Tabletop General

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Tabletop General

Post by Wyzack » #188766

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hands down worst part of getting older is that all your friends have less time for fun shit. We still make it work but it is certainly getting harder. At least no one is having kids yet
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #188769

It's slanted for me. Now that my whole business shebang is working I actually have a ridiculous amount of free time.

So for me I have all this time to pour over really interesting bits of lore and come up with really deep, rich characters and plotlines and shit.
...and my friends don't. My playgroups don't. They don't want to play a low-key game of intrigue and suspense. They want to hit a goblin in the face with an axe and get some treasure and be home by 10pm.

You say this RPG kinda looks like STALKER and Rogue Trader had a baby? What the fuck are those? Can I just shoot stuff?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #188770

I've got a sizable collection of obscure/indie pdfs I've gathered from /tg/'s sharethreads over the years, I could upload them somewhere for you to peruse at your leisure.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188772

I already have Magical Burst and the Juggalo RPG. I don't know what more I could want.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #188775

Magical Burst is actually pretty good. I probably would have enjoyed the game more if the GM hadn't literally been running us through the plot of Madoka Magica. Fucker doesn't have an original bone in his body, I swear to God.

Don't tell me you don't have CAR LESBIANS
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #188777

>Players just want to murderhobo

I certainly get a lot of that too. They can appreciate intrigue to a certain degree but after a while they just wanna stab. I try to balance both as best i can. They are a good group though, we have shitloads of fun and they don't make me GM every single game we play, we switch it up quite a bit.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188778

I already have the definitive version of Car Wars. I doubt adding lesbians and removing all the crunch will make it a better game.

EDIT: First sin of the new CthulhuTech is really an old sin that they're inheriting

Part of the setting is that this corporation (The Chrysalis Corporation) is actually controlled by an evil cult that wants to work doomsday on the entire planet
And it's a huge corporation that controls all this stuff blah blah blah...Being cliched isn't really the problem here
It's that you can't really have that kind of hidden knowledge on that scale in an RPG like this. So all the players know "Hey, Chrysalis are one of the BBEG's of the setting, don't fuck with them" but at the same time they all have to find a way to suspend that disbelief in every campaign they play (or until they figure that out, or whatever).

That's dumb. Here is a plot twist that you will have to constantly twist (or untwist) while your players have to keep track of whether they have experienced the twist or not in this "life".
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #188794

I'm in a Fallout game irl and I need a mini for a super mutant, and I can't find one. Can anyone help? I'd rather not just hack away pieces of an Ork until it works if I can help it.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188800

Just get a D&D half orc.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #188840

Wyzack wrote:>Players just want to murderhobo

I certainly get a lot of that too. They can appreciate intrigue to a certain degree but after a while they just wanna stab. I try to balance both as best i can. They are a good group though, we have shitloads of fun and they don't make me GM every single game we play, we switch it up quite a bit.
I had a case of "Murderhobo" last Pathfinder session I played in. Sometimes it's less that players want to stab things, and more that stabbing things is the sane thing to do sometimes.

Group clears out floor 1 of a demon-worshipping temple, with some lesser demons in it
Down to floor 2
Find a succubus sprawled out on an altar, seductive pose, skimpy outfit, the works. Even had bat wings and all that obvious stuff.
She speaks to the group, suggests a deal- We let her go free to do whatever and she tells the group everything about the other demons in the temple
Group is paranoid but tells her they are willing to talk, even though some of the more sane characters are practically foaming at the mouth and telling the others to start killing
Succubus then says "Oh by the way if you even consider threathening me I'll call everyone on this floor here at once and I'll have you killed"
Group all charges the succubus and beat her to death with cold iron weaponry
The GM's response as the succubus gets slain by a group that prepared to slay every single demon in that temple?

"Uh, guys, she was supposed to be a social challenge"
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #188842

The proper response is "Well, we're socially challenged, so it worked out."
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #188844

XSI wrote:"Uh, guys, she was supposed to be a social challenge"
>Group is prepared to kill all the demons
>Demon wants to live and then threatens the group
>GM is surprised the demon dies

GM pls
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #188845

That dm has dumb expectations. Succubi are literally some of the least trustworthy demons in existence. Deus vult motherfucker
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #188856

Any DM that expects you to trust a succubus or incubus to not have ulterior motives or double-cross you in some fashion is spanking it under the table, without exception.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188893

If you've had to kill your way to something, suddenly flipping a switch and expecting the group to suddenly talk it out is really...really stupid.

What you should do instead is let them fight it out at first, then when it's clear she's losing, break combat and start talking.

I played an adventure once where we had to kill all these goblins to fight our way to this goblin necromancer guy who was trying to ressurect some warrior or something. He was in the middle of preparing the body when we got there and started talking to us like "you guys better leave!".

So we killed his ass in a single round of combat using our group synergy and twink-itude. He didn't even get a turn before he was dead.

The GM is upset and explains that he was actually just trying to resurrect an old friend, how we should've talked to him, etc.

Players are like sharks or some kind of hunting animal. Once they get a taste of blood, or smell it, they don't stop killing and smashing everything until they get a clear command to stop or run out of things to kill.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #188895

>Horrid goblinoid commiting vile acts of unholy necromancy

Waaah why do you guys never talk to the npcs so i can make them betray you
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #188904

Always set up to have something happen if the players start a fight with your NPCs.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #188909

Yeah like accolades for stabbing that there chatty fella.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188935

Fuck the need to play Eclipse Phase has become crippling

I can't handle this
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #188938

Set shit up and teach me and I'll play Anon
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188943

Not falling for that again.

/tg/station games never work
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #188949

>Be me
>Literally perfect attendance across all three DnD games I've been in for the past year
>This nigga doubting if I'll show up

Very insulted right now
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #188950

tgstation games have a curse shadowdimentio
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #188951

You want to know something funny

The eternally cursed TG games are what got me inspired to actually start playing DnD.

I made a character for one of the games before realizing it hadn't been updated for a fucking month

Then I just went on Roll20 and signed up for a proper game.

Moral of the story: take this shit to Roll20
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #188957

Last time I was planing to be in a tg shadowrun game I basically got ditched before it even started.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #188977

I remember /tg/station shadowrun, one of them I was in at least
Session 1 people showed up
Session 2 everyone except the GM, me, and one other guy missing and nowhere to be found
Repeat for sessions past that

Every single game I started with people from the IRC crashed and burned too

That said I am up for more games. But my schedule is very limited at the moment and already full of games, so it's unlikely that I'll fit in anywhere
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188984

Guys don't do this to me pls

I just want everyone to be space freaks solving crimes and fighting monsters together

EDIT: Okay here we go again. Fuck it. Ruin an old man's dreams. Again.

Accepting Eclipse Phase character applications for a game. Slots are EXTREMELY limited.
Theme is cyberpunk-noir. Characters will be officers working as part of local law enforcement to keep the peace. Rooting out corruption, exploiting your position for profit, or just surviving will be a choice each character will have to make as they go. You'll be unaware of Firewall and its activities, at least to start. That may change as time passes.

Social skills and Investigative skills will likely see much more use than stealth or combat skills.

My initial plan for the game only calls for three players. We'll meet up and play via Roll20 most likely, but for games like this I often just run without any kind of maps or visual aids anyway. We'll see.

I'd like to set a schedule that lets us play twice a month, once every other week. If you can't commit to that don't start with me. The thing that typically murders these games is big groups of people with fluctuating schedules. Keeping it to a very small group should let us stick to a tight schedule and actually play.

If you're capable of committing to that and want to play in a game that is more about role-play than roll-play get yourself stat'ed up and a brief write-up about their character. Honestly, the game is intended to be a low-key low-threat sort of thing (at least initially) so focusing on making a character that is more "real" and less "fantastic" is probably better. A session might involve you guys just hanging out in a bar between cases, chasing leads down, working contacts, etc. If you need a high-octane frenetic kind of game you wont be happy with this.

Someone who wonders how they're ever going to afford that vacation to Venus more than how they're going to avenge their dead brother killed by mafiosos. Your characters don't need to come pre-chip on their shoulder. We'll bang 'em up and give them those kind of plots as the story goes. If you WANT to do something like that inside the campaign though, let me know and we can probably work something out.

Exact location in the solar system we'll work out. There's a lot of cool locales to choose from. Mars is a really gritty, depressing, frozen shithole. Venus is very different and very unique to Eclipse Phase. Jupiter is a oppressive republic we'll probably just avoid altogether because of how restrictive it is (or if everyone agrees to make their characters fit that setting, we could use it). Generic hab in orbit somewhere that allows us to create all our own elements and explore the deep space setting is a potential too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189028

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS

Cyberpunk noir space detective is literally the only game i have ever want to play holy shit my dream has come true fuck fuck
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189030

If you want to play put that character together and send it to me. I'll pick the ones I think will make for the best narrative and away we go.

I'll give people time to get stuff together. Like a week or so. No need to rush.

Think of someone that will be interesting for you to play as but also interesting for others to interact with. Maybe not just interesting in the "argues with everyone all the time and is a pain in the ass to deal with" but then again maybe that's okay. One of the advantages of having a smaller group is everyone gets a lot of spotlight. There's a lot of time for everyone to do stuff like that. It's okay if a sessions stalls up because two people can't agree how to proceed. If it's done in character we're golden.

It becomes more important that the characters have interesting concepts as well, because again there's that much more focus on each person, which is why I'm not just taking the first three people to slam a character sheet down on the table. I'd like to give people a moment to think of something good and then pick the best of the best.

If all the concepts I get are boring or flat I just wont host the game. Sorry if that sounds really stuck up but GM'ing games is a fucking ton of work and there's nothing worse than creating this really lush tapestry for people to explore and play out their own plotlines on only to have everyone just fucking do nothing or squander it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189035

There's just so many interesting opportunities and motivations you can play out in this game.

Making a robot officer, do they protect and serve because they feel some sort of guilt over the fall? Or maybe they see how imperfect humans are and they think they need AI's to look out for them? Maybe it's a reaction to all the anti-robotic "clanking masses" prejudice and it's the old classic power tripping shitcurity bot just enjoying strong-arming the organics a little bit and getting paid to do it? Something else entirely?

Eclipse Phase is maybe the biggest setting of any RPG in terms of the variety of stories you can tell. It's crazy how much shit is going on here. Pick a conflict and put it into your character and you'll probably end up getting snap picked for the group.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189041

I think it'd be fun to play an investigative reporter-turned-detective. Maybe a synth of some kind, one of the unusual ones like the transforming sort.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #189076

i can join

send me the pdfs

hit my shit up fam
crack is whack but smacks got your back
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #189079

ColonicAcid wrote:i can join

send me the pdfs

They're like... free man.

https://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #189080

yeah but that would involve having to search them up on google and thats like difficult man.

spoonfeed me...................
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cinless
Byond Username: Cinless

Post by cinless » #189115

Hi, I took a while actually finding this sales pitch after XSI told me about it, but I finally am here. Ok.

So this is incredibly up my alley, but I think we need to decide more on a location before we can make proper informed character generation. Certain concepts don't work in certain places, and with the vast distances involved in the setting and how firmly tied to locations many of the factions are (with some exceptions. Looking at you, Scum) having a basic idea to write around would be hugely beneficial. My idea of a disillusioned anarchist beamed in from some isolated Brinker colony to the inner systems to get away from the difficulties of being introverted and not very outgoing in a reputation based society only makes sense if the game is set in one of the more capitalist locations, for example.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #189129

Fuck dude all this competition dot dot dot
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189184

God damn i did not realize eclipse phase is so wild, it is like ghost in the shell turned up to eleven and tossed in the AI apocalypse meatgrinder.

I am still chewing through the massive intro text, but is it possible to play an extreme bioconservative? Or will not having an ego and morph be to disruptive to the game?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #189185

You could do it, but if you died you'd be fucked five ways to hell, and without any extra lives or implants or anything that'd be damn likely.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189186

Wyzack wrote:God damn i did not realize eclipse phase is so wild, it is like ghost in the shell turned up to eleven and tossed in the AI apocalypse meatgrinder.
Yeah it's prettymuch the "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" of sci-fi RPG's. The rules for creating custom morphs alone are so vivid and full of potential. Then you get into the crazy economy of rep and the politics and stuff. It's great. It's my favorite RPG that I never ever get to play.
cinless wrote:I think we need to decide more on a location before we can make proper informed character generation.
We can do that. If people want to make more suggestions I already listed a couple in my initial recruitment post.
The character concept you briefly described is pretty easy to plugin to the major locations I was already considering centering the game around. Wherever we end up it will be somewhere populous, I'd like a setting large enough that the group doesn't need to leave it to find things to do but not so large that control over the setting is out of my hands (read: The Jovian Republic)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189193

I suppose it would be more of a moderate bioconservative. He is against resleeving and is still using his original meatsuit, but has modified it somewhat out of necessity. The permadeath does not bother me
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189195

You guys should record your sessions when you play, sounds like it's gonna be interesting.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #189198

TG's Band of Misfit Spacemen
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189203

I'll put something together afterwards, sure.

Getting way ahead of ourselves there, though. Like I said I'm still taking character apps for the next week and then we'll figure out who's on first, where first is, etc.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #189206

Wyzack wrote:
I am still chewing through the massive intro text, but is it possible to play an extreme bioconservative? Or will not having an ego and morph be to disruptive to the game?
Being a flat might be a bit hard, like just travelling to other planets would be tough because you can't ego-cast yourself there, you'd have to travel the slow way. But I bet that whole John Mcclane, NOT GONNA DIE TONIGHT, surviving crazy shit type as a flat would be cool.
cinless

Post by cinless » #189224

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:
Wyzack wrote:
Being a flat might be a bit hard, like just travelling to other planets would be tough because you can't ego-cast yourself there, you'd have to travel the slow way. But I bet that whole John Mcclane, NOT GONNA DIE TONIGHT, surviving crazy shit type as a flat would be cool.
There are plenty of natural born morphs other than flats, and it sounds like the game is going to be fairly low on travel so a moderate biocon could be a workable concept.

Edit: Mars!
Mars Mars Mars Mars Mars Mars!
(Maybe Luna)
(Luna is pretty cool too)

More edits:
We should get an irc channel or a discord or something
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189231

Permadeath isn't that far away from anyone at the lower, more "realistic" tiers of play.

When playing as a Firewall agent you've got a nigh-infinite amount of resources and shady connections behind you. It's not a big deal if you die and need to be resleeved, even repetitively.

For the working class nobodies out there though, morphs are expensive and there's a giant waiting list of people who died in the fall that are still waiting to be resleeved.
If you're wasteful and keep getting murdered, or don't have the resources to keep settling up your tab after you die, you'll wind up slipping downwards into shittier morphs, ultimately becoming relegated to either an infolife or just going back into storage at the end of the line.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cinless

Post by cinless » #189232

Apropos of working class nobodies, should we adjust the character generation to reflect this somehow? I have no suggestion as to how to do this, chargen in EP is deep and murky and few men understand it, but it seems more geared towards creating seasoned operatives than the one step up from beat cops.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189233

No, it's quite alright for you guys to be at that power level.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cinless

Post by cinless » #189235

is #eucalyptusphase okay for a temp irc channel?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189236

If you add me on discord I'll add you to our group. We can make a separate channel or just talk about EP in the general chat.

An0n3#9823

I'll be going over the source material a bit over the next few days to make sure I get the setting right and to refamiliarize myself with the rules.
I may need some random volunteers to do some combats or skill checks for random things. I'm in the middle of upgrading the discord with some bots for music and dice rolls. We'll probably be able to avoid using Roll20 altogether.

Which is nice because I've never really cared for it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #189237

Well I hope you all enjoy yourselves and develop a habit of showing up.