Vomit Induced Heart Attacks (Darkest Dungeon)

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Vomit Induced Heart Attacks (Darkest Dungeon)

Post by Wyzack » #204211

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oh shit i didnt know that, i have never had it get that bad before. so if you stay at 200 stress and get healed up are you immune to further stress?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #204261

Nope. A heart attack reduces stress by 30 in addition to all that

So once they had a heart attack, they're going to be at 170 stress and deaths door. Likely in the middle of combat too, with probably a stress causing enemy near them
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #204264

I just ran a medium champion dungeon and came out with heroes basically ready to run again. I think it is time to do the first DD
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #204697

Dante Smith the Highwayman just got resurrected. HE'S BACK BITCHES.

Will writefag about later.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #204836

I know this is just fan art and would be ridiculously hard to implement in the game but...

Highwayman Upgrade Art

Graverobber Upgrade Art

I NEED THIS.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #204847

They are cool, but i really like the grungy dirty asthetic the game has and I think it makes the highwayman especially look a little less rugged and cool
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #204849

I dunno I really like how he goes from a dirty highway toll thief to a dapper-ass lookin' CRIME LORD.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #204854

He was never in it for the money or the bitches. He ser out on the old road looking for redemption
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #204994

Wyzack wrote:He was never in it for the money or the bitches. He ser out on the old road looking for redemption
Gold and grave robbers is a nice perk tho
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #216451

New dlc coming soon! I have ideas for new classes.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #242875

I bump this thread cuz been lot of discussion lately on the other forums

Are you guys excite for crimson cort?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242898

I sure am.

Finally decided to try the first area of the darkest dungeon. Brought a mark team, bounty hunter Highwayman Occultist Houndmaster. Bounty hunter was piled with damage trinkets, did like 45 damage non crit on marked targets. Stress was a bit of an issue but once we got to the shambler boss we fucking assblasted him to oblivion, got a 64 damage crit which was fucking awesome
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #242945

barkest bungeon
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #242971

Siqq crit bronco!

if I was a good arter and codesmith I woulda makea mods for my class ideas that I do have. I have two ideas but lack any form of ability to do things well
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242974

Bounty hunter is one of my favorite characters in the game since he is pretty simple (damage to marked and sick pulls) plus he is just such a simple single minded killer. *snort

what are your ideas crag?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #243044

My ideas are nowhere near compleat. This is what I have so fart.

Class one: "The Wretch"
"Twisted by the cruel machinations of fate, this man in the shape of a monster seeks to prove himself..."
A hunchback garbed in a crude jerkin and cloak. Think Quasimodo or Ygor type guy. Wields a crude wooden club and a sling. He would be a sort of tanky dude with abilities that stress himself or his party. He would have a "Sanctuary" power where he defends a party member at the cost of stressing himself, and a "wailing rage" power that does more damage based on his stress level but causes stress amongst the party. He'd also sling rocks and hit dudes with a club. He'd have a "scapegoat" camp skill that decreases his parties stress at the cost of his own wellbeing.

Class Two: "The Trapper"
He'd be a hooded foresty man with a short bow and a hunting knife. He'd be a back line guy who can set a "trap" on his teammates position which would be reactive damage to a bad guy that attacks them, such as a beartrap attack that would do a bleed and a net drop attack for a cool stunnn. Also he would have a caltrop scattering direct attack for slight damage across two guys but would make them slow down debuff.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243045

The wretch seems very similar to the Abomination, only without the gross transformation

Trapper seem p cool and could definitely find a niche in the roster
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #243051

The abomination is more of a status slapper and transformo puncher, what I am trying to get the wretch to be is a meatshield that builds dps potential by getting stressed and beat up and trying to balance hard hitting slappaslamma with "oh shit he's gone completely bonkers and is making everyone else miserable and his little retard heart just gave out". I'm not.good at conveying my ideas but he would be a sorta high risk high reward sorta deal.

Thank you for liking the trapper though, I feel his weakness would be movement vulnerability because in the front ranks he'd just have a shitty skinning knife for poking.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243062

I don't think a single hero has any sort of AOE debuffs which would be pretty nice to have
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #243065

Thank you for listening to my ideas wyzack. Also I think the abominations bile is an aoe debuff cuz it reduces blight resistance
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243070

Oh yeah i think the graverobber might have one too, but they are usually just DOT resistance stuff, i am taking like lowered dodge/accuracy/prot
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #243071

Wyzack wrote:I don't think a single hero has any sort of AOE debuffs which would be pretty nice to have
>Plague doc
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243073

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I don't think a single hero has any sort of AOE debuffs which would be pretty nice to have
>Plague doc

PD has back row blight and stun AOEs, but those are not actual debuffs. Am i forgetting something?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #243074

I consider DOT to be a debuff. Also this game I was expecting to be more fun than it actually is, smdh
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243076

Debuffs are expressly different than blight or bleed, and have their own resistance stat
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #243077

Stop shattering my headcanon
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #243138

Thanks for liking my ideas. I like the abomination too I wouldn't want yo replace him I just like having more guys. I like every hero in the game! Even auntie quarian she is top waifjew
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #243140

started a new run recently because i finally legally acquired the game

excited for the dlc
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243160

Gonna try my dd1 team against all the level 5 bosses for those dope trinkets
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243677

Today i made a post complaining about performance decrease since the last DD patch and literally within the hour one of the RedHook game developers posted and told me they knew of the issue, they were waiting to push the official patch till the next content patch and that there was a beta branch on steam that would reverse the issue.

Seriously fucking good people.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #247398

Radiant mode soon, fellow adventurers. Accelerated gameplay and new champion level horrors await! Skeletons with BANNERS.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #250007

I had another idea.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #250128

what is it
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #250133

There's only three religious classes in the game and that's not enough for a full squad of faith so I think lets make another

So I make up the Stigmatist

They are a dude with a tonsure and a robe and bandaided hands and they have a cat-o-nine-tails for the attacking. They'd be like a counter-abomination with a dual-form sorta skill set. In their regular state they have some light damage scourge attacks that cause bleed and some stress-relieving prayers. After activating their stigmata skill, they shed the top of their robe and start to bleed from the hands, feet, eyes, and along the back from whippy scars. This would give them a pretty heavy -heals received debuff and +bleed susceptibility debuff while active, with an increase to their damage output with a new attack with +unholy damage where they lay their bleeding palms across an enemy and increased team care skills, such as annointing a teammate with their blood to heal some damage or remove a debuff/mark. Also he would come with bandage provisions. He could team up with the vesty, leper, and crusader and can be TEAM FAITHFUL
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #250135

This would make the vestal's once prayer camp skill pretty awesome. He would have to be third or fourth row to fit in with the others though, leper and crusader need those first two slots
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #250143

Yes he's more a behindyman than his dark counterpart. Thanks for reading my idea.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #250145

I feel like in his transformed state he might cause some stress to his companions for being so fucking crazy, but that is treading on the Abomination's turf a little bit more, and distinguishing the two would probably be a good idea
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #250201

Ya
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #253488

Radiant is in beta already. I've started a new run.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #253517

Dou you like it
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #253934

Seems harder.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #308384

New class announced, discuss.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #308429

Bolien wrote:New class announced, discuss.
Here's an article about the class: http://www.pcgamer.com/darkest-dungeons ... lagellant/

Some stuff about it:
- Called the flaggellant, kinda like a warrior priest martyr thing.
- Frontline DPS/healer
- High risk/reward. Gets better the less health they have, with a big buff if they're at death's door.
- Can't get virtues, only one affliction which causes him to deal damage to both enemies and allies.
- When they die it heals the rest of the party and stuns/damages enemies.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #308447

Man, I thought that bleed and blight stacks had one timer that was reset each time a new stack was applied, but then I found out that each stack has its own time like I originally thought. I've never gone from "meh" to "oh shit that's interesting, I'm gonna use that" to "meh" again about a mechanic so fast.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #311429

New dlc
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #311432

New content is fucking hard

Crimson Curse is kinda obnoxious at present, really easy to catch and almost impossible to feed.

Courtyard dungeons have to be unlocked in special ways unlike the four base dungeons.

I seem to be getting surprised a lot more at full torch

The new flagellent guy is super fucking powerful and its awesome. He can massively heal himself and either heal another teammate massively or put a huge bleedstack on an enemy any time he is below 50% health, so he will probably only ever die if you choose not to heal him or get really unlucky with enemy turns. Also any time he hits deaths door he gives a decent heal to all your other team mates and he has better deathblow resist than any other hero
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #312673

I have tried and tried to enjoy this game, I really have, but I can't. I love the atmosphere, the art style, the sounds and music, the combat mechanics and stress and dark oppressive feel. It's all superbly done.

What I DON'T like is that it is pretty much all up to RNG, to a disgusting extent. How much damage do you deal? Criticals? Hitting them at all or getting hit? If enemies will gang up on one dude or not? What the enemies in the encounter will be? Whether you surprise them or are surprised? Whether either of you get shuffled when that happens? Status effects, diseases, trap win chances, chances, CHANCES, CHANCES.

There is so much RNG in this game that you could literally lose a top tier max quality level 6 character in the first fight of an easy run at max light because the game felt like shitting on you. You can try and cheese things as much as you want, but at the end of the day there are an absolute assload of hard blocks to any sort of cheesing. There's a maximum amount of prot a character can get (90%), maximum amount of dodge effectiveness (90%), maximum amount of death's door protection (~80%?), maximum virtue chance (~60%).

And you may say that this is all to make the game feel risky and dangerous and difficult, but I say that it does nothing but dick you over EVEN WHEN you are being as careful and slow and methodical as you can! I've never found any RNG in combat to be fun, let alone SO MUCH of it. If you want to make the game actually difficult, then make the enemies hit hard, have a lot of health, and be something you'd want to avoid. Not just layering RNG on top of more RNG. There's nothing worse than trying and missing a cultist 6 times in a row while she keeps focus firing the same person with stress damage (always hitting) and to have them get an affliction within the FIRST FIGHT OF THE DUNGEON.

Or, you know, RANDOMLY FIGHTING A COLLECTOR WHO SPAWNS MORE GUYS THAT HEAL HIM.

Pain in the ass to play this game. I can't stand it. I would adore it if it weren't entirely RNG dependent on whether you can accomplish anything or not. You can't even cheese it like, say, dodge chance in FTL (40% + cloak's 60% = 100% dodge).
danno

Post by danno » #312680

I can understand why the RNG elements piss so many people off
My first run of this game, I wiped a party due to some RNG and I got so angry I didn't play the game for like... a year and a half or more
I think the key to really understanding and enjoying this game is coming to terms with the fact that you're completely at the whim of fate, and then from there you can focus on trying to exploit what you can for maximum chances at survival.
Now that I'm playing it again, for the most part I find the game very enjoyable. It feels good to survive an outing using your noggin.
The RNG can really piss me off but it doesn't really get in the way for me anymore.

What gets in the way for me now is the fucking crimson court enemies.
I did a run in the warrens where I would estimate around 80% of my total enemy encounters were bloodsuckers.
The whole party got the curse.

There are a lot of things I really like about the DLC; The Flagellant is cool as fuck, the new trinkets are dope and districts are a cool addition, and I like the format of the courtyard (having static maps is an interesting new paradigm). But the infestation in other areas is just getting on my fucking nerves, I'm really tired of going to the weald or something and coming out with 3-4 infected party members. Fucking christ. My Dismas has fucking crimson curse. Fuck.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #312731

This one has become..... vestigial. Useless.

Seriously though the game is about risk management, rng can make your day harder but if you mitigate risks and play smart you will not needless lose a run without some sort of error on your part
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #312918

Pretty much that

Part of the good in Darkest Dungeon is that you have risk management and it's actively included in the design
Better to retreat and get out than lose someone most of the time, and using this idea and the idea that it's all about managing risks I've found it to be easy. Havent tried the court yet though

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer- Retreat when shit goes sour and don't stick around
danno

Post by danno » #313101

CRIMSON COURT ENEMIES HAVE A 38% CHANCE OF INFECTING HEROES ON ATTACK

38%