Fighting meta with meta

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Fighting meta with meta

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #205976

Right now, the gamemode is too easy to determine, thanks to a few tells (clockwork slab? clockcult! tome? bloodcult! They resisted the implant?! it's revs! etc etc etc). This needs to change because it sucks and detracts from the game's appeal of being a paranoia-inducing panic fest.

Address the issue by providing decoy packages to antags in most gamemodes. This would be a very cheap(1tc) box filled with useless gear from a different game mode. You could randomly get a box full of:

- Clockwork gear
- Blood cult robes, tomes, construct shells, etc
- "Disabled" nuke op gear; a replica (non-functional) red space suit, an empty op radio, shell casings
- Suspicious devices in a multitude of colors, spray cans, more shell casings

Thoughts?
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Fighting meta with meta

Post by Lumbermancer » #205978

If you got seen using tome or slab, or caught early, then it's your damn fault. Hugbox.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #205981

Its an interesting idea. Even if they end up rarely being used, the fact that they exist would still cause people to potentially doubt what they found or saw.

Could also be used as traitor chaplain to trick security into trusting you if they think there is a cult.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #205985

TribeOfBeavers wrote:Its an interesting idea. Even if they end up rarely being used, the fact that they exist would still cause people to potentially doubt what they found or saw.

Could also be used as traitor chaplain to trick security into trusting you if they think there is a cult.
Yessssss I hadn't even thought about that but it's perfect. Keeping the cost down is important though. Even if no one ever buys them, it increases the chance of one (or several >.>) spawning in a surplus gear crate.
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #205987

> buys 4 nuke ops fakes
> leave them outside airlock
> scream you found ops gear and that its stealth ops
> get let into armory to get anti nuke gear
> steal your item kill the target
> green text
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #205991

This is the kind of meta-subterfuge we should be encouraging.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #206010

""datum antags"" was supposed to fix it but anyone who works on it is cursed to never finish it
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #206028

this is why we have some items or features called "metabreakers"
giving syndie hardsuits and belts to regular traitors was a metabreaker
being able to emag the library computer for a tome is a metabreaker
etc
the problem with this is that eventually the metabreaker becomes the meta, so when people find a tome in the library, often their first reaction is going to be "oh, it's traitor"
code keeping up with ingame meta is difficult
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #206036

That's why you double bluff PK. Like leaving the tome in the library for anyone to find as a genuine cultist. Or you can triple bluff by leaving the tome in the library and randomly stunning, cable tieing and EMP flashing random people to confuse the meta anymore.
Though, that stops working when the other traitors whip out their e-sword and start flopping it around the bar.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #206304

Make more fake antag gear come out of the arcade machines instead of putting it behind the elusive TC paywall that only affects 2 gamemodes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #206305

EndgamerAzari wrote:This is the kind of meta-subterfuge we should be encouraging.
Somebody gets it
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #206311

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Make more fake antag gear come out of the arcade machines instead of putting it behind the elusive TC paywall that only affects 2 gamemodes.
What about a source of aanti meta gear, along the lines of old revolutionaries? All they would have is flashes, which one job actually carried around, Roboticists.
Why not turn the reskins used by antags, into items people carry around?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #206322

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Make more fake antag gear come out of the arcade machines instead of putting it behind the elusive TC paywall that only affects 2 gamemodes.
This is the correct and most fun response
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #206329

I'm down for more toy gear because any other implementation is retarded
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #206332

Toy narsie robes. Toy ratvar robes. Toy clockwork slab and toy tomes. Toy chameleon huds
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #206404

change the gangs pen to a flash
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #206406

Helios wrote:
What about a source of aanti meta gear, along the lines of old revolutionaries? All they would have is flashes, which one job actually carried around, Roboticists.
Why not turn the reskins used by antags, into items people carry around?
*gets nabbed by security*
*has flash, chamhuds, and spraycan*

"ARE YOU ARRESTING ME FOR BEING A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO-GAMER?!!"
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #206415

That's another excellent idea. I'm also advocating for these boxes of gear to be obtainable in cult/gang for similarly low costs. Also a wizard spell that does the same thing, but silently spams crap into people's bags/pockets (except sec/heads).
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #206420

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Also a wizard spell that does the same thing, but silently spams crap into people's bags/pockets (except sec/heads).
That's a great idea; a 'Frame' spell. The invocation could be TWA'ZINT'MI.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #207353

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Atlanta-Ned wrote: Also a wizard spell that does the same thing, but silently spams crap into people's bags/pockets (except sec/heads).
That's a great idea; a 'Frame' spell. The invocation could be TWA'ZINT'MI.
DIN D'NUFFN