Post by Super Aggro Crag » #167848

please, explain
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: VincVsVincent

Re: Bring back Ban Request

Post by VincVsVincent » #167849

Super Aggro Crag wrote:please, explain
I want to bring the Ban Request section back, what more is there to explain?
I'm alive
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #167861

Please for the love of god, yes.

There was some serious shit going on, on basil today with some shit curity, and with admins being AFK when MSO (Thank god) logged in began investigating, I also forgot to mention loller had to come on and help with the first situation too.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #167864

sirnat it wasn't shitcurity and the fact that you suicided, posibrained, and immediately tried to rescue the person who attacked security when they arrested you and attacked sec when you failed to is incredibly fucking shitty and meta m'dude, take a chill pill.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #167866

The admins arguments against it didn't make much sense to me

"They're always full of bad ban requests with lots of comments"

Just be more close happy and that problem should fix itself.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #167869

give me the funny space man drama
judge judy in space 2016
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #167871

Super Aggro Crag wrote:sirnat it wasn't shitcurity and the fact that you suicided, posibrained, and immediately tried to rescue the person who attacked security when they arrested you and attacked sec when you failed to is incredibly fucking shitty and meta m'dude, take a chill pill.
Actually I didn't try to rescue anyone, I heard someone got sent to the gulag (Guess what its borked) I checked around the gulag only to find a goliath, maybe get yer facts straight m'boy
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #167880

It does bother me that we have no means of recourse if an admin lets something slide and we want to dispute that
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #167885

Well I guess technically you could make a admin complaint for that specific thing.

As it is all this has done is moved the ban requests into all the other forums.
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #167889

Having a centralized place for this sort of complain/posts seems like a good idea though, especially since some admins are not very fond of the idea of transparency and you have no idea if they actually enforced the rules and in what way or if they high-fived the offending player behind your back. If there was more transparency and more importantly communication between players and admins when it comes to adminhelp then we may not need a section for this. But from my experience you usually have to adminhelp twice to even get an aknowledgement and often the conversation just stops at some point without giving any resolution and if you ask what happened you may or may not get an answer, depending on the admin.

Plus, despite there being many more admins (at least it feels like this to me with many names I don't recognize) there surely are still times without admins available, without a place to report bad behavior it would be difficult to punish players who break the rules while no one is looking.

Or we start having player feedback threads... (that's a joke, just imagine the drama)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #167921

sirnat wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:sirnat it wasn't shitcurity and the fact that you suicided, posibrained, and immediately tried to rescue the person who attacked security when they arrested you and attacked sec when you failed to is incredibly fucking shitty and meta m'dude, take a chill pill.
Actually I didn't try to rescue anyone, I heard someone got sent to the gulag (Guess what its borked) I checked around the gulag only to find a goliath, maybe get yer facts straight m'boy
gulags been functional for a week, don't pretend your asimov laws behoove you to immediately jog your ass to the gulag to "check it out".
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #167988

Have logs of an adamantine golem announcing "I AM DEATH" and attacking me as soon as I create it, have nowhere to put them and have someone banned for clear and obvious rule-breaking because no admins were online and no-one answered my ahelp when the event occured. Yes please.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168284

Maybe we should just let go
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #168295

I think this is the new system

VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by VincVsVincent » #168306

Tbh they should just add it back for real, I don't think people are ready to write a whole essay in adminhelp about what a person did and it's just really annoying together to do it in such a small chatbox, plus if you adminhelp about and and you want the other side of the story you have to either wait for that person to come online or just ban them straight on without even hearing what they have to say and that is why the "Ban Request" is so usefull, you can write every exact detail about it, others can either confirm that he is wrong or right and all that. bring back ban request 2k16
I'm alive
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #168560

Bring back Ban Requests so I can have some entertaining TEEGEE DRAMA
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #168562

kevinz000 wrote:Bring back Ban Requests so I can have some entertaining TEEGEE DRAMA
Yes.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #168752

op i s a fag and so is sirnat
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #168820

Who is even voting no? How many admins do we have?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #168822

I still don't get what was so hard about actually handling the MAX 1 or 2 ban requests that were made in a week.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #168839

The idea was to have more shit sorted out IC, because the biggest transgressions are usually handled on the spot through ahelp anyway.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #168844

[youtube]vKWUQoqxUjk[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #168848

>before it was closed
>hey there's a frankly petty grievance here from days, weeks, or even months ago
>let's look through logs of it from days, weeks, or even months ago
>let's try to chase up witnesses from days, weeks, or even months ago and get them to post here or register to post here so they can post here
>let's try to piece something together that happened days, weeks, or even months ago
>let's willingly involve ourselves with salt and drama that should have been forgotten days, weeks, or even months ago but wasn't

do you feel entitled to an online stranger doing all of the above for you, not even ingame

maybe that feeling of entitlement and inability to let salt go is why ban requests is gone

maybe that salty entitlement was why admins refused to touch ban requests since the dawn of time
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #168850

Are you saying you need a better way to look up logs?
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #168856

I'm telling it like it is, not asking for things, questions, rebuttals or more salt.

Now if you invented some sort of remote online method to doze a person with drugs to turn them into an emotionless husk of a person unable to be salty, yes I'd ask for that. Until then.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #168869

imblyings wrote:>before it was closed
>hey there's a frankly petty grievance here from days, weeks, or even months ago
>let's try to chase up witnesses from days, weeks, or even months ago and get them to post here or register to post here so they can post here
>let's try to piece something together that happened days, weeks, or even months ago
>let's willingly involve ourselves with salt and drama that should have been forgotten days, weeks, or even months ago but wasn't

do you feel entitled to an online stranger doing all of the above for you, not even ingame

maybe that feeling of entitlement and inability to let salt go is why ban requests is gone

maybe that salty entitlement was why admins refused to touch ban requests since the dawn of time
"do you feel that the people who signed up to do a hard job should do that job"

why yes i do think so too.

doing it for free is not an excuse buddy.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #168870

imblyings wrote:>before it was closed

hey lets not let that shit linger for weeks and just actually solve it when it is posted.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168876

every time someone calls this a job an angel get its wings
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #168878

a shame the hard job admins sign up to do only involves the mandatory task of logging into irc when adminning and literally nothing else, otherwise you might have had a case there
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #168883

TechnoAlchemist wrote:every time someone calls this a job an angel get its wings
let me further pinpoint what i mean:
I hope i dont need to explain this to you friend, i hope that your narrow intellect is enough to get what I mean.
let me put it in big writing to help you friend
thank you and god bless

@implyings
wow great even i could do that!!!!!!!!!

here i was thinking an admin was to help police the server and ban wrongdoers, but in reality, its just a special cool club with a cool purple title, complete with a stick in your ass attitude that means everything you and your cohort come up with is the literal fucking gospel. but yeah youre right with such great admining choices such as removing ban requests and banning erp you guys are truly striking at what is wrong with this server.

it's not the fact that roleplay is nigh on non existent. it's not the fact that we are literally advertising on hub thus comprimising a large front of what /tg/ was all about. no its the fucking ERP and the fucking ban thread. good job you fucking goons.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #168885

Colonic, stop shitposting, only people who pay and have this effect them can shitpost about it
Neither applies to you
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #168886

He's still right, though.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #168889

NikNakFlak wrote:Colonic, stop shitposting, only people who pay and have this effect them can shitpost about it
Neither applies to you
which makes it even worse when i, who hasn't played in weeks, can tell you that it's a shitty fucking thing when admins think all they have to do is just log on to IRC, join some rounds, give honorary reach arounds to the current top dog, and then think they're actually doing something. the worse thing is that they have the fucking gall to then post like they're fixing the server. no you're not, youre putting pretty little window dressings to make the server look like a kickin' rad place to be when in fact you're covering up literally fucking manure.

but please do censor me, just like the last time when i called out aranclanos on being retarded you clowns all decided to also remove those posts because i called him mean names.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #168899

at first i was worried about the ban request forum being removed because i liked laughing at the shitflinging and drama but i have to say since it's removal i've become basically unbannable and can grief as much as I want and it is pretty fun!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #168915

NikNakFlak wrote:Wow, you're a faggot
:popcorn:
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168918

ColonicAcid wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:Colonic, stop shitposting, only people who pay and have this effect them can shitpost about it
Neither applies to you
which makes it even worse when i, who hasn't played in weeks, can tell you that it's a shitty fucking thing when admins think all they have to do is just log on to IRC, join some rounds, give honorary reach arounds to the current top dog, and then think they're actually doing something. the worse thing is that they have the fucking gall to then post like they're fixing the server. no you're not, youre putting pretty little window dressings to make the server look like a kickin' rad place to be when in fact you're covering up literally fucking manure.

but please do censor me, just like the last time when i called out aranclanos on being retarded you clowns all decided to also remove those posts because i called him mean names.
Someone please delete this post
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #168922

MOM BRING ME MORE HOT POCKETS
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #168926

sticks and stones will break my bones and so will colonics mean words :(((
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by VincVsVincent » #168930

So they are coming back? I need my doses of drama
I'm alive
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #168945

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

anyone going to talk about this or nah?

im actually gobsmacked.

this is stupidy in another whole level. you literally refused to do your job because you couldn't be bothered. like man i dunno what to tell you anymore this is a fucking clown show at the highest degree good fucking job. you're all little more than glorified tech support it looks like.

"i could do my job... or instead i could be a condescending asshole. I mean this matter may take some time to fix but in the end it'll make the server a better place, but instead I'm going to tell this guy that he's an idiot in the nicest possible way because he dared ask admins to do their job. Who do they think I am? A volunteer to ensure that the server stays a palatable place? HAH WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT."
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #168946

Colonic has a point. This makes it so that the only people who can really respond to grief are those who are invested in the community. This means that basil is fucked since they're all hubbies.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #168972

On a phone so I am going to keep this short(ish) and not reply post by post.

Discouraging, or at least not enabling, a culture of ridiculous grudge holding and petty retaliation is in fact an important step for the overall health of the community.

The potential IC "damage" caused by "wrong doers" (in a game primarily about things being blown up anyway) is a small price to pay for shutting down a frankly embarassing source of drama.

But don't take it from me, listen to your fellow players asking for it back. Half of them are saying upfront they only want it back to laugh at you.

I put in plenty of time and effort to make the game fun both in coding and dealing with ingame adminhelps. Engaging in stupid public shit flinging matches about video game crime for people to gawk at is not high on my to-do list.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #168978

Or just let people in the community laugh at people who are making ban requests for extremely petty shit rather than ban them with the anon3mendment.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #168981

People still hold the grudges. Removing ban requests will not improve the community, its just an excuse the admins are using so they can avoid interacting with that side of the community. Bring back ban requests, if some admins want to shrug their duties and avoid the place, they are welcome to do so. Let the admins that actually want to do their job handle it at their own discretion.

But hey at this point i expect nothing less from /tg/ admins.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #168982

Why aren't we discouraging wrongdoing in the first place, rather than ignoring it? Brushing misdeeds under the rug doesn't make them go away, and if there's no repercussions to an act, that act will be done more often. Even just a "don't do this" would suffice - it's not the severity of punishment that deters criminals, it's the certainty - but if people can do anything they like, avoid IC repercussions due to robustness, and OOC repercussions because the admins aren't doing anything... then what's the point in having rules in the first place?
To punish transgressions, they have to be brought to light; the ban requests forum was a medium through which to do that. It's precisely because it was public that it's used - there's pressure on the admins to actually do something when there's an open thread. If the only people who know about a rulebreaker are the admins, the public eye isn't watching to see their response; and when someone breaks the rules, we need to visibly see them punished, to act as a deterrent to other rulebreakers.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #168988

hello yes

i'd post a lengthy piece about the vocal majority being bitter, red-faced babies flooding every means of feedback with their hateful tear-rivers in their seemingly endless march to make everything bannable but this opinion should logically be in the minority

literally nobody cares
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #168990

whoa
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #168991

bryce pax is just icepacks but with a br in front