Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by Raven776 » #194118

Bottom post of the previous page:

How do you fill up chemical implants? The implant pad says you use a syringe on it while it's in the original casing, but the implant specifically says you can't use it on it while it's in its case when you try to use a syringe on it. I prayed, and an admin told me it was really complicated and they didn't know either. So after around an hour trying to use my ID to swipe literally everything, trying to break it open, trying to do everything to this implant, I had to give up.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #194123

Unless something changed or is broken you just inject it while it is in the implant case
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #194125

I could not.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194132

Sounds like something's broke then.

What type of syringe are you using?
I know at one point the large lethal injection syringes wouldn't work, not sure that got changed on here.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #194167

One from the medbay vendor. It was on metastation if that changes anything.
Zoobastix
Byond Username: Zoobastix

Post by Zoobastix » #194210

How to deconstruct or demolish a plain wall?

Is there a way to fire oxygen from oxygen tanks? (as a means for pushing oneself around in zero gravity for example)

Where is prototype hardsuit located?
"My pure, pure awesome playing allows me to die at an opportune moments!"
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #194219

Deconning a regular wall:-
First, weld it down.
Secondly, Wrench the girder to unanchor it.
Third, screwdriver the girder to completely disassemble it. Or push it out of the way, or use two metal sheets on the displaced girder to make a false wall.

Can't use your own internals tank in that way, but you can throw or shoot in the opposite direction you want to go to navigate (works with laser guns, pens and medipens, don't ask how a beam of light has enough mass to change your velocity). You can use a fire extinguisher which is like an improvised jetpack.
You can also use a fire extinguisher while on an office chair to propel yourself down a corridor very quickly and annoy people simultaneously.

The Prototype Hardsuit is located in the science department. Actual location depends on the map itself but it's usually either the RD's Office or the Toxins Launch room.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #194249

Is there a reason why an elixir of flight won't work?

I'm fascinated by the new items introduced by this big "Lavaland" change (even though I rather miss my old, atmospheric spacebound mines), and this potion is one of the things that has popped up the most.

The other day, we managed to use an Oddyseus to synthesise an infinite amount of the stuff, and give practically the whole crew wings. But we tried to rebottle that thunder today, and it didn't work. A message from the empty bottle, suggesting a bitter aftertaste, suggests that this is an intended game mechanic, but I still wanted to be sure.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #194250

How do you make air injectors
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #194350

How do you bee for good and not evil?
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Reece

Post by Reece » #194359

Whoisthere wrote:How do you bee for good and not evil?
Feed the queen strange reagent.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #194404

How do you make someone else go onto a table (e.g. putting a corpse on an operating table to cut out their brain)?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #194482

factoryman942 wrote:How do you make someone else go onto a table (e.g. putting a corpse on an operating table to cut out their brain)?
Use grab intent and grab them passively, then click on the table. Normal tables need an aggressive grab, but operating tables should work fine.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
CheesusGamer
Byond Username: CheesusGamer

Post by CheesusGamer » #194578

What is the best RnD guide? Preferably has low ammounts of exposure to outside of Sci.

Also whenever I try to follow the fukken guides I come to the point where I should be able to get a mechsyringe but it seems I usually fuck it up and It never shows up on the printer at robo
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #194601

There's Duke's RnD guide literally in this very subforum.
Bring back papercult.

D4C
Byond Username: D4C
Github Username: DfourC

Post by D4C » #194605

Is there a way of testing the siemens coefficient of an item by putting a charge through it somehow, bar wearing the item and touching live wires?
Ready to succeed at some traitorous objectives for a sensible amount of telecrystals.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194636

Nope, not unless you want to dive through code or run your own server and look at the vars.
CheesusGamer
Byond Username: CheesusGamer

Post by CheesusGamer » #195119

If I cut the AI link and the Law sync before installing the mmi unto the bork does it become asimov or lawless?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #195126

CheesusGamer wrote:If I cut the AI link and the Law sync before installing the mmi unto the bork does it become asimov or lawless?
It's default laws will be asimov. Ai link determines whether it is slaved or not, and law sync would have it use the ais laws.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #195142

Someone remind me - can a cyborg have its laws manually reset (ie. not using the console)?

I'm thinking of claimed Syndieborgs.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #195162

If it's not hooked up to an AI or its Law sync was disabled before it got slaved, you can pop open it's cover and insert your boards to manually upload your laws. Do note that cutting it's Law sync after it's been slaved to an AI won't work I don't think. I don't think you can reset a Law 0 gained from a traitor AI though since codewise it's not a core law and not a supplied law I believe. Purge might do it but I'm not 100% sure on that.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #195194

Anonmare wrote:~
Neat.

More questions. I encountered three items in rounds today that I never got to use because I was valided very quickly - a paradox bag, a blue cube and a red cube. What do they do?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #195255

AnonymousNow wrote:
Anonmare wrote:~
Neat.

More questions. I encountered three items in rounds today that I never got to use because I was valided very quickly - a paradox bag, a blue cube and a red cube. What do they do?
no clue about the paradox bag but using the blue cube teleports you to the red one and vice versa
Toast550
Byond Username: Toast550

Post by Toast550 » #196092

How do floor colors work? In some areas for example the kitchen, the tiles are white. Say I wanted to put some white tiles somewhere else, how would I do that?
NSFW:
HA! You wanted to see something not safe for work didn't you?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #196094

I think there's a specific tool that paints floor tiles? I forget what it is though. Try airlock painters maybe?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Toast550
Byond Username: Toast550

Post by Toast550 » #196095

Zilenan91 wrote:I think there's a specific tool that paints floor tiles? I forget what it is though. Try airlock painters maybe?
Tried that, they only work on airlocks. :(
NSFW:
HA! You wanted to see something not safe for work didn't you?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #196096

dunno then. Try asking admins on the server because I know they can do it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Reece

Post by Reece » #196123

I asked in OOC and an admin said only they could mess with floor tile colours. It made me mucho sado.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #196127

Floor colours are integral to a map, we have to manually add different coloured panels via the game panel or VV edit if we want to change how a floor looks. Same with walls.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #196343

Another one.

Legion cores. Do they differ if implanted whilst active than if they're not active?

EDIT: While I remember, I wanted to ask about flashes.

:flash:

Obviously they work when applied to someone. But do they get their full effects when clicked inhand in immediate proximity to anything?
Last edited by AnonymousNow on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196369

Can't implant active ones for all I know, they're just applied normally instead.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Post by Shadowizard » #203661

How do you destroy sandbags?
Adam Twelve
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #203746

Where did the "this kills tactical chairs" meme start?
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #203747

Screemonster wrote:Where did the "this kills tactical chairs" meme start?
I can't remember who it originated with, but the context was someone's response over a PR which involved chairs, and the line itself was regarding lines of chairs set up facing fore/North, which caused peoples' sprites to be hidden behind them and thus be harder to click.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #203752

Don't forget tactical tables for disabling rogue cyborgs
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203757

AnonymousNow wrote:
Screemonster wrote:Where did the "this kills tactical chairs" meme start?
I can't remember who it originated with, but the context was someone's response over a PR which involved chairs, and the line itself was regarding lines of chairs set up facing fore/North, which caused peoples' sprites to be hidden behind them and thus be harder to click.
no the PR made it so attacking with a weapon in a general direction would automatically hit nearby targets instead of having to click them directly
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #203832

Demon, you are wrong, I get fresh ones implanted all the time. Fresh legion souls spawn two of the blood minion things when you click it, instead of only one. I have no idea if it heals faster or not
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #203840

the fuck is a cannister bomb? People were talking about them a while back, no idea.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #203842

TheColdTurtle wrote:Demon, you are wrong, I get fresh ones implanted all the time. Fresh legion souls spawn two of the blood minion things when you click it, instead of only one. I have no idea if it heals faster or not
I was told the answer to this in the end; I should've relayed it here, so I'm doing that now.

Legion souls come in three flavours, and when implanted, they are, in ascending order of healing power...

- Inert
- Stable
- Active

The previous two will let you spawn a blood brood, whereas the last one will let you spawn two. However, when not implanted, only the latter two will fully heal you if you splat it onto yourself.

It's possible and safe to do prep surgery before going into the mines, so that when you get a legion core you can run back to the mining station, jump onto the table and have a buddy implant it into you fresh (optional: seal the wound with a welder). Couple that with a healing virus, possibly changelingism, and a medibot, and you'll come out of crit.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #203880

Falamazeer wrote:the fuck is a cannister bomb? People were talking about them a while back, no idea.
Its the same as a TTV bomb except instead of using a TTV and two tanks you use a tank and a canister.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #203891

AnonymousNow wrote:
TheColdTurtle wrote:Demon, you are wrong, I get fresh ones implanted all the time. Fresh legion souls spawn two of the blood minion things when you click it, instead of only one. I have no idea if it heals faster or not
I was told the answer to this in the end; I should've relayed it here, so I'm doing that now.

Legion souls come in three flavours, and when implanted, they are, in ascending order of healing power...

- Inert
- Stable
- Active

The previous two will let you spawn a blood brood, whereas the last one will let you spawn two. However, when not implanted, only the latter two will fully heal you if you splat it onto yourself.

It's possible and safe to do prep surgery before going into the mines, so that when you get a legion core you can run back to the mining station, jump onto the table and have a buddy implant it into you fresh (optional: seal the wound with a welder). Couple that with a healing virus, possibly changelingism, and a medibot, and you'll come out of crit.
Stabilized ones spawn two broods.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #203893

Oh, same for stabilised cores? I took that bit from word of mouth, so I can't be sure.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #203904

Malkevin wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:the fuck is a cannister bomb? People were talking about them a while back, no idea.
Its the same as a TTV bomb except instead of using a TTV and two tanks you use a tank and a canister.
Huh... thanks.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #203919

Malkevin wrote:Its the same as a TTV bomb except instead of using a TTV and two tanks you use a tank and a canister.
What's the point of a canister bomb anyway? The only thing I can think of is that you don't need a Tank-transfer valve to make one but they're not THAT hard to get.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #203920

Is chlorine trifluoride foam supposed not to burn at all?
Will blackpowder smoke turn everything around into high explosive zone?
Will the napalm foam/blackpowder foam be capable of exploding or making fire?
Do chem implants activate upon death?
Do reagents mix inside the mob in TG code?
Does sorium throw glass shards or metal roads strong enough to embed?
How to make explosion, which will be strong enough to throw glass shards, but not strong enough to totally delete them?
Does thermite make people SUPER FLAMMABLE?
Can you fill spray cans with reagents?
Reece

Post by Reece » #203933

They do mix inside people yes.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #203940

Anonmare wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Its the same as a TTV bomb except instead of using a TTV and two tanks you use a tank and a canister.
What's the point of a canister bomb anyway? The only thing I can think of is that you don't need a Tank-transfer valve to make one but they're not THAT hard to get.
They're quick to make, and ideally you don't want to be the one setting it off.
Now, if you can swap the O2 tank in EVA, you know, the one everyone going to space uses to top up their oxygen tanks, with an O2 tank full of heated plasma and wait for someone to pop in for a refill...
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #203942

Anonmare wrote:
So Atmos can blow shit up.

Both toxins and atmos are completely inferior to the corn chemist though.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #204008

What exactly does the Wish Granter do? I got to one after about two hours of effort the other day - it said it was listening, I told it my wish, and nothing happened.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #204016

AnonymousNow wrote:What exactly does the Wish Granter do? I got to one after about two hours of effort the other day - it said it was listening, I told it my wish, and nothing happened.
Grants wishes :honk:

In all seriousness, gives you a list of things (power, riches, succ) and it gives you that and also transforms you into a shadow person.

Which kills you since all the dungeon tiles are alight.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #204018

AnonymousNow wrote:What exactly does the Wish Granter do? I got to one after about two hours of effort the other day - it said it was listening, I told it my wish, and nothing happened.
when you say "told it your wish" do you mean you spoke a wish aloud or did you click on it again and pick a wish
also if you pick world peace it kills all the faithless (which is pretty much pointless since they're usually all dead by the time you reach the granter), pick immortality that shit's busted
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: