Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
stiph
Byond Username: Stiphs

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by stiph » #179679

Bottom post of the previous page:

Wyzack wrote:I don't think you can get a new one aside from admin intervention
shit cause one time i try to play oldass ptsd janitor and want to use it, its like nope someone stole it.
You FKIG WoT M8

• Forms for the Form GOD
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #179680

I mean you could try praying for one. It is a pretty useless toy aside from using it to kill yourself
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #179692

Doubleposting for how do you make a plasmeme safe room? Panic syphon out all the gas and open a plasma can inside? Set the scrubbers to scrub everything but plasma?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #179694

Wyzack wrote:Doubleposting for how do you make a plasmeme safe room? Panic syphon out all the gas and open a plasma can inside? Set the scrubbers to scrub everything but plasma?
I actually did this, i'll post a picture when I get back on my main computer

I built a room in space and then flooded plasma.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #179703

Qbopper wrote:What are some good tips beyond the obvious "secure the disk/don't die" for being Captain? I have a good time but I'm not very good at it.
Use your all access to order a load of taser and armor crates from cargo, use that all access again to take over robotics and build an army of ED209s.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #179842

Wyzack wrote:Doubleposting for how do you make a plasmeme safe room? Panic syphon out all the gas and open a plasma can inside? Set the scrubbers to scrub everything but plasma?
i've taken multiple hacks at this and never quite finished but from what i gathered:
- panic syphoning works but is really slow unless you have a LOT of scrubbers, and since as far as i can tell you cant set them to not scrub plasma when on panic it's not very efficient
- building a room over space is a good idea since it will have no air guaranteed
- either make a double airlock area to secure the atmosphere, or make a short disposals pipe route that goes in and out
- best way to pump in plasma is to get a canister connected to a port set to 101.3 and leave it open, more consistent than a vent as far as i can tell
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
stiph
Byond Username: Stiphs

Post by stiph » #179851

Wyzack wrote:I mean you could try praying for one. It is a pretty useless toy aside from using it to kill yourself
Thats the point mang
You FKIG WoT M8

• Forms for the Form GOD
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #180517

so as you probably haven't noticed i've been gone for a while, and i've been thinking of coming back recently. is HG still a massive cunt? are people still (successfully) advocating for AI removal? what all has gone down/changed in the past half year or so?
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #180537

Yes to all of those.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #180551

Deitus wrote:so as you probably haven't noticed i've been gone for a while, and i've been thinking of coming back recently. is HG still a massive cunt? are people still (successfully) advocating for AI removal? what all has gone down/changed in the past half year or so?
I'll answer this without being scott.
People WERE advocating for AI removal, then we tested it and people didn't like it. HG isn't really that big of a deal anymore, he does his job and that's it, really.
We have lavaland! New monsters, ashwalker fights, tribal bases, and beach bums.
We have dismemberment! Actually, that explains itself.
We have Peacekeepers. I mean, if this is good or not is up to you, it's kinda controversial but it's a new borg woo :honk:
And soon...
We'll have you. Our community doesn't grow unless we get new people or old people rejoining and generally everything inbetween. I'd argue my favorite part about this game is everyone in it.
I really recommend coming back, this game has gone places, and while some say this game is going downhill... They might be right but for now enjoy the ride :honkman:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #180598

Deitus wrote:is HG still a massive cunt? are people still (successfully) advocating for AI removal? what all has gone down/changed in the past half year or so?
HG still is a massive cunt.
Deitus wrote:are people still (successfully) advocating for AI removal?
People are advocating, and people are getting told to shut up.
Deitus wrote:what all has gone down/changed in the past half year or so?
New: Lavaland, which is fucking deadly but can get you some serious loot. Mining gets to go there by default, and there's usually a handful of ghost spawners.
Also, dismemeberment.
Buncha new cybernetic shit.
Malf AIs - wait, was that more than half a year ago? - no longer exist, but traitor ones get malf powers and earn cycles by hacking APCs.
Peacekeeper borgs are basically secborgs except without stuns or range. They exist to meme on everyone equally, and I find them hella fun.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #181353

How do you set vents to scrub mode?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
LordPudding
Byond Username: Ryanfcc1701

Post by LordPudding » #181376

Is there any specific variable to edit on the Mass Driver to reduce the distance of the launch, or is it hardcoded that it's infinite and only stops when you hit something? I wanted to make a cannon to launch mechs into spess using the mass driver, but looks like there's no variable that changes the distance. I can just make a block on the middle with some catwalks instead but I'm curious if this can be done. I also wanted to make a computer that modifies that variable to the number that you selected but I have no idea how to do that lol (or if it can even be done)
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #181383

An object in motion...
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #181569

LordPudding wrote:Is there any specific variable to edit on the Mass Driver to reduce the distance of the launch, or is it hardcoded that it's infinite and only stops when you hit something? I wanted to make a cannon to launch mechs into spess using the mass driver, but looks like there's no variable that changes the distance. I can just make a block on the middle with some catwalks instead but I'm curious if this can be done. I also wanted to make a computer that modifies that variable to the number that you selected but I have no idea how to do that lol (or if it can even be done)
The derelict one has a speed variable, but in space an object that is moving will not stop unless acted on by an outside force.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #181574

LordPudding wrote:Is there any specific variable to edit on the Mass Driver to reduce the distance of the launch, or is it hardcoded that it's infinite and only stops when you hit something? I wanted to make a cannon to launch mechs into spess using the mass driver, but looks like there's no variable that changes the distance. I can just make a block on the middle with some catwalks instead but I'm curious if this can be done. I also wanted to make a computer that modifies that variable to the number that you selected but I have no idea how to do that lol (or if it can even be done)
[youtube]sCoHT_cHPzY[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #181580

Theres like 3 vars that control how hard it launches, but only one of these really matters for space.

If you're launching across actual floors, like inside a hallway then yeah you can use drive_range to tell how many tiles it will shoot. Default is 50 I think? Setting this to like 5 or so should get you into space past lattices and shit, then stop you on the first tile with "gravity" on it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
LordPudding
Byond Username: Ryanfcc1701

Post by LordPudding » #182065

Yeah, I'll try that out. It's also because you can't really use the mech "thrusters" to slow down the launch or some shit, you just get consistently launched until you hit something which is pretty euch. I guess the lack of an acceleration system in ss13 kinda hurts this idea in general (i think it doesnt have one, right?)
EDIT: Also I'm launching from the disposals (because mass driver was already programmed there *shrug*), so it's straight into space
Reece

Post by Reece » #184218

Do airborne viruses get put into the atmos loop? If say you managed to get a cannister with infected air into distro would that then spread it everywhere?
Asdf3131
Byond Username: Asdf3131

Post by Asdf3131 » #184240

Hotwiring the engine, is it possible? Can I reroute the power cables to lead directly from the engine into the power grid (bypassing the SMES) and greatly increase damage by shocked doors/grilles?
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #184241

Asdf3131 wrote:Hotwiring the engine, is it possible? Can I reroute the power cables to lead directly from the engine into the power grid (bypassing the SMES) and greatly increase damage by shocked doors/grilles?
Yes, it is, and it actually is a valid (heh) strategy for engiborgs slaved to traitor AI, engineering when they want to add LOTS of power to the powernet (maybe admins somehow drained all APCs), or as a way of forcibly removing power sinks - though it does cause them to explode, nothing detonates them like wiring singuloth directly into the powernet.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #184468

Asdf3131 wrote:Hotwiring the engine, is it possible? Can I reroute the power cables to lead directly from the engine into the power grid (bypassing the SMES) and greatly increase damage by shocked doors/grilles?
Grab T-ray scanner/Engi goggles, look for yellow (incoming power) and red (outgoing power) cable anywhere in engineering, connect the two.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #184582

Why do you still play this game?
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #184583

Whoisthere wrote:Why do you still play this game?
:cry: good question
Reece

Post by Reece » #184622

Whoisthere wrote:Why do you still play this game?
Too shit scared of social interaction beyond screaming and punching to do anything else.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #190369

[youtube]UPHmazxB38g[/youtube]

Who made this song?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #190382

Some goonfag.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #190416

Reece wrote:Do airborne viruses get put into the atmos loop? If say you managed to get a cannister with infected air into distro would that then spread it everywhere?
No. Airborne viruses just have a chance to spread to anyone within three tiles of other infected individuals- they do not travel through the atmos system.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Reece

Post by Reece » #190434

That makes me sad.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #190478

Chem-atmos when?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #190489

Only if Atmos gets a vaporiser to load with massive vats of death.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #190497

Would be pretty cool to deliver a massive healing med load, or a vaccine in one go.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #190581

What if we gave atmos a configurable sprinkler system that can with a little effort be used to spray a short burst of chems in specific areas. Start it as water for dousing fires, but can be loaded with healing chems, mutagen, infected blood. Maybe have it blare a few seconds before firing so it is not a gg death Chem shower.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #190583

add poo so I can fill the sprinkler system with poo to poop on everyone by proxy
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Reece

Post by Reece » #190589

Wyzack wrote:What if we gave atmos a configurable sprinkler system that can with a little effort be used to spray a short burst of chems in specific areas. Start it as water for dousing fires, but can be loaded with healing chems, mutagen, infected blood. Maybe have it blare a few seconds before firing so it is not a gg death Chem shower.
Yeah, as funny as flooding the entire brig with polyacid, lube and blood loaded with brainrot would it seems a bit cruel.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #190601

Would probably be better if those sprinklers had to be loaded locally, maybe with a central system for each department or shit like that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190673

Are fireballs stopped by timestop?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Reece

Post by Reece » #191989

Is there a way to make clustergrenades?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #191994

Reece wrote:Is there a way to make clustergrenades?
No
Zilenan91 wrote:Are fireballs stopped by timestop?
It should
Reece

Post by Reece » #192004

Kor wrote:
Reece wrote:Is there a way to make clustergrenades?
No
This brings me great sadness. You make ghetto ones by remote signalling a bag full, which will have to do.
molimoch
Byond Username: Molimoch

Post by molimoch » #192125

How do you make bombs or allahu akbar yourself?
Reece

Post by Reece » #192130

molimoch wrote:How do you make bombs or allahu akbar yourself?
What kind of bomb? Chem nades with bluspace beakers can be hilariously destructive, they can be set off with signallers or timers.
Gas bombs are superheated plasma mixing with super chilled O2 to make a boom.
molimoch
Byond Username: Molimoch

Post by molimoch » #192184

Reece wrote:
molimoch wrote:How do you make bombs or allahu akbar yourself?
What kind of bomb? Chem nades with bluspace beakers can be hilariously destructive, they can be set off with signallers or timers.
Gas bombs are superheated plasma mixing with super chilled O2 to make a boom.
What? Chem nades with bluespace beakers sound interesting. What are they?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #192185

Chem nades are nades you make in chem.

Bluespace beakers are a science tech that requires a lot of rare shit (diamonds at least, don't know about other requirements) but hold 300 units each.

Imagine 600 units of nitroglycerine going off in one spot and you know what they can do.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #192190

I always found just explosions to be a waste of chem nades myself, best one I ever made was a gasthat knocked you out,made you hallucinate, got you drunk, poisoned you and caused a minor plasma flood followed by a fireball, ackbar'd sec with one on a timer and husked it out, killed all but two officers and even got the HOP and Cap during rev.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #192191

IED witness spears are pretty great during rev.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Reece

Post by Reece » #192227

How do you make an exclamation mark over your head? Saw some guy do it earlier.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #192230

The exclamation mark happens when someone sees a cardboard box with someone inside it get opened. It's a reference to Metal Gear Solid.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #192233

And it has the wrong sound effect.
Which pisses me off.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #192234

Ah.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #194118

How do you fill up chemical implants? The implant pad says you use a syringe on it while it's in the original casing, but the implant specifically says you can't use it on it while it's in its case when you try to use a syringe on it. I prayed, and an admin told me it was really complicated and they didn't know either. So after around an hour trying to use my ID to swipe literally everything, trying to break it open, trying to do everything to this implant, I had to give up.