Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Timbrewolf » #188811

Bottom post of the previous page:

Actually it's considered a pretty chic thing to do in meteorologist circles to get a bunch of magnets implanted in your hands. You develop a bunch of weird senses based on their movement that allow you to tell the weather or some shit.

Sounds need but it also sounds like you're going to obliterate your cellphone or any other kind of magnetic storage/electronics you try to handle.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #188812

so meteorology has become a cult of magnets?
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #188813

The magnets aren't nearly strong enough for that.

I'd worry more about MRIs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188814

All I know is what goofy grad students at ESF tell me.

I wouldn't want Mr. Amazing Magnet hands touching any of my flash drives or memory sticks regardless of what conflicting reports of whether or not your hand magnets can fuck them up you've read about on the internet.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #188815

>not calling him edward magnethands

you had one fucking job anon

ONE FUCKING JOB.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #188819

ColonicAcid wrote:i will be ready to fight against the transhumanist filth

stay pure ya fucking animals

get the subshells of neon azari

1s^2 2s^2 2p^6
do it fam
This tat is a guaranteed pussy magnet, bitches love electron orbitals
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #188828

damn straight

they'll be a bunch of fucking electrophiles by the end of the night let me tell you.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #188829

Man I got a C in Chemistry, I don't know that shit. Hell, half the people who'd see the original idea wouldn't get it. Ehhhhhhh it's just money I'd waste
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #188833

calculus is killing my spare time and also me, rip me
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188835

ColonicAcid wrote:>not calling him edward magnethands

you had one fucking job anon

ONE FUCKING JOB.
You're about to meet Edward catch-these-hands when I slap your shit you little bitch
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #188838

tough guyy huh????
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #188933

Fite me 1v1 IRL i'll punch your head off
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #188991

Saw warcraft movie last night. Was pretty cringy, and the non historical silly armor bothered me more than I thought it would. I guess it is not bad for a story made for an rts in the early 90s
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189000

Not even the pauldrons, just like the goofy chestplates and the kings stupid helmet, it was not even close to what real armor looks like and it all looked plastic.

Also it did not seem very accessible to people who never played the games. I guess they had such a massive guaranteed demographic they didn't bother making it accessible.

Gul Dan was pretty cool though
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189006

At first the orcs looked really out of place and goofy to me, but after a bit i kinda got used to it. The magic stuff all looked pretty cool, special effects wise. It was not bad

EDIT: Gonna expand a little on this. I think my biggest issue with the movie boils down to the fact that a lot of the stuff in warcraft looks really cool in a video game but is incredibly jarring and odd in real life. The armor certainly falls under this, as do the orc faces and pretty much all the architecture. The dwarves all look very bloated and CGI in contrast to the more humanesque dwarves in lord of the rings. The human cities look pretty much identical to how they did in Warcraft 3 and in real life it just looks kinda off. Can't really explain it.

Fight scenes were pretty cool though, lot of human soldiers with guns which was neat. At one point an orc gets his hand blown off point blank and it was pretty badass. Not a horrible movie overall, but a pretty good indicator that trying to capture the identical artistic style of a video game in real life does not work terribly well
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #189016

The ultra smurfs got a movie, a terrible terrible movie

There was also a really cringey short live action movie from the 90s
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189020

Unless Warhams total war does really REALLY well i doubt there will ever be a warhammer fantasy movie because Games Workshop saw fit to nuke the Old World for Age of Shitmar. It is really upsetting to me because the setting for Warhammer fantasy is an interesting and slightly darker take on a lot of fantasy tropes, and is based more on germany than the classic britain/france hybrid that everyone else does. Seems like such a goddamn waste. My greatest hope is that between warhammer fantasy vidya games doing well and age of shiggydigmar doing so poorly they might do a massive asspull retcon and bring it back
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #189063

Shit day.
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189196

What's wrong, Remie?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #189356

EndgamerAzari wrote:What's wrong, Remie?
Was just having a really shit day, Body image stuff, the usual.
Today is a better day though.
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189366

I understand. Mine are of a different sort, I'm pretty sure, but I empathize. Glad you're feeling better.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #189718

I'm starting a new trend I like to call Freedom Fridays.

Maybe it's wrong but it feels so right
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189808

I want a pitbull. I think they're cute.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #189809

I find beagles cuter.

Or Bernese mountain dogs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #189811

EndgamerAzari wrote:I want a pitbull. I think they're cute.
one of the few breeds i'd consider adopting anymore.

please don't end up as those "not muh dog my pitbull won't hurt a fly" dog owners if you do though. i'll be blunt: if you raise a shitty chihuahua the worst thing that happens to you is that it shits everywhere, yaps a bit, puts a scar on your ankle. you raise a shitty pitbull you're going to be missing parts of your face. granted, most large dogs will do the same, but most large dogs aren't under the fucking gun right now like PBTs are.

I spent parts of my internships and most of my volunteer hours bouncing between the local SPCA and animal control centers and for every great well behaved model citizen pit bull i had there would be 1 coming in and their dudebro trailer trash owner would come in, calmly refer to everyone as brother, and talk at length about how "The gubbermint is makin me git rid of my dog because he bit someone, i raised muh dog right he dont hurt nobody. he's a gud dog i trained im well" and then i go take the dog to get evaluated and the thing flips its shit every 30 seconds at the slightest of sensory interaction, mouths on everything, gets pissy and food/toy-protective, fights other dogs, etc.

it's the second one people remember and it's the second one that gets the dog banned from an entire city (and i mean ban as in: no grandfather clause, kill your dog or leave within 6 months or we'll call the cops to do it for you).

otherwise, good luck.
DemonFiren wrote:I find beagles cuter.

Or Bernese mountain dogs.
bernese mountain dogs are great and i had one come through the shelter's protective custody program for a while. honestly think they look way better than st bernards or whatever
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #189813

They kinda do.

Then again, maybe most St. Bernards I've seen look awful.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #189816

I've never raised a dog from a puppy by myself, but I hope I wouldn't raise it be an asshole. I certainly wouldn't do it intentionally, but considering how much of a bumblefuck I am I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it happening by accident. Normally I'd adopt a pitbull but given that most of them that wind up in shelters seem to be the result of someone trying to make it into their personal murder machine I'm not sure how good of an idea that is. I don't want to have to deal with another animal with serious behavioral problems for a while.

I think Ohio just took pitbulls off the vicious dogs list, by the by, and that's where I intend to live so that's good.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #189835

You would probably be better off raising your own dog if you are worried about retarded ass guard dog training and want a pit bull. Like number one breed to be taught retarded shit by idiots.

Take it to puppy school so it learns to obey also they should instruct you too, don't spoil it and be absolutely sure to socialise it properly at dog parks and shit once it is big enough. I don't know like jedi mind trick shit like walking dogs without leash and not having them spaz out at every living thing they see so that's about all I know.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #189928

make sure to name it "neon sign" but just call it "neon" so when people see you, you can be like " I collect neon signs and they see all your signs hanging around and then you call neon sign over to you
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
starting to think I did something wrong cause I haven't heard back from girl since and it's probably my fault because I didn't send a reply message the next day and now I feel like it's too late. fuck I'm going to do it anyway as I'm typing this message because fuck making critical choices after you've been up for 20 hours is good right?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189973

Yeah man, just be sincere. If you dont hear back after this one, then you take the hint and grab the liquor.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #190146

Spoiler:
well at least she replied boys. but it doesn't look like it's gonna work out. not mean about or thing jut said not ready to date yet and sorry but man i never expected feels like this.. i don't know when i'm not doing anything i tear up a bit lol probably just gonna drink a bit more and game or leep
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #190148

Thats rough buddy, Ill drink one to that. Some times the fish just wont bite. Nothing to do but have a drink and play some video games to take your mind off it, time makes it better. Only thing for it really. At least you took a swing, not knowing is about a billion fucking times worse
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #190151

yeah I'm glad that I at least tried and finally at least did something instead of wasting another 3 years telling myself tomorrow
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #190153

Take balls to do. The best part is that next time will be a whole lot easier
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #190184

Spent all day cleaning again because my sister is a fucking dust-Nazi and can't tolerate a few stray crumbs on the stove

Imagine that episode of spongebob where EVERYTHING IS SHINY AND CHROME
That's her ideal house
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #190185

I had a really great game of ss13. Narsie cult round. I played as warden. We didn't win but we gave it our all. Made me feel good and I saw how well the cultists and us played. It was a good job by both sides and I didn't feel cheated by having a shit HOS or a bad sec team. Everyone played their part. You don't get much better than that in tgstation.

Next round: Effeciency station
Nope.jpeg keep the good mood.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #190213

EndgamerAzari wrote:I want a pitbull. I think they're cute.

Pitbulls are awesome, I have two. They're like little energetic super babies. I love them and I know they love me too (even if one of them doesn't want to show it, acting like the cold loner in an anime that has a heart of gold).
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #190216

Bulldogs > Pitbulls

Just look at this face

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #190217

You're all wrong.
Get a pug.

Life without a pug is possible but pointless.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #190218

Takeguru wrote:Spent all day cleaning again because my sister is a fucking dust-Nazi and can't tolerate a few stray crumbs on the stove

That's her ideal house
And the reason you're being the house bitch instead of making her clean to her own anal standards is because...?
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #190279

Malkevin wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Spent all day cleaning again because my sister is a fucking dust-Nazi and can't tolerate a few stray crumbs on the stove

That's her ideal house
And the reason you're being the house bitch instead of making her clean to her own anal standards is because...?
I get paid to do it
Can't really think of a better reason than that
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #190281

Okay, so you're a maid.
Fair enough.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #190291

Basically

She works in the field so she can be out for days at a time

I raise her kid and keep the house clean
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #190313

DemonFiren wrote:You're all wrong.
Get a pug.
Dude a Bulldog is just a Pug that LIFTS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #190317

I'm not sure if that is the most genius or most retarded thing I've read all day.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #190380

I love bulldogs and pugs as well, but they have so many health problems I don't think I'd be able to have one, knowing that it's likely going to die in only a few years.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #190381

I can't have pets.
It would literally break me.

I remember being in Year 7 crying my fucking eyes out all morning because my goldfish had died.
Fuck I'm actually tearing up a little thinking about it.
私は完璧
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #190398

having a pet is pretty much signing a contract to be extremely fucking down after it goes
either from death or having to give it away or even put it in a shelter
you're going to feel like shit nonetheless it will happen outright it is inescapable

WOW WHAT GREAT VIDEO GAMES
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #190400

My dog has maybe a couple weeks left at best. Big ole tumor
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #190412

I used to keep gerbils, after a while you get used to it.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #190433

Screemonster wrote:I used to keep gerbils, after a while you get used to it.

That's how vampires and elves feel about humans I bet.