Post by Vaegir Guard » #19341

captain planet wuz her
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Re: HOW TO BE THE BEST WIZARD IN SS13

Post by Lovecraft » #19346

3x Summon Magic.
2x Summon Guns.
Teleport to station, thrown on red suit, clip beard, no one knows the difference.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #19347

the incoherent screaming really details the true magic missile experience
Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Post by Mono » #19352

I've wanted to this for such a long time. Literally take nothing but mm x 5. I guess dreams really do come true
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #19355

is there anything more funny than magic missile and disintegrate
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #19357

Animate all the things
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #19383

That is from the Russian server I looked into a couple of times for their sprites. They have very awesome sprites and some of their code is open source so I have some neat stuff.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #19393

if anyone was to take 5xMM I would reduce the cd to 1 second for them.
I play Boris Pepper.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #19395

Bluespace wrote:if anyone was to take 5xMM I would reduce the cd to 1 second for them.
I feel like this would break the server due to the pure hatred radiating from/towards the wizard.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #19406

I found that MM + Mutate + Blink(maybe even jaunt) causes a lot more anger. Everytime this happens the deadchat is furious.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #19438

Tokiko2 wrote:I found that MM + Mutate + Blink(maybe even jaunt) causes a lot more anger. Everytime this happens the deadchat is furious.
Don't forget to grab a riot shield from the armory, they're great AND piss people off.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #19440

ei nath on that shit cake is like the tiptp shitcing
or icshit
or icign shit
huuuuuuuuuuuh
crack is whack but smacks got your back
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #19492

artificer wizard is the best wizard
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #19498

This is completely useless other than being an annoying faggot. So actually its pretty good I guess.

True PLAY2WIN Wizard is jaunt, mm, fireball and EI NATH. also buy a destruction apprentice to sow chaos while you get your shit done.

Funmode is blink, mm, and mutate plus whatever else. Wear armor and get a riot shield for that extra bit of SEETHING ANGER from the valid hunters.
NikNakFlak wrote:That is from the Russian server I looked into a couple of times for their sprites. They have very awesome sprites and some of their code is open source so I have some neat stuff.
That carpet is ugly.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #19502

People scream bloody murder against Wizard's that do anything except buy Summon Magic/Guns spells.

If your a Wizard just use whatever spells you want and ignore the sour people complaining.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #19503

Vekter wrote: True PLAY2WIN Wizard is jaunt, mm, fireball and EI NATH. also buy a destruction apprentice to sow chaos while you get your shit done.
that combo will get yourself killed pretty quick
fireball is shit and always will kill you
ei nath is useless when you can just get the captain's laser
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #19504

2 minutes of pure laughter
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #19515

Steelpoint wrote:People scream bloody murder against Wizard's that do anything except buy Summon Magic/Guns spells.

If your a Wizard just use whatever spells you want and ignore the sour people complaining.
TBH Summon Guns/Magic are two of the most fun things in the entire game.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #19534

420goslingboy69 wrote:
Vekter wrote: True PLAY2WIN Wizard is jaunt, mm, fireball and EI NATH. also buy a destruction apprentice to sow chaos while you get your shit done.
that combo will get yourself killed pretty quick
fireball is shit and always will kill you
ei nath is useless when you can just get the captain's laser
Fireball is great if you're not fucking retarded. Disintegrate is good because you can off your worst enemy before it becomes a problem.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #19536

Is Summon Mechs still a thing?
I'll never use it if it still is.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #19538

Ei Nath

Great for quickly killing someone with a extremely small chance of them being brought back to life, compliments hit and run style attacks on armed groups of crew members. Powerful spell with a long cool down, great versatility and is good as a fallback spell if caught in a pinch.

Can be used to kill Human and Cyborg alike, Secborgs become a minor threat with this spell unless they are somehow given Laser Gun modules.

Ei Nath is powerful against crew members with equally powerful Armour (Usually the Captain, Security Officers and the HoS in that ranking).

The main disadvantage of Ei Nath is that it takes around 60 seconds to recharge and if more than one target is selectable a intrusive popup box will block your screen.

(TL;DR: Can't go wrong with Ei Nath, no way to hurt yourself and can reliably knock someone out of the round)

Fireball

Finiky spell to use, novice Wizards can easily kill themselves with this spell. Requires an understanding of how the spell functions to use to its full potential.

The Fireball will deal tremendous damage to a target, as well as usually knock the victim on the floor. Two direct hits will kill most targets. Unlike Goon's Fireball which moves slowly and tracks a target /tg/'s Fireball is dumbfire and travels very quickly. Has a somewhat quicker recharge time alowing a Wizard to lay down heavy damage down a hall way.

Fireballs detonate if it is adjacent to a Mob or if it directly hits an object. Many novice or unaware Wizards die to their own Fireballs when they either accidently hit a object (Often a table) in front of themselves or trying to hit someone who is in melee distance. Cyborgs, with a applicable Lawset, can tank a lot of Fireball damage and place themselves in melee distance of a Fireball Wizard, which will either kill the Wizard from their own Fireballs or force the Wizard to use a alternative attack.

It may not be a bad idea to pick up a "Gem Hardsuit" if using this spell, so if you do hit yourself you'll take very little damage and suffer no damage from being on fire.

(TL;DR: Powerful spell in the right hands, finky to use. Remember to double tap)

Flesh to Stone

Pretty much Ei Nath in most respects. Instead of gibbing the target and leaving a Brain it turns the target into a solid Statue. However after a certain amount of time the Statue will revert back to the original target.

By itself its just a gimick, players turned into Stone won't count as dead for Objective purposes.

However when this spell is paired with the "Staff of Animation" this becomes a spell even more devastating than Ei Nath or Fireballs.

(TL;DF: Use it with a Staff of Animation or just use Ei Nath).

Staff of Animation

Warrents its own section due to how bloody powerful it can be. By itself it can turn any inanimate object into a hostile entity that will attack and kill anyone that is not the wielder (Usually the Wizard).

However when wielded with the "Flesh to Stone" spell this thing becomes autistic.

If a Statue is hit by a Bolt from the Staff, the Statue turns animated, however the victim gains control of the Statue, a wide selection of unique powers (Of the "MY EYES!" variety), can't be killed and has a explict instructions to not harm or kill the Wizard. (Meaning if you go and harm/kill the Wiz expect to get banned, trust me).

The advantages of this combination is that you get a ever growing army of unkillable statues that blind the crew and can't usually be stopped. The disadvantages are you will also get blinded by the statues, and more often that not some statues will try and kill you in retribution since they are to quick to get their valid and not read their objectives/laws.

(TL;DR: Powerful by itself, retarded when paired with the Staff of Animation).

Horsehead Curse

For when you just don't give a care.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #19543

Steelpoint wrote: However when this spell (Flesh to stone) is paired with the "Staff of Animation" this becomes a spell even more devastating than Ei Nath or Fireballs.
So animated statues turn into weeping angels? In that case, won't they have a chance of killing you for revenge?
Last edited by Reimoo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #19544

Reimoo wrote:
Steelpoint wrote: However when this spell (Flesh to stone) is paired with the "Staff of Animation" this becomes a spell even more devastating than Ei Nath or Fireballs.
So animated statues turn into weeping angels? In that case, won't they have a chance of killing you for revenge?
They would, but as I mentioned anyone turned into a "Weeping Angle" is given explicit instructions to not harm, by name, the person who turned them, usually the Wizard.

I've personally witnessed people receive a ban for killing the Wizard as a Statue. Almost happened to me one time.
Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Post by Mono » #19545

Reimoo wrote:
The anger will be real but killing said wiz will result in bannerino
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #19550

They turn into that SCP you dummies

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #19551

SCP-173.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #19552

>implying that scp is the only instance of "spooky statue that only move when u dont look!"

weeping angels are primarily a reference to doctor who
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #19556

SCP ripped off a bunch of horror shit so they could have SCIENCE FICTION FREE DOMAIN access for retarded fanfiction.

SCP is cancer.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #19582

Miauw wrote:weeping angels are primarily a reference to doctor who
Yeah, but SCP-173 isn't.
paprika wrote:SCP ripped off a bunch of horror shit so they could have SCIENCE FICTION FREE DOMAIN access for retarded fanfiction..
173 existed before Weeping Angels.
paprika wrote:SCP is cancer.
no u
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #19584

I didn't say 173 ripped off weeping angels, did I?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #19600

I don't think many people know this but flesh to stone actually has a range of two to El-Naths one. Of course since most people won't try to land that stuff without stuns (Because DROP DOWN MENUS) it rarely comes up.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #19616

Drive by Stonnings are the best.

They never expect it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #19637

Disintegrate is only awesome because it takes someone out permanently and lets you kill the AI two minutes in.
Spoiler:

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #19638

I find "Disable Technology" (EMP) to be a really powerful spell if paried up correctly. It can shutdown a Crew's push on you by disabling their Energy Weapons, halt Cyborgs in their track, screw up communications and seal off rooms. Its also useful for charging into the AI Core.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #19652

Steelpoint wrote:I find "Disable Technology" (EMP) to be a really powerful spell if paried up correctly. It can shutdown a Crew's push on you by disabling their Energy Weapons, halt Cyborgs in their track, screw up communications and seal off rooms. Its also useful for charging into the AI Core.
EMP in AI core is a bad idea. AI has a change to call the shuttle if it's EMP'd.

Unless that's what you want.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #19654

I think it's a 10% chance to call the shuttle.

Another benefit of EMPing the core is that you shut off the intercoms, so no broadcasting "EI NATH!" On the radio.
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #19655

4xfireball and blink 4lyfe
The very brief 5 seconds of lyfe until spontaneously combusting...
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21370

AI can't call the shuttle if it's refueling ;)
ThoughtSynapsis

Post by ThoughtSynapsis » #21397

Summon Mech five times. Do this for the next five rounds as wizard until it finally gets removed.