Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by DemonFiren » #196368

Bottom post of the previous page:

Meanwhile I read every guide I could get my hands on before even dying for the first time.

Guess that's a rare positive effect of starting with Bay.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #196374

Ironically enough I started with Bay myself, but read the wrong wiki, SS13.eu, which I think is just a generic one?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196375

I believe it's the old errowiki.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #196377

It's the old wiki from back when Errorage hosted the website, which he refuses to take down for some reason.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #196423

i've always been a tg boy

got a major ban like only once and I didn't realize how good I had it until then.
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #196531

Ashwalker Pet Peeves:

Asswalkers who can't kite a Goliath despite watching me do the entire process, telling you to kite from two tiles away, before engaging themselves. This causes me to have to charge in after them before they get themselves killed and causing *me* to take hits also. And then their 'tactic' is validated through them living with the bounty dead, causing them to do it again.

Asswalkers who use bruise packs on every single minor damaged 5-brute limb and chew through our medical supplies before the third creep.

Asswalkers with no safety around lava and inevitably chew through egg-lives because they have sausage fingers and can't slow down around single-tile paths. Bonus points for immediately running into other Ashwalkers once on fire.

Passive Asswalkers who try to red-tape their comrades into being friendly, despite
A) Their lore is basically being pissed at Nanotrasen for trespassing on their lands, being a danger to your nest, and they are also considered sacrifices for the tendril
B) You have to treat the miner encounter as a Zero-Sum Game theory in who's aggressive to who. A miner who gets the drop on you has the added danger of him calling down reinforcements and the ease that his weapon kills means he's way deadlier to you than you are to him
C) Round-quality wise, it's way more fun if you are at war with Nanotrasen
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196577

>more fun if you're at war
[citation needed]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #196697

[citation signed]
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #198866

There is almost NEVER a context in which removing a headset from a prisoner makes you anything other than a terrible, terrible member of security.

If you do that willy-nilly, you should remove all security roles from your preferences forever.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #198870

AnonymousNow wrote:There is almost NEVER a context in which removing a headset from a prisoner makes you anything other than a terrible, terrible member of security.

If you do that willy-nilly, you should remove all security roles from your preferences forever.
If I'm sending someone to perma, I'll take their headset for a few seconds to swap it for a standard one, if they've got a department headset (we can't have them communicating with their department). Or if they're reading WGW, but if they do that they get a baton up the ass instead.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #198909

TheNightingale wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:There is almost NEVER a context in which removing a headset from a prisoner makes you anything other than a terrible, terrible member of security.

we can't have them communicating with their department
Literally fascist.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #198916

I do it often. Why? Because "HELP, CJ, SEC IS ARRESTING ME IN GULAG, HELP ME MY GREYTIDE BROTHERS, AI SECURITY IS KILLING ME, LAW 2 BOLT DOWN AND DEPOWER ALL DOORS, SEND A BORG TO SAVE ME"
Bring back papercult.

Reece

Post by Reece » #198927

Pretty much the above
Though with the Caveat that if they do that I just drag them to prison maint then E-gun them to death, because what they're doing stands a good chance of starting a shit spiral that gets sec officers killed.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #198929

Personally I'm in favour of the policy that anyone screaming over the radio that sec is doing something they're not (such as beating prisoners, killing people, whatever) is a greenlight to actually do that thing.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #198945

I've asked Kor about it once, he said that it's valid to execute such people on the spot.
Bring back papercult.

A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #198969

I gave you room to work out your personal fouls in the past like trying to get your way in Niknak's feedback thread along with attitude to Okand, but I'm starting to doubt everything you say now and that's not good because I know I'm not alone.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #198975

That's a pretty aggressive way of saying you don't agree with me.

When a member of security removes your radio, they're licking their lips in anticipation of the incoming valid. That's not the kind of behaviour that should be encouraged.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #198982

Or maybe you're screaming like a terrified frog and they don't want to deal with that shit
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #198984

Pet peeve: people starting arguments in threads when they really don't need to. Chill.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #199062

I dunno, I rarely execute criminals but i will frequently remove their headset if they are being shit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #199092

To be honest I brig people so rarely that I usually don't get the chance to strip a radio or not.
I'd probably give a bored prisoner a station bounced radio so they can pester [Common] and [AI Private] and vent out their frustrations through verbal whiplash like all civilised space men.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #199170

Man you guys are pussies, I take ALL the prisoners shit, put it in a locker, weld said locker, and threaten to space locker if they don't behave.
(And then do it anyways)
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199172

I'm not sure if you're a giant meme or something that should remain confined to Sybil.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #199174

I'll always take a radio if they're trying to get help with it. Even in a traitor round, it's quite plausible that someone you arrest will yell "help security arresting me", and various other combinations, and then you'll have prepared people trying to hurt you and break them out.

It's just part of securing a person, like taking off their toolbelt. They're not losing communication forever unless they're going into perma.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #199179

Did the transmit only wall intercom ever get readded to perma?

Some assclown removed it a while back.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #199187

MMMiracles wrote: I like taking soap during gang and proceeding to wipe away every gang sign I see. It's gotten to the point where mid-round, I've had gangers jump me with a bait gang sign just to stop me from taking away all their influence.
I do this as a drone. They get so mad at a small vent crawling asshole erasing all the gang signs.
--Crocodillo

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199190

Congratulations, you know how to break your drone laws.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #199197

cmspano wrote:
MMMiracles wrote: I like taking soap during gang and proceeding to wipe away every gang sign I see. It's gotten to the point where mid-round, I've had gangers jump me with a bait gang sign just to stop me from taking away all their influence.
I do this as a drone. They get so mad at a small vent crawling asshole erasing all the gang signs.
Ban this sick filth.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #199205

cmspano wrote:
100% would ban if I saw you doing this. Its completely against drone laws plus you're doing it to simply be a dick.

Be this a warning
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #199314

It may be because I can't remember the wordings properly, but is it actually against drone laws?
It's a mess, like bloodstains, vomit and oil. A drone stumbling upon one could easily reason that cleaning the station does not involve interaction with another lifeform.
It feels woolly to me. I'm on the fence.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #199323

Drone laws or not, you'd have to be a grade-A autist not to realise that it's still interacting with and influencing the round, which is something that as a drone you shouldn't do.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199391

AnonymousNow wrote:It may be because I can't remember the wordings properly, but is it actually against drone laws?
It's a mess, like bloodstains, vomit and oil. A drone stumbling upon one could easily reason that cleaning the station does not involve interaction with another lifeform.
It feels woolly to me. I'm on the fence.
Irrelevant.

If that mess was made deliberately, you are involving yourself with another being by removing it.
Thus, you are violating your laws.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #199400

I got this, because I was drone banned before.
Any interaction of living beings made and/or relating to that of a game mode (in this case, Gangs) are forbidden for drones.

It doesn't matter if a dude picked you up and used you as a hat, you cannot do anything about it, but attempt to free yourself and go about your duty to "IMPROVE THE SHIP", such as hull breeches and blood cleaning.

That means if you see a nuke in a hallway, it's not your priority. And in gangs case, it's for security to handle and the actual janitor.
The exceptions are important to learn and if you don't know any better, ahelp it and ask. These idiots are admins for a reason and wish to help and give VERY STRONG NOTES.

tldr drones aren't lawless so don't act like it and ahelp when you think you could interfere with the game/persons
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #199408

Fair points. Silicon laws are an oddity, anywhat.

Found out the other day that nonplayer (simplemob) humans are valid. It may seem obvious, but I've been bwoinked for less in the (admittedly distant) past.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #199411

Drones can interact with pAIs, however, host told me so. There was a long gang round, so me and some other drones built a station on derelict complete with lights, comms, cameras, RnD and AI. Brought that AI a pAI, so he had somebody to talk with.
Bring back papercult.

A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #199470

InsaneHyena wrote:Drones can interact with pAIs, however, host told me so. There was a long gang round, so me and some other drones built a station on derelict complete with lights, comms, cameras, RnD and AI. Brought that AI a pAI, so he had somebody to talk with.
that's really cute
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #199481

What was REALLY weird was being built as an android by a drone (Borg with posibrain). The drone had set up a Science rig at the derelict (back when it was static). It ignored me after bringing me online.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #199488

Gun Hog wrote:What was REALLY weird was being built as an android by a drone (Borg with posibrain). The drone had set up a Science rig at the derelict (back when it was static). It ignored me after bringing me online.
As long as drones refuse to act with living organisms and/or active silicones, they're doing the right thing.
A drone can work on botany, engineering, and even atmos as long as it follows the "Improve the station" directive.

I should know, I played as one for at least a month without taking any other job. It's wonderful, you can even print more drones and hide them in places if validhunters are about.
Reece

Post by Reece » #199826

>HOS finds emag.
>Shuttle arrives after an hour, everyone strolls in because there's no dang-
SYSTEM ERROR, 10 SECONDS UNTIL LAUNCH.
>HOS emags the shuttle the moment he gets in there 'just in case' leaving everyone behind.

There is no reason a non antag should be emaging the shuttle if there is no danger to the shuttle itself. It's just fucking annoying.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #199828

Also banworthy. Report that shit.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #199839

Maybe not banworthy.

Seems small compared to other things, maybe a HEAVY NOTE.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #199840

Mackerel wrote:Maybe not banworthy.

Seems small compared to other things, maybe a HEAVY NOTE.
Heavy note for most players. Security, Captain, Head of Security? That's not acceptable.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #199843

AnonymousNow wrote:Also banworthy. Report that shit.
No its not, not unless they do it all the time.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #199847

Malkevin wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:Also banworthy. Report that shit.
No its not, not unless they do it all the time.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #199848

it actually is, early launching the shuttle for no apparent reason is always at least bwoink worthy even on your first offense
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #199850

People who hop out of a sleeper. Let me fucking heal you damnit.
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #199862

When people specifically bully security and call us shitcurity for giving them perma. Also, greytiders that come back from gulag. They're meant to go braindead/ghost/suicide there, not actually work. It's my way of taking someone out of the round without taking them out of the round. Also, 90% of the time, when they come back, they make a stun prod and chase security for revenge. And when I'm being very nice as security and someone calls me shit and goes catatonic. (Had a guy with all access from HoP, he was in brig control. Told him I'd revoke his access and free him, he goes catatonic. I could've killed him then and there, but I was being generous, yet I was shitcurity.)
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #199865

Mat13295 wrote:People who hop out of a sleeper. Let me fucking heal you damnit.
""BUTT U MITE MORFINE OR OD ME!!11!oNE!!"

My short time playing CMO I found myself baton slapping and cuffing idiots to shove them in sleepers or tubes when they needed healing. Then showing them the E-Gun I lifted from the HoS to prove I wouldn't use my medical machines to kill them if I wanted them dead.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #200037

BeeSting12 wrote: Also, greytiders that come back from gulag. They're meant to go braindead/ghost/suicide there, not actually work. It's my way of taking someone out of the round without taking them out of the round.
Are you for real?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #200038

Cheimon wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote: Also, greytiders that come back from gulag. They're meant to go braindead/ghost/suicide there, not actually work. It's my way of taking someone out of the round without taking them out of the round.
Are you for real?
Yes, I feel that the crew is better off without the people who feel like its their duty to steal their stuff and randomly attack people. Let's put it this way. If I send someone to the gulag, they've done something really shitty that doesn't warrant perma/execution, so I'm just taking them off the station to a place where they can't tab out. Plus, when they do come back, they usually go back to doing the same thing + attacking security because revenge.

EDIT: If they actually work there and come back improved, then they cool. But I've gulagged a lot of people, and never seen that happen.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Reece

Post by Reece » #200040

I just kill tiders on the spot. I have absolutely no time for griefing little fucks.