Dark Souls 3 - Fanfiction Edition

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Dark Souls 3 - Fanfiction Edition

Post by Wyzack » #169581

Bottom post of the previous page:

Grasp that raw ass firmly and just go to town
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #169583

They scale just fine against players, it just becomes laughably useless against NPC's when you figure you could've spent those points on more STAM/HP and not be getting obliterated in one shot while running around like a madman trying to land enough spells between chugging flasks for more FP.

My "I used to be a wizard, once" character is now wearing full Leonhard's gear, +10 ASS, +5 Grasscrest, +5 Caitha's Chime, Chloranthy Ring, Favor and Protection Ring, Life Ring, and Steel Protection Ring. Spells are Lightning Blade, Deep Protection, and Dorhys' Gnawing.

Gameplan is buff yourself up, then slap people's shit. If you randomly get a chance, surprise them with Dorhys' Gnawing. It hits for like 700 something damage, is slow enough to be weird to roll around, and tracks pretty well. Don't really use it much. A good 5-6 wacks from the sword kills anyone. With Deep Protection up, the Chloranthy Ring on, and the Grasscrest Shield out my stamina regen is fucking insane. My adjusted AR is well over 500, can't remember exactly.

Oh right if Dorhys' Gnawing hits twice without them using red moss they're fucking dead. I keep forgetting it causes a fuckton of bleed damage too. So yeah if they're stupid enough to shield it they're gonna regret it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #169589

I finally got enough strength to use the Vordt greathammer one-handed.

Now I have to buff my equipment load so I can use armor that isn't dick while I do.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169592

EndgamerAzari wrote:I finally got enough strength to use the Vordt greathammer one-handed.

Now I have to buff my equipment load so I can use armor that isn't dick while I do.
The only ring I was able to find that increases that is the Prisoner's Chain, which you get by transposing somebody's soul. Can't remember whose. It also increases your HP and Stamina too!

The problem is it also increases the amount of damage you take! So it's totally not worth it!

Durrrrffff I somehow completely forgot about Havel's ring. just go get and wear that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #169595

Or just, you know, don't wear heavy armor because it's pointless? WHOO HOO, MARGINALLY BETTER PHYSICAL RESIST!

Wear the black leather set or whatever and put whatever was gonna go into vitality into a GOOD stat.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #169597

It's called keeping with a theme. I AM CONTRAPTION. CONTRAPTION DOES NOT MOVE.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169598

Is Vordt's hammer the hammer with the weapon skill where you just start spinning around and you don't stop until you let go of the button or run out of stamina?

Because you should be using that one for maximum kek
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #169653

Uchi parrying is fun and makes me feel like a real samurai
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #169662

So NG+ elemental resist on mobs is completely bananas? Got it.

Honestly with infusions to scale better with the physical stats it's the age of the melee caveman.
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #169684

Reached Level 51, VIG 20, END 15, STR 32, DEX 16 (namely to use most weaponry).

I've been for most of this time, invading as a mound-maker in the catacombs. Holy hell, I forgot how a good binge of PVP feels. A bit of rage, but also a LOT of good laughs.

Highlights include :
  • Chasing after that snively bastard that ran away while sumoning dudes, then managed to get some help and ended me. And then I promptly invaded him again (by pure luck), and since he had a phantom with him, poor dude couldn't replenish his estus - while mine were filled with REVENGE. Needless to say, Mr. ChuChuca found his first victory short-lived.
  • A few honorabruh duel, with the host watching. Lost both of them, but I didn't feel even mad - it's a special moment when a invader and a sunbro just throw prism stones around the place.
  • The suspended bridge. Ho lord, the suspended bridge. It's hilarious when you manage to bait a host that doesn't have a clue there and start wailing on him before running away. I actually died a few times taking away the host with me, but hell was it worth it. Still, I'm miles away from this kind of shenanigans.
  • The narrow path you have to take when the bridge is broken made for some interesting fights too. Quite a few people rolled off, me included.
  • The skeleton trap, my favorite. Did you know that if you bait the host on the corner behind the suspended bridge entrance, all the skeletons behind them will rise up? Makes for a hell of a nasty surprise - I've managed to turn around a few 3v1 with that trick. Doot doot, motherfuckers.
  • All-out brawls. Often happens that there is not only me, but a Dark Spirit in play, and of course, Sunbros. In that case, all hell goes loose - and it's a beautiful thing to behold.
Also, the Greataxe is amazing - the roll into ground stab is pretty fast and strong, and the damage on the two-handed swings is absolutly mental. You'll end up 2 or 3 shotting dudes, most of the time. I had a host mage that got DUNKED on because I dropped on her from above, in the stairs area after the middle bonfire. BAM, 537 damage - straight up DEAD on the spot, her phantom didn't even get a chance to rescue her.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #169688

That fucking video though that's hilarious
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169690

Plunge attacks feel so good in PVP and the terrain seems created to give you lots of opportunities to do it.

In the catacombs as a mound maker I would regularly spawn on the platform overlooking the bridge where the skeleton archer sits. From there it's a really easy running leap to land ontop of anyone trying to run across the bridge in the open.
Zilenan91 wrote:That fucking video though that's hilarious
It's a tradition

[youtube]eRswclEJ_Gk[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #169693

yeah
Last edited by Zilenan91 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169694

Psst hey.

Wrong thread.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #169695

Welp
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169696

Your secret is safe with me, friend.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #169698

An0n3 wrote:Your secret is safe with me, friend.
I saw nothing. Remember to praise then Sun daily.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169705

I fucking LOVE that sunbros can invade people for sunlight medals now.

YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING PRAISE IT EVEN IF I HAVE TO FORCE YOU
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #169796

Most of the covenants just suck though.

Blue sentinels/Blades of the darkmoon do the exact same thing.

Adlritch faithful just autoinvades people in one area.

The wolf one is renamed dragon covenant.

Mound makers is a good idea executed poorly. In a week or two no one will summon them unless they just want to kill them since eventually they will just betray the host. It would help if their signs were white and they still could use the white phantom ring. That would give a risk to summoning non-sunbros.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169827

The problem is too many mound-maker players immediately trying to bumrush the hosts.
If everyone plays it like that they're just going to spoil it.

You have to put in the time actually helping the hosts do stuff and being cooperative.
It's a giant collective con.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #169838

The
Spoiler:
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
is my new favorite boss of the entire Souls series.
Spoiler:
Also is now my waifu.
I'd seen stills from the demo, but WOW. That is some impressive visual design- her entire moveset looks like a dance that just sort of HAPPENS to kill you in the process. Screw the black leather set, I'mma wear this boss armor now. I'd like to use her swords as well, but >titanite scales.

I'll get more of those eventually, I suppose.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169871

What's cool about the dancer is how fighting her in melee basically requires you to join in her dance and start twirling around when she does.

I scrubbed out and just stood back watching my summons take her on while shitting spells all over and it was pretty awesome to watch.
Now I've realized melee combat is king and I'm kicking the shit out of everything myself.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #169876

I've been trying to use the Dancer's Swords. Could use more titanite scales, but using them with the Sorcery Clutch Ring, Fire Clutch Ring, Pontiff's Right Eye, and Carthus Beacon as a combo can dish out some impressive damage.

Also, >not dancing with the waifu in melee
u scrub
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169879

I think the new patch said something about rebalancing those two.

I found a spot to farm wolf grasses for the watchdogs covenant and got the first tier reward wolf sword.
It's kinda neat. Another gimmicky ass greatsword weapon for people who like weird flippy movesets.

Went to the cathedral of the deep and did some duels. Summoned a guy dressed in Ornstein's armor dual wielding black knight shields. Neat guy. I have so much stamina now I was able to just stunlock the shit out of him anyway though.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #169880

Rebalance of the Dancer's Swords would be nice- the base damage is pretty shite.

EDIT: Yup, apparently they have been buffed, sweet! I'll have to try them out when I next play. digg says it was a HUGE buff, so that will be nice!

Aaaand they're still the same as they were yesterday, guess I was playing with the patch. I suppose they'll get better once they're more than +1...?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #169886

Yeah, usually the last two levels are a huge improvement.

I'm nearing up on 120 now and I'm wondering if I should spend some of my last points to nudge my STR/DEX up just a little more to give me more weapon options.

Currently the ASS is killing everyone just fine, but I kinda think going 14/14 so I can wield a scythe might be nice. It's a really good weapon for fucking with people who are trying to turtle with a shield...which I'm surprised more people aren't doing. Using a greatshield to cause people to bounce off and get opened up to your own R1 spam should be a thing people are trying but I don't see anyone doing it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #169922

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #169944

EndgamerAzari wrote:So here's a thing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... nav_search
Looks neat but needs more stuff.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #169945

DrPillzRedux wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:So here's a thing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... nav_search
Looks neat but needs more stuff.
They hit the third stretch goal in the first 15 minutes of the campaign, so I think it's a safe bet there'll be a lot more revealed in the coming weeks.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #169953

Kingdom Death: Monster is already Dark Souls the board game.

Also, I learned what's up with the dancer swords- they buffed the Dex scaling, but it still gets listed as D for some reason. I respecced and now am doing reidiculous amounts of damage with just the +2 swords.

Dex 30, Int 12, Str 12, fai 12 (SL 60). The rest goes in Vigor and Endurance, to your personal taste (NOTE: If you started as a thief, knight, or warrior, you will need enough attunement for 2 spell slots.)

This gives the +2 Dancer swords a base AR of 370 or so- not bad for such a fast weapon, but still so-so, especially since it's split damage.

Attune the Pyromancy Carthus Beacon- this gives 7.5% extra damage, increasing to 15% after three hits.

The ring Pontiff's Right Eye gives you about 5% extra damage every three hits, increasing to 15% after nine hits.

Note that for both of the above, hits on blocking opponents count just fine. A quick Dancer's Grace can easily net you the full 30% damage increase (to AR 481!)

The Sorcery Clutch and Fire Clutch ring both give 15% extra elemental damage. Elemental damage is slightly less then half of each sword's attack- call it an extra 7% ar (AR 506 total).

Last ring (or replacements to the clutches) is to taste- the ring of favor is never bad. The dancer's set is heavy enough that Flynn's Ring is a poor choice. The Knight Slayer's Ring is good, though, and the Hunter's Ring is a solid option.

Having AR 500 at level 60 is... quite potent. Admittedly you won't have it all the time, but you have it on a very fast weapon with a flexible moveset.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #169954

Too much theorycrafting god.

I just want to get me a controller and then be a caveman. Naked with a really big club.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #169984

Butcher knife has really been the ultimate weapon for me in pvp lately
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #170118

alright which one of you assholes named yourself cuban pete

i invaded you in the Boreal Valley wearing dancer cosplay

i applaud your hiding in the rocks, but think you are an asshole for ranged spam in 2v1. however, i also believe being an asshole is essential to dark souls pvp, so congratulations on that.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #170140

Watching people complain about the massive numbers of phantoms when they invade is really pathetic.
Bro, you're the aggressor here. If you want 1v1 honorable combat don't try to be a sneaky assassin and backstab people. Duel it up with the soapstone.

The only time it's really annoying for me is when the host retreats to summon more after you break all the toys he was playing with first. No, I've beaten your little mini-fags, now I want the boss fag.

Killing Blueberries is THE BEST as an invader. I will stop chasing the host to get a blueberry because of the double-reward. People complain about the host getting too much help but if you manage to kill a blueberry and the host that's three tongues yo.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #170144

You can tell I was joking because I was in nocaps bro. I wasn't expecting honor, I was being an asshole and expected to be assholed right back.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #170146

What happened to Darkmoon invasions, why would they get rid of that? How am I supposed to be THE LAW when you can't chase down the guilty?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #170171

Drynwyn wrote:You can tell I was joking because I was in nocaps bro. I wasn't expecting honor, I was being an asshole and expected to be assholed right back.

Sorry I wasn't commenting on what you said just the conversation about Dark Souls 3 as a whole on the internet.
Some people are complaining that invasion matchmaking throws them in with hosts who have summoned phantoms more often than not, and bitching about how difficult it is making it for them.

There's just something about how people who are attempting to make life more difficult for others are complaining that life has become too difficult for them, to make more difficult for others.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:What happened to Darkmoon invasions, why would they get rid of that? How am I supposed to be THE LAW when you can't chase down the guilty?
No sin anymore. If you want to invade people it's all red eye orb. Would be cool if a Darkmoon using the invasion orb invaded a host who had dark spirits present. It sucks waiting by a phone that never rings.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #170172

There is a thing called sin since there is a little altar that offers to remove it but I think it is to make npcs forgive stabbing them in the face.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #170180

That's different from what sin was.

You were a "sinner" when you got indicted by a host after they died during an invasion.
The only other way to get sin that a darkmoon would care about is if you betrayed your covenant.

You're talking about "absolution" which just resets hostile NPC's.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #170194

I know what sin was which is why I was utterly perplexed when I found it and had to google what it actually did.

Although it is sad they wrote out invasion sin just because they were doing away with covenant betrayal.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #170197

I was not prepared at all. Trying to cheese it as a pyromancer after ahving some difficulty with the first boss. I admit, I suck at these sorts of games and the like. BUt hey, I'm still having fun. No caveman yet.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #170223

Trying to cheese it as a pyromancer
Don't. You will have to summon for practically every boss. You will be frantically spamming spells into a horde of enemies who will follow-through on their attacks and kill you despite your giant fucking fireball slamming into their face.

Playing through the game as a caster is not "cheesing" it this time around, it's the hardest way to play. The resists on most enemies are pretty ridiculous. I managed to get through the game going all in on INT/FAI by getting to three spell slots and constantly swapping out my spells based on whatever was up ahead. But then you get to certain boss fights where half the fight is one resist and the other half is another resist and you're just like why From why do you do this to me

Congrats on you for going for it though. I did. The spells themselves are fucking awesome and a lot of them are still viable for PVP. The effects and stuff look great. Get the Izalith Catalyst and Caitha's Charm, pump INT/FAI and then use Dark spells. HELLOOOOOOO DAMAGE.
Spoiler:
People mined some of the game files and found some unused data for different pyromancy flames as well. Shame we never got a dark-boosting flame...yet? Possible some of this stuff might appear in future DLC. You can see an area where the DLC might take place from Vordt's bonfire if you look out across the cliff, take out your binoculars, and then look to the right. You can see what looks like some kind of fortress area hidden in the woods.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #170234

Well too late, I killed it. And I enjoyed myself. Imma keep going this way for now.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #170269

An0n3 wrote:Watching people complain about the massive numbers of phantoms when they invade is really pathetic.
Bro, you're the aggressor here. If you want 1v1 honorable combat don't try to be a sneaky assassin and backstab people. Duel it up with the soapstone.

The only time it's really annoying for me is when the host retreats to summon more after you break all the toys he was playing with first. No, I've beaten your little mini-fags, now I want the boss fag.

Killing Blueberries is THE BEST as an invader. I will stop chasing the host to get a blueberry because of the double-reward. People complain about the host getting too much help but if you manage to kill a blueberry and the host that's three tongues yo.
Yeah, Urist McRunToBonfire is obnoxious.

Last night invading in Irithyll Dungeon I got an HONOR SQUAD- each of the host's phantoms dueled me 1v1, without using estus, giving me the chance to heal up between fights, and then the host himself.

I won.

I only expect two things from hosts I'm invading- more is great, but here's what you're a fuckboy if you don't do.

1) Don't summon more phantoms after I kill the ones you had.
2) Engage with me on some level. Don't just sit at the bonfire forever with your two phantoms expecting me to come in and get R1'd to death. I'm not saying I expect you sprint into giant crabs to kill me, but for the love of god do SOMETHING other than stand right next to each other and expect me to walk into all three of you. At LEAST do something clever like hide a phantom behind something, for fuck's sake.

2 is of course void if you're all on your own- You want a duel, I'll give you a duel.

Also I know the RSS is for dueling but like half of the summons from RSS's are le dark sword quality metabuild.
Last edited by Drynwyn on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #170271

I never lose the waiting game. If me standing around at the top of Aldrich is enough to scare three other players into waiting for me to come down, I'm accomplishing something. I will wait until the host pulls his cable. You assholes need to get through this level, not me.

I really miss having the "No" gesture from previous games. When people are down in the courtyard signaling for me to come fight them I need a proper response other than spamming Welcome and the Patches Squat.

Like seriously you're a full armor dude with a washing pole. I'm wearing Karla's set and wielding a staff. You wish I would come down there and roll around with you you dumb fuck.

Oh also Buckler/Small Leather/Target Shield are god-tier. Between the netcode and it's ridiculous amount of active frames you will parry everything. Get your hornet ring on and go to town. People are pulling ridiculous shit on eachother with these things.

[youtube]6m8Ek5KYYkc[/youtube]

I'm going to see what I can do with the Great Scythe weapon. It inherited the same annoying ability it had in previous games where it still deals a significant amount of damage through blocks. I think infusing it with blood gems to increase the amount of bleed it does is the way to go, since this will really fuck over people who try blocking it but also if I'm loading Dorhys' in my spell slot I get some synergy there too. It also has the range to keep straight-sword spammers and katana fags away.

The problem is it's fucking slow. Lots of windup. It has a specific hitbox on the blade portion of the weapon where it deals sweet-spot damage, but everywhere else does shit damage.

The special move it has is fucking ridiculous though. The dream is to parry someone with an offhand buckler-type shield, then two-hand the scythe and hit them with the special move before they can recover. Otherwise the riposte animation is hilariously stupid, as your character somehow stabs the entire scythe through the victim, handle first, then kicks them off of it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #170302

I managed to beat NG on almost pure sorcery

I caved and maxxed out a scrub sword to crystal +10 and even with no HP I was doing much better than slinging spells at everything

And then I finally got the tome that gives you crystal soul spear and magic was useful again

Sort of

For the investment I could just be R1 spamming everything to death and not be a glass cannon
I have every spell boosting item active that I can, and I flirt with 1300 damage on NG enemies

Most of the time it's 1100~ but the pontiff knights have really low magic resist I guess
Attachments
20160419110526_1.jpg
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #170306

If I wanted to make the shittiest, griefiest katana build ever, what equipment should I go for and what stats should I focus on?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #170310

Uhh be a Knight, don't level anything up. Acquire Uchigatana. Don't level anything up. Progress through the game until you get the Red Eye Orb. Don't level anything up. Go back to the High Wall of Lothric. Invade people who just beat the tutorial and are getting their first steps into the actual game.

IF you want to be a career shitter just start dumping points into your STAM/HP until you're in the 50's range, up that Katana to +6 and infuse it with whatever gives you the most purely physical damage (probably raw, unless you've been beefing your STR/DEX which you shouldn't). Spend souls to acquire a ton of resins and undead hunter charms. Invade people anywhere in the game you want. Lube your sword up, slap the Sunny D out of their hands, and obliterate people.

Bonus points if you name yourself "WELCOME TO DS3" or "FUN POLICE" or something like that.

"THE RED CARPET"
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #170314

Okay, maybe not quite that shitty. I'm just picturing myself half-naked and flipping around, two-handing some obnoxiously long sword.

Also where is uchigatana and red orb I am scrub
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #170318

Hey man, you asked for the SHITTIEST, the GRIEFIEST.

Dark Souls is in the same sub-genre of multiplayer games as EVE online;
games where forcing PVP onto people who really don't want it is a major selling point.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #170322

Okay, granted, but I'm not that kind of guy to prey on newbies even though they're the only ones I have a chance to beat.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote: