Has anyone played...

Talk about video games here
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Has anyone played...

Post by EndgamerAzari » #193131

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we could ask if anyone's played games we have an interest in, but haven't gotten a chance to play yet, and those of us who have played it can answer questions about it. If people feel this is unnecessary it's fine if it's deleted.

For example: has anyone played Miscreated? It looks like just another Rust-style survival game, but it looks like it might be fun--the base building looks promising.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Re: Has anyone played...

Post by Maccus » #193353

If you're one of six other people on the planet who've played Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader we're friends until I find a reason to not like you
Spoiler:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193358

Hearts of Iron IV anyone?
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #193367

Anyone played the castle Drachenfel DLC for warhammer vermintide? Considering getting back in to the game with some new missions but dont want to waste my ten bucks
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193372

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:Hearts of Iron IV anyone?
Hey, I made a thread for it and no one came. Basically it's pretty dumbed down. The lack of OOB and fine control over units because of the limitations of plans is most jaring. The mana points suck too, forcing you to to train all units all the time (to get the points) or fite to even be able change the composition of your units. I like the national trees, they allow you to focus on things and open new opportunities without game-yfing stuff like diplomacy too much.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #193389

Anyone played Original War?
私は完璧
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #193403

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:Hearts of Iron IV anyone?
Would not even call it an early access alpha, that's how bad it is and how little features/depth it has
Great example of 'nice idea, missing implementation', with the AI being absolutely shit-tier and incapable of even basic warfare. Babysitting a must-do or your units will suicide or just plain not do as you ordered them to do, and the air/naval game manages to be clumsy - Both too wide with overly large air zones and too small with the airplanes litterally not caring about anything except their assigned zone

You can station bombers in France and tell them to bomb middle Britain, and they will completely ignore all fighters over France, the English channel and south Britain. And if you're using close air support you better babysit them to make sure they're in the right air tile for their job, and based at the right airbase. Or they just plain won't do their job.

Balance is all fucked up, with naval bombers ending the need for even owning a navy past some destroyers and submarines to stall the enemy fleet with how effective they are, and the AI is completely incapable of:
Carrier use(Instead electing to use it like a battleship)
Paratroopers(Uses them only as front line troops)
Supply use(The AI manages to both over and underestimate supply necessity at the same time, completely ignoring things like ports when doing a naval landing, and refusing to move past an arbitrary supply tile for fear of 1% attrition, thus abandoning your front line)
Basic military tactics(The AI will abandon tiles and ignore breaches, as well as activating strategic redeployment seemingly at random, which essentially reduces the unit it activated on to 1% fighting capacity. In addition, plans you draw on the map are, at best, suggestions. The AI will not actually follow your orders, even though the orders you give are broad and lack the tools needed to define what you actually want from them)

There is more, but I have dinner, so I'll just post this
XSI

Post by XSI » #193416

Alright dinner is done so fuck it. More HoI 4 ranting!

Politics is arbitrary and designed mainly around four parties, nothing else. This is a huge step down from HoI 3 which had 10+ in some places. In addition, you can no longer interact with politics except by spending your 'politics mana'.
Speaking of which, fuck this mana crap they're using now. "Experience mana" is absolutely awful, gone is the ability to fit different engines and different guns on planes and boats, now you can only upgrade existing attributes, often without drawback or with a drawback so small it's pretty much a joke. All it really means is that you can get a better ship/fighter. But it's not like that matters either, since the only way to really win air and naval battles is to just bring MORE, rather than any sort of tactics or skillful management. It's all about just throwing in more factory use. And I'm not talking about the USSR bringing shitty planes to fight BF109s either, every single air and naval thing in this is decided almost purely by numbers.
Bright side? At least close air support actually helps your battles. If you somehow manage to need that.

Worst is the land experience mana, as mentioned by Lumbermancer above, your units are stuck entirely as they are until you spend land-mana to change and customise your divisions. You will be annoyed early on because it is an arbitrary limitation on what you can do(Research and build things? NOPE. Nobody uses them until you reach the mystical 5 or 10 mana so you can magic equipment into your army so they actually do what you want them to do.
Not that that matters a lot, as once again, the AI will act exactly the same no matter what units are in your army. When you're France and holding the line against Italy, expect your tanks to be moved into the Alps and your mountaineer divisions to be moved to the flat land. And then expect Italy to stand there and not attack for several years until they capitulate to a naval landing of six divisions and three airplanes. The AI is exceptionally poor at any sort of defence, preferring to not move any units for any reason even if this means letting their entire nation get taken over.

I've played France and landed six divisions at Sicily. They walked from there to Rome, forced an Italian capitulation, then marched through Munich and into Berlin, where they finally met their first opponent. While the game loudly beeps at you as soon as a naval invasion is even planned, it doesn't tell you anything when the thing actually arrives. So of course you're going to wonder why the game says "naval invasion in progress" for Normandy, Bordaux, and Hannover, only to later find five units of marines(Read: Regular infantry because German AI doesn't into marines) standing on a port in the baltic sea- And taking this port ends the invasion warning.
Meanwhile, if you play Germany, expect a lot of naval invasion warnings. And not a single mention when they actually landed, you're going to be constantly flipping back and forth between the Russian front and France just to see if there is anything in sight, because if you don't, the first warning you'll get for it will be the message that Paris has been reconquered by the allies.

And then you go check and it's six americans and an Irishman, without any supplies or ports to bring them supplies, starving to death while a single Italian division leads a suicide charge across a river.

The GOOD part about this though? Again, as mentioned above, the national focus trees are nice. It's a shame they only exist for 8 nations. Literally everyone else gets a generic focus tree which, granted, is decently powerful and has some good bonuses in it.
Even some of the bigger players in the game get this generic tree- China, Spain, Yugoslavia, Sweden, Denmark and Norway, all the Benelux. It feels like they just plain decided not to finish the national focus tree stuff.

Oh, and then SPAIN. Yes. Lets talk about Spain. The Spanish civil war- Nice little thing, but it's decided before it even started. If Russia sends tanks, the communists win. If Germany sends tanks, the fascists win. If both or neither send tanks, it's a toss-up because the AI is absolutely incapable of winning without an advantage like "Impenetrable tanks". Even if they do have that advantage, expect them to sit on their ass and do nothing for a long time

I think I'm done here, but mostly just because if I keep going I'm going to fill up the entire page here.

In short: HoI 4 is only better than HoI 3 in one way: Less crashing.
Not that it doesn't crash at all, it still does. Just less.
And you still need to pause the game to reorganise everything every now and then. Just expect to do it in smaller scales more often because you have to babysit everything now. Every single unit you have needs your personal attention or they'll put a fork in the power outlet
Last edited by XSI on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #193432

My favourite meme is the AI building a fucking autobahn in the middle of the saharan desert and then transporting literally hundreds of thousands of troops through these magical desert highways and FUCKING RAMMING ME IN THE ASS with them.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193435

Damn shame. I was looking for a more in depth version of R.U.S.E which is still one of my favorite strategy games.
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
Lzimann's best friend.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193465

I mean, there's already in depth version of RUSE, it's called Wargame. Red Dragon being the latest installment.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
XSI

Post by XSI » #193466

Can confirm, Wargame is good for in-depth tactical warfare of the modern variety
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193490

Yeah but can i see my units fuck shit up? I liked how in RUSE i could see my tank round fucking other tanks up
Lzimann's best friend.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #193491

The artillery in RUSE had incredible sounds to it. The screaming of the artillery shells as they hit the ground and blow up buildings.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193499

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:Yeah but can i see my units fuck shit up? I liked how in RUSE i could see my tank round fucking other tanks up
Dude, if /k/ is your main board and you have hardon for military there's absolutely nothing quite like it. It's like ARMA of RTS.

XSI

Post by XSI » #193507

Wargame is pretty fast once the action gets going, but there's great detail and you can zoom all the way in. Would recommend
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193510

Maybe I will if it goes on sale soon
Lzimann's best friend.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #193511

Anyone played The Curious Expedition? I've been watch/listening to some playthroughs of it and it sounds really fun/funny, and I can get it for just over $10 on the Humble Store.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #193521

add me on steam for wargame red dragon thanks and god bless
http://steamcommunity.com/id/colonicacid
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193522

I have only EE and AB if you want to play multis.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #193524

Saw Technomancer on Steam and it caught my interest. Anyone had a chance to try it yet? If it's any good I might grab it when I'm not broke as shit
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #193531

Red dragon is pretty much an improvement in all aspects over AB that it's not really worth going back.
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #193533

Jacough wrote:Saw Technomancer on Steam and it caught my interest. Anyone had a chance to try it yet? If it's any good I might grab it when I'm not broke as shit
It's a Spider title which means it's gonna be pretty cult gamey. I played the game it's a sequel to (Did you know it's a sequel?), Mars: War Logs, and while I had fun, I can definitely see how someone would not enjoy it.
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #193535

Anyone here play Teleglitch? Fucking love that game.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #193542

Maccus wrote:
Jacough wrote:Saw Technomancer on Steam and it caught my interest. Anyone had a chance to try it yet? If it's any good I might grab it when I'm not broke as shit
It's a Spider title which means it's gonna be pretty cult gamey. I played the game it's a sequel to (Did you know it's a sequel?), Mars: War Logs, and while I had fun, I can definitely see how someone would not enjoy it.
Yeah, I feel as if people forget for games to be "great" there always needs to be mediocre games like Technomancer. It's not a bad game, it's average. It's fun with some flaws but its perfectly playable and enjoyable as well.

It's not Mass Effect 1/KOTOR good but it's chick-fil a good u get me.
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #193555

Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #193557

Isn't that that gay car game
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #193646

Not exactly obscure, but anyone else fondly remember Golden Sun?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193698

Had golden sun, enjoyed it somewhat.

Most mentions of it are people panning it though wasn't a very original rpg.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193699

Cosmic wrote:I'm enjoying War Thunder's airplane battles
You need to bind separate keys for rudder and ailerons, this will allow you to override mouse to some degree. Unless you want to play Sim, there's absolutely no reason to use joystick for RB, you will only end handicapping yourself.

You should also join me and Bolien, we fly and tank sometimes.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #193700

Incomptinence wrote:Had golden sun, enjoyed it somewhat.

Most mentions of it are people panning it though wasn't a very original rpg.
I loved the music.
I didn't like how they fucked up their mythology.
But hey, they had lizardmen!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193729

We're actually playing in the British baby tier too.

I have mouse look on right mouse button (leftover from world of tanks), and rudder at shift and control. This way you can easily do loops or hard horizontal turns while keeping your target in view.
XSI

Post by XSI » #193794

CosmicScientist wrote:... with a joystick/flight stick?
(...)War Thunder's airplane battles(...)
Wow you picked poorly if you wanted to use a joystick. Unless you play full realistic only, never use a joystick in War Thunder. It is a straight downgrade in terms of being able to actually hit your opponent and only better for energy fighters(BF109, American planes) while remaining decent for turning based planes like the British spitfires(Most of them)

While it is great and the freedom to actually control your plane is so much better for maneuvers and immersion, none of that matters if you're dealing with people in airplanes with cannons and an engine strong enough to just point directly at you and have their mouse aim give them near perfect accuracy for long enough to fuck you up.
Which is most of them.

Sure, you can avoid being rammed much better, and the control over your movement means you won't be ramming people as much either. But none of that matters if Vladimir Cyka just flies straight at you and aims his cannons near you without having to worry about things such as about his rudder, trajectory, or even if his guns are set at the right convergance - The mouse control scheme takes care of all that stuff
I do in fact suggest a joystick and would argue it is the only way to play a flightsim without being awful at it in a well made flight sim. But mouse flying like War Thunder is just more effective at hitting your enemy, and that's all you need to do since you can't fly well with holes in your wings.
Nobody cares if you can do fancy maneuvers if they can just point and click you to death with minimal effort

tl;dr
Flighstick is for realistic dogfighting and flying, War Thunder can not into realistic flying for multiple reasons, and playing it with a joystick will not be a fun experience 90% of the time
The choice is yours, be able to fly really well, or be able to win really well.
XSI

Post by XSI » #199184

Wyzack wrote:Anyone played the castle Drachenfel DLC for warhammer vermintide? Considering getting back in to the game with some new missions but dont want to waste my ten bucks
Played through this with people from here and one pub(Who joined halfway through as one of us had to go)
Pretty good missions, with some pretty good level design. It has a few neat concepts that I hope they do more with, but in the end it was pretty short, even if they were harder missions by virtue of being somewhat longer feeling than the base game missions.

Emphasis on teamwork for these, worth playing through but I'm not sure if 10bux is a good price unless you plan to replay them on harder difficulties.

Good: Introduces several new concepts that are actually pretty fun. I'd like to see them do more with these
Big levels with lots of neat (Even new) scenery
Only the host needs to own it, everyone else can join the host

Bad: "Get the magical mcguffin" -Which then disappears into never being mentioned again
Vulnerable to bad pub players during some sections
Didn't take long to get through it
Last edited by XSI on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199188

Here's one, not sure how many times I posted this now, but some old spaceship game.
All that I remember about it is that the main component of every ship was a fuckhuge particle accelerator, which meant that they all had some ring/disk shape to them, and that it's up on GoG, I believe.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #199194

Startopia?

That was a spacestation shaped like a ring, not a ship though. So I'm not sure if that's the one you're after
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199196

No, it was a common element of ship design.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #199203

I-War / Independence War my ligga.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199206

Shit, man.

I gotta obtain this again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #199315

it was super cereal on newtonian physics too if i recall correctly.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199395

I know.
My brand of autism.

non-lizard things: