Post by XSI » #160191

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why not a good ork brawl

Everyone likes orks
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Tabletop General

Post by Wyzack » #160192

We fought orks last time, and fighting orks can get boring fast. You can't really have a proper modern military style gunfight when the enemy is more interested in running right up to you and cutting you in the face with an axe
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #160199

Just like, fight chaos cultists maaaaan. Or some flavor of eldar, heck you could probably fight eldar in a jungle and make it feel like 'nam or something.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #160201

the problem with playing IG is that most of the classic 40k enemies just slap your shit, and that is only fun with incredibly massochistic players (like myself). Most of my group is not like that
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #160214

Wyzack wrote:the problem with playing IG is that most of the classic 40k enemies just slap your shit, and that is only fun with incredibly massochistic players (like myself). Most of my group is not like that

Should probably switch to Deathwatch or Black Crusade if they can't handle the IG life. Or maybe genestealer cults? Not quite tyranid but not quite human either, hey maybe even some mutants too if you like. I ran a Dark Heresy game once were there were mutants in an undercity plotting to destabilize a government using an old train filled with high explosives that happened to run near the government buildings.

Speaking of IG getting their shit slapped, I once had a daemon prince die in the first turn of a 40k game to a bunch of IG troopers. That was a soul crushing moment for me fo' sho'.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #160276

The only time you can stand on equivalency with MEQ's as an IG is when you've committed no small amount of Tech Heresy.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #161673

>Playing a DnD game with a GM that loves timed events in the world
>Preparing to take on the second dungeon which is a big step up from the first
>Leave the starting village area to go shopping
>Come back and an orc army rolled through and burned the place to the ground
>All the survivors are hanging out in our clubhouse, the dungeon we cleared
>We literally timed it perfectly to totally miss the event

Tfw things happen out of your control
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #162157

OH MY GOD HOW HAVE I NOT TOLD THIS STORY TO YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS YET

Okay, so a few weeks ago I joined a DnD game with a new GM. Sorta West Marches based, but apparently with a DM who is out to kill you in the most unfun ways possible, and he streamed it. Seriously he was so bad that the guy he sent me to direct questions to (you heard that right, jackass delegated answering questions about the game to one of the players) warned me he was a gigantic prick and I was going to have a bad time. I said I'd see for myself. Big mistake.

Long story short we slogged through the single worst session I've ever had the misfortune of going through. Six encounters and we came close to a TPK in four of them. Highlights included the GM taking my joking heckling seriously and trying to kill me the whole ride through, the entire party getting to death save after encounter two which was literally impossible to win, the GM leaving my character behind after I had internet trouble for ten minutes and disconnected, a kobold that was healed by damage and damaged by healing in a party with one level one cleric, some friends of mine from another game finding the stream and agreeing that the GM is an imbecile, and me surviving despite all his tryharding and not even fucking hitting level two from all my efforts.

I'd post the videos if he weren't a lazy fuck and had uploaded them
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #162160

Well that sucks

As for WH40k IG games
You can always fight traitor guards. Maybe have some small time chaos beasty in there at the end of it as the reason for their treason
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #162161

Sick rhyme famicom
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #162164

I have decided they will be facing the Severan Dominate as thier first deployment. Gonna be real gritty, i am going to punish them hard for not playing tactically, cause some damage and maybe kill a few players. We have been playing together for years and we have never really had a nice attrition game other than that one time we played aDnD 2nd ed. Going for the war is hell vibe
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #162193

I am just fascinated with terrible table top stories, even though I don't do it myself.

Can I hear more tales of woe?
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #162218

Goddammit I gotta stop having inspiration for games that I will never have the time/skill/motivation to make. So far I've got:

Illegal Aliens (actually in development): A card game about getting space aliens not-quite-legal jobs on Earth.
Freakshow Rodeo: Probably dice-centric. Build bizarre critters for opponents to try to ride!
Two as of yet unnamed games: One about running a wizard's library, the other a deck-building game themed around creating the most popular EDM song
And, as of fuckin' yesterday, "YES, QUITE": A vaguely Victorian game of competitive poshness. Be the most ostentatiously fancy noble at a party and rub your rivals' noses in it!
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #162274

I don't really have very many terrible tabletop stories, but i have an absolute shitload of non awful ones. I have been playing RPGs with my group of friends for years, and we have played a list of games too long for me to really bring up in a single forumpost. We have a terrible habit of playing a game for a few sessions and then getting excited about a whole new game and dropping what we were doing previously, ad infinitum. We have actually been on a couple months hiatus until i got this Only War Campaign in gear
Last edited by Wyzack on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #162445

I wish I was more of a nerd so I could play World of Darkness games. I want to be a transhumanist Tzimisce chick or a Void Engineer pooping into Void.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #162595

My DM pointed out my 78-year-old sorcerer takes his pants off to scare an enemy at least once a session
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #162668

Currently gearing up for a Dresden Files RPG campaign featuring conflict between the White Council of Wizards and President Donald Trump.

Party roster:
Well-intentioned necromancer (me)
Harry potter fangirl turned actual (murderous) wizard
Former Denarian-American attorney (Not even reformed- his coin just got taken!)
Monoc Securities troubleshooter hired by the above as a bodyguard.

...When the necromancer has the strongest moral compass, something is either going very wrong, or very, very right.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #162673

Have you ever played before? The magic system in that game is complex and very poorly explained, my group was doing it wrong for probably two months. Actually I think our dresden files rpg was one of our longest running games
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #162679

Wyzack wrote:IWe have a terrible habit of playing a game for a few sessions and then getting excited about a whole new game and dropping what we were doing previously, ad infinitum.
Sounds a lot like my group, I don't think we'll ever get past level 3 or even finish a campaign with the way we keep switching games.

I don't have many stories to tell myself, although I guess I can talk about a player that we call D² and the insanity surrounding him.

It all started some years ago when one of my friends, Johnny, wanted to DM a game of Pathfinder and he invited me and anyone I wanted to bring since he wasn't sure how many people were coming. So of course I invite my one friend, since he wanted to get into the whole tabletop scene. We show up to the guys house and knock on the door, 5 minutes later the DM opens up in nothing but a towel. Guy just got out of the shower, whatever ok fine it's all good.

So it's 4 players and the DM all in this cramped room and we're going around the table introducing our characters. We finally get to my friends character and he tells us his backstory as "Well my mom was a goddess and my dad was a dragon and he raped my mom and that's how I was born so now I'm trying to avenge my mom by finding this dragon and killing him." So one of the players asks something like "How do you know all this stuff happened before you were born." D²'s response is that is mother wouldn't stop talking about it. The rest of the group now proceeded to make jokes about how any large phallic shaped object would remind his character's mom of a dragon dick. "Oh son! Do you see that mighty redwood? It's almost as big as ya dad's dick!"

And forever onward my friend would be known as Dragon Dick, D². And now that I think about it there's a few stories I can tell about his roleplaying mis-adventures.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #162700

Speaking of Dresden Files does anyone know when book 16 is coming out? It's been like 3 years since Skin Game and I've kinda forgotten what happened.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #162734

Wyzack wrote:Have you ever played before? The magic system in that game is complex and very poorly explained, my group was doing it wrong for probably two months. Actually I think our dresden files rpg was one of our longest running games
Haven't played it before. The Paranet Papers clarify the magic system a lot, though. (And, most importantly for me, add solid rules for necromancing.)
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #162831

Oh yeah, i forgot about the Paranet Papers. Dresden is such a fun system. We played a much more straight laced serious game, and it led to some of the best character development for player characters out of any game i think we ever played.

I have a proposition. I am getting this Only War campaign together with the friends, but it is coming together very slowly and it is not scratching the GMing itch i have right now. Would people be interested in yet another doomed-to-fail forum game? So far i think the most successful one has been the play-by-post DnD5e one we had, because it requires very little time investment or commitment on the part of the players. Essentially you play as grunts in the Imperial Guard, the hammer of the emperor, random normal human dudes and gals given a shitty lasgun and flak vest and told to fight orks and demons and necrons and all other horrible shit. I feel like it would be a fun forum game just because of the sheer amount of attrition generally involved. I wanna run something brutal and unforgiving and it would give me a chance to test things before i use them with my real life group. This would also give us a chance to homebrew our own tg imperial guard regiment which would also be fun. Any interest?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #162840

Just run a game on Roll20 you nerd, it's what all the other cool cats do.

But if you don't want to do that for some unknowable reason then sure I'd sign up for the suicide squad.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #162841

Roll20 requires commitment and gathering everyone together for a certain time frame. It is harder
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #162868

I'm down for the attempt friendo. Played Only War once and that was some WWII thing where I made the GM mad by getting on top of a tank and setting enemy tanks ablaze with a flamethrower in a suicidal charge.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #162884

I would not get mad about something like that, just don't expect to survive exposing yourself on top of a tank like that. Cover is your friend
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #162968

Eh, if we don't get more interest by the end if the weekend I think there is probably no point
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #162977

Its been like a year or two since this game but I was in a rogue trader game with cdb a long time ago. I was the navigator and he cosntantly wanted to fire me or kill me because i gameshat and derailed the session nonstop but he couldn't bring himself to since our characters wre in love IC (my headcanon). He tried to hire more naivgators to replace me so I could become disposable again and I killed so many of our own ships NPC navigators that the GM wouldnt let us hire any more because all the fucking noble navigagtor houses hated us

Well thats my story time hope u enjoyed
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #163150

>u were in love to cdb

are u sure there wasnt some projecting there budddyy old pal ;) ;) ;) ;)
crack is whack but smacks got your back
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #163183

I want to marry him both in the game And in real life
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #163372

captain sawrge wrote:I want to marry him both in the game And in real life
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163445

the fuck is wrong with that guy's lips
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Maccus

Post by Maccus » #163515

england
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164256

Fucking WHY

Munchkin has truly become the Minions of the board game world.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #164257

Taking the great weapon fighting feat on my 5e paladin was the best thing i ever did. I killed 4 guys in two rounds of combat, and they were not super weak minion types either. Our bard also used shatter to collapse a bridge containing about 8 enemies and the leader of a fire cult and drop the lot of them to their death in boiling magma, which was hardcore as fuck. Been purging heretics erryday, it is a good feeling
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164318

I've been running the Pathfinder campaign "Iron Gods" since shortly after I moved here, and we're probably less than a month away from the end. It's been fun, but I'm ready to take a break and be a player again.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164322

Wyzack wrote:Taking the great weapon fighting feat on my 5e paladin was the best thing i ever did. I killed 4 guys in two rounds of combat, and they were not super weak minion types either. Our bard also used shatter to collapse a bridge containing about 8 enemies and the leader of a fire cult and drop the lot of them to their death in boiling magma, which was hardcore as fuck. Been purging heretics erryday, it is a good feeling
Great weapon master is basically a must have for anyone swinging a big weapon
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #164416

EndgamerAzari wrote:I've been running the Pathfinder campaign "Iron Gods" since shortly after I moved here, and we're probably less than a month away from the end. It's been fun, but I'm ready to take a break and be a player again.
teach me how to play pathfinder
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164437

The basis of Pathfinder and other d20 systems is a target number, whether it be a difficulty class (DC) or an armor class (AC). The very basic premise is, to perform an action, you roll a twenty-sided die (D20) and add or subtract modifiers based on the situation and your character's abilities and equipment. If you meet or exceed the target, you succeed; if you get lower, you fail. Depending on the situation, the amount by which you succeed or fail may matter. What happens next, of course, depends on what you were trying to do.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #164439

Play DnD 5th edition, it is gud
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164446

5e > Pathfinder
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164448

He asked a question about the system so I answered.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #164456

Pathfinder tried to fix some of the glaring issues with 3e, and while it succeeded it also cause some new ones. Still a good system though, and far ahead of the abortion that was 4th edition. I played a few really fun 4th edition campaigns, but it always felt like they were fun in spite of the system, rather than fun because of the system.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164477

I generally try not to think in terms of the system and more in terms of the game, though I will admit certain systems are better for certain things than others. Pathfinder is kinda my bread and butter because I've been with 3.5 so long, but I enjoyed 4e, what I played of it, and I'm looking forward to the 5e game that I'll be in coming up after I finish running Iron Gods.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #164484

EndgamerAzari wrote:The basis of Pathfinder and other d20 systems is a target number, whether it be a difficulty class (DC) or an armor class (AC). The very basic premise is, to perform an action, you roll a twenty-sided die (D20) and add or subtract modifiers based on the situation and your character's abilities and equipment. If you meet or exceed the target, you succeed; if you get lower, you fail. Depending on the situation, the amount by which you succeed or fail may matter. What happens next, of course, depends on what you were trying to do.
i wanna kill the goblins
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #164485

That is the thing about RPGs, and even games in general. As long as you are playing them with cool fun people a literal pile of dog shit can be a fun game
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #164502

i don't have any cool fun people to play with
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #164507

I have played... Wow, a LOT of different RPG's.

-Shadowrun 3rd, 4th and 5th
-FATE
-Dreden Files RPG (FATE-based)
-D&D 3.5/PF
-D&D 4e
-D&D 5e
-RIFTS/Palladium Megaverse
-CthuluTech
-Call of Cthulu
-Burning Wheel
-GURPS
-Unknown Armies
-Paranoia
-7th Sea
-Star wars d20
-Star wars Edge of the Empire
-Dark Heresy 1e/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch
-Eclipse Phase
-Probably some other bullshit I don't remember right now.

It's been quite the trip.
Last edited by Drynwyn on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164524

I've got a few Savage Worlds settings (Deadlands Reloaded, Savage Skies, Low Life, some permanently-frozen one I can't remember off the top of my head) that'd I'd like to play in, I used to have a lot of Shadowrun 4e stuff that I traded in when 5e came out (got the core and Run & Gun; gonna run a game eventually despite having never played it), I've got Eclipse Phase and the Transhuman book (played, is fun), some of the Star Wars d20 books, a couple nWoD books, some indie RPGs (DRYH, Apocalypse Prevention Inc.), almost every Mutants and Masterminds 3e book, most of the core PF books, classic (OLD) versions of Deadlands and Gamma World, the Iron Kingdoms core book, Traveller 4th core, and the core books of almost every 40K RPG.

I collect things.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #164569

I'd literally run through Antarctica butt-naked to play in any sort of supes game. Why does nobody ever run them? In Wild Talents there's rules for turning off the sun in the core rulebook as a power you can create yourself.

Do you think I'm joking?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #164573

It's hard as balls to run a game in which your players are literally super powerful

It means they can likely solve most things you throw at them within a few seconds of trying. Which then leads to either a half-assed plot or a frustrated GM, and players who end up either bored or having to put in way more agency than a normal tabletop. It's not a mindset most players are ready for, and most GMs aren't either