Team Fortress 2: Global Offensive Update!*

Talk about video games here
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Team Fortress 2: Global Offensive Update!*

Post by TrustyGun » #101122

*actually called Gun Mettle Update

New Update for Team Fortress 2, called the Gun Mettle Update.

Reason for the title is that is the update adds cases and skins similarly to CS:GO. Also 3 community maps and a whole lot of weapon changes.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Team Fortress 2: Global Offensive Update!*

Post by ThanatosRa » #101188

>Obligatory hat joke.

Hat Fortress 2: Global Hat-fensive Hatdate.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #101211

I really like it.

The engie's jag may be a tad OP. It's better at taking out sappers, upgrading, repair reaction time, and definitely setting up by a lot over the stock wrench.

Brass beast heavies are absolutely brutal. 20% damage resistance means you simply can't kill them fast enough, then you get completely shredded.

Dead ringer is apparently dead, but I haven't played spy with it yet so I wouldn't know. I'm happy that we don't have 3 spycicle/DR spies every single game, at least.

And both minisentry and loch n load are kill. Good riddance. Maybe they can be rebalanced in the future as something different, but I'm happy enough right now that they effectively got stomped into mulch.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #101240

You only get 2 contracts a week.

I want my 6 bucks back, Valve.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #101650

Force o' Nature still best gun, not even touched by nerfs. Good times.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #101689

I got a special skinned medigun from my first contract, not bad since I main medic
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102261

I cannot believe I made it to Youtube

https://youtu.be/93mnRpmS7OI?t=2m30s

(I'm the Medic who gets blown up)
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #113606

they added a new mode thats basically blood bowl meets tf2

AND ITS AMAZING
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #113805

huh

too bad it's not as good as unreal tournament 2003's gamemode
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #193409

They just released competitive matchmaking http://www.teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #193434

Too bad they released it 57 years too late
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #193439

Overwatch is still better in every way
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193440

Monkey with one arm could play Overwatch on a "competitive" level.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #193441

There's not a whole lot of skill involved in Overwatch. Most of the fights boil down to clicking on dudes until they get slightly too close then people pressing Q and they won the game.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #193445

paprika wrote:Overwatch is still better in every way
they are both fucking terrible but tf2 is at least not literally made for casuals
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #193453

>Overwatch is better

At least in TF2 if you play a certain class the other team doesn't have to counterplay you to win.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #193473

Lumbermancer wrote:Monkey with one arm could play Overwatch on a "competitive" level.
Zilenan91 wrote:There's not a whole lot of skill involved in Overwatch. Most of the fights boil down to clicking on dudes until they get slightly too close then people pressing Q and they won the game.
captain sawrge wrote:
they are both fucking terrible but tf2 is at least not literally made for casuals
ShadowDimentio wrote:>Overwatch is better

At least in TF2 if you play a certain class the other team doesn't have to counterplay you to win.
spoken like true hat fortress manchildren
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #193474

I think Overwatch is a good game but I wouldn't enjoy it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193475

paprika wrote:I main reaper and when I do death blossom I feel like a real badass because i get people to die
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #193563

paprika wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Monkey with one arm could play Overwatch on a "competitive" level.
Zilenan91 wrote:There's not a whole lot of skill involved in Overwatch. Most of the fights boil down to clicking on dudes until they get slightly too close then people pressing Q and they won the game.
captain sawrge wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:>Overwatch is better

spoken like true hat fortress manchildren
dang i have been extremely owned by the man that unironically purchases blizzard products
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #193569

Overwatch is more casual than TF2 tbqh because Overwatch is loads easier to master and probably the only real draw is (horribly grating) waifus
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #193570

Valve has unlimited money and a ton of TF2's stuff is made pretty much for free at this point.

TF2 is about as immortal as a game can get.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #193589

unironically. splatoon remains the best current gen competitive shooter.

feel free to disagree but youd be wromng
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #193612

captain sawrge wrote:unironically. splatoon remains the best current gen competitive shooter.

feel free to disagree but youd be wromng
>Not ARMA 3
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #193654

TF2SS13 When?

It'll be quicker than a sequel.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #193769

Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193770

I actually reinstalled the game and hell, it's still fun as fuck. Soldiers rocketjumping around, Demos flying too. Scouts fucking fucks sprinting around. Medics pushing. Matches last more than 5 minutes too.

I wish you could enable vanilla mode and disable the fucking hats (because I sold all my cosmetics so fuck you).

Vote Heavy.