suddenly appeared out of the blue as a headmin when one headmin left the position.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #160372

Reading all of this political stuff for the server is reminding me of the Revolution of Ukraine in 2013-2014 from Viktor Yanukovych..

Ukraine youth-Everyone here
President giving country to russia- Hornygranny

He shall be the horniest of hornies.

Edit: This may be deleted as I had to make a joke, was too hard not to reading all of it.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #160375

I apologize to the citizenry.

HG is doubleplus good.
Last edited by Stickymayhem on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #160376

I don't keep a Book of Grudges in a notepad. I'm just saying that seems as the most likely of reasons.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #160380

Steelpoint wrote:I don't keep a Book of Grudges in a notepad. I'm just saying that seems as the most likely of reasons.
I think he saved a gypsy's life and she gifted him with unholy powers
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #160381

Stickymayhem wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:His popularity with some admins, seemingly, comes from his usually fair administration conduct towards bans and players, and that he's one of the few consistent people who has taken the headmin position and did not burn out, and has consistently been able to be in the position without burning out.

I also think some admins either do not remember, or were not around, for the older days of HG and his attitudes, as described above during the time where playerbase and coderbus relations were at their worst, as well as how HG has oft in the past only been present to grab the head min position, and when he loses he disappears for a long time.

From personal experience I recall one point where HG just suddenly appeared out of the blue as a headmin when one headmin left the position.
>Consistent

Lol he's the always been the least active headmin by far and never consistently around for anything when he was needed

>Did not burn out

He disappears all the time and never plays the game

Also he literally quit headmin at one point because he was sick of SoS being in charge about some stuff during the An0n3 dark times.

I'm not even mad I just wonder why in a community that focuses entirely on everyone's negative traits hg somehow escapes it effortlessly and everyone forgets this shit.
Pretty much.

Whereas other headmins gave up the post when they realised they no longer had time to concentrate on it, HG just remained in an inactive seat.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #160446

When I called him out on never playing the game he said he "Always used random names so you'd never know it was him"

Yeah that's helpful
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #160450

ShadowDimentio wrote:When I called him out on never playing the game he said he "Always used random names so you'd never know it was him"

Yeah that's helpful
He's had a minimum of five connections per day every day, missing three days in february and one in january.
Meanwhile you have had a minimum of one connection per day, missing five in march, nine in february, and eight in january.

Happy now?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #160451

BTFO
T
F
O
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #160462

I don't get where the inactivity for HG pull is coming from aside from maybe last year. Ever since he took over for Ausops I've nearly always seen him on the adminwho list.

I honestly think some people just need to sit down with gran gran and have a calm discussion instead of throwing shit around.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #160469

DrPillzRedux wrote:I don't get where the inactivity for HG pull is coming from aside from maybe last year. Ever since he took over for Ausops I've nearly always seen him on the adminwho list.

I honestly think some people just need to sit down with gran gran and have a calm discussion instead of throwing shit around.
But is he actually there?

I remember Erro actually implemented the "kick people that are still in the lobby at round end" thing largely because HG was afking on the server for eight hours a day and it was screwing up the admin-help redirect to IRC bot.
There was significant backlash from several admins who didn't like it and so wanted an exception made for admins - I can't remember if Erro changed that or not.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #160471

No the kick if still in lobby thing is still a thing, and it happens to admins.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #160490

Adminning =/ playing. I don't think I've ever seen HG play personally.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #160498

How many of those connections is he even active on IRC for I mean I am almost certain he set up some something to log himself in when he came up with his "rarely plays" idea.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #160500

Incomptinence wrote:How many of those connections is he even active on IRC for I mean I am almost certain he set up some something to log himself in when he came up with his "rarely plays" idea.
All of them i'd assume? I never leave the IRC even when i'm not adminning, a large number of us just plain never disconnect. IRC isn't a hard concept. Its been around for decades and isn't exactly difficult.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #160502

Super Aggro Crag wrote:do you guys remember when hornygranny rallied his coderfriends to demand that we oust Errorage from the community...
I actually don't remember HG being involved in that.... not that I would know, of course.
bandit wrote:secretly permaban 6 people
As good a story as that may be, it's still false, just like the slander in your signature. There are grievences to air, but please air grievences that are actually true.
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #160528

While HG is competent at most of what he does, I just don't like how he wields his power like he's playing dictator of everything /tg/. Rubbing his absolute power it in everyone's face with cheeky shit like the picture below. Or when he started the 'Never plays' meme to people he didn't like on the forums. And lately since last year he's been constantly Rule 0ing people he didn't like; I'm surprised that isn't an issue to talk about and get modified. Along with other petty little stuff like against Luke Cox recently.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #160529

Please name one person that was rule 0'd by hg that didn't deserve it
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #160532

Me
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #160535

NikNakFlak wrote:Please name one person that was rule 0'd by hg that didn't deserve it
Here it goes: When I answer with X, it's going to come around and get a 'But they deserved it!' guilty because he's guilty, circular reasoning or whatever logical fallacy. But I'll bite your bait. One was Dante Smith (dunno BYOND account), for using waygate wizard powers to make a surgical borg to remove an implant to get onto the station? Banworthy? Yeah, probably, even if that was one of the most absurdly creative things a person could do with [technically allowable] game mechanics anyone's ever seen. Rule 0? Not really justified other than (IMO) as a way to get rid of a powerplayer.

And as a side note I consider the little cheeky incidents like the forum stuff as someone being 'Rule 0'd', since they're basically applied the same. (Admin's at-will 'discretion' rather than based on rules violated).
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #160555

But they deserved it!
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #160559

I've tried to let these threads be more or less unmoderated since they're complaining about too much moderation, but if you guys turn this thread into a shitflinging contest like the other one I'll just nuke it as well.

Try and stay vaguely civil when discussing fake internet governments surrounding a decade old atmos simulator.

EDIT: There is really no point to having this thread continue to be open though, there is no such thing as a recall vote, and that vote would fail anyway.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #160561

You can't stop us now, HG is finished
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #160567

Saegrimr wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:When I called him out on never playing the game he said he "Always used random names so you'd never know it was him"

Yeah that's helpful
He's had a minimum of five connections per day every day, missing three days in february and one in january.
Meanwhile you have had a minimum of one connection per day, missing five in march, nine in february, and eight in january.

Happy now?
Difference being: I'm a player. I play the game, not admin it.

My point wasn't "he never logs on" my point was "he never plays the game".
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #160568

He does play the game though, near constantly. He was a mime a while ago and got lynched.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160582

Whether he plays the game or not is a non-issue. He virtually never communicates with the playerbase, knowingly implements wildly unpopular changes, and abuses his power.