[saegrimir] - icepacks relations worsen, somehow

Appeals which have been closed.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

[saegrimir] - icepacks relations worsen, somehow

Post by IcePacks » #201291

i have no idea how i got banned for asking saegrimr why he's still the zit on the ass-end of /tg/'s administration, but now the mystery is maddening

IcePacks = Bryce Pax
Banning Admin: Saegrimr
Reason: Beat two people to near crit for finding his corpse and bringing him back into the round. More garbage.
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 2880 minutes.
my side of the story: i asked saegrimr why he's still here, no joke

At great personal risk, I acquired a russian revolver, shot myself in the face, and died. I went AFK, because I really had no interest in what was going on. I later came back to my brain stuffed inside a woman; I was defibbed, but I was still not in my body. Intrigued by the concept of somebody stuffing my brain into a spacewoman's body in some fucked-up med-sci experiment featuring some light decapitation, I allowed myself to be defibbed by Lauser and whoever TheColdTurtle plays. I punched one of them, found the other in genetics, and ran around like a crazy head-shot assistant brained stuffed inside yet another cadaver throwing punches at my creators, thinking A) that Lauser would be fine with this, since there was a sort of roleplay-context to it, which he was, B) that the other dude would also be okay with it, which he was not, and that C) my fists, though mighty, were not nearly damaging enough to pose an imminent threat to anyone's life, which they weren't.

We ran around genetics for a while, with my creators screaming "GET IT IN THE SCANNER", and eventually getting me in the scanner, locking it, turning me back into my character (somehow) with the same racy undergarments. Apparently, this was supposed to be the olive branch that would make me cease hostilities and my fatal flaw that would get me banned; I exchanged a few more blows and fled. Both scientists were bleeding when I left, although had only started bleeding recently. I ran into the dark, attacked an operative, and was killed with a sword. I went AFK again.

At the start of the next round, I came back to ready up, saw ColdTurtle say that he had ahelped it but no admins were on, and went AFK again. I spawned as the leader of a bunch of ops, was AFK for way too long, nearly missed the shuttle, and survived up until detonation of the station with an impossibly half-assed ruse. It was kinda fun, although readying up without disabling team antags was a mistake, one I've made fairly often in the last week.

Two rounds later, Saeg banned me after I told him to fuck off, just as I was asking him if he still plays. I have logs prior to the ban here, but do not have any of the actual fight as it was two rounds prior.

To say this is bannable is a stretch only Saegrimr would make, and since he seems unable to engage me without insulting me and/or displaying considerable hostility, I honestly would rather he was deadminned like any other biased, inactive admin would be. Failing that, I just want to know why he's still here, man. Look at my side of the story, and look at his. This is fucking terrible.

Why I should be unbanned: Tomorrow's my one day off this week, don't be shitty.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: [saegrimir] - icepacks relations worsen, somehow

Post by PKPenguin321 » #201295

hi i was one of the guys who did the surgery on pax to bring him back to life and get punched by him

the CMO had no real reason to ahelp in the first place, we fixed pax, kicked him out, and i healed the CMO. he was back at 100% in 5 seconds and so was i, the conflict had no holding on my round or the CMOs in the long term, and back coming out of the cryo tube swinging his fists was pretty funny.

as a person on the receiving end of pax's punches, this was absolutely not ban worthy, even if pax did hurt saeg's feelings in ahelps.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #201296

"Near crit" isn't a dayban, you're unbanned.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201297

The thanks someone can get for bringing someone back in the round is getting the shit beat out of you because "I was roleplaying a crazy person!!!"

You can thank Kor for encouraging this behavior.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201301

IcePacks wrote:and since he seems unable to engage me without insulting me and/or displaying considerable hostility
Wow funny.
Spoiler:
[04:35:01]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Saegrimr)->IcePacks/(IcePacks): Anyway could you not attack people for bringing you back into the round? The one a couple rounds ago.
[04:35:43]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): >attack people for bringing me back into the round
[04:36:12]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): you read my mind i'll be sure to avoid attacking people for bringing me back to life in the future
[04:36:12]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson)->IcePacks/(IcePacks): Someone found your husk, couldn't clone it, so debrained you and put you in a new body and gave you your old SEs back.
[04:36:30]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson)->IcePacks/(IcePacks): And you return the favor by beating the shit out of them
[04:37:33]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): somebody found my russian revolver'd corpse, couldn't clone it because i wasn't in my body, decided to try and bring me back anyways, did crazy med-sci shit to do so, was intrigued by the concept so i acted like a crazy med-sci experiment, escalated to me attacking them whilst wearing provocative womens' undergarments
[04:38:18]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): nobody was killed or even seriously hurt and the fact that he actually ahelped it is both surprising and disappointing
[04:38:44]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson)->IcePacks/(IcePacks): You can be a big enough shit without actually killing people, and this isn't exactly suprising for you
[04:38:57]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): the fact that you're getting up my butt about it two rounds later without even doing the investigative work is less surprising but still disappointing
[04:39:32]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson)->IcePacks/(IcePacks): I did pull logs and now we're at the point where I asked you to not do that again.
[04:39:36]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): honestly come to think of it like
[04:39:39]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): why are you even here
[04:39:43]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(IcePacks)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): have i even seen you play
[04:39:48]ACCESS: Logout: *no key*/(IcePacks)
[04:39:48]ACCESS: Login: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax) from || BYOND v510
[04:39:54]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): Are we really going to keep going here
[04:40:02]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): i guess i'm kinda curious now
[04:40:10]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): like
[04:40:36]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson): you're a huge thorn in my ass despite having next to zero presence and that strikes me as a little irksome
[04:41:04]ADMIN: saegrimr has banned icepacks.
Yes i'm the one incapable of being hostile here.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #201302

Saegrimr wrote:The thanks someone can get for bringing someone back in the round is getting the shit beat out of you because "I was roleplaying a crazy person!!!"
to be fair i DID bring him back as a disgusting pale monkeywoman with a long brown mustache and purple hair, i feel that would evoke rage from anybody (and he did leave shortly after we made him back into his pax self)
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #201308

Saegrimr wrote:snip
Climbing up someone's ass about a non-event three rounds ago, immediately starting the conversation with a way that framed it as "YOU DID A BAD THING" before getting the full story, and you're surprised you put someone on the defensive?

Try opening with something like "what's the story with that fight in medbay a couple of rounds ago?" or something instead of phrasing it in a way that implies wrongdoing on the other party's part. Your opening line in a bunch of ahelps can and will set the tone for the rest of the conversation and banning someone for not liking it when you storm out of the woodwork screaming YOU BROKE THE RULES is kinda shit.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201310

Screemonster wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:snip
Climbing up someone's ass about a non-event three rounds ago, immediately starting the conversation with a way that framed it as "YOU DID A BAD THING" before getting the full story, and you're surprised you put someone on the defensive?

Try opening with something like "what's the story with that fight in medbay a couple of rounds ago?" or something instead of phrasing it in a way that implies wrongdoing on the other party's part. Your opening line in a bunch of ahelps can and will set the tone for the rest of the conversation and banning someone for not liking it when you storm out of the woodwork screaming YOU BROKE THE RULES is kinda shit.
Just because NO ADMINS TIME2GRIF doesn't mean you're off the hook if someone finds out about it later. I happen to be the person that first heard of it and joined sybil to check. Sure enough logs confirm.

I let Pax finish his ops round undisturbed since I had to poke him and wake his ass up 15 minutes later, being braindead from the fucking start. It would have only been "one round ago" if I told him to stop right then and there but that would have been a little detrimental to the nuke ops team at the time. Second round rolls over so I tell him not to do that thing in question, and it would have just been another warning on the pile of notes until we got to the "WHY YOU ALWAYS HERE JUMPIN UP MY ASS MANG BET YOU DIDN'T EVEN INVESTIGATE".
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #201311

Go back to literally your first message in that ahelp conversation.

"Anyway could you not attack people for bringing you back into the round? The one a couple rounds ago."

That's an immediate assumption of poor faith - and when the truth comes out and we have PKP showing up in the thread to show what actually happened, there's more to it than "attack people for bringing you back into the round". A lot more.
If you start the conversation on the offensive then things are only going downhill from there.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201317

Screemonster wrote:Go back to literally your first message in that ahelp conversation.

"Anyway could you not attack people for bringing you back into the round? The one a couple rounds ago."

That's an immediate assumption of poor faith
Yes, and? The story I got and the logs match up just fine as long as with what I was told by Pax.
He attacked three (I missed one, one that actually got put into crit but he was already low health) people after being cloned, and given his original genes back.
Screemonster wrote:and when the truth comes out and we have PKP showing up in the thread to show what actually happened, there's more to it than "attack people for bringing you back into the round". A lot more.
Because PKP is surely the only person involved in that situation, who didn't even get the worst of the attacks.

[23:00:20] <TheColdTurtle_> copypasting from normal irc : so last round bryce pax nearly beat the virologist and I (who was the cmo) into crit, after we just implanted his brain into another person and revived him. We also gave him back his original genes so he had no reason to be mad. Is that allowed?
[23:00:53] <TheColdTurtle_> also >no admins on sybil
[23:01:40] <Saegrimr> Why did you transplant his brain?
[23:01:51] <TheColdTurtle_> his body was uncloneable
[23:02:04] <NikNak> ...suicide?
[23:02:07] <TheColdTurtle_> no
[23:02:10] <TheColdTurtle_> burnt
[23:02:32] <Saegrimr> Lesson learned, never save Pax
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #201335

Do not do anything nice for Pax, this is the lesson everyone has to learn eventually. The hard way.

You may think it's metagaming, but it's only the reality.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201336

ha ha ebig friend :D

Anyway kor's already gone okayed no punishment for randomly attacking people for being brought back into the round.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #201374

I don't know why admins get so up in arms when players say "OH SO I GUESS I CAN KILL PEOPLE FOR THIS IN THE FUTURE HUH" (to the point that we had it in the rules as an "instant permaban" to do so) when basically every time I say to unban/not ban someone an admin says the same thing to me.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #201375

Stupid stories like "we created a frankenstein, it went nuts and attacked us before running off into the dark tunnels after we fended it off with our fists" are the lifeblood of this game.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201402

Kor wrote:I don't know why admins get so up in arms when players say "OH SO I GUESS I CAN KILL PEOPLE FOR THIS IN THE FUTURE HUH" (to the point that we had it in the rules as an "instant permaban" to do so) when basically every time I say to unban/not ban someone an admin says the same thing to me.
But this is pretty much the opposite of that. A person with a nice history of greytiding and shittery was given the okay for that exact thing, there is no punishment here.
Kor wrote:Stupid stories like "we created a frankenstein, it went nuts and attacked us before running off into the dark tunnels after we fended it off with our fists" are the lifeblood of this game.
muh chracter was only roleplaying as carazy experiment!!!