Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by Remie Richards » #149692

Bottom post of the previous page:

"all customers are requested to make their way to the disembarkation lounge" - ambigen14

Also my favourite ambience track is ambimalf, played in the AI chamber, since it's quite literally got Space Jam in it.
私は完璧
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #149697

Everybody get up, it's time to s&#&#^#^@$$ zzzzttttt
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #149726

Doesn't Mining have Dwarf Fortress, or am I thinking of Bay again?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #149741

Bay, although we used to have it in ye olde versions back when we had a coder called Urist.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #149864

Yeah, well, we need that back.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #150376

Explosive/micro/macrobomb implants should only activate when you manually trigger them (so not by succumbing or just outright dying), but you should be able to trigger them when in critical condition. Now the Operative defib can actually get some use.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #150382

Or just remove the defib because they were added during the retarded period in time that explosive implants were removed and hardsuits were glued on because some how murdering someone has more RP then critting them, stripping them then murdering them.

Or just leave it and zap people with the defibs because they're robust as fuck.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #150388

EMP'd/combat defibs are straight up broken and nobody ever uses them.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #150536

I think traitor explosive implants should require activating up to and including crit, theyre a bit too easy mode with automatic on death activation.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #150579

Malkevin wrote:I think traitor explosive implants should require activating up to and including crit, theyre a bit too easy mode with automatic on death activation.
Malk, with all due respect, you would call it "easy mode" if traitors had to do anything short of jam a twig up their urethra to activate their uplinks.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #150583

You ever caught a traitor raiding the armory who you laser to death and their explosive implant takes out most of the contents of the armory?

Yeah, implants exploding on death suck.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151124

Am I the only one nostalgic for the PA sprite before the old one?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #151127

DemonFiren wrote:Am I the only one nostalgic for the PA sprite before the old one?
No, I find the style of the new one mismatches with the rest of the game.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151128

Well, not the one we have right now, and not even the one we had before this one, but the one before that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #152078

Don't know where else to post this, but I have this weird that is really annoying.

Any ideas how I can fix this?
neersighted
Byond Username: Neersighted
Github Username: neersighted

Post by neersighted » #152084

Looks like some sort of issue with minimap generation or with your connection. Open an issue on GitHub please.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #153175

You oughtta be able to preview chaplain weapons, or at least have a way to inform yourself ingame of what each does before picking it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vakulum
Byond Username: Vakulum

Post by Vakulum » #154782

The black map is fixed now. But sadly during map rotation it shows most times the wrong map.
Thundercoot
Byond Username: Erwgd

Post by Thundercoot » #162834

The airlock closing sound should have a louder start to it.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #162842

The sleeping carp scroll should only work against electrodes and disablers. It'd still be tremendously overpowered, but someone who uses it can still get shot full of lasers.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #162929

TheNightingale wrote:The sleeping carp scroll should only work against electrodes and disablers. It'd still be tremendously overpowered, but someone who uses it can still get shot full of lasers.
It's 17 fucking tcs just harden up and stunbaton the fucker.

Or flashbang or pepper spray or teargas jesus fuck.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #162932

Bear in mind that it also grants unarmed melee attacks that stun a disproportionately large amount of the time. There's no counterplay to someone with a sleeping carp scroll and a stunbaton (since using pepperspray or teargas in a real fight gets you killed, and flashbangs are easy to avoid), and it becomes a contest of "Can you click this person once before they click you once? Oh, but only if you have a stunbaton".
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #162937

TheNightingale wrote:flashbangs are easy to avoid
not if you use them correctly
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #162954

Grab a buddy cop, have him validate the scumbag after you kamikazi flashbang him.

Just pray he's not a queer shirt lifter that attempts to take the likely-has-adrenals-or-freedom-implant traitor alive.
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #162970

Make the revenant not be able to kill borgs with no possible way for the borg to stop it, flee, or do pretty much anything except sit there and die as their emp cooldown coincidences with any movement a borg can make.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #163053

TheNightingale wrote:Bear in mind that it also grants unarmed melee attacks that stun a disproportionately large amount of the time. There's no counterplay to someone with a sleeping carp scroll and a stunbaton (since using pepperspray or teargas in a real fight gets you killed, and flashbangs are easy to avoid), and it becomes a contest of "Can you click this person once before they click you once? Oh, but only if you have a stunbaton".
Bear in mind that if they DON'T have the baton, chairs give you resistance, if they do have it, I think throwables work. Plus, I think sleeping carp means the deflection only works if they have both hands empty, not sure though. When the only other buff that traitor can get is maybe a soap and some emps for borgs (which also can counter a sleeping carp kind of not really because no more secborgs) and mechs, sleeping carp is really good at killing the unprepared, but if they even have a 10 second warning they can grab two chairs and kick some ass, with ied spears being a really good counter. Plus I remember they might be getting nerfed with explosive shotgun shells working on them (that is implying that those ever get made)
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #166614

Something I have always thought makes no sense:

Why does the e-sword deal brute damage? Isn't it supposed to be a lightsaber thingy that burns through everything it touches?

SO WHY DOESN'T IT DO BURN DAMAGE.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #166618

Because burn damage doesn't do knock downs/kos
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #166628

Malkevin wrote:Because burn damage doesn't do knock downs/kos
How the fuck would you get knocked down from having a stream of superheated plasma stuff passing through you?

Getting knocked out doesn't sense in this context.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #166648

So you can murder more effectively.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #166729

We should readd gun safeties from April Fools. Alt-click a gun to toggle the safety, and it can't be fired whilst the safety is active.

Traitor: "D-don't move or I'll shoot! I'll blow your head clean off!"
Officer: "... you sure?"
Traitor: "I'll do it!"
Officer: "Not with the safety on, you won't." -zap!-

Certain guns, like revolvers (revolvers don't work like that) or pulse destroyers (you're supposed to shoot things with these!), don't have safeties at all.

Also, gems like this:
New Officer: ":s MY TASER'S BROKEN IT'S NOT FIRING"
HoS: ":s Have you tried turning the safety off?"
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #166736

No
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #166800

Zil's right for once, safeties were one of the more autistic things on Bay.
Besides, everyone's just gonna keep them off all the time.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #167260

For maximum immersion, astral carpet should show up as "space" instead of "floor".
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #167466

TheNightingale wrote:For maximum immersion, astral carpet should show up as "space" instead of "floor".
Only if it gets a real description though.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #168065

turrets need to have xray vision, it's fucking stupid that you can cheese them with just a smoke bomb. It's hard enough to defend an AI core with the 20 other ways that turrets can be cheesed, but come on, smoke bombs?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #168124

That would be annoying as fuck though, they would spam out trying to constantly shoot people through the walls. Also smokebombs to avoid turrets is thematically pretty bad ass
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #168147

Turrets ought to target unsynchronised cyborgs. AIs currently have little to no way to defend against these once they're created (even the flash in the core can't be chainstunned with). By the time a malfunctioning AI has the points to destroy RnD's infrastructure, robotics has almost always made a cyborg body, and they also have the bodies of all other cyborgs loyal to you, assuming they can kill at least one (or lock it down instead of blowing it up, via a console without your oversight).

For such a simple process it is annoyingly impossible to counter.
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #168590

Cheimon wrote:Turrets ought to target unsynchronised cyborgs. AIs currently have little to no way to defend against these once they're created (even the flash in the core can't be chainstunned with). By the time a malfunctioning AI has the points to destroy RnD's infrastructure, robotics has almost always made a cyborg body, and they also have the bodies of all other cyborgs loyal to you, assuming they can kill at least one (or lock it down instead of blowing it up, via a console without your oversight).

Just use the console? Or did you blow that up to defend your rogue borgs?

If you did, that's your own damn fault. To bad you got robusted by a single borg because all the humans died in a plasma fire(or in the case of CE and atmos techs, they were beaten to death).
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #168601

AIs can't use the console against unsynced cyborgs; they can only access ones that are linked to them.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #168613

kazeespada wrote:
Cheimon wrote:Turrets ought to target unsynchronised cyborgs. AIs currently have little to no way to defend against these once they're created (even the flash in the core can't be chainstunned with). By the time a malfunctioning AI has the points to destroy RnD's infrastructure, robotics has almost always made a cyborg body, and they also have the bodies of all other cyborgs loyal to you, assuming they can kill at least one (or lock it down instead of blowing it up, via a console without your oversight).

Just use the console? Or did you blow that up to defend your rogue borgs?

If you did, that's your own damn fault. To bad you got robusted by a single borg because all the humans died in a plasma fire(or in the case of CE and atmos techs, they were beaten to death).
The AI cannot see any cyborgs on the console that aren't synchronised to it.

If a cyborg isn't synchronised to the AI, humans can't be relied upon to blow it up (because it clearly shows as unsynced). In fact, it's normally the RD and roboticists who make an unsynced cyborg to kill the AI.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #168702

Just bolt and depower your damn doors, nobody will give a single shit if you do that.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #168720

I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #168723

Zilenan91 wrote:Just bolt and depower your damn doors, nobody will give a single shit if you do that.
Engiborg says hi.
kazeespada wrote:I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
You know you can disconnect plasma if you have a good reason, right? "The AI's acting really weird" is a pretty good reason; "I'm going to use the turbine" is another.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #168778

kazeespada wrote:I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
It's for the benefit of ALL traitors, the AI gets hit hardest due to not having a physical presence and cannot alter the pipes themselves.

Plus the pumps are ID-locked so there's not really any need to alter the pipe config unless you're specifically metaing the possibility of the AI being rogue.
(Like sec strip-searching someone without probable cause)
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168781

hey mmm pal you should relax a bit
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #168813

Wyzack wrote:That would be annoying as fuck though, they would spam out trying to constantly shoot people through the walls. Also smokebombs to avoid turrets is thematically pretty bad ass
Then have them all activate if they enter the room in addition to LOS. Just having line of sight to activate is too easy to cheese and AI defenses are too shoddy overall. 95% of people know easy ways to cheese AI turrets and there might as well be no core defense at this rate.
I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
Maybe you should stay in atmos then so it can't do that without being caught? I dunno what the point of atmos is except to stay in atmos and do atmos things.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #168862

Zilenan91 wrote:Just bolt and depower your damn doors, nobody will give a single shit if you do that.
Engineering cyborgs (so, a good 70% of them now security borg doesn't exist) all have an RCD that can destroy airlocks in seconds. It is literally impossible to borg-proof your core.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #168931

Then tell your roboticists to have them change their model? AIs have infinite power and the capability to know literally everything yet they never think about how they could solve the problems they're faced.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #168957

I hate vault and floor safes please make them not shit thanks they make no sense
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #169043

Zilenan91 wrote:Then tell your roboticists to have them change their model? AIs have infinite power and the capability to know literally everything yet they never think about how they could solve the problems they're faced.
Yes I am sure that the robotocists that unslave them in the first place would be very cooperative :roll:

Yeah I got banned for that :roll: