Tabletop General

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Tabletop General

Post by Incomptinence » #189237

Bottom post of the previous page:

Well I hope you all enjoy yourselves and develop a habit of showing up.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #189239

Okay, discord configured. That was a something.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189285

The more I read the more i am considering scaling back my character's bioconservatism. Something along the lines of his body being his original with some modifications, and while he will upload his mind to perform tasks and the like he really hates doing it and refuses to resleeve in any body other than his own, choosing to stay as an infomorph when necessary.

Also this kinda feels like i am on the bachelor or something, trying to get Anonsan to give me a rose
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189291

Might want to consider picking up Morphing Disorder or another negative trait like that. Make it not just personal preference but something he actually has a hard time with physically/psychologically.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189292

I am not even on the crunch yet, there is so god damn much to read and i have been a little short for spare time these last few days. On the section about the corps right now. Also based on what little i know of the setting this far I think Mars would be a good place to start it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189296

Read up on the fall and character backgrounds before trying to set that in stone, it'll help you.

Though another biomorph may not be your own original body, it would still be preferable to anyone than becoming an infomorph. Especially to a bioconservative. If your character still fears the corrupting influence of the TITAN AI's bopping around as a purely digital existence running on a server somewhere is probably the worst. Regardless to personal opinions the adjustment from going from biomorph to infomorph is much worse than just going from one biomorph to another.

Maybe your character's attachment to their own morph is better represented by them refusing to egocast themselves, instead trying to come up with ways to egocast a fork or something instead? That way they can make sure that some version of themselves is always inhabiting their original corpus, keeping it safe and all.

As far as basic implants goes: typically the only people who don't have them are missing them because they just can't afford them. Even bioconservatives typically have the basic implants (but only the basic implants).
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189298

One of my favorite things about Eclipse Phase is that I can build a character who's got an implant or mod to deal with every hazardous situation, fulfilling my paranoid need to be prepared for every potential threat.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
cinless
Byond Username: Cinless

Post by cinless » #189306

i am feeling slightly uncomfortable about the competitive aspect of chargen but i understand the motive for it. behind me lie the bodies of a hundred stillborn games
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189330

Yeah I'm kind of a jerk these days when it comes to games I run. I veto a lot of stuff or get picky about nuances of people's characters.

I put a lot of effort into the plots and world building stuff. If the characters I'm putting on all this production for feel kinda flat or forced or don't fit well with the background I'm trying to prop up...it all just seems like a wasted effort.

So by putting people in competition with eachother to come up with good characters and ultimately just picking the ones I like the most, it's hopefully setting us up to a game where everything clicks and we're all equally enjoying watching how things play out and what becomes of everyone.

It's the best way to ensure quality.

In the end I'm sure every character is great, but not every character is great for the game I have in mind.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #189360

jesus christ it took me two shitting sessions (and as maccus knows my shitting sessions are not "normal person times") to read majority of the backstory to it.

it's cool and all but fuck me that took long ass time to read
crack is whack but smacks got your back
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189368

Eclipse Phase lore is really good, but yeah, there's a lot of it. If you can find the Morph Recognition Guide it's great to look through--no real crunch involved, but lots of good art and in-universe commentary.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189370

I'm trying to narrow down the setting a bit more.

I'm really liking Ceres as a possible location. The potential for characters to run afoul of an octopus-run water mafia is too good to pass up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189374

Ceres is that little ice planetoid in the belt right? How urban is it?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189375

About one million people live there, so it has a pretty decent population. Major habitats are domes on the surface with elevators leading DEEEEEP down into the ocean that lays way under the surface. The fact that there's a cartel of octopods with their literal tentacles in everything gives it a lot of potential for FUN.

Callisto is another potential hotspot for NOIR CRIMES FUN. It's in the Jovian system so you have the Jovians breathing down your neck, but it is allowed a bit more autonomy and room for independence than anything else in that neighborhood. How many anti-synthetic hate crimes do you guys want to solve? How many are you willing to commit?

So yeah Ceres gives you a nice grey area between a gigantic criminal organization and the workforce/corporate interests there.

Callisto is getting caught between enforcing your own habs version of the law while also maybe protecting people from Jove (or maybe protecting Jove from the people)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #189393

Been playing a bunch of Burning Wheel lately. For whatever reason it's a system where I actually find it rewarding to play aggressively good characters (normally, I'm typecast by both myself and my roleplaying gang into evil/antiheroic/otherwise edgy characters.)
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189413

The characters I play are usually pretty reserved, even if that isn't my initial intent, because the people I tend to play with make me uncomfortable by flirting with my character if they show any sort of outgoing or attractive traits. Say I wanna go full fa/tg/uy and play a slutty female character? Well, I can guarantee you within two sessions she's gonna go frigid out of sheer discomfort.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189426

If my character is going to be an established law enforcement agent of wherever we decide to call home, does it make any sense for me to select my faction before we know for sure where the campaign is going to be set?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #189478

EndgamerAzari wrote:The characters I play are usually pretty reserved, even if that isn't my initial intent, because the people I tend to play with make me uncomfortable by flirting with my character if they show any sort of outgoing or attractive traits. Say I wanna go full fa/tg/uy and play a slutty female character? Well, I can guarantee you within two sessions she's gonna go frigid out of sheer discomfort.
You have two options:

1, find better people to play with.

2, the Dark Eldar approach, sleep with one of their characters and use it as an opportunity to steal everything they own/murder them horribly/otherwise fuck them up. This will shut down the rest of the flirting reeeeeeeaaaaaal damn fast.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #189507

Ceres has the bonus of being Anarcho Capitalist which means we would likely be freelance police, and the Extropan movement is on pretty ok terms with everyone, even if there is some bad blood between them and the anarchist movements. It isn't like the Jove where a Mercurial Uplift literally couldn't exist, pretty much everyone from Hypercorper to Argonaut can be found there.

There is just enough prejudice and sleaze to keep things interesting and to keep factions like Mercurials relevant, but there is also enough liberty for a forking addict or AGI to exist.
cinless
Byond Username: Cinless

Post by cinless » #189699

PSA: Ceres gravity is like 0.29 m/s^2, less than a tenth of Earth's. Get the freefall skill
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189704

EndgamerAzari wrote:The characters I play are usually pretty reserved, even if that isn't my initial intent, because the people I tend to play with make me uncomfortable by flirting with my character if they show any sort of outgoing or attractive traits. Say I wanna go full fa/tg/uy and play a slutty female character? Well, I can guarantee you within two sessions she's gonna go frigid out of sheer discomfort.

I think the real problem is that you're trying to play slutty female characters in games with your friends.
THIS IS WHAT I WAS ROLEPLAYING AS TELL ME I WAS ASKING FOR IT
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189706

Okay, maybe 'slutty' is reaching a bit. Basically if I play anything with any sort of obvious sex drive or just a happy-go-lucky, carefree attitude towards life in general it's gonna get creepy really fast.

It also doesn't help that the majority of my IRL male friends want to bang me, either.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189715

My past couple characters either had crippling anger issues or was a gorgeous yet pious as fuck Paladin of Tyr. We went to a brothel to make an arms deal with a criminal syndicate over a magical town-levelling bomb that they stole, and he spent the whole time scowling and reprimanding all the prostitutes in a "what would your father think" sort of way
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #189717

I don't think I've ever roleplayed a character in any situation where my sex drive was a factor or plotpoint.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189720

Azari confirmed for real life ERP. That is probably what the W on his chest was for
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189730

It'd just be nice to not have to play a character who wasn't an uptight stoic all the time in order to not feel like I'm inviting myself to be imaginarily molested.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189748

Tbh your group sounds like a bunch of dicks. Try telling them that it makes you uncomfortable, they will probably understand.

I am chugging away at my eclipse phase character and i have modified my concept a little. I am looking at the gear stuff but i am not seeing anything for drones or other assistant bots. I have this vision of my character having a little floating hoverbot with a built in forensics kit that has my character's muse in it, outfitted with some extra functionality to help record evidence and stuff. Is such a thing possible/feasible for the setting?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #189761

Drynwyn wrote:
You have two options:

1, find better people to play with.

2, the Dark Eldar approach, sleep with one of their characters and use it as an opportunity to steal everything they own/murder them horribly/otherwise fuck them up. This will shut down the rest of the flirting reeeeeeeaaaaaal damn fast.
option 2

"You said you wanted to fuck? Well, you're fucked now."
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #189830

I can play pretty much any character, however I always somehow end up becoming party leader regardless of who I play. Every single time.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #190117

>Be glorious holy life cleric
>Finish clearing undead infested manor dungeon
>Last room is locked
>Drunk fighter busts the door open ez pz
>Undead guarding a coffin
>"Oh god is that a vampire"
>Kill the undead
>Hear banging on the coffin
>Open it
>Dude climbs out and thanks us, says he's the owner of the manor
>Explains he was trapped in there for five years
>Suddenly turns evil and teleports away
>Is a fucking lich
>Oh god, I released a lich as a cleric

Very haram oh no
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #190120

That's "A SKELETON POPPED OUT"-tier storytelling. Please report your DM to the local RPG Polizei for mandatory reeducation.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #190121

Hey man he's trying the easy route because we always figure out plot stuff too early and destroy everything forever.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #190123

Shit they keep figuring out my plots

I know

We'll just pull everything out of our ass at the last second.
That way nobody can see where we're going!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #190124

The funny part is I saw where it was going right as soon as I opened the room and saw the coffin. I just assumed vamp rather than lich.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #190622

Ran my first session of Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd edition. Most of the group completely randomly genned their characters including race. By freak RNG chance we ended up with 4 dorfs a human and an elf. Combat is quick and very deadly, even PCs can easily drop in a single unlucky blow. Combat is very quick and easy, but still lots of neat tactical choices in terms of what actions you want to take and the like. Old World setting is still tons of fun to play in (i cri evertim rip in pepoeroni) and my group really liked it. Probably going to stick with this one for some time
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #190645

SOON FRIENDS

Get those characters wrapped up and PM me a link to where I can download them. Wrapping up our first adventure and starting to plan out our first story arc.

[youtube]oTN6cGmH2yM[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #190649

Will have mine done this evening. Have been listening to Carpenter Brut's "Looking for Tracy Tzu" "Paradise Warfare" and especially "Anarchy Road" to get me in the mindset. Those three songs are basically the essence of my character
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191029

Get your characters submitted u shits, i need to noir spess detective badly
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191272

what times will you be running sessions, an0n3? I want to join but if it's going to be like stellaris and I have to leave hours early every time it's not going to work out of course
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #191451

Could I just pop in and listen?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191520

Well the only finished character that was submitted and approved was Wyzack's.

I could maybe ratchet this around so it's a 1:1 game of mostly storytelling stuff if Wyzack is cool basically carrying the entire player side of things on his back. It would still be a game but more like a radio show than a party-based adventure thing.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191552

I'll gladly create and submit a character if you answer my question
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191553

I think the idea was that we would agree on a time once we had all our players. I can do pretty much any weekday after 5 pm est, probably a couple hours sooner most days
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191558

I can make it pretty much any day after 5-6 pm until 2-4 am CE(S)T. But if we use voice chat, the times at which I can use my microphone are highly susceptible to change depending on people within earshot who may or may not be trying to sleep.
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191559

Me too on the mic thing. 4/5-8/9 is probably when i can voip
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191566

So I'm still reading over all the materials, but from what I've seen so far in this world there is virtually no distinction left between humans who convert their mind into code and AIs. Does that mean I can make my character an AI?
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191568

I think so, but due to the evil robot AI apocalypse that sorta just happened everyone will fucking hate you
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191571

Unless you're very good at pretending to be human?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191572

I told An0n3 I'd make a character for this, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to be a big fancy humanoid robot or a small spare-body-looking robot that can shapeshift into innocuous shapes for covert surveillance.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191577

Oh shit, uplifted parrots are a thing in this game. Let's make Poly.
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191593

Also you guys are so funny

>Find out this game is only gonna have 3 players
>Lots of people talking about wanting in
>Stress a little making a good character concept
>No one else applies
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster