Chinese Cartoons

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by nsos » #190450

Bottom post of the previous page:

captain sawrge wrote:i only read gag manga about high school girls and manga about children murderign eachother
yea i secretly liked deadman wonderland too
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #190451

dadman wonderland
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #190473

An0n3 wrote:Speaking of, it's that time again roughly every year or so where I tell all you tasteless fuckboys to go read

http://www.mangareader.net/eden-its-an-endless-world

...and you all keep ignoring me, so you can someday stumble on it later like everything else.
I'm reading it now.

Holy shit this is where that "It's like a visible, PHYSICAL version of autism" picture comes from.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #190628

Prepare for the craziest ride in terms of plot and storytelling of damned near anything I've ever read/watched.

Eden goes places. Lots of places. I remember finishing the opening arc and getting to the next portion where the world really opens up and being totally stunned.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #190776

I always love OPs that change as the series goes on

The change at the end of the Stardust Crusaders is great and I wish more studios would do this stuff

Gakkou Gurashi is another notable one
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #190802

Oh I already read eden and forgot about it oh well.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #191080

An0n3 wrote:Prepare for the craziest ride in terms of plot and storytelling of damned near anything I've ever read/watched.

Eden goes places. Lots of places. I remember finishing the opening arc and getting to the next portion where the world really opens up and being totally stunned.
I read to vol 10 in one go cause nolife but yeah after the first one I was like
Spoiler:
wat happen to MC but you find out its the son of the son and I was like fuuuck. then later on at airport when he was training and shot the mom and the black guy but made the gangster kill himself was so fucked
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191149

I just remember
Spoiler:
being confused as fuck when the story gets back to the mainland and you see that, for a post-apocalyptic society, everyone is getting along just fine + cybernetics. Really surprised me, I was kinda expecting everything to just be a wreck like the opening chapters.
But yeah, just keep going. It continually gets crazier and keeps incorporating more things.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191165

I loved both Space Patrol Luluco and Kiznaiver this season. Trigger did it again.

Also Little Witch Academia series confirmed for January
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191190

Ricotez wrote:Also Little Witch Academia series confirmed for January
Can we actually get a season and not just a one-off OVA again?

That'd be pretty fucking rad. The animation is so good on those episodes, even if they seem aimed at a younger audience.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191218

An0n3 wrote:
Can we actually get a season and not just a one-off OVA again?

That'd be pretty fucking rad. The animation is so good on those episodes, even if they seem aimed at a younger audience.
https://twitter.com/LWA_jp/status/746344659773853697

It's in moon runes, but apparently it says a full length season of 30 minute episodes has been confirmed. (Hence that little bit at the end of the final episode of Luluco.)
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #191232

a weekly full length series is definitely going to have the same level of quality as a couple of big budget one offs
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #191336

Ricotez wrote: -snip-
It's in moon runes, but apparently it says a full length season of 30 minute episodes has been confirmed. (Hence that little bit at the end of the final episode of Luluco.)
All you need to know is the bit where it says TVアニメシリーズ (TVAnimeshiriizu)
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191521

captain sawrge wrote:a weekly full length series is definitely going to have the same level of quality as a couple of big budget one offs
Can be done with talent, or alternatively just a lot of money. I have faith.

Yozakura Quartet is a good example of a more regular show with phenomenal animation quality episode to episode, and it's pretty small scale compared to AAA heavy hitters. It's not a regular series but it's not one offs either.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191550

I really want to like Yozakura Quartet but the writing is abysmal

also One Punch Man is a good example of a series with far-above-average animation but an average budget
Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #191622

An0n3 wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:a weekly full length series is definitely going to have the same level of quality as a couple of big budget one offs
Can be done with talent, or alternatively just a lot of money. I have faith.
trigger has neither
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191644

Ricotez wrote:I really want to like Yozakura Quartet but the writing is abysmal
Yeah, whatshisface is a much better character artist than he is a writer/director. The general setting is cool, the characters are cool, but the actual what-the-fuck-is-going-on-here bits are really weird and it's all sizzle no steak.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #191664

I think the part where I got ripped out of my suspension of disbelief so badly I never could get back into it was when
Spoiler:
protagonist girl turns out to have been a dragon all along, but for whatever reason she asked a goddess to wipe everyone's memories and with little fanfare all those memories are restored and she suddenly can use those dragon powers again

like it was such an obvious attempt to retcon the protag to give her cool powers too. jesus christ the writer could've made your typical why-do-i-have-these-powers mystery of it and it would still have been better than just OOPS EVERYONE HAD AMNESIA BUT NOT ANY MORE
after that I just started noticing more and more how bad the pacing was, how little sense the plot made, how nonsensical the main antagonist was... I still finished it, or at least one season and the OVAs, but jesus christ so much wasted potential
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191705

Eh, the revelation about Yae I don't mind. It doesn't strike me as a sudden retcon so much because she was a total unknown the whole time. She's obviously super strong, she's the goddamn mayor for some reason, but we don't know what kind of demon she is or what's really going on with her (until we do).

What bothers me is that they try to make all these central plot things going on (where do people that get sent away actually go? What is the thing posessing Enjin trying to accomplish? Will they ever get Enjin back?) and then never push those things forwards or only very little. Instead lets introduce some more side characters and have some fights. Whee!

...but those fights look fucking great and all the side characters have really cool designs so fuck it. I'm on this ride.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #191769

kabeneri was ok i guess

the last couple of eps lost me. the finale was good but yeah
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #191771

reading goodnight punpun now entirely to try and get closer to the girl at work
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #191772

captain sawrge wrote:reading goodnight punpun now entirely to try and get closer to the girl at work
both the comic and this fact are insanely depressing
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #192075

captain sawrge wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:reading goodnight punpun now entirely to try and get closer to the girl at work
This is really fucking me up because I got into punpun for the same reason

Came for the whore, stayed for the :^
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #192172

if you guys didn't watch Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge last season, cour is over so now is a good time to catch up.

Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #192179

paprika wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
This is really fucking me up because I got into punpun for the same reason

Came for the whore, stayed for the :^
i finished it last night at around 1 in the morning and then came into work today at 6am for 8 hours
spent the whole time feeling empty and thinking about how epic it would be to die
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192198

Where the fuck are you guys meeting attractive girls who read Punpun?

What the shitting fuck?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #192231

An0n3 wrote:Where the fuck are you guys meeting attractive girls who read Punpun?

What the shitting fuck?
walmart

post-script: apparently she's juggling like 3 other guys and i havent even made a move or anything so thats a nice little bonus to go along with the cool happy ending of Oyasumi Punpun
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #192315

Sakamoto ended, I'm in tears.
I don't think it's normal to cry at the end of a comedy...
私は完璧
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #192497

http://www.dailymotion.com/jojogoanimate

All Jojo OPs improved via goanimate

Would have linked youtube but they were taken down
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #192565

AAHHH ReZero is heating up!
New season means New Op and New Ed and they're both great.
Not to mention the episode's actual content.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192848

I watched Amaama to Inazuma from the new season having no idea what it was about.

It's a slice-of-life type show that's both really different in its setup and also almost made me fucking cry out of nowhere holy shit. Yow.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #192947

An0n3 wrote:I watched Amaama to Inazuma from the new season having no idea what it was about.

It's a slice-of-life type show that's both really different in its setup and also almost made me fucking cry out of nowhere holy shit. Yow.
Is that the one with the single dad?
I wanted to look at that but haven't gotten around to starting anything this season (mainly cos the things I'm more into haven't aired yet)

Edit: YEEEEES it is that show and it's wonderful, I'm loving this.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #193230

Figured I might as well start watching some of the other new series until DR3 and Mob Psycho 100 begin airing so I downloaded a couple first episodes. Apparently there is one series this season that already had all of its episodes released?

EDIT: Momokuri achieved in its first minute what a lot of anime can't do in 24 episodes, I'm impressed.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #193285

Remie Richards wrote: Edit: YEEEEES it is that show and it's wonderful, I'm loving this.
Yeah I'm looking forward to watching more of it. It's really bittersweet. Very atypical setup, there's no fantasy twist or goofy magical thing that makes it all okay. It's a single Dad just trying to make things work out for his daughter and himself. I wonder how this show made it to production without someone trying to crowbar some kind of magical girl thing or "...and what if the dad was a VaMpiRe WhwoOWOOWoWo" gimmick...and I'm totally glad it did.

That part where he just looks over at his daughter eating rice and breaks up I had to pause the show because I was going to lose it too fuck.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #193287

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT the OP for Servamp is the edgiest thing that has ever existed.

New technologies in edge were pioneered just for this clip. Brace yourself.

[youtube]sw9u07y6Y5U[/youtube]

Sawrge did you direct this?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #193294

Started reading Murcielago

Holy fuck
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #193319

An0n3 wrote: without someone trying to crowbar some kind of magical girl thing .
But they did get a magical girl thing in :^)
Magi-Magi, Magical Magical!
Ricotez wrote:Apparently there is one series this season that already had all of its episodes released?
Yeah ReLIFE was livestreamed in it's entirety as part of some event, some fan sub groups (I know Horriblesubs did) took that and subbed it all already.
Can't imagine the quality is perfect tho, given it's basically chopped up livestream vods.

Actually Rico, while I'm here, you're the only person I know who really knows the dangans and the ronpas.
what's up with there being two anime for it this season? and what order should they be watched in? I'm lost, I've only played (and watched sadly) the first danganronpa.
It looks like it's Mirai Hen and then Zetsubō Hen? is that right?
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #193326

Remie Richards wrote:Actually Rico, while I'm here, you're the only person I know who really knows the dangans and the ronpas.
what's up with there being two anime for it this season? and what order should they be watched in? I'm lost, I've only played (and watched sadly) the first danganronpa.
It looks like it's Mirai Hen and then Zetsubō Hen? is that right?
Mirai-Hen is a sequel to both games and directly related to the events in both of them. It's the "real" Dangan Ronpa 3, it is supposed to be the ending to the Hope's Peak arc of Dangan Ronpa. The upcoming game, New Dangan Ronpa V3, takes place in the future and at a new school and supposedly will have no relation to the Hope's Peak arc beyond taking place in the same universe and featuring Monokuma.

Zetsubou-Hen a prequel to both games, but focuses on the characters of DR2. So it's also gonna have a ton of spoilers.

Either way you're gonna be spoiled for DR2 if you watch either of them. The game is out on Steam, and was on sale during the Summer Sale, so if you didn't pick it up you have only yourself to blame.

By the way, I doubt that Ultra Despair Girls is going to play a major role in either. There might be some small references but usually the writers are good enough at not spoiling stuff if they don't strictly have to.
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #193431

FUCK THE DR3 PV IS OUT IT IS SO FUCKING FULL OF HYYYYYPE

I'm not gonna link it bc it's also full of spoilers but these two series are going to be so good
Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #193447

dangan ronpa is really ,really ,really bad
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #193448

Let me say it once more to affirm that this isn't a shitpost but only 100% realposting:
Danganronpa is really, really, really bad.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #193449

That's ok. You are allowed to have that opinion.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #193515

I also think Dangan Ronpa is immensely overrated.

I checked out Murcielago because I'd never heard of it and holy fuck what indeed.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #193525

It's so visceral and depraved and wacky

I fucking love it
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #193591

o yea i was reading teppu for a while but i forgot about it now i'm too lazy to catch up lmao
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #194082

For those of you who are interested in Dangan Ronpa and haven't played the second game yet, it's currently on sale on Steam.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194150

Really digging that avatar Rico. Could you post it in this thread for posterity?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #194153

oh sure

ill throw a version without hat in as well

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #194287

I know they didn't say how many episodes the Ace Attorney anime was going to be, but it's 14th episode (which I thought was just going to be a special) has an entirely new intro showing off new characters ("new" for the anime, they're not new if you play the games (which I haven't)) and legit looks like it's another cour!

I am genuinely happy right now, I know people are 50/50 on whether the AA anime is great or complete trash but it really makes me smile.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #194299

The Ace Attorney anime has enough redeeming factors to make it worthwhile. It's obvious that a lot of thought has been put in it, even if the animation quality dips sometimes. It's really an anime made for the fans, which means they have to get all the details right, and throw some extra Larry in there for good measure.

The 13th episode was the first time that the anime really added something though. Even if that something was just the antics of the Dynamic Trio, and tiny Franziska with the riding crop she also has in the flashback chapter in Ace Attorney Investigations.

I'm very happy that they're also gonna do the second game, because it has my favourite chapter in the entire series. I'm looking forward to how that one will play out in an anime.
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #194679

Uh... today's ReZero episode was...
Holy shit.
私は完璧