ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by DemonFiren » #165061

Bottom post of the previous page:

Tail chi, a new martial art only available to lizards.

Includes a tail sweep to deal stamina and possible knockdown to everything in your immediate vicinity, any punches dealing extra damage plus bleeding due to efficient claw usage, and a bite attack inflicting extra heavy bleed, additional damage on immobile targets plus an instant kill on anything in crit.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fonedsky
Byond Username: FonedSky

Post by Fonedsky » #165102

if you're wearing jackboots, instead of it doing the normal kick thing when you harm someone on the ground, it instead says
"Hitler McShitcurity stomps Harmed Poorguy with his JUSTICE BOOTS OF THE LAW"
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #165283

Superjail style deathsquad troopers(look at s1 episode 8 or 9)
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #165508

Fonedsky wrote:if you're wearing jackboots, instead of it doing the normal kick thing when you harm someone on the ground, it instead says
"Hitler McShitcurity stomps Harmed Poorguy with his JUSTICE BOOTS OF THE LAW"
Wrong thread.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #165557

In Rev (and any other mode where evacuation is not going to happen), the emergency shuttle docks but when it comes to launch, it instead randomly crashes/lands down into Lavaland as a lesson from Centcomm to Command/Revolutionaries trying to escape on THEIR shuttle.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #165762

Remove Security Officer role.

Everyone now spawns with zipcuffs in their inventory, and have basic brig access. If someone is causing trouble they get reported over public comms and its up to the Assistants, or anyone else available, to detain and bring them to the brig.

Warden can outfit Assistants he sees fit as he/she sees fit with more powerful security gear, or ask for people to be promoted to Sec Officer, but nobody can join with the title of security.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #166075

Bee people.

Bee people can sting someone with a deadly toxin that will slowly kill them if left untreated, but the bee person dies instantly upon stinging.

Honey heals them like omnizine with no OD, and injecting royal jelly in them will make them into Queen BeePeople that can replace floors with honey floors and walls with honey walls like an Artificer. These floors/walls slow non-bee people down because it's sticky~~~.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ATDoop
Byond Username: ATDoop

Post by ATDoop » #166341

Replace the detective's scanner with a power all detective's start with, "Investigation Instinct". Activating this then clicking on something gives you the same readout as the scanner, with the option to recall that info with a verb. Replace the detective's ID with a badge. If the detective loses both their badge and gun, they immediately lose their investigation instinct and become an extreme alcoholic, slowly taking toxin damage whenever they aren't drunk.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #166342

ATDoop wrote:Replace the detective's scanner with a power all detective's start with, "Investigation Instinct". Activating this then clicking on something gives you the same readout as the scanner, with the option to recall that info with a verb. Replace the detective's ID with a badge. If the detective loses both their badge and gun, they immediately lose their investigation instinct and become an extreme alcoholic, slowly taking toxin damage whenever they aren't drunk.
Wrong thread.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #166374

we should make a gmod darkrp server
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #166417

TheNightingale wrote:
ATDoop wrote:Replace the detective's scanner with a power all detective's start with, "Investigation Instinct". Activating this then clicking on something gives you the same readout as the scanner, with the option to recall that info with a verb. Replace the detective's ID with a badge. If the detective loses both their badge and gun, they immediately lose their investigation instinct and become an extreme alcoholic, slowly taking toxin damage whenever they aren't drunk.
Wrong thread.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #166635

Replace beepsky with this:

[youtube]6Viwwetf0gU[/youtube]
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #166649

Revs ought to not be able to identify other revs except their leaders, while revheads can identify their followers and each other.
This let's unaligned crew members hide amongst revolutionaries and encourages revolutionaries to coalesce around their glorious martyrs.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #166675

Anonmare wrote:Revs ought to not be able to identify other revs except their leaders, while revheads can identify their followers and each other.
This let's unaligned crew members hide amongst revolutionaries and encourages revolutionaries to coalesce around their glorious martyrs.
Wrong thread, this is actually a pretty good idea.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #166696

TheNightingale wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Revs ought to not be able to identify other revs except their leaders, while revheads can identify their followers and each other.
Wrong thread, this is actually a pretty good idea.
joke's on you, this was the original idea for Gang
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #166704

Gangs only identifyable by clothes coming when
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #166818

Remove the armory and give sec officers only a single gun that is normally a shitty disabler but ramps up through "damaging", "hilariously lethal", and "gib body and delete brain" based on an aggregate of the alert level, the target's wanted status, and whether the emergency shuttle is en-route.

no I haven't been watching psychopass shut up
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #167098

Kung fu cops, an admin spawned security role. They can't use guns because it's dishonorable or some shit but have a few special tools in their possession to compensate. The first is a baton that deals damage specifically to limbs and has some kung fu related flavor text when used. Also knocks down perps for a decent amount of time. Has a good chance of knocking someone out too. Second weapon is kind of a combination of a taser and cuffs. It's a barbed electrified blade attached to a chain. It's got the same range as a taser but when it hits the target it not only stuns them but also deals brute damage as well. The chain acts as a leash allowing the cop to drag the perp (painfully) along. Resisting out of the chain takes less time than cable cuffs at the cost of dealing a significant amount of brute damage and bleeding (because you're pulling a fucking barb tipped blade out of yourself after all). A third party can remove the chain without causing this (though it takes longer because they have to do it carefully) and if the cop drops the chain due to slipping, disarming, etc. then the perp escapes immediately.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #167107

Jacough wrote:Kung fu cops, an admin spawned security role. They can't use guns because it's dishonorable or some shit but have a few special tools in their possession to compensate. The first is a baton that deals damage specifically to limbs and has some kung fu related flavor text when used. Also knocks down perps for a decent amount of time. Has a good chance of knocking someone out too. Second weapon is kind of a combination of a taser and cuffs. It's a barbed electrified blade attached to a chain. It's got the same range as a taser but when it hits the target it not only stuns them but also deals brute damage as well. The chain acts as a leash allowing the cop to drag the perp (painfully) along. Resisting out of the chain takes less time than cable cuffs at the cost of dealing a significant amount of brute damage and bleeding (because you're pulling a fucking barb tipped blade out of yourself after all). A third party can remove the chain without causing this (though it takes longer because they have to do it carefully) and if the cop drops the chain due to slipping, disarming, etc. then the perp escapes immediately.
i remember some dude actually got the job title "kung fu cop" once and he drank in the bar with me and I wrote him a themesong and sang it over radio while he beat the shit out of perps.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #167174

remember when goof was gonna give sec krav maga and then let his PR stale and die
that would have been so cool
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #167191

Or the Deep Fryer which was an actually great idea that got closed by a maintainer for being too silly despite everyone wanting it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167236

PKPenguin321 wrote:remember when goof was gonna give sec krav maga and then let his PR stale and die
Don't worry, he gave us a combat overhaul :^)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #167387

one of those annoying cricket devices that you can hide somewhere and it makes noises every so often like glass breaking, eswords activating, revolver fire, and so on.

Have it imitate some of the automated announcement things on the station and randomly bark out messages over the radio, such as announcing the arrival of random nonexistent crew members, destabilising supermatter, impersonating the AI and announcing the current active laws as antimov, etc.

edit: or that "HOP HAS POWER OF GOD" etc etc etc law that got uploaded once that was like some kind of forbidden planet monster from the id facerolled the law board, only instead of the id it was raw, unadulterated autism
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #168084

Make defibs shock anyone who is currently grabbing or dragging the patient if they don't have insulated gloves. Clear!
LordZalgo
Byond Username: LordZalgo

Post by LordZalgo » #168202

PKPenguin321 wrote:remember when goof was gonna give sec krav maga and then let his PR stale and die
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #168258

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #168748

Allow the chef to make holocarp fish sticks from mega Carp meat
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #169003

add space glue that can be splashed onto tiles that forces anyone crossing it to move at walk speed

anyone running when they enter a patch of it has a 50% chance to trip onto the next tile and leave their shoes behind, and if the tile they fall onto is also glued then they take a full 30 seconds to stand up

picking up an item from a glued tile takes 5 seconds
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #169069

Screemonster wrote:add space glue that can be splashed onto tiles that forces anyone crossing it to move at walk speed

anyone running when they enter a patch of it has a 50% chance to trip onto the next tile and leave their shoes behind, and if the tile they fall onto is also glued then they take a full 30 seconds to stand up

picking up an item from a glued tile takes 5 seconds
so water?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #169072

Lizard meat should contain more salt reagents

this can be interpreted many ways
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #169075

Non-humans can eat humans to be healed as though eating 5u of Tricord per human meat slab. A syndicate injection will double this healing to baychem Doctor's Delight for non-humans, or grant humans the ability to eat human meat for the tricord heal.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #169094

Every department gets a unique sword that is expressly for the purpose of decoration.

However, they can still cut someone wide open, unless they're wearing an eyepatch.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #169124

Mineral tiles for every head office! Captain: Diamond, HoS: Gold, HoP: Silver, CE: Uranium (honk), RD: Plasma (HONK HONK), CMO: Bananium (HOOOOOOOOOOOOONK)
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #169131

We should port the Clown Office from Hippie

It gives the Clown an office he doesn't have access to and can't enter unless someone lets him in, and if he gets trapped he has to ask to be let out again, honking all the while being a disturbance.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #169681

Add a spell/ability/whatever to summon the ginosaji, a nigh-invincible player-controlled mob with the objective to kill whoever the ability targets

but it only does 1 damage and has a 2 second click delay
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #169702

Screemonster wrote:Add a spell/ability/whatever to summon the ginosaji, a nigh-invincible player-controlled mob with the objective to kill whoever the ability targets

but it only does 1 damage and has a 2 second click delay
once I was an invincible wags-his-tail lizard who tried to kill the racist captain (it worked)
but jesus bruh 1 damage is overpowered make it 0.1 that way it is more immershun
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #169828

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!

[youtube]jJOwdrTA8Gw[/youtube]

As a random Event, a player spawns as Carl. He can travel about shooting eye beams, summon harpoons (spears) to throw at people, and can turn corpses into meat creatures to attack the crew. After killing 25 people Carl can create a blood vortex that kills non-carls close to it, bounces about like the singularity and prevents new arrivals from spawning in. Carl wins the game if he kills the entire crew. Optional Paul mask to aid Carl in his quest.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #169830

re-add ban requests
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #170075

re-add salts-the-wound
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #170673

kill lag
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #170707

Bolts of life should insta-kill a Lich.
Conversely, a bolt of death should be treated as a bolt of life by liches as well.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #170716

Make lizards be able to be heads.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #170726

Finally, a good idea from you.

Restrict humans to cargo and janitor, too, and let catpeople fill the rest.
Plasmemes are security only.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #170751

Anonmare wrote:Bolts of life should insta-kill a Lich.
Conversely, a bolt of death should be treated as a bolt of life by liches as well.
i actually like this idea and it probably wouldnt be so hard to implement code-wise if we used a race check
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #170764

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Bolts of life should insta-kill a Lich.
i actually like this idea and it probably wouldnt be so hard to implement code-wise if we used a race check
classic "revive kills zombie" RPG mechanics suit a wizard perfectly tbh
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #170909

Dick punts. Attacking someone in the groin would stun them for 5 seconds, but this stun can only be inflicted once a minute. Escape a would be killer by kicking them in the balls and run away.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #170911

Friendly reminder that getting kneeled in the groin hurts women just as much as men.

Lizards, obviously, should be immune, what with their protective scales and all.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #171062

Add holoparasite with hands
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #171080

Remove the SABR from Research and don't give players any other way to obtain it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171149

That already happened
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #171154

Zilenan91 wrote:That already happened

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: