Hallucinations are way way over the top.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Amiright?

Yeah brah
19%
Nah
81%

Total votes: 16

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Hallucinations are way way over the top.

Post by Falamazeer » #205173

There are currently to many methods of getting hallucinations, and they all last an eternity, Not to mention they lag you to shit once the fake sing, fake plasma and fake attackers all happen at once, I just got kicked mid fight because of all this nonsense, and I'd been collapsing and fake-critting since the first few minutes of the round, when I got got the first time.

BZ, Diseases, grown drugs, reagents, all of them can give you hallucinations, and it's worse than retardism, because many times the cure you need is located and provided by the faggots who gave you the problem, most commonly the damn chemists. but because there are so many sources of hallucinations, team antag rounds means that if anyone in any of those departments decides to employ their method, then you have multiple people dosing the entire station to the best of their traitorly ability.

Lower the duration for drug related trips, and remove this symptom from the diseases.
this shit is retarded, I'd literately prefer just dying from overdose, which eventually I just ghosted because I'd been so fucked for so long that I was completely out of touch with the round, and couldn't effectively do my job anymore.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: Hallucinations are way way over the top.

Post by J_Madison » #205187

i agree. can you even see BZ?
I remember sitting in a room and suddenly being knocked out for 5 minutes and a singulo ate me. that's the dumbest shit ever
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #205189

BZ is invisible for some strange reason.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #205200

Hallucinations are doing their job, it sounds like.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #205209

I agree. Please lower the time.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #205219

J_Madison wrote:i agree. can you even see BZ?
I remember sitting in a room and suddenly being knocked out for 5 minutes and a singulo ate me. that's the dumbest shit ever
yeah its almost as bad as fungal TB
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #205260

Gotta say that the hallucination symptom for viruses is very weak in comparoson to BZ and mindbreaker, it triggers rarely and doesnt last long.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #205388

"I just got kicked mid fight because of all this nonsense"

something got in the way of my murderboner valids

I don't like thing now remove it to cater to me.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #205402

Oranges. Stop being so entitled. And PS, by kicked he means as in kicked from the server due to this. Which doesn't surprise me at all. The hallucinations can lag you to shit, and has personally even caused my client to stop responding.

Honestly, whose bright idea was it to even add BZ in the first place?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #205427

I am not acting entitled, Falamazeer is acting entitled by demanding the game changes over one single incident where he couldn't manage to kill someone.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #205518

If a """"""""""""""feature"""""""""""""""" can cause so much lag that it will force the server to kick you then yeah, he has every right to get pissy over it. It's one thing for him to bitch about how long trips last, it's another thing for him to complain about a clearly unintended side effect that has affected people other than him and will presumably go on to affect others.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #205565

oranges wrote:I am not acting entitled, Falamazeer is acting entitled by demanding the game changes over one single incident where he couldn't manage to kill someone.
Uhh, wow, I'm so excited, this is the first time anyone has ever assumed I was robusting or winning anything in a long while.

but no, rev round, i was a sec officer in medbay, you can guess how my day was going.
That alone would be a bad situation, but I was also tripping balls from multiple sources.

It was more like I got kicked (clientkicked) mid-fleeing, if you wanna be technical, So no, it's not like I got denied delicious tears from my awesome robust powers, More like I just got fucked by a poorly implemented feature.

And it's not a singular incident, It's a pattern wherin I find myself getting tagged with multiple sources of hallucination often enough to be frustrated by it. And if not multiple sources, then a fucking ton of just one.

the duration is excessive, the knockdown fake crits happen too often, It's just too much overall, and again, I'd literately rather just overdose, die and be done with it.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.