cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Talk about video games here
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by Zilenan91 » #191408

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why does time pass so quickly with you just moving around? I spawned in a police station and walked a few rl minutes before I killed myself because I fucked up my build and it said I had gone a full season. Does it always say that if you've been alive shorter than a seasons length?

Edit: Also tfw you're climbing through a broken window and poke your eye
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #191412

prison break start
hulks everywhere
secbot in between front door and me
passing lots of time waiting in the next room for it to move away from the front cell doors
suddenly zombie hulk out of nowhere
somehow came up the stairway
punches me through the doorway
hit the opposite wall hard
hurt like hell
move over a bit
no secbot in sight
try to crowbar cell doors to freedom
success
move to the front door
smash it down
run out into the field
grecks
grecks everywhere
mi-go in the distance fighting a moose
die
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191414

prison break is brutal
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #191423

DEEEP DEEEP down in another fucking Ice Lab

Hear in the distance "We don't know why it mimics us but it does" x 2

PANIC

...also I'm going to start experimenting with using a penumatic bolt driver to fire explosive crossbow bolts at things. This may be what causes me to have to start a new playthrough but oh well.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #191426

They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191434

Okay my ghetto rocket launcher does explode okay for a decent amount of damage (about 30 in the 3x3 explosion radius) but it also deafens the shit out of me because of my yiffkin status
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #191436

EndgamerAzari wrote:The problem with opening the door from an angle is that you might not be able to see far enough into the room then, and basically if you move into a targetable square while the turret can see you you're gonna get blasted a dozen times.
With all the items in this game, what it still needs?

Those telescoping mirrors from SWAT 4. Watch under a door or around a corner.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #191438

XSI wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:The problem with opening the door from an angle is that you might not be able to see far enough into the room then, and basically if you move into a targetable square while the turret can see you you're gonna get blasted a dozen times.
With all the items in this game, what it still needs?

Those telescoping mirrors from SWAT 4. Watch under a door or around a corner.
you can just peek around corners with caps X and moving in the direction you want to peek
- wall
+ door
_ open door
@ you

----+_----
     @

then if you just do X , 7 you move into the open door tile but you won't actually be on the tile but can still see everything around the corner without getting kerblamoed
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #191439

You could just strip behind a corner, and eat any move+ shit you have, then walk in the door way and walk back
you should have moved fast enough due to autistic ammounts of movement points, as such, the turret shouldnt shoot you.

and memehacks are fucking ridiculious if you are wearing heavy body armor. They'll hit you, when you go to hit back, they are already 4 tiles away on your attack move and you miss.
you just have to pray to rngesus that their ai decides not to move away from you after hitting for some god awful reason.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191444

Comfy.png
Sometimes you just want to relax, spraypaint "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong" on someone's house, then throw a molotov through their front window. Just hanging out on a stolen motorcycle with the trunk full of a freshly looted mega gunstore. You're never going to live long enough to use all those grenades and once you're through the initial setup you'll never go house-to-house looting random shit again.

Enjoy watching it burn for a change.

If there was some way to put a vehicle inside of another it would be perfect. I'd love to build a giant LAND TRAIN but then also have a motorcycle that detaches from it for running around in the city streets.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #191449

An0n3 wrote:
Comfy.png
Sometimes you just want to relax, spraypaint "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong" on someone's house, then throw a molotov through their front window. Just hanging out on a stolen motorcycle with the trunk full of a freshly looted mega gunstore. You're never going to live long enough to use all those grenades and once you're through the initial setup you'll never go house-to-house looting random shit again.

Enjoy watching it burn for a change.

If there was some way to put a vehicle inside of another it would be perfect. I'd love to build a giant LAND TRAIN but then also have a motorcycle that detaches from it for running around in the city streets.
actually it would be fucking cool if actual trains/tracks where in the game that would be siiick fortifying a fucking train like some Kabaneri shit
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #191459

i wonder how hard it would be to implement planes/helicopters.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191460

I managed to rip a bunch of upgraded solar cells off a random electric car, finally have an energy surplus going on my RV. Running that fridge aint cheap, plus making all this fucking jerky kills the batteries too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191474

Remind me again, are laser turrets in this iteration?

Last one I've played they were not.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191515

>spawn in thepolice station
>walk outside
>get blasted by 3 milsec turrets
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191574

God damn i have a regular electric SUV in near mint condition and it is a piece of garbage. One day in the sun is enough to charge the battery to 12ish percent, which is enough to drive like two kilometers. I really need a better car or some tools so i can add more panels and batteries. Also holy shit there have been so many god damn hostile survivors so far, i really need to turn their spawn down
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191576

The good part about hostile survivors is that sometimes they'll go aggro on you without any weapons and may have decent loot on them. The bad part is that they can take an insane amount of punishment (well over 20 9mm rounds at 5 feet away) and tend to be fanatically self-destructive when it comes to killing you (makeshift flamethrower at point-blank range. Inside a building).
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191578

That is why you go snoipah, mate.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191579

Rifle ranges in this game are actually completely fucking retarded. Even with decent skill it is damn near impossible to hit a human sized target who is more than 4-5 meters away from you, even with a scoped hunting rifle or sniper rifle. It makes no damn sense
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191581

No, that's why you run away, steal a truck, and hit them with it.

Last night I got a Jabberwock quest from a wandering NPC, and SWAT-armored katana-wielding moron that I was, I decided I was ready. I hit it with a grenade and a molotov while it was pounding its way through a wreck, and then thought I could take it in melee. I lured it into a burning bush and got a couple hits on it before it punted me into the next zip code. I was unable to stand up and it kept wailing on me--I was blocking some of the damage, but I couldn't fight back. In desperation, I drew my Deagle and headshot it with the first round, killing it. Super-cliche, I know, but my mental image of the scene was deliciously dramatic.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191582

>Not using your vorpal sword to snicker snack

i suppose deagle brand deagle (tm) is as good an alternative as any. Seriously, guns make better melee weapons than most melee weapons
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191583

I guess I should go look for mods that fix rifles, then?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191585

Maybe? I have not used any in my current run and my last run was like 4 months worth of experimental builds ago at least so it may have been fixed since then. Also i think that one of the mods i enabled borked up world gen a little, apparently the game could not find an evac shelter in either of the worlds i genned so i had to use the missed scenario
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191588

Stored a USP in a holster and it got eaten by the holster and I can't take it out G R E A T

Is it because I'm in pitch black or something because I can't get the gun out and my hands are empty. I'm also on 15980 experimental.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191590

Urgh nevermind I had two filthy holsters on and I was trying to activate the wrong one.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191591

I have also noticed that NPCs have a new fun bug. The game no longer tells me what weapon they are wielding when i examine them, and they do not drop said weapon on death. That does not stop them from shooting me with said weapon, and it still shows up on their sprite, but it is still really irritating. At least they still drop their ammo
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191595

There was a random regular zombie and on killing him he dropped both a Glock-19 with a full mag of FMJ ammo and a USP with a full mag of regular ammo...? Was that a zombified survivor or something because I didn't know zombies could have loot that good. At least I have two new friends for Mr. USP #1 in my first holster that I've never used.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191596

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE NRA ZOMBIES

I killed 2 more and I got a .38 special and a bunch of ammo on another one
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191597

Survivor Zombies are a special type of enemy, so you'll know when you fight them. They usually have unusual-but-not-that-good equipment on them, like homemade armor. Sounds like you just got lucky. Like, stupidly luckily.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191614

This new magazine system is incredibly tedious even if it is realistic. Oh well.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191616

Nah they were regular zombies. They had the usual zombie clothes. They were near a gun store though so maybe that had something to do with it. Oh yeah and after my last message I found 35 more .38 FMJ rounds on another zombie.

In the experimental you can make all magazines be the same for all guns to cut down on the tedium.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191630

holy fuck boxing gyms are a fucking goldmine of liquids. There's like 10 bottles of sports drink in the locker rooms that quenches 60
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191672

F I R S T G U N S T O R E B O Y S
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191675

Enjoy finding a bunch of bullets that don't fit any of the guns in the store.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191676

I hope you searched for martial arts books in the gym. They magically teach you the whole martial art within ten minutes of reading
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191677

I got like 100 spare bullets and about 4 magazines for my glock which is real nice. I also picked up an ammo pouch on a dead soldier zombie earlier so I have loads of bullets.
Something that confused me was that there was an extended Glock Magazine for .40S&W and I'm not sure if that only goes in .40S&W glocks or what since I couldn't load it into mine.
Other than the glock goodness there's a bunch of rifles without ammo that I left, and a double barreled and single barreled shotgun with plentiful ammo that I kept.

The only thing that's remotely bad now is that my morale is fucked because I murdered a survivor who was loitering around the hole I broke into the back of the gun store through. They're my guns damnit. The morale should clear up in a few weeks though.

If I can ask, is there any way to tell how long you've lasted?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191679

Do Eyebots do anything by any chance? I've had one floating around my base for a good long time and a while ago it was attacked by a swarm of zombies and it seems to have either killed those zombies or run away from them somehow.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191681

rip I died to a riot control bot and a cop bot who came down the stairs when I was putting shit away. Couldn't attack back due to the gas and lost everything.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #191684

Zilenan91 wrote:Do Eyebots do anything by any chance? I've had one floating around my base for a good long time and a while ago it was attacked by a swarm of zombies and it seems to have either killed those zombies or run away from them somehow.
Zilenan91 wrote:rip I died to a riot control bot and a cop bot who came down the stairs when I was putting shit away. Couldn't attack back due to the gas and lost everything.
yeah, thats because of the eyebot, it brings riot control bots and other shitty-one-burst-kill-you-forever-bullshit-droids down onto your position, it should have emoted "The eyebot takes a picture of you, emitting a flash!"
Once it takes a picture, killing it wont matter, you just gotta git as far as fuck away from it.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191687

I wish someone had told me that god damnit.

Can you shoot the riot control bot?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

XSI

Post by XSI » #191691

Yes

But it is well armoured
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191694

I had like 100 bullets, could've shot for days since I was just as fast as it was.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

XSI

Post by XSI » #191697

Chances are it would be better at hitting you than you at hitting it

But it is technically possible to wreck them
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191706

Good lord prison break is stupidly brutal.

Avoid hulks and if you manage to do get by them congrats there's a security bot with a SMG camping the doorway in front and you're given no guns.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191709

alpha mutagen why are you so fucking hard to make jesus crust

my current survivor is probably the strongest run I've ever had. I've managed to loot multiple labs, just ripped through a military depot and got some ID's so I can think about heading into a military base soon.

before I go any further though I want to purify away the lupine mutations I've gotten and go FULL ALPHA BRO UN-NATTY GAINS
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191710

So how do you get out of prisons anyways? I get to the room with the security bot before I seem to be at a dead end.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191712

Never tried that start. Too busy hitting things with my survivor machete so hard they pulp and extra meat chunks come flying out of them.

14 STR BABY GENETICALLY SUPERIOR
HackinAndWhackin.png
HackinAndWhackin.png (5.82 KiB) Viewed 20414 times
This was just like, an in-game hour of walking around the sewers obliterating everything I came across.

Yo FFS tho this weapon is insane. If you like cutting weapons and melee combat get one.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191713

On my good run with the retarded amount of glock ammo I'd spawned in the survivor shelter and filled basically the entire basement with food and water. That was my first real time playing the game though so I intentionally went easy and made all zombies half as slow and just as durable. I've since made them far slower but far more durable to really be like George Romero zombies.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191714

Also would you say the Stats Through Skills mod makes the game too easy or what because I haven't seen it to be too great considering you're 8 everything.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191715

Eh? I don't play with any mods and I don't alter the values of any of the enemies. Just turn on NPC's, Wander Spawns, crank the seasons up to more realistic lengths, and turn off that fucking skill rust holy shit fuck that system.

8's across the board, light step, quick, robust genetics, and either the survivor start or backpacker start.

vanilla as fuck
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191717

Lucked out. After my first prisoner died the secbot exploded so I think I'm homefree to try to figure the way out now.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote: