Tabletop General

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Tabletop General

Post by Timbrewolf » #200047

Bottom post of the previous page:

I could see that working for micro drones but anything larger than that and the physics involved don't add up.

To fire a small-sized or larger drone through the air and onto a target area like a bullet would require such an amount of thrust to move that mass that the drone itself would be crushed.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:What is dumber, a drow paladin wielding a double bladed sword, or an chaotic evil aasimar assisin dual wielding katanas
The second one sounds fucking awful. I could come up with some background to establish the first character but the second one is obviously just someone's edgelord fantasy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #200049

yeah, "chaotic evil aasimar assassin dual wielding katanas" doesn't work on a number of levels, the only issue with "Drow paladin" is "Are you sure you aren't Drizz't?"

the most obviously being that proper assassins should be lawful evil

LE is my favorite alignment though so I'm biased
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #200050

An0n3 wrote:I could see that working for micro drones but anything larger than that and the physics involved don't add up.

To fire a small-sized or larger drone through the air and onto a target area like a bullet would require such an amount of thrust to move that mass that the drone itself would be crushed.
I triple checked and yeah

It only works with micro drones. Shame. But it's still shooting drones out of a mortar

Also, the katanas are the worst. Fuck katanas
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #200068

Would a spiked chain be a better choice for the aasimar, then?
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #200155

Call of Cthulu folks- would you prefer I set the game in the 1920's or the present day?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #200156

Present day would be cool, though either is fine.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200158

If you can figure out how to set it in modern day that would be rad. It'll be a lot harder to pull off though. Much, much more difficult when your PC's have access to all this modern tech and convenience.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200161

So lads for eclipse phase this week Wednesday doesn't work well for me. Could we do Tuesday or Thursday?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200162

Thursday at 4pm?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #200173

what's the cheapest drone that you could load a block of c4 onto?
XSI

Post by XSI » #200233

Modern CoC is so much harder on the GM, cell phones and all the modern stuff
But it is very interesting to see how it goes

Personally I don't mind either, if it can be pulled off it will be glorious either way
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200322

Fuuuuck just realized I have something thursday. Is tomorrow not possible? I can maybe do wednesday but not thursday
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #200327

I'm down tomorrow.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200437

Papa Anon3 and Rico are you guys at all able to play today?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #200442

I am, tho we still haven't found a better TTS solution than /tts
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200484

Old Goat is no go for Tuesday.

We could do sometime this weekend maybe?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200496

If today is a no go I can probably swing tomorrow
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #200621

Kay, the CoC game is tentatively being planned for the modern day. I have some ideas.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200623

We doing space cops today? I will be good after 5 est, unless i have to work late in which case it will be more like 6
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #200626

Modern Cthulhu sounds neat

Any idea on what we should or should not be playing? Where in the world would it be?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200632

Wyzack wrote:We doing space cops today? I will be good after 5 est, unless i have to work late in which case it will be more like 6

When you told me you wouldn't be able to make it today I made other plans. I need to buy a new car and shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #200634

T H E C U R S E
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200642

Fuck, sorry for ruining spess cops this week guys, pretty much my bad. Might be able to swing friday but I am not certain on that
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #200648

ShadowDimentio wrote:T H E C U R S E
I'm even in a non tg dnd4e game and I think I might have brought the curse with me because friends who hang out in this discord literally 24/7 any day of the week are offline and unreachable by phone or othewise on any day we plan to meet up on discord to hang out
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #200654

XSI wrote:Modern Cthulhu sounds neat

Any idea on what we should or should not be playing? Where in the world would it be?
Either somewhere in the Boston area, or Toronto.

For some reason I really like the idea of a Call of Cthulhu game in Toronto.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200663

Yay canada! Also if the game is not oversaturated i would throw my name in tentatively, i have been keeping life and online rpgs in pretty good balance as of late
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #200674

Are we going to hunt Bigfoot, who is actually a cultist/another disguise of the king in yellow?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200679

For a modern game I definitely recommend looking into cryptids of the region you want to set the group in and incorporating some of them into the story. They're cool and can be spooky if presented right. Urban legends are good targets too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptid
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #200716

I want to play as one of those clickbait throwing bloggers. "Cultists are discovered in abandoned building, the results, AMAZING!"
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #200738

DERMATOLOGISTS HATE IT!
ELDER GOD IS 4 INFINITIES OLD!
LOOKS 25!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200929

THIS ONE TRICK OLD GODS HATE
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #200951

6 ritual sites people are dying to see up close
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200977

Hey fams we're tentatively going to play our third session of EP today if everyone can make it. Scheduling this week was a rollercoaster of fuck.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #201017

Yeah no kidding. Everything turned into a massive clusterfuck for me. Today i will probably have a couple hours between 3-4 and 7 to play that would work best for me, other than that i dont know if i can this week. :( Would play twice next week to make up for it though, could probably do monday or tuesday (or both)
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201030

I can be ready to go at four if everyone can be on Discord. Well speed run for three hours.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #201051

stuck at work AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA will be on ASAP you can start without me fuck everything
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #201052

ALRIGHT SO this gel will be done in a half hour, then i can leave work. Once i get home i can play till 7 40. We can still speedrun 3 hours
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201085

CASE CLOSED! Good work guys!

We did the undo-able: we completed a whole adventure with /tg/station people!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #201086

Shoutouts to myself for being half-right basically the whole case
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #201092

An0n3 wrote:CASE CLOSED! Good work guys!

We did the undo-able: we completed a whole adventure with /tg/station people!
Congratulations friendo. Will this break the 1000 year curse?
ShadowDimentio wrote:Shoutouts to myself for being half-right basically the whole case
SUCH MODESTY!!!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201095

>Hey guys you should all post in the thread about the good time you had playing the game so we can set the bar for good games and encourage more people to start/play/join games in the /tg/station community
ShadowDimentio wrote:Shoutouts to myself for being half-right basically the whole case
IMG_20160805_203542708.jpg
Bad news guys Daniel fell down an elevator shaft on the way home from the precinct and died. The impact was so strong it obliterated his backup too. Fucking crazy, right?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #201101

GM's onto how I've been reading his notes, fuck

Seriously though it was a lot of fun and I look forwards to see the future cases to see how wild they get. This case kept me guessing, and that's good.

Also Anon be careful posting your pictures or else the beard porn people will be drawn
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201102

It's way too late for that. You should see my tumblr.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201103

Episode three has been added to the archive. THE THRILLING CONCLUSION WAMP WAMP WAMPPPPPPPP

https://archive.org/details/CeresNoir
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #201114

I am pretty stoked that i managed to figure out PLOT IMPORTANT POINT, even if it was moments before he was going to confess it to us
Last edited by Wyzack on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201116

Holy fuckin' spoilers yo.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #201117

better?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201118

Much.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201379

The next session for EP will be primarily "social". Plan ahead and think about what your character does on their time off. We're having a short (one session, unless you guys manage to somehow get into some stuff that continues on) interlude to give you guys a chance to just establish yourselves in the universe a bit more and also to give me time to get the next case together.

We initially had a every-other-week schedule but we've done alright playing every week. If you guys are up for this Wednesday that's fine with me, or we can play next week.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #201381

Meanwhile I am wondering how close Mage the Awakening Imperial Rites are to being a metaphor for adding to TG. But that might just be jet lag making me see connections that aren't there.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #201383

Wednesday works for me! Gittin hype
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster