Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by Zilenan91 » #168702

Bottom post of the previous page:

Just bolt and depower your damn doors, nobody will give a single shit if you do that.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #168720

I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #168723

Zilenan91 wrote:Just bolt and depower your damn doors, nobody will give a single shit if you do that.
Engiborg says hi.
kazeespada wrote:I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
You know you can disconnect plasma if you have a good reason, right? "The AI's acting really weird" is a pretty good reason; "I'm going to use the turbine" is another.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #168778

kazeespada wrote:I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
It's for the benefit of ALL traitors, the AI gets hit hardest due to not having a physical presence and cannot alter the pipes themselves.

Plus the pumps are ID-locked so there's not really any need to alter the pipe config unless you're specifically metaing the possibility of the AI being rogue.
(Like sec strip-searching someone without probable cause)
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168781

hey mmm pal you should relax a bit
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #168813

Wyzack wrote:That would be annoying as fuck though, they would spam out trying to constantly shoot people through the walls. Also smokebombs to avoid turrets is thematically pretty bad ass
Then have them all activate if they enter the room in addition to LOS. Just having line of sight to activate is too easy to cheese and AI defenses are too shoddy overall. 95% of people know easy ways to cheese AI turrets and there might as well be no core defense at this rate.
I just hate AIs with a passion. Literally half my job as Atmos tech is to make sure an invisible eyeball doesnt start pumping plasma(which nearly always results in everyone dead). And it used to be metaable so I COULD ENJOY MY SHIFT, but you FUCKING WHINY ASS BITCH SILICON PLAYERS WHINED THAT THE ATMOS TECHS DISABLED PLASMA DESPITE MAKING A TON OF FUCKING SENSE.
Maybe you should stay in atmos then so it can't do that without being caught? I dunno what the point of atmos is except to stay in atmos and do atmos things.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #168862

Zilenan91 wrote:Just bolt and depower your damn doors, nobody will give a single shit if you do that.
Engineering cyborgs (so, a good 70% of them now security borg doesn't exist) all have an RCD that can destroy airlocks in seconds. It is literally impossible to borg-proof your core.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #168931

Then tell your roboticists to have them change their model? AIs have infinite power and the capability to know literally everything yet they never think about how they could solve the problems they're faced.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #168957

I hate vault and floor safes please make them not shit thanks they make no sense
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #169043

Zilenan91 wrote:Then tell your roboticists to have them change their model? AIs have infinite power and the capability to know literally everything yet they never think about how they could solve the problems they're faced.
Yes I am sure that the robotocists that unslave them in the first place would be very cooperative :roll:

Yeah I got banned for that :roll:
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #169068

If you're an antag then you won't. If you're not an antag then why are you worrying about your borgs randomly killing you? If they do it just ahelp and an admin will deal with it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #169908

Sand bags cost too much biomass reee
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #169983

The unloved rock wrote:Sand bags cost too much biomass reee
How much do you think they should cost
Chet Manley
Byond Username: Arnes111

Post by Chet Manley » #169989

make the lavaland watcher's ranged attack less OP.

it's basically unavoidable damage that also manages to slow you down tremendously (aka a death sentence if you're a vanilla shaft miner facing off against a watcher and another enemy type). strafing the projectiles doesn't do anything and its reaction time means you can't peek behind corners and shoot your accelerator at it without getting hurt either. it's not like the goliath where you can use timing and careful range to your advantage.

due to the geography of lavaland, even with their limited aggro range you still can't avoid them without circumventing the enemy completely. yeah, you could do that every time, but that's retarded.

having to rely on donk pockets and legion hearts after every encounter with one is kind of lame and tedious. i'm not even that shit robust-wise so i doubt i'm just bad at combat and in the wrong here.
Last edited by Chet Manley on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #169990

It should be dodgeable ya ya
Chet Manley
Byond Username: Arnes111

Post by Chet Manley » #169991

then the game's just been too laggy recently. as hard as i try to strafe past the shots they always land on me and fuck me up. and once you get hit once, you can forget about dodging anyway, you're out of the movement game for another 30-45 seconds if you kill it.

and yeah, while i doubt you can do anything about it; the fact that mobs are still allowed movement while us players are frozen by lag really ruins entire shaft miner rounds at times. i've been playing the role a lot recently and it's happened several times that not only me, but my shaft miner buddy also got killed due to the lag.

a few hours ago, i was fighting a single legion with my survival knife and was about to kill it, when i lagged for about three seconds and it insta critted me with like four skulls surrounding me by the time i could even react.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #170003

Yeah fuck watchers. Their ranged attack has always been stupid and needs to be dodgeable like Goliaths.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #170008

TechnoAlchemist wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:Sand bags cost too much biomass reee
How much do you think they should cost
I dont know like half that shit or something or make them a fucking cargo crate why does botany need super tables
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #170009

There should be sandbags that spawn in maint
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #170031

Learn to mutate plant stats I can literally get 10s of thousands of units of biomass in like 10 minutes.

If you don't want to learn to mutate then just take the fucking watermelon from the community garden and make seeds from it - it has decent stats and if you have like 2 trays with it and robust harvest you'll still get tonnes of biomass.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #170482

oh god atmos is so slow fix it
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #171956

I'd like to note that the space bar is in dire need of a hoochmaster.

As well as some way of getting there.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #171957

Maybe a GPS and teleporter/telebeacon?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #172022

Teleporter beacon and teleporter would be nice
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #172027

Why isn't the chem dispenser able to be dismantled and/or upgraded? Or built from scratch?

You can build a portable dispenser which is somewhat neutered, as the maximum storage with the best possible components is still tiny. It would be nice to be able to add some advanced chemicals to the main dispensers in chemistry later into the round if R&D cooperates. Or just to move them to a different spot etc.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #172028

I thought just upgrading the portable dispensers brought them in-line with the ones Chem starts with
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #172029

Hmm, the last time I tried building one with bluespace parts it had access to several additional chemicals, but the energy storage was tiny, like, maybe 20 units max. And it used more of it than the standard dispenser too.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #172035

mosquitoman wrote:Hmm, the last time I tried building one with bluespace parts it had access to several additional chemicals, but the energy storage was tiny, like, maybe 20 units max. And it used more of it than the standard dispenser too.
Did you replace the power cell with a better one too? Because it should be 1:1 with a bluespace power cell
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #172194

Anonmare wrote:
mosquitoman wrote:Hmm, the last time I tried building one with bluespace parts it had access to several additional chemicals, but the energy storage was tiny, like, maybe 20 units max. And it used more of it than the standard dispenser too.
Did you replace the power cell with a better one too? Because it should be 1:1 with a bluespace power cell
Matter bin controls the max chem amount. You may compensate for the inferior production and storage rates by building more. That is the trade off. If you want to match or exceed an original chem dispenser, you must build several. Once you get bluespace parts, it will be worth your time to build at least three. Note the research lot only ever needs one portable unit as a source of acid. If you are using it for testing death grenades, you will need several.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #172298

After space barmemeing some more, I propose the following:
Adding a trash can.
Adding a hoochmaster.
Adding cleaning supplies.
Adding a mini-botany and kitchen.
Maybe, just maybe, adding a mutagen dispenser.
Adding one of those four-shell pump-action shotguns, because a bartender without a shotgun is nothing but a cripple.
Adding a teleporter plus beacon (or equivalent thereof that can only be activated on the space bartender's side to prevent looting this place five seconds in) so the poor fuck actually gets visitors.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #175638

Mosin should fit on your back.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #180139

Librarian's book binder should be wrenchable to move it
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #180195

Dunno if this is a bug or not but destroying a Lich's soul jar doesn't actually kill them from what I've seen. Cause, you know, they weren't already unkillable enough.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #180373

More of an idea, but reagent bottles really need to be colored like the reagent that is inside of them and show the amount in the bottle. Same with blood bottles. Virology is shit without this.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #180506

Didn't they used to do that, or am I thinking of beakers?
phil235
Byond Username: Phil235

Post by phil235 » #180546

Takeguru wrote:Librarian's book binder should be wrenchable to move it
Done. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/17955
I'm a tgstation coding maintainer janitor
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #180553

:+1:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #180555

DemonFiren wrote:After space barmemeing some more, I propose the following:
Adding a trash can.
Adding a hoochmaster.
Adding cleaning supplies.
Adding a mini-botany and kitchen.
Maybe, just maybe, adding a mutagen dispenser.
Adding one of those four-shell pump-action shotguns, because a bartender without a shotgun is nothing but a cripple.
Adding a teleporter plus beacon (or equivalent thereof that can only be activated on the space bartender's side to prevent looting this place five seconds in) so the poor fuck actually gets visitors.
All of those are gold but if you're gonna add anything...
DemonFiren wrote:Adding a teleporter plus beacon (or equivalent thereof that can only be activated on the space bartender's side to prevent looting this place five seconds in) so the poor fuck actually gets visitors.
PLEASE LOWER BARTENDER SUICIDE RATES.
Vakulum
Byond Username: Vakulum

Post by Vakulum » #181733

Bug reports here *looking around*

OK I play Detective sometimes and it seems like I am too stupid to write anything on reports.

Playing on Basil when I klick with a pen in my hand on the printed out detective report paper it justs opens a new window with the papers text and I cant write notes?

Clear, Questions? Fixed it? :honk: :honk: :honk:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #181734

>bug reports

Get to git.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #181743

Vakulum wrote:Bug reports here *looking around*

OK I play Detective sometimes and it seems like I am too stupid to write anything on reports.

Playing on Basil when I klick with a pen in my hand on the printed out detective report paper it justs opens a new window with the papers text and I cant write notes?

Clear, Questions? Fixed it? :honk: :honk: :honk:
When you're ingame, you can find a "Report Issue" button on the top right that'll bring you to the git page where you can report bugs!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #181996

Why does the RD get a box of firing pins? Seems to make the whole reason to force guns to use firing pins utterly redundant.

Also strips some of the bargaining leverage security can use to get neat items from RnD.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #182060

Steelpoint wrote:Why does the RD get a box of firing pins? Seems to make the whole reason to force guns to use firing pins utterly redundant.

Also strips some of the bargaining leverage security can use to get neat items from RnD.
Do not even go there. You haul the RD a box of combat shotguns and he will be drooling at your feet.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #184365

The food section of the crafting menu takes way too long to load and crashes some players clients. It needs to be cut down to a more reasonable size
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #190229

So, that update which ruinified the derelict. It seems to not make it appear all the time.

Which is kinda shit, I like jumping into the drone shells stored there to build my own autism fort without getting on anyone's nerves.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #194382

Baseball bats are OP as fuck, might want to fix that. I killed apulse wielding ERT commander with one, it's basically infinite use stunbaton that also does damage and throws you around
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #194444

Fucking tablecrafting kitchen menu is still fucking garbage and still lags the shit out of my client every time and occasionally crashes it. Why is this still a thing?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #195164

The blob-round 45min quarantine timer is a terrible idea, as evident by a recent round in which the station completely wiped out the blobs, celebrated as they rebuilt, and then were suddenly under attack by their own AI who was trying to nuke the nonexistent blob.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #195165

AnonymousNow wrote:The blob-round 45min quarantine timer is a terrible idea, as evident by a recent round in which the station completely wiped out the blobs, celebrated as they rebuilt, and then were suddenly under attack by their own AI who was trying to nuke the nonexistent blob.
It's just one of those things that never happens regularly until it does
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #195254

Normally the round should end on the Blob's destruction, the AI quarantine timer is simply a means of forcing the round to not drag on I believe and provide the rest of the crew the nuke code if both comms consoles got destroyed.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #195256

Wyzack wrote:Fucking tablecrafting kitchen menu is still fucking garbage and still lags the shit out of my client every time and occasionally crashes it. Why is this still a thing?
it's horrible, PLEASE bring back the old one