Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Talk about video games here
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Post by DemonFiren » #183711

Bottom post of the previous page:

An0n3 wrote:If you went to the mushroom forest to the north, the koosh zone is to the east. there's a bigass drop down to it.

Be warned the koosh zone is full of angry assholes. Nothing as big and bad as the reaper but there are those shocking eel things and sharks all over the place.

Reminded of our earlier talk about underwater physics: I'm surprised the repulsion cannon doesn't just wreck whatever you shoot it at. The concussive effect it produces, combined with the way water transfers energy, should result in anything you fire it at getting really fucked up.
Maybe not the current propulsion cannon, but I bet the one the mech gets will.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #183798

Nabbed my seamoth upgrade station legit, also got the stasis rifle blueprints and found an errant chunk of cyclops engine, probably because i was bordering the mountains. Once i get my seamoth all pimped out i guess my next step is to try and get to the underwater islands without getting eaten so i can finish up the cyclops, engine is the only piece i don't have yet.

I find that other then reapers the wildlife dont give me too much trouble. As long as they dont sneak up on me and scare the fuck out of me i can kinda just bounce em away with my repulsion rifle

EDIT: Got all the engine pieces. God damn bonesharks are such assholes. Luckily i can roadkill them with my seamoth and then just weld up the vents. Time to build me a fuckhuege explorer sub
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #183821

I am disgusted that you can't swap scanner room upgrades.
I suppose that's a bug, but my disgust remains.

Also, until I finished my interior decorating it's never dawned on my how comfy the Cyclops can be. All it needs now is a mini-biogenerator and I'm set for when the chargers are inevitably nerfed (as it stands now a cyclops will never run out of energy because chargers recharge cells faster than they drain them, compare to SS13.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #183829

Wait, can you install cell chargers inside the Cyclops?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #183832

I do have to say that I am amused by the incomplete exosuit. When you attempt to dock the exosuit in it(which it allows) Physics... happens. Technically it also works in a moonpool. But I tried one and then it disappeared after I opened a door.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #183982

An0n3 wrote:Wait, can you install cell chargers inside the Cyclops?
It even was in the update video.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183994

DemonFiren wrote:
...but...where the fuck does the charger draw power from?

That doesn't make any sense.

It's the equivalent of plugging an extension cable into itself for infinite electricity.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #184004

An0n3 wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
...but...where the fuck does the charger draw power from?

That doesn't make any sense.

It's the equivalent of plugging an extension cable into itself for infinite electricity.
Exactly.
Do it now before it gets nerfed.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #184037

same technology that makes the cell chargers on space station 13 charge cells faster than they drain power from the APC
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184060

Finally got me a cyclops, busy tricking it out so that it is more or less self sufficient (other than needing to go back to my shallows base to stock up food and stuff). Where should i go now that i have this mean machine?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184092

Floating island so you can get fruit tree seeds and the grow beds to plant them in... on your sub.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184118

Ricotez wrote:same technology that makes the cell chargers on space station 13 charge cells faster than they drain power from the APC
They do that now? I remember ages ago you could fuck the whole station over if you went and plugged a cell into the charger in engineering at round start. The APC would get murdered before we could fire the singularity up and everyone would have to start scrambling to get it replaced before people caught on and rioted.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184202

Emitters run off SMESes now so engi APC doesn't die as fast.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184215

Malkevin wrote:Emitters run off SMESes now so engi APC doesn't die as fast.
Ahh, kids these days will never know the joy of caressing your engineer across the skull with a wrench because he plugged a cell in for his stun gloves too early.

Singulo hungers, fellow yellow.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #184232

An0n3 wrote:
Ricotez wrote:same technology that makes the cell chargers on space station 13 charge cells faster than they drain power from the APC
They do that now? I remember ages ago you could fuck the whole station over if you went and plugged a cell into the charger in engineering at round start. The APC would get murdered before we could fire the singularity up and everyone would have to start scrambling to get it replaced before people caught on and rioted.
I'm not sure about right now, but for a while chargers said "fuck you" to thermodynamics and created energy from nothing when charging cells. It was entirely possible to keep a department powered through a crisis by just endlessly cycling 2 cells between the APC and the charger.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184318

not to mention robotics produces cells fully charged - which are atleast 10 times higher capacity than the original apc cells.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184505

Just fuck all my shit up

Just fucking ruin it

Just

https://soundcloud.com/kamakazi/seadragon
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #184563

Spoiler:
[youtube]-_4Wqm_zhIY[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #184569

An0n3 wrote:Just fuck all my shit up

Just fucking ruin it

Just

https://soundcloud.com/kamakazi/seadragon
YEESH

COLD FUCKIN' SWEAT
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184570

Finally explored the Aurora now that i have my reaper-proof sub. Got to see some of the big fuckers up close, they really like trying to chew on the keel cam. Got some free upgrades and fixed the reactor core, looking to build a nice deepsea base somewhere now, preferably near hot vents for free power but i could also go nuclear as i have a decent stock of Uranium. Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe the Grand Reef, with a comfy window overlooking a herd of sea treaders.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184571

Also holy fuck that sea dragon sounds like it is in extreme pain
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #184937

/scaly/ is very excited for that dragon update.
Spoiler:
As is /vore/.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185131

You know what i'm hoping for?
Some sort of docking station for the Cyclops.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #185147

It's coming

Although it's more of a hitching post than an actual dock
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #185149

Yeah, i imagine it will be more like an airplane's boarding tunnel thing than anything else.

I hope they add a module for the seamoth that allows you to pick up items without getting out. I want to eventually get to a point where i never have to actually leave my seabases/subs
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #185156

So you're asking for basically a giant vacuum cleaner for your sub
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185157

That's what the Exosuit will be for.

Board from your habitat into the Cyclops, board from the Cyclops into the Exosuit, ejecting into the sea, wander around gathering using the internal storage, return to the Cyclops when finished and drive home.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #185187

Oh yeah i forgot the exosuit is habbening soon. I mean more along the lines of robot pincher hands that stick out the front of the seamoth and grab stuff
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185205

Fish ticklers come standard on the Exosuit
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #185251

Messed around with the experimental build.
Exosuit is going to fucking bad ass.

Hope they don't nerf the jump jet upgrade, with it I was able to go from my base 200m down to about 10m in the air with fuel to spare.

Got a drill upgrade to mine outcroppings, doesn't currently work but its hands can pick up salt deposits and dead fish etc
Tried to pet my pet stalker with it but... well bad things happened... to the stalker.

Its got a pretty sizable internal storage, picked up items probably go straight into it - not sure though, didn't get a chance to check because then I tried out docking with my cyclops the cyclops starting break dancing with enough force that I was thrown straight out of the sub and then batted clean out of the water about 50 meters airborne.
Its still spinning...
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #185256

CLANG strikes again
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185262

Note to self: never go wreck diving without a reel ever again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185320

Took a peak at their progress and roadmap stuff. saw this gem buried in there. You can make out the description text:

Fucking.wonderful.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #185321

Are those things a reference to something because I don't get it?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185324

Sarcastic joy over more creepy underwater bullshit that wants to eat you.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #185326

The UI looks like it's from SWTOR

Doesn't it also say Hutta? Nal Hutta?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #185417

That screenshot is actually from SWTOR, know from experience. That screen's been there so long, like wayyyy before Subnautica was even playable. They've just been using it as an idea forever.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185456

Well I hope they never get around to it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185957

Spears.
What we definitely do need is spears, maybe as another survival knife upgrade.
Stabbing things from range would be awfully practical for gardening. You know, acid mushroom spores.
Also for not getting bitten to death.

That aside, been cruising around in my cyclops home, eating lantern fruit, drinking my own piss and breaking the laws of physics to never run out of power. Intend to find and stasis a Reaper for that scan data.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194596

Looks like they're done a lot of work on the exosuits.
Docking is still using the seamoth's as a placeholder though... so shit breaks badly if you use it.

But anyway, looks like the basic model is finished.
It starts off with two hands which you can use for grabbing stuff and punching fish in the face.

It arm has its own upgrade slot for equiping various handbits.
You've got the torpedo launcher (same as the moth's - currently broke)
Empty you have the Rocky hands
Theres a drill which can drill fish (not as good as punch punch punch though) but not much else currently
Propulsion cannon which is basically HL2's grav gun - can grab shit and store it on your storage for later lobbing at fish, grabbing range is a bit shit though.
Grapple.... this is a cannon that fires a grappling hook which will drop your exo towards the hook - can detach mid flight to jet boost at speed - should be good for getting around places, especially paired with upgraded jets.

Modules, looks like you'll be able to equip some but not all of the moth's upgrades.
Basically any upgrade that doesn't have Seamoth in it will work.
So thats depth, storage (increases the size of the back-mounted bay), armor, and power eff
Can not use Seamoth's sonar which is a shame. Or solar upgrade, but does have a thermal recharger for use near thermal vents.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194637

Stop eating so much fatty

Remember, don't swim for half an hour after you eat or you get cramp.

Also fish respawn now
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194657

Solar panels got real models last patch.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194692

900m is the current base crush depth for the exo

Can go to 1050 with an upgrade but the upgrades dont stack#

Edit: So yeah one dumb thing.
You know the rocky outcrops you can smash apart with the butt of your probably sensitive handheld scanner or even your bare hands?
Yeah, the exo's fists of fury can't break those.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194705

I always thought it was kinda funny that you just smash whatever you're holding against a fucking rock to dig for stuff.

Unfortunately when you're holding a fish he doesn't clobber it against the outcropping but it defaults to you tinking away at it with some invisible pick instead.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #194767

I like to think he bites it would explain leaking air faster than a popped balloon
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #199048

Little birdy tells me the next update should be out some time next week.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199132

Literally every time someone posts in this thread I think "whoops, looks like an update dropped".

I've yet to be wrong.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #199159

Sweeeeet. I love this game, very relaxing (kinda). Though I really wish they'd add a co-op to it, but from what I can see thats not even on the table.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199167

Far future.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #200585

Apparently there won't be an update this week... or this month after all :(
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200609

Last time I trusted you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: