What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by Timbrewolf » #184642

Bottom post of the previous page:

I feel like there are so many amazing and free roguelikes out there, if you're making one and putting a price-tag on it it better be REAL FUCKING GOOD.

I've played a lot of roguelikes that earned their money, but I don't think SotS:The Pit was one of them.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #184644

That's actually the first positive endorsement I've heard of that game, though admittedly I haven't exactly been looking. I think I actually own it, maybe I should give it a try and FORM MY OWN OPINION AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184647

It has a ton of crunch, although it may just seem that way because I have not played it a ton yet. For example everything has durability, but i am about ten levels down with my shit all degrading and I have no idea how to repair it. Crafting seems to all be done with stationary workbenches and stuff but you either need to guess all the recipes or look at the horrid wiki charts. Despite all this (holy shit I cannot overstate how shitty the voice acting is) it is still pretty fun
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #184648

I played the shit out of Gotcha Force. I'm IMMUNE to shitty voice acting.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #184707

Did some bounty hunting in Elite last night. It feels better than it used to be. Being a weirdo using dumbfire rockets too. they work well, but they're hard to aim.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #184982

Turns out missiles overall got a buff. Using them in pve is now viable.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #184988

Pretty much done with HackNet now. Only one achievement to go.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #184995

>You're an achievement whore

Dot dot dot
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185103

Is there a problem with getting as much as possible out of a game?

Is there a problem with taking every possible route? Getting every last achievement? Setting milestones? Hacking that CCC server and getting traced back four or five times for the sole reward of a theme?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #185124

DemonFiren wrote:Is there a problem with getting as much as possible out of a game?

Is there a problem with taking every possible route? Getting every last achievement? Setting milestones? Hacking that CCC server and getting traced back four or five times for the sole reward of a theme?
You're not supposed to enjoy the game, idiot. You're supposed to play the multiplayer only for every game ever and nothing else. It's 2016
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #185146

DemonFiren wrote:Is there a problem with getting as much as possible out of a game?

i know your type. you're, uh, very determined, aren't you? you'll never give up, even if there's, uh... absolutely NO benefit to persevering whatsoever. if i can make that clear. no matter what, you'll just keep going. not out of any desire for good or evil... but just because you think you can. and because you "can"... ... you "have to".
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #185148

I dunno, I would never play a game I hate or do something blatently unfun to get achievements but i will certainly go slightly out of my way to do so if i am still enjoying the game
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #185160

I'm a super faggot playing Osu!

Uber faggot Osu profile

Just look at how much of a faggot I am.
っぽい
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185192

Screemonster wrote:

i know your type. you're, uh, very determined, aren't you? you'll never give up, even if there's, uh... absolutely NO benefit to persevering whatsoever. if i can make that clear. no matter what, you'll just keep going. not out of any desire for good or evil... but just because you think you can. and because you "can"... ... you "have to".
Hue

IN OTHER NEWS FUCK NIGGERS GUESS WHAT'S COMING OUT AT THE END OF THE MONTH

MOTHERFUCKING ZERO ESCAPE 3 IS FUCKKKKK DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS, WE MIGHT GET TO SEE MORE OF GODLIKE WAIFU LUNA GET FUCKING HYPE MOTHERFUCKERS
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #185305

ShadowDimentio wrote:
MOTHERFUCKING ZERO ESCAPE 3 IS FUCKKKKK DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS, WE MIGHT GET TO SEE MORE OF GODLIKE WAIFU LUNA GET FUCKING HYPE MOTHERFUCKERS
I'd be hyped if I played the 2nd game, hopefully they'll release the first two games on Steam at some point.

That Torment Tides of Numenera beta is available to all backers now so I'm going to be playing that.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #185443

The Liru game came out

So uh, that
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185453

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
I'd be hyped if I played the 2nd game, hopefully they'll release the first two games on Steam at some point.

That Torment Tides of Numenera beta is available to all backers now so I'm going to be playing that.
Did I read Numenera?

Oh, man. Time to do the honking again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185461

Takeguru wrote:The Liru game came out

So uh, that
Worth the weight.

I tried playing Salt and Sanctuary some now that it's out on the PC.
Maybe if I had played it prior to DS3's release like the console peasants I might like it more.

As is I don't like anything about it. I guess the music is decent? If I had to say something nice about it it's that. It's like this whole game was made just to capitalize on pre-DS3 thirst for souls (can't stand waiting? buy my game to help pass the time for their game!) and now that I can just play DS3 this game has no redeeming value.

It's a great time to be a gamer on PC with Steam refunds basically forcing devs to let you demo their title for a short time before actually committing to buying it. In a post-demo marketplace this is arguably an even better way of doing things.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #185463

Nexendia wrote:I'm a super faggot playing Osu!

Uber faggot Osu profile

Just look at how much of a faggot I am.
Holy fucking shit, is this a smurf account or some shit?

in 2 months you've done what took me like a year, (and now in my 4th year I can barely even earn PP anymore, fucking ppv2 algo ruined my ability to get points, when that was rolled out I went from 50,000k all the way up to 100k because I couldn't earn enough points to fight it off.)

I mean, you DO use a tablet where as I use a mouse, I know everyone in the osu! community is loony about how good tablets are but they can't be /that/ good surely?

Either way, great fucking job!
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #185521

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:That Torment Tides of Numenera beta is available to all backers now so I'm going to be playing that.
Let me know how it is. Numenera always seemed like a pretty interesting setting, but I wasn't a huge fan of the tabletop system from what I saw.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #185565

Since i'm not gonna necro the thread, anyone still playing elite will now see that ship kits have been released for the sidewinder, cobra mk3 and eagle.

These include tacky looking spoilers and fins and other shit.
RICE OUT YOUR SHIP.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185715

ThanatosRa wrote:Since i'm not gonna necro the thread, anyone still playing elite will now see that ship kits have been released for the sidewinder, cobra mk3 and eagle.

These include tacky looking spoilers and fins and other shit.
RICE OUT YOUR SHIP.
10 bux for something nobody will ever see.

A whole entire universe devoid of multiplayer interaction unless you force it by asking people OOG "hey where the fuck is everyone"
The only progression in the game is accruing money and buying a bigger ship with more stuff on it to keep redoing the same four things

...and they can't even make cosmetics an unlock you get by progress.

Nope. Gotta buy 'em.

But seriously what is even the point of cosmetics in a game where you can't see your own ship unless your in the outfitting screen or bought the $50 "drive around in a cart on a rock" DLC.
If you can even find someone else in the universe they'll only see your ship that closely if they're trying to blow you up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #185724

Cletus zoomed in closer hot on the tail of his prey.

What is this? Rad fins and a flame decal?

A tear welled up in his eye and he turned back leaving the object of beauty unsullied.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #185778

EndgamerAzari wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:That Torment Tides of Numenera beta is available to all backers now so I'm going to be playing that.
Let me know how it is. Numenera always seemed like a pretty interesting setting, but I wasn't a huge fan of the tabletop system from what I saw.
I'm still bumbling through but damn everything in this game looks so alien and trippy. IMPOSSIBLE GEOMETRY everywhere. There's an interesting system in conversations and interactions where when a skill check is required you can add might, speed or intellect points to increasing your chances of succeeding.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #185805

I'm just waiting for the "Special Edition" of Cogmind to come out so I can start playing that
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #185826

Spent today playing some Rimworld

Generated a new colony, got this fucker
Spoiler:
He is 97

He is so old he will almost certainly die within a week, as the life expectancy is only 80 and he's got about 17 years on that
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #185962

pubbing planetside 2 with a guy named Holiday in Cambodia, riding a sundy he's driving, listening to Police truck
EDIT: nevermind. done
Last edited by ThanatosRa on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185963

Fuck, we need to get together and remove vanu again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #185972

It was great. My first moments in actual organized squad warfare with this guy was hopping into a galaxy with Holiday in Cambodia running in my background. I had to bust out my Dead Kennedys playlist for this. A pity the experience wasn't all that great and made me feel I needed to take a break. Damn haRd game even WITH a squad.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185973

My most fun experience was a biolab, terran zergs were charging into a doorway guarded by three MAX and more medics and engineers than you can imagine.
You can't imagine what kind of cert grinder that was.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186086

I'm watching Daganronpa 2. I already looked up who lives and who dies because I have no patience for such petty things as "pacing" or "surprises". Fuck eating all the cereal, I want the fucking toy now etc.

The plot looks way better than last time. Really digging it.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #186138

ShadowDimentio wrote:I'm watching Daganronpa 2. I already looked up who lives and who dies because I have no patience for such petty things as "pacing" or "surprises". Fuck eating all the cereal, I want the fucking toy now etc.

The entire point of the Dangan Ronpa games is that you don't look up the plot because knowing why these kids are locked up inside a school/on a tropical archipelago (not to mention who's gonna die and whodunnit) ruins a lot of the tension and surprises.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186166

I'm disappointed this is the reality where Phoenix Wright type games took off and Trauma Center died in relative obscurity.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186232

Ricotez wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:I'm watching Daganronpa 2. I already looked up who lives and who dies because I have no patience for such petty things as "pacing" or "surprises". Fuck eating all the cereal, I want the fucking toy now etc.

The entire point of the Dangan Ronpa games is that you don't look up the plot because knowing why these kids are locked up inside a school/on a tropical archipelago (not to mention who's gonna die and whodunnit) ruins a lot of the tension and surprises.
I have zero regard for spoilers. The journey is the adventure, not the destination.

Didn't spoil myself at all last game and I didn't have my world rocked by any of the plot twists. Zero Escape 2 was better/10
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186235

The journey is the adventure, not the destination.
That would make sense if there were gameplay elements that didn't revolve entirely around figuring out whodunnit. If you go into the investigation portions already knowing the killer and knowing what to look for, you're just speedrunning a checklist of stuff and reading text blocks. Similarly if you go into the trial portion already aware of who the murderer is you're just playing a weird little QTE game with some very light shmup stuff going on.

Like, these games are 9/10th's story and 1/10th gameplay. And you're saying you only play them for that 1/10th is just really goofy sounding.

Enjoy whatever you want but it's like ordering a pizza because you really like the box it comes in.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #186461

I kinda do that with movies though.
I'm the type of person to read into the plot before coming to a movie so that I can focus on all the finer details of the film. Like the shit that normally you would miss if you didn't know the story behind it. Games are kinda weird in the fact that I want to know as well but uh it's interactive so it could ruin the experience.

I dunno man I dunno.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #186489

Still obsessively playing warsword conquest for mount and blade. Started a new file as dorfs because trying to wage war against Sylvannia is like fucking pulling teeth. They have a full kingdom's worth of lords and probably 7-8 castles and two towns in an incredibly small mapspace, so any time you try to seige on of their castles every single vamp counts lord is a half days travel away unless they are off raiding and will come fuck your shit repeatedly with their nigh impossible to kill heavy cavalry.

Playing as dorfs is awesome because you essentially have nothing but badass heavy infantry and badass gunners, no need to muck about with cavalry. They can even get Dwarven Master Engineers that have very powerful cannons akin to the large cannons in Napoleonic wars, only man portable. Been rolling around blowing up orcs and goblins, it has been really good so far. Dorf high king is a bit of a dick though, wont give me any feifs even though i have reconqored this one fortress myself twice now
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186715

The second case in Daganronpa 2 hit the notes I expected it to from reading what happens but the delivery was quite good. This game seems like a big step up from the first game in both difficulty and fucking with the rules, which is a big positive for me.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #187137

Gonna jump into Star Wars KotoR 2 with the the sith lords restored content mod. I wonder how different it'll be.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #187140

Zilenan91 wrote:Gonna jump into Star Wars KotoR 2 with the the sith lords restored content mod. I wonder how different it'll be.

Not that much different, just a few more scenes added here and there. Some things were removed for good reason.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #187162

I just woke up on Peragus and I remember why this is my most favorite game of all time.

Edit: Oh my god I love this game so much
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #187312

GOG had 80% off the wing commander series so I'm playing Privateer 2 again.

Because it's single player and not this "online solo play" bullshit that E:D has. And has a storyline and missions that progress as quickly as I feel like dealing with them. AND IT'S TWO FUCKING DECADES OLD I WANT A NEW ONE DAMNIT GIMME MY FUCKING SPACE SKYRIM
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #187331

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Gonna jump into Star Wars KotoR 2 with the the sith lords restored content mod. I wonder how different it'll be.

Not that much different, just a few more scenes added here and there. Some things were removed for good reason.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/139 ... in-tslrcm/

That's a bit more than just a few scenes. It even restores the finale to the HK-50 subplot.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/fil ... t-project/

There was also an entire planet cut from the game, which this mod restores. I highly recommend it as well.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187341

My experience with KOTOR 2 was meh at best, ended up bugging out a questline on Nal Hutta i think it was where i could no longer progress. Stopped playing and never looked back
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #187348

Mirror's Edge is pretty good so far.

Also enjoying the new Star Citizen patch.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #187389

> Just got Dark Souls 3
> 7 hour download
> Have to call it a night around 8 because 5 AM shift
> Probably won't be able to play it until tomorrow after work
FUCK
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #187402

Star Sonata 2, 10+ year old game i havent played in over 10 years. Just got back into it, fun stuff.
Spoiler:

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #187440

KotoR 2 has a fuckton of bugs because it was never really fully finished. The Restored Content Mod takes it from being a good game to a great game. I'm only like halfway through the game so far, just got done with Onderon, already did Korriban and Dantooine.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #187445

Restored content mod adds the fucking hk-50 factory which is by far the worst mission/stage i have every played in my god damn life and it should never have been brought back from the dead because unless you spend the entire game gearing out hk-47 you won't be able to win the level without cheating or extreme levels of cheese
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #187449

It's easy to gear out HK, just upgrade a Mandalorian Blaster or whatever you have that's better and spec him into rapid fire. If melee enemies come at you just run away and snap off shots. Because of how rapid fire works one of the shots always hits if the attack goes off so you can stutter step with it and avoid most damage.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #187463

ya except I didn't want to gear out HK and then I was forced into an unskippable mission where I could play him and only him with a starter blaster with no warning