Chinese Cartoons

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by Remie Richards » #194679

Bottom post of the previous page:

Uh... today's ReZero episode was...
Holy shit.
私は完璧
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194699

I wonder, is the bleach anime still going on or are they still beating that dead horse alongside narutard and one piss?

Did Kenpachi ever get in touch with his femine side and learn to talk to his sword?
Does his sword still look like a thing he used to break rocks?

Also about half way through the Patlabor the TV series, really enjoyed it so far.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #194742

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #194851

Remie Richards wrote:Uh... today's ReZero episode was...
Holy shit.
Betelgeuse is surprisingly likeable. Though Subaru has pretty severe issues, especially if what he does to his later lifeless corpse is any indication.

We'll probably get a second season eventually. Not quite sure how far the LN is, since that's the source material for the anime, Arc 5 or Arc 6 probably. The WN is barely halfway through the plot, and that's in Arc 8 or something, so who knows?

Also, reminder that Satella is future Rem and Aldebaran (the guy you never see without the full helm and is missing an arm) is future Subaru. We all know it to be true in our hearts and minds, and it'd explain why Satella is identical to Emilia.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #194854

Amelius wrote: Also, reminder that Satella is future Rem and Aldebaran (the guy you never see without the full helm and is missing an arm) is future Subaru. We all know it to be true in our hearts and minds, and it'd explain why Satella is identical to Emilia.
pls say this is just conjecture (if it's not just say it is anyway pls for muh sanity), I've not read the LNs or the WN (do plan to read them after finishing the anime tho)
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #194924

Amaama to Inazuma continues to be cute and fun.
's what I really needed today.
私は完璧
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #194943

Ricotez wrote:Image
yoink

been reading a lot of korean webtoons lately
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #194975

Dangan Ronpa 3 Future Arc aired its first episode and damn son, it took it only a few minutes to spoil the first two games to heck and beyond. Absolutely avoid it if you have any intention to play the games. Not that there's much reason to watch it without playing them, of course.

I am psyched for it though. Very curious to see where it's gonna go, and the Despair Arc too.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #194998

dang man, I really liked Mob Psycho 100 Episode 1. I'm not like super hyped for it but I thought it was pretty good.
Spoiler:
but holy crap I fucking loved the ending song and moment where he hands the biker ghost the picture and he has a flashback with that song playing and all the ghost members are thanking him
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #195000

mob pscho 100 got an anime?

and it's not terrible?

man that guy shits gold
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #195228

I stopped watching re zero around ep 3 and just binged to ep 15 over the last few hours. fuck, is all I can say
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #195231

TheWiznard wrote:I stopped watching re zero around ep 3 and just binged to ep 15 over the last few hours. fuck, is all I can say
Welcome to suffering.

It's all downhill from here or so I hear.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #195233

I just don't know how the rest of my day could get any worse
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #195234

Started watching BraBuster.. I mean BustGunner... err GunBuster!!

For an anime thats 28 years old its aged remarkably well. Character design and art direction are top notch, animation is really smooth and fluid... especially on the gratuitous bouncing melons.

Subbed only and suffers "OVA plot is all over the place" syndrome though.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #195235

Malkevin wrote:Started watching BraBuster.. I mean BustGunner... err GunBuster!!

For an anime thats 28 years old its aged remarkably well. Character design and art direction are top notch, animation is really smooth and fluid... especially on the gratuitous bouncing melons.

Subbed only and suffers "OVA plot is all over the place" syndrome though.
I love gunbuster to death but they really force the "drama" on you early without even a chance to get used to the characters.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #195237

I liked that they introduced a boyfriend in this borderline yuri OVA... only to kill him off ten minutes later.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #195368

Re:Zero is so good what the fuck, why didn't I start watching much earlier.

Protagonist is a bit of a loser but not too much, genre savy and fourth wall breaking without getting annoying, and his only superpower requires him to literally die before it takes effect.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #195369

Ricotez wrote:Re:Zero is so good what the fuck, why didn't I start watching much earlier.

Protagonist is a bit of a loser but not too much, genre savy and fourth wall breaking without getting annoying, and his only superpower requires him to literally die before it takes effect.
Another one joins the suffering bus.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #195370

I've seen worse in terms of suffering.

I give it props for starting out like a harem anime and then taking a detour into some dark spaces, but it keeps trying to turn back into a harem anime too much. It's hard to take seriously when the MC flip flops between weird fourth-wall breaking anime identifiers and then trying to be tearfully emotional.

The show wants to have serious drama but also be a fun harem show at the same time and it can't.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #195373

NSFW:
Not safe for life
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #195375

I would say the inconsistent flip flop mc is why I like it.

Harem mc bot 3046 deserves to suffer.

His only redeeming feature is having his shit kicked in.

The moment the world gives him a break he's right back to friend zoning bitches into his event horizon.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #195376

Okay yeah wow, he is kinda starting to get annoying after a whole episode where nothing happens. It was less noticeable while he got his stomach sliced open every few minutes.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #195377

Don't worry, each happy go lucky section just makes the next death all that much more painful for him.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #195378

TFW there will never be a second season of No Game No Life and Binbougami Ga, or a third season of Medaka Box

Spoiler:
TFW there will never be a sequel to PSG
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #195379

I'm more upset about the PSG season 2 never shit.
It ends so abruptly with such a stupid twist that is obviously just a setup for S2

But then nothing. Ever.

I would kill someone for
Spoiler:
FLCL S2 where Naoto is grown up and living a relatively normal life when Haruko comes back, and we get a similar deconstruction of what it is to be a young adult
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #195412

Ricotez wrote:TFW there will never be a second season of No Game No Life and Binbougami Ga, or a third season of Medaka Box
READ THE MANGA
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #195482

captain sawrge wrote:
Ricotez wrote:TFW there will never be a second season of No Game No Life and Binbougami Ga, or a third season of Medaka Box
READ THE MANGA
sh-shut up
Spoiler:
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #195501

An0n3 wrote:I've seen worse in terms of suffering.

I give it props for starting out like a harem anime and then taking a detour into some dark spaces, but it keeps trying to turn back into a harem anime too much. It's hard to take seriously when the MC flip flops between weird fourth-wall breaking anime identifiers and then trying to be tearfully emotional.

The show wants to have serious drama but also be a fun harem show at the same time and it can't.
> I literally can't understand Subaru's character.

Protip: Subaru was always a broken person since ep. 1. His cheerful and happy demeanor is nothing but a facade. He doesn't love Emilia, he's merely used her as a sort of anchor in the world where otherwise he doesn't have a home, a place in life, or anything, and designates her as the heroine since she was the only person that showed him kindness. Worse yet, he doesn't actually care about anything that Emilia says, keeping promises with her, or even just trusting her, as you saw a few episodes ago. For Subaru, Emilia is an object to be saved and protected, whose destiny is to eventually love him, regardless of the reality. She can't protect herself, in his mind, it always has to fall on his own onus to protect her. The timelooping excaberates Subaru's idiosyncrasies and she quickly goes from being a mere anchor in the world, to being a 'heroine', to being his raison d' etre. There also might be some Satella fuckery that's causing him to be oddly attached to Emilia.

Also, there is no harem. The most you get is a love triangle between Rem, Subaru, and Emilia, but even then, he only legitimately loves Rem, and only loves Emilia in the same sense that Satella loves him. Worse yet,
Spoiler:
Rem goes into a permanent coma at the end of the anime's arc while having all memories of her wiped from everyone but Subaru's minds. It's pretty funny though, in Arc 6, Emilia now worries perpetually that Subaru's going to NTR her with Rem, which is probable at this rate since Rem and Subaru have natural chemistry and a 'normal' budding love that only cements itself further as Subaru tries to find a way to save Rem

Also, as a reminder, Satella is supposed to mirror Subaru in totality. Subaru is slowly killing all the bishops and absorbing their authorities, Satella killed all the witches and absorbed their authorities. Satella used to be loved by her contemporaries, even when she was a witch, but for poorly understood reasons, she developed a split-personality. Subaru is loved by his contemporaries (moreso in Arc 5+ post-knighting). Satella had no talent for magic and was very poorly suited to the witch aspect, but she forced herself to take it on for some unknown reason, Subaru has no talent in magic and is very poorly suited to the bishop aspect. Satella loves Subaru, but she's broken to the point where she gleefully murders a town worth of people while professing how much she loves Subaru, and almost winds up fusing/absorbing Subaru. Subaru loves Emilia, but he's gradually breaking down and, even still, doesn't truly love her in the slightest, as previously described. I could go on, probably forever.

There's also certain interesting theories that I find very convincing, like the Satella-is-a-cucked-Rem-from-the-future theory, or the Aldebaran-is-Subaru-from-the-future theory.
Last edited by Amelius on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #195503

An0n3 wrote:
Spoiler:
FLCL S2 where Naoto is grown up and living a relatively normal life when Haruko comes back, and we get a similar deconstruction of what it is to be a young adult

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ns/.100222

Welcome to die.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #195514

we already all know there's going to be a sequel to FLCL, but this time it's going to be a deconstruction of what puberty is like as a girl rather than a boy
Spoiler:
which Kill La Kill already kinda did
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #195524

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #195566

How to cheapen your heroic sacrifice in one easy step:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #196372

whenever i see a screenshot of love live, the eyes absolutely terrify me
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196573

Ricotez wrote:we already all know there's going to be a sequel to FLCL, but this time it's going to be a deconstruction of what puberty is like as a girl rather than a boy
Spoiler:
which Kill La Kill already kinda did
Kill la kill is fucking nothing at all like what girls go through during adolescence.
What women do you know that shared experiences of their formative years with you that you could compare to KLK?

"Well blood is really important and it talks about clothes a lot. Yeah that's what being a girl is basically."

If they actually made a FLCL sequel that was genuinely the other side of that coin though, I would definitely watch it. I don't think Trigger (or the industry in general) has enough talented women writers to make that happen. It's not just a matter of getting enough women together, it's about getting enough good ones in the same room on the same project to do it. Just like you can't pile enough random male authors in a room and expect another FLCL.

ANYWHO

Re Zero Episode 16 out. I hope that fucking redheaded cunt dies by the end of the series holy shit. Her only redeeming quality is that she has fucking SOLAIRE OF ASTORA as her knight.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #196609

but an0n, all girls get one half of a pair of scissors when they hit puberty and then have to fight the student council president for information about their dad
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196614

Daddy Issues, Clothes, and Inconvenient Bleeding: Ricotez' Guide to Being a Teenage Girl
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #196617

don't forget discomilfs
Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #196682

Kill la kill sucked dick y'all
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #196683

fun fact I have a pair of scissors with 5 stars (goku uniforms/kamui!) cut into one of the blades.
such klk very wow.
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #196872

Today's Amaama to inazuma was a bittersweet one.
私は完璧
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #197391

Remie Richards wrote:Today's Amaama to inazuma was a bittersweet one.
good show
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #197472

Where do I download subs. I need some for AT Votoms tv series.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #198072

I heard one punchman is getting a dub. I already watched it in japanies. I hope they make a new season.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #198086

Wonfes has started, and they announced a 1/12 Tiger H from GuP

Time to lose the last bit of shelving space I had
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #198756

Tsumugi was a lot more animated in today's Amaama to Inazuma.
It was a nice peaceful episode with good humour, as usual.
私は完璧
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #198800

I cry metaphorically whenever someone reminds me that PSG s2 will never happen.

No Game No Life is getting a movie. Hype is already starting.

Also FLCL was the shit back in the day. I stayed up late many years ago as a kid. Saw it on adult swim and fucking loved the shit outta it. Gotta say. That probably got me into anime.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #198933

Alipheese wrote:No Game No Life is getting a movie.
whoaaaaaaaa
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #199067

91 Days is pretty fuckin good so far. Go watch it.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #200094

I can't remember the last time I actually cried watching an anime episode but episode 18 did it to me
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200160

"I love Emelia."

Spoiler:
YOU JUST TRIED TO RUN OFF AND SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH REM
SHE JUST CONFESSED THAT SHE CARES SO MUCH FOR YOU
THAT IT CHANGED YOUR WHOLE MISERABLE LIFE
REM IS A FUCKING KAWAII MEIDO
EMELIA IS KIND OF A BITCH AT THIS POINT
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #200166

I think its time to take all re:zero discussion to the cuck shedmeido NTR hut