Call of Cthulhu
Yes please
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Tabletop General

Post by EndgamerAzari » #197671

An0n3 wrote: Systems I would really like to actually get a game of in:
Cthulhu-Tech 2.0
That's right, we were going to look at that rulebook and see if it's playable now.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #197674

CoC is one of those games i would love to play but not ever want to run, due mostly to it being obscenely difficult to do properly
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #197675

That is why you run pre-made modules until you understand them enough to do your own thing
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #197720

I've run Call of Cthulhu (and most of the other games on A3's list) before; I might be up to run a game for some tee g station folks. If I did; who would be interested?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #197722

I am always down assuming i can make the time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #197739

Same here, though my time schedule is kinda full

By which I mean
The popular times for tabletop are full in there, and then I'm bored the rest of the time
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #197749

I would definitely play as long as it doesn't conflict with the EP game.

Also Wyzack you shit you can't even make it to our EP games don't go signing up for more.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #197751

You said every other week! I follow my schedule with unyielding persistence
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #197825

Super Aggro Crag wrote:why were you in rehab
Alcohol, pain killers, and benzos.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:yea but

playin cyberpunk is like the worst thing to do in rehab

cyberpunk is like 90 percent drugs, crime, and hookers.
Eh, we didn't fuck with drugs in the game. Closest we ever got was me making a drug that would cause enemies to hallucinate and attack their allies with the added fuck you of causing impotence as well. I kinda hoped to have it play a role in our heist to serve as a distraction, like maybe I could discretely jam a hypo in a guard to cause a hell of a distraction but my buddy kind of fucked that over. Besides, real badasses don't use drugs. Any sorry motherfucker can use chems as crutch to get him through a mission. It takes a real man to go on a dangerous run without having to use drugs to give him bonuses.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #197845

I would answer Cthulu's Call. My work schedule is wacky but I think I can make it work.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #197849

I'm not sure about dedicating to 2 RPGs at the same time. I have the time, but I'm not sure if I have the determination.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI

Post by XSI » #197851

Ricotez wrote:I'm not sure about dedicating to 2 RPGs at the same time. I have the time, but I'm not sure if I have the determination.
Looks like we've got ourselves a casual here

I'm in 4 right now, two of them games I run
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #197853

XSI wrote:Looks like we've got ourselves a casual here
I prefer "person with a life"
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #197972

You Dutch bastard sitting around smoking drugs and trying to fuck American college students isn't any more of a life than plslaying rpgs, you huge dike.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #197996

*smokes 420% legal pot*

you're like, just jealous man
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #198028

Which god in pathfinder is the worst? Saranrae?
XSI

Post by XSI » #198032

For a moment I wasn't sure who you meant with Dutch bastard

Because I too am Dutch
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #198067

Its okay, xsi, you're Dutch but you're perfectly legitimate.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #198130

If anyone is free and would like to help me out with the Eclipse Phase game I have a sort of side-story thing going on that I think would benefit from having someone play it out rather than me just run through it in my head and write it down.

It's a secret so PM me, don't want to talk about it too much where the other players can see.

Basically you will be playing a one-person game of EP with me as your GM. Sessions will be super short, maybe two hours long at the absolute most. Probably more like an hour a pop.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #198270

Okay, interest in Call of Cthulu noted. If you're up for it let me know what times work for you- I'll start writing a plot.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #198291

I"m free every day except Wednesday after 4pm EST.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #198293

I have a game on thursdays, tuesdays, saturdays, and occasionally mondays. Rarely also sundays, but that's not a full on game and more a side thing

Evening european times for all of them the except the saturday one, that one is afternoon europe times
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #199015

We playing eclipse phase 2nite?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199019

You should just jump in to the Discord. We're all here waiting.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #199028

Be on in like 15 mins
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #199034

[Impatience Intensifies]
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199087

10/10 EP group great sessions.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199106

So the first session and the one we just played are now up on archive.org

https://archive.org/details/CeresNoir

This page will update as time goes on so you can just grab that shit from there or play it from the site. Rad. I would appreciate people sharing that around if you think other people might like it? Would be pretty rad if people were listening to it and enjoying it. Good motivation to keep going and keep improving. /shill

As far as the Call of Cthulhu game goes, what edition/version would we be playing?
I've heard a lot of good things about a game called Trail of Cthulhu as well.
The only edition of the game I own is ancient, the 4th edition from 1989.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #199169

after yesterday's EP game I feel a bit more like I could handle 2 RPGs at once so if you've still got place in that Cthulhu game sign me the fuck up
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #199358

Call of Cthulhu UPDOOT:

We'll be playing the 7th edition of Call of Cthulhu. I won't have time to start us properly until after GenCon (next weekend), at which time I'll try and work out a schedule.
XSI

Post by XSI » #199366

Sounds good
Keep us posted
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199648

I'm near done with a Shadowrun character for another game. If anyone wants to look over my decker and give me some pointers let me know. I always run out of ideas for spending that last bit of cash.

I've avoided buying any cyberware except for the datajack. While there is a lot of cool high-end stuff you can get and slap in your head I don't think much of it actually helps this guy at all. With Logic 7 (thanks to exceptional attribute) he's already going to be hitting a lot of limits imposed by devices and shit. Being able to pitch even more dice at tests isn't bringing much to him for the cost.

No names for anything yet beyond his fake SIN. It's pronounced "Jobe".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09n8ytchu21r6 ... P.pdf?dl=0
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #199760

Go for versatility. Pick up a few grenades, or maybe weapon smartlink stuff.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199790

It's kinda too late for that. I'm all in on decking.

I shuffled some of my active skills around to get 5 dice for pistols. With the holo sight on the manhunter I'm rolling 6 dice with a limit of 4. I do have a decent pool of Edge so if I need to shoot anyone I'll probably just edge every shot. I would really rather not involve myself with combat at all. I do have demolitions and medical skills at appreciably high numbers and the gear to go with it so I can help out there. As long as we don't run up against any tumbler-style locks I can get us in anywhere, whether I have to pop open doors or just blow a decent sized hole in a wall.

If I survive a bit I'll probably pad out my physical attributes some so I'm less fragile and get more combat skills while spending my nuyen on rigger stuff. I could be droning.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #199830

It's never too late to buy grenades or guns

If nothing else you can use ask your fixer to hook you up with some of the good stuff
Don't rely on edging every shot, if you must interfere with combat as decker, do it by bringing some autonomous drones(They're shit but they help) or by hacking the hostiles' commlinks/cyber/drones
I haven't checked your sheet yet, but if you haven't already, get a tac-net. Everyone will thank you for it.

If you rely on edge for your every combat, you're going to run out really quickly. It's better to work your other skills
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199844

Tac-net costs a ridiculous amount of money now. I think as much if not more than my cyberdeck.

I might have enough cash left for a drone, ammunition, and a fake license for it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #199863

>licensing

this shit right here is why I play wizards
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199868

You still need permits for them spells there bucko
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #199905

An0n3 wrote:You still need permits for them spells there bucko
nobody can search my room and find the spells I keep under the pillow

or for that matter confiscate them
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #199928

>Corpsec finds my room
>Looks under pillow
>The matress is explosives
>the pillow is explosives
>the room is explosives
>I am a mechatronic made of explosives

Get good or die trying m9
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #199936

Drynwyn wrote:
An0n3 wrote:You still need permits for them spells there bucko
nobody can search my room and find the spells I keep under the pillow

or for that matter confiscate them
You say that

But in SR there exists a lizard that literally eats spells as soon as you cast them

It's also endangered because every corp wanted a bunch and they don't breed in captivity
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #199945

okay everyone

time for FAVORITE SHADOWSLANG

personal favorite: "shoes", as used by an astral projecting mage to refer to his body

runner up is "floor routine", the (usually futile) attempt to avoid automatic fire by a poor bastard without cover

also,
XSI wrote:
But in SR there exists a lizard that literally eats spells as soon as you cast them
janitor's pet lizard cancels wizard spells when?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199955

Wyzack wrote:>Corpsec finds my room
>Looks under pillow
>The matress is explosives
>the pillow is explosives
>the room is explosives
>I am a mechatronic made of explosives

Get good or die trying m9
You say that but my character has 50kg of commercial explosives and a half dozen blasting caps.
When you can't hack the door open, make a window.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200018

That just means you are shadowrunning correctly
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200020

Lengthy discussions in discord about how to properly turn a drone into a murderbot are just a few of the reasons why Shadowrun is the greatest RPG ever.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #200024

I hope someone brought up that you can load drones in mortar shells for remote deployed droning

If not I will be very disappointed
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200030

What sourcebook is that mentioned in?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #200034

I think it was WAR!

There's mortar shells you can load drones into. The book mentions using combat drones on enemy areas but you can also use medical drones and mortar your own friends

Let me double check

Edit: Confirmed. WAR! page 158
Drone: A drone round is not an offensive round, but rather
one designed to deliver a drone of a certain size to a target area,
usually behind enemy lines. As long as the round lands on safe
ground (e.g., on sand or a roof op rather than a lava flow or a tar
pit), the drone is deployed at the end of the Combat Turn it was
fired. the drone to be inserted into the round must be purchased
separately.
Oh, this is 4e, no idea if you're in 4e or 5e, but it should be really easy to port over if 5e
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #200045

What is dumber, a drow paladin wielding a double bladed sword, or an chaotic evil aasimar assisin dual wielding katanas
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200047

I could see that working for micro drones but anything larger than that and the physics involved don't add up.

To fire a small-sized or larger drone through the air and onto a target area like a bullet would require such an amount of thrust to move that mass that the drone itself would be crushed.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:What is dumber, a drow paladin wielding a double bladed sword, or an chaotic evil aasimar assisin dual wielding katanas
The second one sounds fucking awful. I could come up with some background to establish the first character but the second one is obviously just someone's edgelord fantasy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: