ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by ShadowDimentio » #179478

Bottom post of the previous page:

Shill along with me for a choose-your-own starting loadout in this link

http://steamcommunity.com/app/254320/di ... 887711518/
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #179578

Wait, when did you get out of the shed?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #179656

Also, the devs are memeing on you.

"The game is playable with any initial loadout."

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #179760

Well you need motion or stealth I think.

Stealth is more reliable but slower (JUST DON'T DO IT FROM A TINY NARROW ROOM) and motion is imperfect but still amazing.

Lure shouldn't be in the load outs at all its dog shit. OH COUNTING ON YOUR BUDDY LURE TO DO ANYTHING OH HELLO I'M A ROBOT.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #179818

Not having motion is hard. Not having motion or stealth is suicide.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #179948

AT LONG LAST GUNGEON LET ME GET THE LAST BULLET PART AND THE ELEVATOR PARTS TO CHAMBER MAD AND DIDN'T CRASH

[LAUGHS MADLY]
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180015

No matter which other games I play I always return to FFXIV to do a dungeon roulette or two, maybe help a few people out with difficult duties, and take another attempt at Sephirot the Fiend on Extreme difficulty.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #180514

Fucked around with Big Pharma a little.

Cancer, AIDS, Alzheimer's...the only thing you can't cure in this game is autism, because you're supposed to keep playing.
Also, charging $8600 for a single syringe and still getting record sales feels good.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #180530

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #180535

shrekeli did nothing wrong!!!
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #180833

I played through all of Dead Space 3 the other night.
People said it was the worst game in the franchise, it killed the franchise, etc. etc.
So I avoided playing it at all this entire time, despite being a huge fan of DS1 and DS2.

I thought it was pretty fucking great, actually.
That weapon customization is top tier and the weapons you play with are so satisfying to use.
It definitely lost some of the atmosphere of 1/2 but modern horror games are just like that. You can't make a scary, creepy game like that anymore because it's all been done to death. So I don't fault it for not trying, and instead it just gives you a ton of PLOT (and a lot of the questions it answers the franchise definitely needed) plus cool-as-fuck setpieces.

I also finally just got Revengeance. Yeah, it's like I'm reliving 2012/2013 lately in gaming between this, DS3, and Lost Planet 2. It finally was on sale just now ($8 on steam, all this weekend actually). I see why everyone fucking raves about the game and it's soundtrack. I can already tell it's a really short game but what is there is fucking great. I love jumping into a group of trash mobs, activating zandatsu, and slashing each guy once for the core then grabbing all of them. It feels better than just turning everyone into puree.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #180850

My only advice is to make sure you get counters down

You will get reamed by the bosses if you never learn

I had the pleasure of watching my friend get the saltiest I've ever seen him after he lost for the 7th time in a row
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #180948

DS3 was an okay game.

Nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. It's just does not have the similar vibe that DS1 and DS2 had. It's not very scary, and there's not much suspense. The story was kinda wishy washy but I thought it was a cool concept. The action and gunplay felt good though.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #180950

Done with Big Pharma.
After making the above-mentioned cure-all at (mostly) 100% efficiency and turning a profit margin of >90% there just isn't much left to do.
And it barely lasted three days.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #181030

Takeguru wrote:My only advice is to make sure you get counters down

I had the pleasure of watching my friend get the saltiest I've ever seen him after he lost for the 7th time in a row

Fucking last boss in the Sam DLC man.

EDIT - Also, Anon, there's certain side missions in Dead Space 3 you can ONLY do co-op. The entire game can be run co-op, and it adjusts itself accordingly. I love me some DS3 co-op, so yell at me on steam if you ever want to try it.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #181144

I've been trying my hand at this game.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/254320
Spoiler:
[youtube]J6c10EN1oNc[/youtube]
It's a loot and scavenge rouge-like.
You play as what might be the only human left in the entire universe.
How did this happen? You don't know.
What caused it? You Don't know.
What's trying to kill me? You don't know.

The only story you can put together is from uncorrupted logs on the ships you loot.

So far I've just been playing it overly safe and having my equipment's durability run in to the ground. So my run is looking like it's going to have to be reset before long.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #181146

I've been playing a lot of DOOM after exhausting myself on dark souls 3 a bit, however another fun little steam game I've been waiting to update is roguelands.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/364420/

An absolutely amazing co-op rogue-like game with plenty of difficulty, tears, and fun. Although last I played it it was lacking an ingame chat system, it was being updated weekly. If you're ever played magicite, this is its predecessor and it is by far superior.

There wasn't much developed last I played, but there is quite a few fun things you can do. Plenty a variety of planets, enemies and bosses to fight.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #181155

Takeguru wrote:My only advice is to make sure you get counters down

I love character action games. This game seems REALLLLLLLLLLY easy compared to some other stuff I've played. It's harder than bullshit games like God of War (seriously how does anyone ever have trouble beating those I don't understand it) but still easier than most of what I've played.

I've died because of random environmental hazards (the bridge that falls apart, the clocktower in the beginning) but not because of combat. The counter is really spammable and it's so easy to just tear someone apart for a full-heal. The most annoying thing I've found in the game so far was that the tutorial never teaches you how to lock on to enemies, I had to play through the beginning of the game just guessing and trying to spin the camera around a lot before I just looked up the controls for the game and noticed that, yeah there's a lock on button.
Reyouka wrote: EDIT - Also, Anon, there's certain side missions in Dead Space 3 you can ONLY do co-op. The entire game can be run co-op, and it adjusts itself accordingly. I love me some DS3 co-op, so yell at me on steam if you ever want to try it.
I'm unable to play the multiplayer for reasons *wink wink*. I would be up for trying it if that weren't the case. I noticed a few times doors that were locked off to me but said I could've gone in there if I had friends.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #181406

Been playing Battlezone 98 Redux.

Holy shit this game can be a hard bastard at times, I don't know if its typical "old games were made in an era when games were hard challenges" or if it running on modern systems somehow makes the AI a lot more intelligent than the game was balanced around.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #182496

Tried playing Vermintide again.

Now I remember why I stopped playing, because the hosting system is complete and utter gash.
Peer-to-Peer only, no dedicated servers - you got to the final boss wave and host gets fucked and rage quits? Well congrats on wasting 20 minutes of your life, because the game resets and you get nothing.

Seriously, the complete lack of any attempt of transferring the host to one of the remaining players is completely and utterly unforgivable.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #182882

My favorite mod for mount and blade just got an update after 2 years. Warsword conquest makes the whole thing warhammer fantasy themed and it is really fucking fun

New version is full of bugs and shit but a lot of the sprites are fucking awesome. I can finally live my dream of purging vamp scum/orc scum/chaos scum using a mile long line of dudes with rifles and gigantic moustaches. They also added a ton of the secondary human factions that do not have tabletop models like Kislev, Araby and Nippon
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #183128

the talos principle
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #183139

Remember to flip of Satan and save the kitty.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183455

I got Ninja Tits Adventures (Senran Kagura) without really knowing anything about it, just that /v/ always fucking talks about it and rumors that it's actually a decent game underneath all the weeb.

Well, I can say that everything about the game was understated.
Yes it's fairly decent hack and slash gameplay. There's no platforming or exploring to it, just jumping into rooms filled with enemies and maybe a boss character and trying to combo the shit out of everything (only two buttons, but you have some special moves and different forms to break it up).

But also it's probably the weeb-iest game I've ever played. It's so shameless I can't help but laugh my ass off at every ridiculous thing that's happening.

I started the game by beating the shit out of my childhood friend so badly her clothes got ripped off, but she did some kind of transformation and turned into an SS officer and started beating me with her bo staff so hard MY clothes started to rip off, so I transformed into some kind of Samurai and beat her ass so badly her tits popped out.

Then I got back to our ninja school and gave this shop keeper 100 yen to play the "lingerie lottery"
I won a sanitary pad I can wear like a bikini bottom.

Like, one of these:

That my character can just affix to her vagina like a sticker and then happily go about her business.

I don't even.
I can't.

IN LEGITIMATE GAMING NEWS I also picked up Brigador, which is out of Early Access now. I'm a big fan of the old Strike series of games (Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike, Nuclear Strike, and to a lesser extent Future Cop LAPD) and this feels right at home with those games. Stomping around in a mech top down arcade style blowing all kinds of shit up while some REALLY SWEET SYNTHWAVE SHIT plays. Seriously, worth the $20 for the soundtrack alone.

https://soundcloud.com/makeupandvanitys ... igador-ost

Check it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #183469

Been playing a bit of starward rogue to commemorate the maybe not long for this world arcen games.

Sort of weird roguelite bullet hell hybrid plays pretty well and is sort of fun but coming out at roughly the same time as the more visually appealing and artistically tight enter the gungeon I see how it got slaughtered.

More fun than nuclear throne though, I guess having a non binary health upgrade system and other progression things helps me feel like I'm actually improving past the weak mook I was on level 1 rather than praying for level up options that do anything meaningful at all. Oh and like other arcen games I tried there are actual difficulty settings in case I eventually find it too easy.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #183653

An0n3 wrote: IN LEGITIMATE GAMING NEWS I also picked up Brigador, which is out of Early Access now. I'm a big fan of the old Strike series of games (Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike, Nuclear Strike, and to a lesser extent Future Cop LAPD) and this feels right at home with those games. Stomping around in a mech top down arcade style blowing all kinds of shit up while some REALLY SWEET SYNTHWAVE SHIT plays. Seriously, worth the $20 for the soundtrack alone.

https://soundcloud.com/makeupandvanitys ... igador-ost

Check it.
I'd been following the development of this one for a while and its good. I happened to come across your stream on youtube while looking for reviews (one first impressions vid was just fifteen minutes of a guy dying in the second tutorial over and over). There's a lot of variety between the different combinations of vehicle, weapons, and specials. The three factions (for whatever reason the Loyalists don't show up in freelance atm, but the spacers and corvids are there) provide different challenges to fight against.

I especially like the Mongoose powersuit+ Carlos recoilless rifle/Donkey implosion device and optic camo.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #183658

Wyzack wrote:Warsword
Oh boy, I bet you go to /mbg/ don't you?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183673

I finally beat a past in Gungeon. The true battle was getting a run good enough to beat the Dragun and not have the game crash when entering the forge or the past.

Ironically I won on the worst character, the Convict. Now I never have to play them again! AHAHAHAHAHA!
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183687

I don't like to just bang the OLD GAMES WERE HARDER drum but Brigador really nails that element of what I liked about the Strike games. They're really, really fucking hard. You have to think tactically about how you approach everything in those games as well as manage your resources and it shows in Brigador.

Thankfully they omitted the whole "need to keep finding barrels of fuel" shit that plagued Strike games but otherwise it's a bullseye hit on a sub-genre of action game that hasn't had a sequel in a long time.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #183736

Alipheese wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Warsword
Oh boy, I bet you go to /mbg/ don't you?
Actually no, I only vg for dorf fort general, and also stardew valley general back when I still played. Do they talk about war sword? I will check it out
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #183749

daily reminder i am still the undisputed dueling king in warband

ill beat anyones ass come @ me
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183767

ColonicAcid wrote:daily reminder i am still the undisputed dueling king in warband

ill beat anyones ass come @ me

>not playing the cleaned-up-for-multiplayer version
>not slaughtering peasants so you can buy fancier swords with enameled shit on them
>not riding down shitters on your trusty steed
>not getting of gudde

It's a shame War of the Roses is probably dead as fuck now.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #183801

war of the roses was not even close to warband in terms of gameplay not even close get out of here heretic

it was a garbage game and it's combat system involved far more tincanning and your weapons having no real oomph to them. if I wanted a first person medieval game i would go play chivalry
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183964

I'm going to oomph this dagger into your fucking visor you whoreson.
The game had awesome hit location accuracy and variable armor.

>if I wanted a first person-

Dude it's third-person do you even play
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #184157

Finally caved in and got gungeon.

Solid and charming so far.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #184226

then if i want to play a third person medieval fuck fest i would go play warband.

why would i regress to war of the roses. irregardless though the only thing it did better was the hit detection which was offset by the fact that everything else was utter garbo.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184317

Any competitive game which is a "I have better equipment than you because I've sunk more of my life/income into this game than you" (WotR/MMOs/Battlefield) is vastly inferior to a competitive game of the "I have better equipment because I've been blazing balls this round" (Warband/Counterstrike) sort.

Which itself is vastly inferior to the "Here's a toolbox of murder weapons. Have fun running around the map to get them before the other cunt gets them." (Q3/UT)
See TF2 at launch compared to the bloated PoS that it is today.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184487

House of the Dying Sun looks like it was purposely made for me and I keep closing and re-opening Steam in hopes that it'll finally appear in Early Access and let me purchase it.

I've seen trailers for this before and I'm excited that it's finally becoming available to play.

Fuck I need this in my body.

[youtube]56fCuO7JEy4[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #184518

Patch 3.3 hit Final Fantasy XIV, and with it came a 50% increase in land for housing. Housing plots are limited in their availability due to physical server limitations, and therefore at an incredible premium on the more populated servers. Players almost crashed the lobby server trying to log in as soon as the world servers came back online.

Somehow I got in at the tip of the wave, and was one of the first players to buy one of the new plots on the Gilgamesh server (which is the second highest pop server). I got the one I wanted too, right at the beach front. 10 steps out my door and I'm on the beach.

All new plots on Gilgamesh were gone within 15 minutes and the beach front ones within 3, so I probably used up all my luck for the next several weeks.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #184526

An0n3 wrote:House of the Dying Sun looks like it was purposely made for me and I keep closing and re-opening Steam in hopes that it'll finally appear in Early Access and let me purchase it.

I've seen trailers for this before and I'm excited that it's finally becoming available to play.

Fuck that looks like my new favorite game.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184528

Ricotez wrote:Patch 3.3 hit Final Fantasy XIV, and with it came a 50% increase in land for housing. Housing plots are limited in their availability due to physical server limitations, and therefore at an incredible premium on the more populated servers. Players almost crashed the lobby server trying to log in as soon as the world servers came back online.

Somehow I got in at the tip of the wave, and was one of the first players to buy one of the new plots on the Gilgamesh server (which is the second highest pop server). I got the one I wanted too, right at the beach front. 10 steps out my door and I'm on the beach.

All new plots on Gilgamesh were gone within 15 minutes and the beach front ones within 3, so I probably used up all my luck for the next several weeks.
I have the CE for the initial XIV around here somewhere.
I played for a bit after the whole ARR do-over.

Honestly, I had more fun at launch because I was in the Penny Arcade linkshell (or whatever they call them in XIV) and sat around as a lalafell sewing shoes in a sweatshop so our guild could have good clothes. I was one of our premiere crafters for a bit, until everyone's appetite for the game waned a bit and real life happened.

I would play it again because it's gorgeous and has some fun mechanics, but I don't know anyone who plays anymore and finding a good guild is always really awkward.
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:Fuck that looks like my new favorite game.
Right? It was known as "Enemy Starfighter" up until recently. Comes out into Early Access at 1pm today. My boner is ready. I'll probably end up streaming it tonight for my Tuesday show if you don't immediately purchase it yourself and want to see what it's like.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #184530

Hit me up if you ever start playing again, I'm M'shal Gauh on Gilgamesh. If you're also looking for a guild at that point I'm in a pretty good one for casual play, big and active without being super focused on anything, and most importantly it's almost drama free.

Keep in mind that to access most of the features of the expansion, you first have to finish the main story line up to that point. Which includes the parts that were added in all the patches between 2.0 and 3.0, which is a ton of quests, and several dungeons and boss battles. The story and content gets a LOT better in that part though. It ends on a massive bombshell with a cutscene that is an hour long (the game even warns you about that before you start it).

You can level past 50 as soon as you activate the code on your account, but most of the 3.X-exclusive stuff is locked behind that big chilly gate to Ishgard, and you won't pass through it until you reach that point in the story.

EDIT: Also, since you say you were a crafter, at level 55 you can unlock 3 crafter soulstones (similar to job soulstones) that you can assign to any of your crafting classes. With a crafter soulstone you can craft special gear that people without it can't, but you can only specialize that way in 3 of your crafting classes so you'll have to choose.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184531

If I ever wander back I'll let you know
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #184532

I've always got an itch for space combat games. Shame literally nobodies computer can run Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous is too boring. I'll probably get HoTDS just to hold me over until no man's sky comes out.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184533

I got Star Citizen running just fine but all there was to really do was roll around on the floor in the starport and crawl after people like some kind of sexual predator.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #184534

An0n3 wrote:I got Star Citizen running just fine but all there was to really do was roll around on the floor in the starport and crawl after people like some kind of sexual predator.
Stalk Citizen
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184543

X Wing Alliance is still the best space sim game to play if you want to have sweet space battles with your friends.

It's been 17 years and still nothing has beaten it.

Freespace 2 gets an honorable mention but something about it still feels kinda lackluster compared to the Star Wars series.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184549

Star Lancer was a really underrated spacesim IMO
An0n3 wrote:House of the Dying Sun looks like it was purposely made for me and I keep closing and re-opening Steam in hopes that it'll finally appear in Early Access and let me purchase it.

What is it? A Space Sim/Homeworld hybrid like Void Destroyer?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184631

I don't think it really goes much deeper than space combat. They've mentioned that you'll earn stuff for doing well that can be spent upgrading your fleet and ships but that's all.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184634

Played a bit of "Sword of Stars: The Pit" by steam sharing it from a friend. Pretty fun scifi roguelike dungeoncrawl with very complex mechanics but jesus fuck the voice acting is so goddamn bad. I cringe at almost every line
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184642

I feel like there are so many amazing and free roguelikes out there, if you're making one and putting a price-tag on it it better be REAL FUCKING GOOD.

I've played a lot of roguelikes that earned their money, but I don't think SotS:The Pit was one of them.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: