2k16 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Malkevin

Re: 2k16 /pol/

Post by Malkevin » #192322

Bottom post of the previous page:

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Because America took a while to end slavery democracy is shit

You're actually retarded

Simple question: In what alternate system would slavery have been ended sooner
Constitutional Monarchy as it turned out.

Edit: The southern states, unsurprisingly, did not vote to end slavery but instead actually voted to secede from the union (for lots of other reasons aside from slavery), as was their constitutional prerogative.
It took an unconstitutional invasion of the northern states to stop that and by proxy end slavery in the south. I don't know what you'd call that but it certainly wasn't democracy.

And neither was the Royal Navy blowing the shit out of Zanzibar for that matter. I strongly doubt the Arabs and strong Blacks voted for that.
Last edited by Malkevin on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #192324

Royalty is obsolete and must go. I still can't believe that like more than half european states are still ruled by a monarch
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #192327

CosmicScientist wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Royalty is obsolete and must go. I still can't believe that like more than half european states are still ruled by a monarch
Ahem. Ours is called Lizzie and she's a lovely house cat, however unlike a house cat she isn't our oppressor, that's left to the conservatives. If she dies, we might struggle to enjoy the next one enough to keep it though.
Things have never gone well with a monarch named Charles.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #192330

Its okay, he'll die first or only reign for a few years before with get another William or Harold.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #192341

Here's a pro-read for people wanting to look into why people voted the way they did.

I'd suggest reading the whole thing 'cause it goes into Trump's popularity now, the success of Blair/Clinton back then and so on and it's generally interesting read, but the tl;dr is basically...

"if the entire basis of your campaign is to call the people who disagree with you racist moron bigots, then that's not a very effective method of persuading them to vote for you instead"
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #192477

Well it helps when your opponent is all those things openly without any tact.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #192478

But Trump isn't racist
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #192486

He has been baiting the news and his opponents into saying he is though

So that he can slam them for it when he later explains his stance in a non-racist way
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #192488

Well I still haven't heard his argument backed with facts and figures as to why he requires a wall to be built on the border of mexico other than "they look brown and speak in a funny language".

Now let us look at the meaning of racist:
So, why does he feel that he requires the heterogenization of American culture to not include any Mexicans? Is it because he feels perhaps that American culture is too great to be "mixed" with a lesser country's population? What basis does his campaign of "Make America Great Again" come from? Is it because he wishes to make America great so it can be more charitable? No, we all know the answer to that, it's his self belief that America, but more specifically White, Christian Americans are being sidelined to the "ethnics" and suprise suprise majority of his voterbase are disenfranchised white middle income median voters who slurp on the prerogative that Trump is their saviour. He's a populist at heart, and a demagogue to boot. He has no political or ethical basis for any of his decisions and most, if not all of his actions are based on the fact that America and Americans are greater than everyone else, but put down by -Insert Ethnic Race here-. He can't scapegoat the black community, they've been scapegoated throughout most of American History and after the Civil Rights movement it's a taboo movement to even mention them in any sort of way as a "problem" for American society. You know what Ethnic races have no such taboos? Muslims and Mexicans. No suprises that both of these are the ethnicity taking most of the brunt of Trump's rambling xenophobia. Spice it up with some good old China scaring as they overtake you in virtually every field and boy you have a racist demagogue prying on the public's fears.

But I mean you can try and pull at straws that this "isn't really the meaning of racism to the dictionary definition!" and if you told me that to try and justify your stupid shit in real life I would probably shrug and agree. Before I planted my fist into your stupid, retarded and smug looking face. To hide a rampant civil problem behind just "It's not the true meaning of the adjective used to describe it!!!" is cowardly beyond belief. That's the type of shit that the suburban white kid says when he tries to justify his racism, but at the end of the day, that's probably all you are. You've never faced discrimination in your entire life, majority of you haven't, and yet you try and argue to people that "this really isn't racism, and this really isn't a problem, and honestly I think you're over reacting.".

You're like a bunch of 20/20 visioned people complaining about being able to see to a room full of blind people. Don't act like you have any moral throne to stand up and say what is and isn't racism or prejudice. You haven't faced it once in your entire sheltered life.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #192499

Trump could be a closet budha but he openly makes racist statements and supports racist policy.

Baiting is the most piss poor excuse for public behaviour i ever heard.

He's on podiums not 4chan.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #192500

He does get more support on 4chan than he does on the podium however...
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #192501

And for that very reason he will never be president.
XSI

Post by XSI » #192504

ColonicAcid wrote:Well I still haven't heard his argument backed with facts and figures as to why he requires a wall to be built on the border of mexico other than "they look brown and speak in a funny language".
Clearly you've not been paying attention to his speeches then
Illegal immigration is harmful to a nation for a shitton of reasons. And that is why he wants the wall.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #192506

XSI wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:Well I still haven't heard his argument backed with facts and figures as to why he requires a wall to be built on the border of mexico other than "they look brown and speak in a funny language".
Clearly you've not been paying attention to his speeches then
Illegal immigration is harmful to a nation for a shitton of reasons. And that is why he wants the wall.
is this like the whole thing when everyone's quoting Gove as saying the people of the country are "sick of experts", when if you actually watch the fucking interview they're quoting he pretty clearly says "sick of experts getting it wrong", but the interviewer talked over him for the second half of the sentence.

It was a dig at Heseltine and the like who'd been loudly proclaiming that the UK would be left behind if it didn't join the single currency for years, then was mysteriously quiet on the subject when the eurozone crisis happened. (as if you needed an excuse to take a dig at Heseltine)
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #192509

Oh please. The entirety of Gove's and johnson's campaign was about the fact they were sick of experts. Regardless of context it was what they were propagating. I mean for fuck sakes Boris misquoted a study about immigration and current trends that he didn't even read and was thoroughly put in his place by Alex Salmond on question time about it. They disregarded all and any economic experts opinion and projections as "project fear". They were not sick of experts getting it wrong. They were sick of expertsome ruining their chances of becoming prime minister.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #192531

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't a number of the pro-brexit politicians now backing out of things they (or the anonymous political machines they are involved with) promised they'd do if Britain left the EU, some of which backing down within less than a day?
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #192605

After Boris Johnson, Farage too says "kthxbye" and exits stage left

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 18626.html

Sink the ship, steal a lifeboat and sail away
XSI

Post by XSI » #192613

Well on the bright side, Poland and a whole bunch of Eastern European countries said they'd break up the entire EU if the EU was going to try to punish the UK for leaving

So there is that. I do like seeing the EU in this situation. Fuckers deserve it
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #192620

The East thinks it can influence us.

This is hilarious.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #192627

Serbia strong

Edit: Maybe their plan is to give all rapefugees EU passports and a train ticket to Germany/France, that'd be ironic - Poland deporting people to Germany.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #192635

Malkevin wrote:Serbia strong

Edit: Maybe their plan is to give all rapefugees EU passports and a train ticket to Germany/France, that'd be ironic - Poland deporting people to Germany.
Not a problem.
As discovered the last time we had a comparable refugee influx (90s, post-Soviet breakup), only a tenth stay and the majority who do are highly educated and as such beneficial to the economy.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #193210

Science team was too privileged. Google fixed it for you

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #193212

I'm sure the cleaners were celebrating too
XSI

Post by XSI » #193314

Probably. It all blends together after a while

Into a smoothie of shitting on everything and everyone
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193316

We need to stop making concessions to beardkin.

These beastmen should be purged by holy fire.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #193426

BTW, did anyone think of a Flux Capacitor when they first saw that google banner?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #193902

Another day, another shooting
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #193903

With each day and each shooting, political agendas grow more and more blatant and the populous grows ever more reactionary and ignorant.

Thus is fate.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #193904

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #193905

Word is that ISIS is using BLM as a cover, because those shooter tactics used on the cops were not gangbanger tactics.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193933

I don't really see the logic of that anyone isis affiliated would have shot the crowd too.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #193934

I have to go to Dallas today. I live in Louisiana, too.

Gonna be fun. Pray for me.
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #193950

Incomptinence wrote:I don't really see the logic of that anyone isis affiliated would have shot the crowd too.
Training.

You don't just have 4 hoodrats buy rifles and use moves like that. It takes training and experience to stay cool under fire and juke like they did.

What's sad is one of the officers killed had just gotten married too.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193953

Oh where else other than the johny come lately genocidal maniacs middle fucking east could people in the worlds most militant nation get military knowledge?

What's next attributing art of war to the fucking prophet muhammad?

Just saying, I find that extremely unlikely. Possible maybe but fucking barely.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #193958

So you're saying 4 ex-military guys just got together and decided to fuck up cops?

a correct post by pillz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193960

I wouldn't say ex military but it can be fucking taught or learned or whatever the fucking shit.

It's firearms not fucking voodoo.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #193962

Incomptinence wrote:I wouldn't say ex military but it can be fucking taught or learned or whatever the fucking shit.

It's firearms not fucking voodoo.
It's not the aiming, it's the tactics, the footwork, controlling yourself in a close=quarters firefight. I don't think you realize how dumb or clumsy you are when on adrenaline. They knew exactly how to exploit the cops lack of training.

Go watch the clip of the cop being juked if you haven't. If you can't understand that after seeing that horror, you're just choosing to play dumb.

a correct post by pillz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193964

I'm looking but there is a mountain of different footage.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #193966

Incomptinence wrote:I'm looking but there is a mountain of different footage.
[youtube]_Ft_INPi1_U[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193967

Sure it is some sort of training.

I will agree on that much.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #193988

"Black Power" movements are not unused to islamic affiliations (Nation of Islam, Malcolm X etc.), Islam can easily spread throughout a disenfranchised angry community and I can see ISIS recruit among the convertees
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #193993

I am confused, are you arguing that these guys with elite training could not have been from anywhere but isis? Do isis soldiers engaged in the middle east ever show this level of training and skill?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #194004

No, it's that ISIS does have ties to BLM and they'll do anything they can to cause shit in the US.

One shooter ID'd, ex-mil.

a correct post by pillz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194006

Grazyn wrote:"Black Power" movements are not unused to islamic affiliations (Nation of Islam, Malcolm X etc.), Islam can easily spread throughout a disenfranchised angry community and I can see ISIS recruit among the convertees
And the reason they do that is because evil whitey christians bought their ancestors.

Completely ignorant of the fact it was the muslims that sold the niggers to us in the first place.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #194013

Shitcurity, qm emagged a gun crate.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #194015

/pol/ says, Obama blamed it on guns. Again.
Bring back papercult.

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194017

By the way, were any of the shot cops black?

Guess Uncle Tom's life doesn't matter.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #194022

This is shooter's facebook page.
https://i.sli.mg/aqKL3i.png
I WONDER WHAT MIGHT HAVE MOTIVATED HIM
Bring back papercult.

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194023

Magic melanin.
XSI

Post by XSI » #194028

The amusing thing of american african descendants is that they don't even bother investigating their own heritage
>Nubian Roots culture center

The great majority of slaves brought to America were western African, the Nubians are eastern African. They are an entirely different culture, heritage, and people.
Shit, Africa has so many different tribes and cultures, even when divided into larger groups like Eastern Africans, western, southern, etc, that the great majority of these people in the US right now have no idea of their ancestors actual culture.

Though to be fair, chances are that their ancestors culture was burned, pillaged and looted by whoever sold them into slavery anyway, so there isn't much left to find
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #194038

nubian has pretty much turned into a catchall term for people who kind of care about their heritage but not enough to do any research the same way most whites just use aryan as a catchall or people who say they're 1/64th native american because they heard at a family reunion their great great grandaddy might have been eskimo brothers with an indian dude during the gold rush