Post by Timbrewolf » #186505

Bottom post of the previous page:

GRAND DAD
20160613133637_1.jpg
20160613133641_1.jpg
20160613133645_1.jpg
20160613133648_1.jpg
Nothing in the Fugitive tree.

Wear ICTV. Equip Crew Chief deck. Doctor's Bags in your primary equip and FAK's as your secondary.
This build lacks any kind of damage buff so you're going to equip something that has inherently high accuracy and damage so you can put down enemies on DW. Recommend weapons liked the 308 or Eagle Heavy. Secondary should either be the RPG-7 or something that's ammo positive like the Locomotive.

Things you do:
Take a ton of hostages, giving everyone a damage reduction for each one
Convert two SWATS to fight for you, which gives you a HUGE HP increase and passive HP regen
Shout your teammates up from the furthest distance possible
One man ambulance worth of healing items for your whole crew

Things you struggle with:
Ammo can be an issue for you
No damage buffs means you'll need to be on point with those headshots
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Re: Payday 2

Post by XSI » #186518

The ton of hostages only works on maps with civs to take hostage
That said it is pretty useful on every map that has them

The ammo issue you can fix easily by bringing a friend with ammo bags. And there's a lot of ways to become completely ammo neutral for many builds, just costs you some points
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #186543

You'd be surprised. I got us up to 8 hostages + my two converts on Slaughterhouse.

All cops. No civvies.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186572

It's true, though I'm not sure how much I noticed the buffs from it. Might have just been too preoccupied.

Anyone up for it tonight?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186576

It's quite significant. With the maximum of 10 hostages and two jokered guys this build gives:

+30% health on self for having a convert
+10% speed for having a convert
+4.5% health regen every 5 seconds on self (it's like I'm really using the muscle deck!) for having a convert
+20% health on everyone for having 10 hostages
+40% stamina for having 10 hostages
+10% armor on self for testudo
+15% armor on everyone else for testudo
+20% health on self for wolf pack
+10% health on everyone else for wolf pack
+50% stamina for everyone for Marathon Man
+16% damage reduction for everyone (24% on self when HP is 50% or less)
+4 damage absorption for having 8+ hostages

So in total:

Your health goes up +70%
Your armor goes up +10%
Your stamina goes up +90%
Your speed goes up +10%
You get +4.5% health for every 5 seconds
You have 4 points of damage absorption and 16% damage reduction (potentially 24% when you really need it)

Everyone else gets
+30% health
+15% armor
+90% stamina
4 points of damage absorption and 16% damage reduction

Plus you can yell at them from REALLY far away (+75% distance) to make them go faster or revive.

You wont notice it because numbers aren't flying out of you all the time, and this game doesn't have status icons flashing at you MMO style, but it's pretty huge.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #186617

Oh, right. I forgot that you can actually make more than one cop surrender now

Very useful on practically every map then.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186620

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #186627

I've been having fun with a new sentry build. It isn't exactly the most efficient in terms of weapons for placing the turrets, but it does the job. And to not be a complete shitter that doesn't provide for the team I throw on an ammo bag as secondary instead of going full retard with 6 turrets. Got maniac as the perk deck just so that the turret spam has a direct effect on crew survivability. I probably need to choose different guns for it to be DW viable since I'm running Bootleg and Krinkov. On the right heists, it basically has a permanent maximum hysteria stacks at any one time.

But yeah, 4 turrets is more than enough. Especially for things like Counterfeit, it frees up the rest of the crew for the printing shit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186631

Looking through the other guides available, a lot of these builds are really shit.

There's a lot of stuff in here labeled as good on Deathwish that definitely aren't.
Stuff that might put out a ton of damage but has no survivability at all and doesn't contribute anything to the team.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186632

One question with your skills though, any reason you went with Die Hard instead of Transporter? Does the ICTV actually get buffed by Die Hard aced or something?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186635

No, it doesn't, but it's a points dump so you can get to the ICTV

It's 50% damage reduction while interacting with objects + something totally useless
vs.
50% farther bag tossing and a boost to speed while running bags

In my (totally unpopular) opinion transporter is neat but not as clutch as the 50% damage reduction while interacting. I know everyone loves transporter but I'd rather be able to calmly finish activating a mission object while under fire (then run back to cover) then be able to run around tossing bags faster.

Transporter gives people the false hope that they can start running bags around during assaults on DW. It doesn't. You will still die, you'll just get further before being gunned down. Day 1 rats is a great example of this. Transporter does not let you run bags from the house to the van during an assault. You will still get slaughtered. Day 1 watchdogs you will still get slaughtered. Vice versa during a period of calm when everyone is going to run bags transporter isn't clutch it's just a convenience thing.

Meanwhile the 50% damage reduction DOES let you run out during an assault and fix a drill. Pick a door open. Hack a computer. You can finish one of these things, then run back to cover or get shouted up if its too heavy. The 50% damage reduction enables clutch plays like these. The Aced ability does fucking nothing for this build, sure, but we don't have the points to get one level of Die Hard and then ace Transporter to unlock ICTV.

If you ever have one of those OH SHIT moments where you are the last one standing on your team and you are racing to finish using a FAK while all the remaining cops are shooting the shit out of you so you can heal up then shout up a teammate who shouts up someone else, etc. Like...damn that 50% reduction is fucking great.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186636

Perhaps removing the ace from Die Hard, and get the basic Transporter and ace resilience. The bag tossing will at least be useful, and the whole flashbang thing will definitely help a fuckton, especially on DW where those things are being handed out like candy. The build listed was at level 99, so you should have the extra point needed once you reach 100
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186639

IIRC 100 is three points. One for the level up and 2 more bonus points.

So you could ditch the ace, drop the ghost points, and get aced transporter instead.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186641

I dunno. I feel the ghost stuff might be kinda necessary since without it you'll be slow as fuck. Having more movement speed is more important than removing bag movement pentalties. Especially since the only things that transporter aced will really help with are bags of gold and servers.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186645

It is a pretty big bonus to move speed though. Like potentially 30% depending on buffs.

I'm glad you pointed that out because it is worth rethinking. It's just my personal pref.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #186704

Dodge builds, at least crook builds, love the shit out of grandad, because they care a lot about both sides of the buff and the damage reduction on top! They are basically the grandkids running around being little scamps and bringing gifts (read: Hostages) back to grandad while his coffee kicks in for the morning.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186705

Dodge builds that are spec'ed to shoot while sprinting to get the highest possible dodge% will gain significantly. Congrats, here's almost DOUBLE YOUR STAMINA HOOOOOOLY SHIT.

Grinders, Muscles, Ex-Presidents, Maniacs, and Infiltrators will all get a pretty direct buff to their tank as well.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186768

Shotgun flechettes are hilariously good. Shooting down snipers with them is great.

Ex-President hasn't been working too well for me so far, but it could be because I don't have it maxed yet. Maybe I should stick with Gambler until I get it leveled up more.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186821

I'm up for playing tonight if folks are down.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186827

Sure thing. I'll be in around 9.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186828

I'd be up for it. Wouldn't mind not needing to slum with the pubbies for a goddamn change.

EDIT: Might as well throw up my more serious build for critique and all that fun stuff

Enforcer:
Spoiler:
Technician:
Spoiler:
Ghost:
Spoiler:
Still got no idea on what weapon to use as a primary, although for the secondary I've taken a shine to the Krinkov since it's an SMG (that auto fire for the skills) that also has decent ammo economy since its firing rate is easy to control. Pretty much just have 4 turrets in primary slot, ammo secondary. Then it's a simple case of placing turrets well so they kill things to keep those hysteria stacks up while running about doing objectives and providing backup wherever needed.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186865

Fuck it, updating mine now. I will probably start earlier than 9 since i have not played in a long ass time and have no idea what to build. I might be a slight burden to the team at first
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186869

Oh man, the Krinkov is great. I used to use that as my secondary on my LMG build. It's super-accurate and hits hard, and its magazine is massive. The only problem is you can't carry a ton of ammo for it, but as K-64 said, it's really easy to control.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186871

Okay i am fucking completely overwhelmed by all this new shit. Should i just pick one of the builds people have posted in here and start building that? I used to go mostly mastermind tree with the streyr aug and raging bull as my guns, lots of headshots
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186872

I would probably say to try and recreate the main parts of what you used to have since chances are you'll be able to get the fundamentals of it easily enough with the new trees, and then see what to put the spare points into that looks useful and see if it works. Might not be the most elegant solution but tweaking builds doesn't tend to be elegant in the first place anyway.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186873

That is kinda what i figured, started doing that anyways. I have no perk points, I assume i get those as i play? And what perk deck would work well with my doctor rifleman kinda build?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186876

I would go with something that either supports the team like Gambler, or increases your own survivability like Muscle maybe? Something with some form of health regen means that you wouldn't need to rely on your own meds as often, meaning more for the rest of the team if needed.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186878

Alright, i think i am good to go. Hit me up on steam when we are gonna play, just gonna run some mount and blade in the meantime
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #186889

I'm down for some Payday if you'll have me. Just like... drop a line or something.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186896

Are we friends on steam? If not ad me, Wyzack
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186903

I'm on discord hanging out if people want to PRAY GAEM
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186904

how do i into discord? Is it just a program like teamspeak?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186908

Yep. You can run it in a browser window as well. It's growing on me. Has a lot of neat integrated features specifically for gaming.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186909

Well i am ready to shoot cops and stuff. How do i find you on it?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #186930

Tightest crew ever! Let no one claim that deathwish is hard!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186932

[youtube]nF-xdiL7Nr0[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186934

That was some seriously tight heistery. Despite being the highest level nolifer there, I was being told what to do on DW because I've literally only done a few stealthy heists and Mallcrasher on DW. And Mallcrasher is just a breeze either way. Turning the corpse limiter off also caused areas to look like mass graves extremely quickly
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186995

I AM PRESIDENT OF SHOTGUN

Hitting 10+ people at once in the stairwell on that escape mission with my incendiary rounds was horrific and beautiful at the same time. LIGHT UP THE NIIIIGHT
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #186996

Back when I played Deathwish was not as hard so long as you were well equipped and had a competent team............

Back then I used a Dodging build using duel pistols and no armour to dodge and weave in and out.

Is that kind of build, a dodge akimbo build, still viable on Deathwish? Anything's viable on Overkill but Deathwish demanded you really get a good set up going.
XSI

Post by XSI » #187007

Dodge is viable, but slightly nerfed

It comes in other forms now, no more unarmoured suits
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #187012

I main dodge builds.

They are no longer totally immortal. They are now just quasi immortal and making a mistake will put you down.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #187043

If people are up for it again tonight, I'm game. I may switch out my incendiary rounds, though, since they seemed to be getting in GRAND DAD's way.

I'm thinking of making a dodge build that focuses on utilizing the bonus damage to silenced weapons that the Ghost tree has to pour on LODS OF ADAMG. Any thoughts?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #187064

I'm down for it, trying to build some sort of runnin' and gunnin' Contra/Metal Slug machine gun type guy.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #187077

A silenced Judge with exploding rounds is a thing you can do and it's so fucking dumb and it works
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #187078

EndgamerAzari wrote:A silenced Judge with exploding rounds is a thing you can do and it's so fucking dumb and it works

Save for the silencer that's pretty much my secondary right now.
K-64

Post by K-64 » #187082

It is an absolutely amazing weapon for killing shields and weakening dozers. Before the skills revamp my weapons were usually a Mosconi and HE Judge.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #187091

I used the Judge as my secondary on my akimbo build, and since this is something of a rehash of it, I thought "what the hell, let's see if this works. There's no way suppressors are compatible with explosive ammo." I was wrong. While the suppressor I'm using makes the gun look more like metal bar than a weapon, the almost-silent 'phunt' followed by the near-inaudible explosion of the round is absolutely hilarious.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #187301

Biker pack is here. According to a post on /r/paydaytheheist, here's what the perk deck does:
The Biker perk deck:
T1: Prospect- +5 health and +5 armor every time you or your crew gets a kill. Can occur 10 times every 30 seconds.

T3: Tail Gunner- Increased the amount of armor gained per kill by 1 per 10% health missing (AKA if you have 80% of your max health, you will gain 7 armor instead of 5.)

T5: Road Captain- Reduces cooldown for Prospect by 1 second per 10% health missing. (if you have 80% health, then Prospect can occur 10 times every 28 seconds.)

T7: Sgt-At-Arms- Increases amount of health gained by 1 per kill per 10% of armor missing. (This one is weird, as armor amounts fluxuate a lot)

T9: Prez- Reduces the 30 second cooldown by 1 second per 10% of armor missing. (I have no idea how this one will work, and when it'll check for your armor amount.)

EDIT: with suit, if your armor is broken and anyone gets a kill you will usually just instantly gain 75% of your armor, this pack seems almost broken when it comes to armor gating
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #187303

Immediately purchased both. TIME 2 GRIND.

That perk deck looks really fucking insane combined with Frenzy/Berzerker.

You'll be permanently capped at 50% life, meaning every kill you or anyone else gets grants you 10 armor, up to 100 armor every 30 seconds.

If you're running Bullseye Aced, using Overkill, and wielding the new shotgun your damage output is going to be pants-on-head retarded while your armor regen should be enough to sustain you and the missing 50% health wont matter much from the constant dings you'll be granted from your perk deck.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187304

Noice. I want to buy it just to be ron perlman

Also can you guys recommend a couple DLC? I have some extra steambux but the amount of DLC for this game is so huge i dont want to buy garbage
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #187305

1) Courier mods. #1 must have DLC for the amount of insanely good add-ons it brings to the game.
2) Overkill DLC. Gets you the chaingun (kinda meh) and the RPG-7 (god-tier must have weapon)
3) Shotgun DLC. All them shells baybee. Weapons are all okay, but the shells are really the important get.
4) Ak/Car pack, if you use those weapons. Elevates the weapons in those packs to god-tier. The AMR-16 especially.
5) Other character DLC you may not have. Get them perk decks.
6) The BBQ pack gets you the flamethrower (it's FUN) the stakeout AA-12 (it's FUN and REALLY GOOD) and a grenade launcher (kinda meh but still FUN). Also gives you molotovs to throw, incendiary grenade rounds, and dragon's breath shotgun rounds (all of which kill my hostages and make me cry)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: