Lavaland

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Lavaland

Post by Zilenan91 » #171284

Bottom post of the previous page:

There should be two medkits in the room with the oxygen tank, but anonus might have forgotten to add them back in there when he redid the mining station.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #171470

Don't like the all black that mining has become.
Why give the miners tactical turtlenecks anyhow?

Doesn't that go against lore?
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #171524

> ss13
> lore

Yes, that's funny.
Bring back papercult.

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #171535

Syndie turtlenecks are a placeholder because the purple ones didn't fit with the new stalker suits AFAIK.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #171536

ShadowDimentio wrote:Terror PTSD
Someone played 3.5

DESCENDANTS OF DRAGONS. THE KOBOLDS SHALL RISE!!!!!
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #171569

What is this dumb meme, kobolds were never scary or dangerous in 3.5. 3.5 isn't a game about adventurers going into the dungeons and fighting kobolds there, it's a game about omniscient supersonic god wizards operating an avatar from their demiplane and swarming people with shadesteel golems.

Still, I really want ashwalker kobolds to happen. Kor pls.
Bring back papercult.

Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #171571

Discovered what I think is a bug today with the vault kind of thing that consists of a snowy area with a cabin containing an antique laser. If you smash the antique laser case all the doors in the vault bolt kind of like what happens if you try to grab the antique laser on the station. The problem is that unlike the ones in the captain's quarters these ones aren't on a timer so once they're bolted shut they stay shut. So if you don't have a toolbox or hacking tools you're stuck in there for the rest of the round unless an admin's feeling generous.

Also it'd be nice if you could attach the sec-lite to your kinetic accelerator or maybe even your suit to cut down on inventory clutter
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #171619

Jacough wrote:Discovered what I think is a bug today with the vault kind of thing that consists of a snowy area with a cabin containing an antique laser. If you smash the antique laser case all the doors in the vault bolt kind of like what happens if you try to grab the antique laser on the station. The problem is that unlike the ones in the captain's quarters these ones aren't on a timer so once they're bolted shut they stay shut. So if you don't have a toolbox or hacking tools you're stuck in there for the rest of the round unless an admin's feeling generous.

Also it'd be nice if you could attach the sec-lite to your kinetic accelerator or maybe even your suit to cut down on inventory clutter
They're supposed to bolt shut and I'm 99% sure the ones in the cap's quarters don't unbolt themselves after a timer.

Also miners can (soon) buy an /explorer belt/ to deal with inventory clutter.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #171622

If the room doesnt perma bolt then it is just a free captains laser which is kinda lame
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #171625

InsaneHyena wrote:What is this dumb meme, kobolds were never scary or dangerous in 3.5. 3.5 isn't a game about adventurers going into the dungeons and fighting kobolds there, it's a game about omniscient supersonic god wizards operating an avatar from their demiplane and swarming people with shadesteel golems.

Still, I really want ashwalker kobolds to happen. Kor pls.
Pun Pun has risen! Pun Pun is an overdiety who has YES in all stats and regenerates like a Tarasque. The worst part is he is rules legal. Pun Pun is a Kobold, and that's just scratching the surface of what Kobolds can do.

Due to a rule mess up, Dragonwrought Kobolds are true dragons, and therefore qualify for epic feats at level 8.
thesneakypaladin
Byond Username: TheSneakyPaladin

Post by thesneakypaladin » #172059

So this is my first actual post in feedback because Lavaland is the only recent addition to Space Station 13 I care about, it's really good, and that's why I'm about to post a stupidly autistic complaint.

The pods aren't comfy anymore Kor, and I think it's partially to do with both the new aesthetic changes and the shortening of Ash Storms. I really enjoyed pods the way they were because they were set up for two people to use while leaving a few good minutes in for Miners to Roleplay without it feeling like they were forcing themselves to do it like they would be on station, it felt like it was a nice moment to sit down and just shoot the shit with other miners and it really added to the atmosphere of Lavaland. I don't really like complaining about this because it's clear whoever sprited the new pods put a good amount of effort into it, but right now it feels more like I'm stranded on a crashed Abductor ship than squatting with my Stalker mining buddies. I feel as though either a new type of shelter needs to be added (The ability for miners to create their own outposts perhaps?) or something needs to be done to preserve the old chilled out times that we got during ash storms. Reorganizing the pod could be an easy option too, if the GPS just became wall mounted and the environmental stabilizer thing was put into the floor it could at least preserve the campfire like feeling of the pods.

Besides that I legitimately love the new version of mining and I honestly think it's the best thing to happen to the station in a while, I can see a lot of ways it could be expanded on to make mining station play extremely rewarding, such as adding more individual jobs for Lavaland (Mining Medic, Mining Engineer? I dunno just throwing out ideas.) And perhaps expanding on the uses Mining has to the station. Artifacts for R&D could be cool.

Gonna stop there because I'm clearly rambling at this point, but I really appreciate what you've done with mining and what the plans I've seen for it's future, a few months ago I could have never imagined that being a Shaft Miner would become my favorite job on the server.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #172077

I love love love the new pods. Ash storms are shorter, but i regularly just hang out in my pod smoking and playing guitar because it is so comfy. Literally the best part of the game right now
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #172079

Sneaky has a point, the pod formatting is lacking for having multiple people in it, I'd like to see the return of the two chairs + table format.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #172102

luxury pods when??
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #172130

That would be neat as a slightly more expensive version to house you and your space waifu. If the round goes on long enough and the monsters are more or less dead you can take people cottaging in lavaland
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #172170

The pods, I think, are supposed to be a bit cramped in feel. Which I can understand to a point but the cramped feeling is a legit complaint also. Having a higher cost, multi-person bubble for cleared areas, as you can remove the gps, and much of the clutter in present survival pod, as it is not catering to the same thing. At best, some sort of refillable food vendor unit, so you can put your gol-steaks and junk in it. Survival pod does at least do what its meant to; has sleeper (which is imo useless given designed sole-person usage of the survival pods), food, GPS, air, and provides shelter.

Or, outside of the 'deluxe' version, it would be nice to have a 'blank bubble' option. Large-ish 4x4 or something with just one corner taken up by the air-filtration shit, and another for a vendor of some sort. Miners can fill it in as wanted. The addition mainly, outside of the blank interior, is also adding airlocks to the other four walls, so you can put these down in chains for outpost placement further away from the actual outpost. Make them powerless, so they have to wire up a generator and use plasma (FOR ONCE!). An integral plasma generator might be interesting in general too for the pods.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #172339

Gamarr your avi is way too appropriate for talking about cramped spooky rooms on what is essentially hell.
pls stop.
私は完璧
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #172385

Remie Richards wrote:Gamarr your avi is way too appropriate for talking about cramped spooky rooms on what is essentially hell.
pls stop.
Secondary idea: Shelters come with their own optional haunted ghost when created, so you get to have someone to talk to/eat your face when bored. Maybe the sleeper comes with a body, where after you waking it, queries about why you turned off the lights. Repeatedly.

Feedback: I do not see the use of the sleeper in the pods and think it is pointless cluttering on a survival shelter. It is meant for shelter, and some food nibbling. Can include two chairs, but remove the sleeper and put it in the deluxe-pod, if we ever get one. It is not like the sleeper can put you into stasis to keep you alive if you're alone, or inject you when you're alone, so... why is it in there. 'So your miner friend can heal you.' Then please, just up the cost/add another pod where it fits in and the pod can actually, comfortably house two or three people compared to the shelters.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #172388

While you probably meant that as a meme, why isn't there a ruin of an already used, rundown shelter?
could do some spooks with it.
私は完璧
LOLSKELETONS
Byond Username: LOLSKELETONS

Post by LOLSKELETONS » #172435

FIX THE FUCKING CHASMS SO YOU DON'T FALL IN, FOR FUCKS SAKES JUST SWITCH IT TO AN RNG CHANCE OF FALLING IN. I'M TIRED OF FALLING INTO THE DAMN THINGS!!!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #172439

git gud lol
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #172442

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is People Falling Into Chasms Real? Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Walk Into Them, Like Nigga Open Your Eyes And Watch The Screen Haha
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #172455

Anonmare wrote:Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is People Falling Into Chasms Real? Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Walk Into Them, Like Nigga Open Your Eyes And Watch The Screen Haha
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #172459

TechnoAlchemist wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is People Falling Into Chasms Real? Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Walk Into Them, Like Nigga Open Your Eyes And Watch The Screen Haha
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #172486

It's not that bad but it is a literal newbie trap.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #172540

Buy a jaunter and fasten it to your belt if you're so scared of falling into a chasm
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #172567

Give miners a Blueprint Subtype so they can build their own shelters for ash storms

also remove the Ash walkers rcd because if they spawn next to gulag they can attack at roundstart with the rcd
they have boats anyways if they kill enough goliaths
The future is horrible!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #172592

dragon blood is too low a chance to turn you into a dragon
also why don't dragons have night vision REEE
also let both types of dragons eat corpses for health
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #172603

If anything the dragon chance should be lower honestly.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #172612

The chasm timer on tendrils should be a bit longer though tbh, I had a tendril today that spawned nothing but goliaths and after I'd killed like ten of them I ran to get the chest and three of them stunned me with tendrils and I fell down the chasm
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #172621

Kor wrote:If anything the dragon chance should be lower honestly.
The lesser dragon has 500 health and NO ARMOR OR WAY TO HEAL. a combat shotgun 100% full of buckshot or something could probably kill the dragon in a 1v1, especially when the player controlled dragon has no stuns or anything. turning yourself into a dragon is unreliable and a mech could probably outdo it. not to mention it is slower than a person and has no accurate ranged attacks, an assistant could throw stuff at it to kill it if they are good at dodging or have a firesuit.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #172660

Just killed a lesser ash drake without a scratch as an emagged standard borg using the esword. those things have low health, but really REALLY low when you consider they cannot heal at all.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #172662

Still, seeing two in one day sounds a bit frequent.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #172663

If they're weak it doesn't really matter
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #172667

Kor wrote:Still, seeing two in one day sounds a bit frequent.
Your Tottaly putting it on RNG in god case rng dragon blood might be 5 roubds in row its fucking rng
The future is horrible!
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #172673

Zilenan91 wrote:If they're weak it doesn't really matter
yea, rng shouldn't have to do with it, and its not like they are strong. slimes always spawn and can get shit a lot worse than being incapable of healing but not having that much health. plus nobody is going to try a dragon gimmick if they cant even become a dragon reliably. if the ai upload only had a 10% chance of spawning and was as risky to get into as to kill a dragon then nobody would even try to subvert it, especially considering its not like they are an antag 100% of rounds. add in that the dragons are not that strong and its one of 4 drops (why can it just drop mats that is mega dumb) and turning into a dragon is just rubbish.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #172694

Cant we just have things that are rare enough to not become commonplace? I don't see why that is such a fucking problem. Not everything needs to be readily possible.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #172783

Make the dragon rare instead of having a reward that cock teases by randomly not working.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #172786

Less dragons, but guaranteed transformation when drinking the blood.

And some serious buffs to it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #172797

Incomptinence wrote:Make the dragon rare instead of having a reward that cock teases by randomly not working.
Id say making the dragon a harder fight would be a better idea
Wyzack wrote:Cant we just have things that are rare enough to not become commonplace? I don't see why that is such a fucking problem. Not everything needs to be readily possible.
If its rare, it at least should be good. a guy with a backpack with 3 laser guns and a fire/explorer suit (the explorer suit is op as fuck) would be able to miss quite a few shots and still have the ammo to kill the LESSER dragon you turn into. not even like they would miss when it moves really slow.

another option: buff lizards by making the blood always work on them because lizard is kind of sort of maybe like dragons :')
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #172811

Yes, reptilian master race needs buffs badly.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #172839

Replace the ash drake mats with the staff of storms
Replace the legion staff of storms with a spellbook (or just a bunch of random spellbooks)
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #173180

worst idea ever incoming:
gps is something miners have to buy from the vendor, so that if you want to hunt for tendrils you have to get research at least some mats first
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #173184

The unloved rock wrote:worst idea ever incoming:
gps is something miners have to buy from the vendor, so that if you want to hunt for tendrils you have to get research at least some mats first
Bad thing is that sounds like a auctally good idea on a scientists point of view of course you can always look trough shafts to find tendrils
The future is horrible!
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #173198

better loot from mining vendors needs to exist tho so miners have a reason to get mats
add an extinguisher to it that puts out lava
gps would be like 500 points, but for 2,000 you get a gps that is easy to use like a pinpointer
add a lightweight kinetic accelerator that is one handed for 1,500 points
add auto implanter for legion hearts for 2,500 points
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173206

Lava got nerfed and doesn't kill you anymore so you can roll it out

The auto-implanter would be something I would buy
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #173209

But lavastaff didnt :^)
The future is horrible!
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #173260

Give me ideas about simple things to put in the vendor and I'll make a pr
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #173261

oh shit I haven't posted how much I like lavaland yet

I fucking love lava land, really big for me, love the ghost roles, love the bosses, love the random generation, what else is there to say?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #173267

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Give me ideas about simple things to put in the vendor and I'll make a pr
Oldstyle mining hardsuits for ~7.5K
Pocket extinguishers for 500
O2/plasma internal tanks for 750
GPS Tracker implant for 2.5K so telesci can rescue you >im-fucking-plying
Fire resistance potion for 10K
Bag of shiny beads for 5K to bribe the natives with
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #173271

Those prices are pretty bad but the ideas are good.