Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Anonmare » #180923

Bottom post of the previous page:

Uplink item
PDA tracker
Cheap TC item, let's say 2 TCs, that functions as a PDA cartridge. Upon inserting into your PDA, turns the screen into one akin to a pinpointer and points to another person's PDA, so long as their ringer is active. Can only track existing PDAs and if the trackee's PDA is destroyed or turned off or not on the same z-level as the tracker, displays a big question mark.
Good for hunting miners, people with altered identities but are holding onto their PDA or finding that one target who's gone braindead in a locker somewhere deep in maintenance.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #180984

and then everyone turned off their PDA at roundstart

seriously did you even think this idea through?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #181007

No one ever bothers even though the detomax is a thing
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #181047

I turn my ringer off at roundstart, the *ping* ruins my flow sometimes, but send/receive stays on. Maybe make it reliant on send/receive instead? Or just "locate a PDA, any PDA"?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #181086

Wyzack wrote:No one ever bothers even though the detomax is a thing
Having your pda explode with a stun that sometimes leads to your death and deafness is annoying, but being LITERALLY TRACKED DOWN is definitely a good motivator.

Personally I'd probably just start ditching my pda straight up if this idea was added, lol.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #181103

paprika wrote:
Having your pda explode with a stun that sometimes leads to your death and deafness is annoying, but being LITERALLY TRACKED DOWN is definitely a good motivator.

Personally I'd probably just start ditching my pda straight up if this idea was added, lol.
it wouldnt happen
maybe you would but like 99% of people wouldnt
trust me
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #181162

I meant to say send/reciever, I use ringer because it's the first thing my mind goes to. That annoying ass ping.

Plus even the most powergame-y, metagaming, no-fun stick in the mud will get bored of turning off/throwing away their PDA at the start. Plus if they do that, that's one less way they have of communicating with anyone, or at least semi-privately and few traitors will ever toss their PDA if their uplink is on it and still has TCs. It's just a feature I thought that'd be nice and wouldn't just be more tools to kill with.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #181268

Add in non hostile space fish.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #181395

Space tuna and bass

Put a fishing dock in arrivals, has a shield that keeps air in but doesn't stop things going in or out
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #181405

PKPenguin321 wrote:
paprika wrote:

it wouldnt happen
maybe you would but like 99% of people wouldnt
trust me
That or be like
OHHH MY TARGET WAS IN THE DISPOSAL ALL THE TIME SO I COULDNT FIND HIM SCREE HE WAS ALSO BRAINDED! GOON HAS THIS BAYSTATION HAS THIS WHY NOT TG!!!
The future is horrible!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #181423

Takeguru wrote:Space tuna and bass

Put a fishing dock in arrivals, has a shield that keeps air in but doesn't stop things going in or out
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/5000 never forget
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #181581

Make emagging different vending machines give out different low "cost" Syndicate-themed items.
This kind of exists already but only for the cigarette machine which vends out 6 packs of syndismokes marked as "unknown". Like;
  • A coffee machine gives you Syndi-brand coffee laced with small amounts of Leporazine.
  • A soda drinks machine gives you a can of thermite in an unbranded can.
  • A snacks machine gives you Syndicate donk pockets (coming in their own red and black packaging) which contain more powerful healing agents than your typical heated pocket.
  • A Medivend (+ wall variant) allows it to dispense stimpacks.
  • A kitchen vendor lets it dispense throwing stars.
  • A Booze-O-Mat gives beer laced with small amounts of chloral hydrate.
  • A Sec-Tec vends 10mm magazines.
  • A Engi-vend will dispense only one unit of C4.
  • A You-Tool dispenses combat gloves.
  • A Clothesmat lets you vend a genuine Tactical Turtleneck.
That's all I can think of so far, I know I missed a few vendors.
Last edited by Anonmare on Sun May 29, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #181583

There's mining vendors, prison sustenance vendors, vendomats, the autodrobe and the magivend.
Also, BODA.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #181605

DemonFiren wrote:There's mining vendors, prison sustenance vendors, vendomats, the autodrobe and the magivend.
Also, BODA.
Mining vendors have got a fair decent amount of stuff already, maybe a Syndicate softsuit in classic red for half the points of a mining hardsuit?
Vendomat's also a hard one, it's a pretty generic vendor that dispenses things like signalers and is easy to access. Maybe a military belt? Only thing I can think of and that barely gets purchased and it's a big red "valid me" sign but very still efficient for carrying items
Prison Sustenance is easy, knock-off Syndi space suit for sure with a bit of slowdown.
Autodrobe could have a replica Nuke OP's hardsuit. Not spaceworthy and low armour values (30 Melee_resist, 30 Energy_resist 10 Ballistic_resist) but could be fun for the Clown to prank someone with or get low quality but incredibly valid armour from
Magivend only exists on the Wiz spaceship so I'm free to make it churn out Wands of Death because only the most maddest of Wizards would ever try to bring it with them AND get it emagged.
BODA, hm, maybe moist nuggets? It's basically only found on the derelict and I don't think you can manufacture mosin nagant ammo on station.

Oh shit I forgot Hydroponics.

Seed vendor I'd say gets gets low-to-no mutation kudzu. You're unlikely to overrun the station with it but you might get people ruffled.
Plant tool vendor I'm having a hard time with. Maybe a whetstone for their hatchet? Honestly stumped for that.

I don't wanna overly use actual traitor items since people will just buy an emag and use them on the vending machines otherwise. If I do use traitor items, they'll have to be worked for, liek the Sec-Tec in the midst of security.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #181648

Cool ideas, but this would make the emag even more of a must buy for all the free loot
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #181652

Magivends can actually be found on mining now, being able to get yourself a bunch of free wands of death might be a bit much for traitors.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #181730

BODA should clearly vend a Nagant revolver.

Because a two-click-to-crit gun that can be silenced won't ever be a problem. Ever.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #182080

Anonmare wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:There's mining vendors, prison sustenance vendors, vendomats, the autodrobe and the magivend.
Also, BODA.

Seed vendor I'd say gets gets low-to-no mutation kudzu. You're unlikely to overrun the station with it but you might get people ruffled.
That's one DNA manipulation away from being station eating rapist vines. Gat fruit seeds maybe?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #182148

Power cells should EXPLODE when exposed to fire or another explosion! The greater the stored charge, the greater the boom!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #182207

Reece wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
Also, BODA.

That's one DNA manipulation away from being station eating rapist vines. Gat fruit seeds maybe?
Gatfruit literally grows revolvers, I'd rather take on a station infested with aggressive, bluespace, hardened, thorny, poisonous, O2 consuming, CO2 producing, flowering vines than someone who has backpacks of revolvers.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #182339

Resident Bug and Balance Tester Mekhi informed me that two EMP kits plus a space suit is enough to reliably kill an AI without giving it much ability of fighting back. Well, beyond getting lucky with machine override knockdowns and having cyborgs, assumign they don't pop off a bunch of EMP implants before you can override.

So I'm re-proposing the AI core upgrade but explicitly for EMP resilience, plus fortifying the APC it's hooked up to. Willing to upgrade the cost to 60-70 cycles, almost half that of the Nuke countdown.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #182382

Anonmare wrote:Resident Bug and Balance Tester Mekhi informed me that two EMP kits plus a space suit is enough to reliably kill an AI without giving it much ability of fighting back. Well, beyond getting lucky with machine override knockdowns and having cyborgs, assumign they don't pop off a bunch of EMP implants before you can override.

So I'm re-proposing the AI core upgrade but explicitly for EMP resilience, plus fortifying the APC it's hooked up to. Willing to upgrade the cost to 60-70 cycles, almost half that of the Nuke countdown.
Auctally i killed tge ai with just 4 emp grenades completly drained the smes and apc at 4% was just a waiting game till it ran out of power
The future is horrible!
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #182385

AI killing has always been easy
takes like 4-6 tc of gear to have ~100% success rate.
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #182413

Be able to hook up space heaters to wire for power
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #182482

Add 0'01% getting tripped while running on wire
The future is horrible!
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #182483

When there is no air there should be no sound.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #182486

If you suffocate you shouldnt be able to talk or just talk very badly because realism
The future is horrible!
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #182984

What do you lot think of me making wizard fireball an aimed projectile, as I am currently doing for Xeno spit? Ninja's star can also be added to this system as well. I wanted to know your thoughts on the matter - as making a dumbfire projectile into a properly aimed one is a rather significant buff!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #183058

Gun Hog wrote:What do you lot think of me making wizard fireball an aimed projectile, as I am currently doing for Xeno spit? Ninja's star can also be added to this system as well. I wanted to know your thoughts on the matter - as making a dumbfire projectile into a properly aimed one is a rather significant buff!
i actually have this old thing in my todo list that makes it so that if you have an empty hand and use the fireball spell, the fireball goes in your hand and sets you to throw mode
Spoiler:
Midaychi
Byond Username: Amidaychi

Post by Midaychi » #183062

You could make all aimed wizard spells summon a ball of magical energy in their hand, which can be dropped or disarmed to dissipate, and they have to aim and shoot it like a gun to use it.
Could even switch from a timer-based magic system to a recharging mana-based system, and the spell would draw from the mana pool ninja-style.
Midaychi
Byond Username: Amidaychi

Post by Midaychi » #183097

Bag of holding upgrade: Pocket of holding.

It works like a Bag of holding, except that if you click and drag a mob or corpse or whatever into it, it takes about 5 seconds of standing still before they get teleported to a room on a separate pocket dimension. In the dimension is basically a bare medium sized room with atmosphere and indestructible walls and general teleport protection. The only exception to the wall is a single airlock, which leads out into a void. Entering the void teleports you back to the bag's location on the station dimension. There is a wall locker that lets you access the inventory of the station-side pocket of holding bag.

Dragging yourself into the bag does the same, but the bag always stays on the station dimension and doesn't travel through with you.

The room counts as an area and you can construct an apc there and power it, and use it as your little abduction bat cave.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #183258

A department competition gamemode

Nanotrasen is hosting a "friendly" competition between all the departments to give the station denizens incentive to be more productive, the prizes for winning the competition being a gold trophy and a celebratory cake or something stupid like that

Unfortunately for Nanotrasen, they underestimate their employees lust for competition. The point of the gamemode is to reach MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY POINTS for your department by finishing objectives and tasks. Each department head is tasked with kidnapping assistants and forcing them into employment, usually doing everyone's dirty work. When the majority of objectives are finished, nanotrasen will send a victory shuttle full of prizes for the department with the most achievements and the round ends when everyone's brought back to central command
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #183448

Add a air injectlpr f pi r the big xenobio pen so i can safely inject plasma/Bz for my xenos/slimes
The future is horrible!
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #183548

Ezel wrote:Add a air injectlpr f pi r the big xenobio pen so i can safely inject plasma/Bz for my xenos/slimes
The fuck? Did you have a stroke?
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #183561

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
Ezel wrote:Add a air injectlpr f pi r the big xenobio pen so i can safely inject plasma/Bz for my xenos/slimes
The fuck? Did you have a stroke?
Yes
The future is horrible!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #183754

make it state where the AI is when it goes delta.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #183764

You mean like the room it's in? Cause the AI can't go delta off z-level or in an APC.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #184023

ya
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #184270

use the pinpointer
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #184943

PKPenguin321 wrote: i actually have this old thing in my todo list that makes it so that if you have an empty hand and use the fireball spell, the fireball goes in your hand and sets you to throw mode
Throwable fireballs sounds great. To add to this: Dropping it or 'using' it does not attack but instead puts the fireball on the ground like a mine. Weaker in damage(?) with no ko but causes a brief, larger fire on the 3x3 tiles around it while doing a brief knockdown stun. You would be on fire, but without ko, you shouldn't outright die once you stand up and roll yourself out. Except the ones who actually step on the fire-mine. They get the harsher explosion at the 1-tile range and can lose limbs. The mine shouldn't be permanent in the slightest with a lifespan shorter than the fireball cooldown.

And here is another idea of mine from elsewhere,
Gamarr wrote:Some lavaland/'random' sleepers and-or Shaft Miners get a volleyball with a face upon spawn. Using it is like asking for a pAI, except if the ghost accepts, they can now talk to just the creator of the volleyball, who likewise is the only one who can hear them. No, no pAI functionality. This is purely a talking volleyball idea for the hermits that need them most.
My text perhaps was confusing; I intend the volleyball/coconut/calcified Ash Walker Egg to only be able to communicate with its creator, much like holoparasites can. The creator Human however, can only 'hear' his friend. He has to speak like normal, meaning anyone who sees him sees... him... talking to the air.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #184947

Gamarr wrote:
Gamarr wrote:Some lavaland/'random' sleepers and-or Shaft Miners get a volleyball with a face upon spawn. Using it is like asking for a pAI, except if the ghost accepts, they can now talk to just the creator of the volleyball, who likewise is the only one who can hear them. No, no pAI functionality. This is purely a talking volleyball idea for the hermits that need them most.
My text perhaps was confusing; I intend the volleyball/coconut/calcified Ash Walker Egg to only be able to communicate with its creator, much like holoparasites can. The creator Human however, can only 'hear' his friend. He has to speak like normal, meaning anyone who sees him sees... him... talking to the air.
yeah that's what I meant actually make a page to suggest this PLEASE.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184951

Add an interaction to the menu when you drag someone's sprite on to yourself that allows you to light an unlit cigarette or cigar for them with a flame source you are holding. Kind of like how we have a special button there for setting internals
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184952

Help Intent > Target mouth > Attack them with lit lighter
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #184954

Wyzack wrote:Add an interaction to the menu when you drag someone's sprite on to yourself that allows you to light an unlit cigarette or cigar for them with a flame source you are holding. Kind of like how we have a special button there for setting internals
Can't you do that already by aiming for their mouths and then attacking them with an active lighter?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184955

Welp, turns out i am clueless. Ignore my post
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Reece

Post by Reece » #185544

Emag Lamarrs cage for a fully working Facehugger.
Cherrypone
Byond Username: Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #185868

The PANDEMIC machine should be upgradable by research so that you can see the exact stats of diseases as well as see viruses with higher stealth in the machine.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #186440

Throw in an extra chem storage on box that's not public. Why? Because there's some chems that you just don't want some random assistant to grab. Throw in some left over oil, aceton, etc. for later use. Store some extra unstable mutagen for virologists and botanists so instead of having to drop everything to make some for them you can just walk over and pop out some you've already made for them. Basically it'd be a way to save a bit of space for all those extra chems you might have lying around.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #188409

Remove syndiepins being standard in syndieguns
Add a box of syndiepins to the syndieuplink for 1-5 tc

if they get cucked and their gun disarmed its their fault anyyyways
if they want snowflake safety they must paaaay
The future is horrible!
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #188418

Are you the guy who one click pushed me, stole my gun, tried to shoot me, failed and got killed by my sidearm?
Bring back papercult.

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #188427

InsaneHyena wrote:Are you the guy who one click pushed me, stole my gun, tried to shoot me, failed and got killed by my sidearm?
Nope i was the guy with a sword that was fighting a nuke op in bridge and got killed but hey i got a point
The future is horrible!