Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Talk about video games here
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Post by Jacough » #206572

Bottom post of the previous page:

3 Possible, but only very limited to shoot the sub's rooms with railguns(Only the brig and medical)
I'm really going to have to do something with that if I roll traitor mechanic
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #206580

So when/where I find dem tg spessmens swimmin in submuhreeens?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #206582

Temp link to the discord: https://discord.gg/5UPpQ
If you see talking about subs or in the barotrauma voice channel it is happening.
Timing is sort of shaky different people hosting non persistent servers and all.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #206587

I'm running a server semi-permanently now

It's on autorestart at the moment with voting stuff and the tg shit.

Just DM me sub links if you want them on the server. I don't know why you would XSI sub is the best sub.
Last edited by Stickymayhem on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #206588

Seems cool, downloaded
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #206604

TG sub is great, but it lacks detonators, and bridge is not cap-only.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #206613

Stickymayhem wrote: Just DM me sub links if you want them on the server. I don't know why you would XSI sub is the best sub.
I didn't make it
That was just me analysing the thing

Not sure if those things were intentional design, but they worked out really well
It does seem to still miss some things like C-4. You can't make C-4 so the sub needs it spawned somewhere.
An0n3 wrote:It's good until one cackling fox runs around with a screwdriver undoing everything and you have to gently caress them with a wrench.
Also on this
I was security officer and arrested them for doing so at least one round

Then the captain orders me to release them. So I did.
Captains, please trust your sec officers. If shit is breaking or people seem to be missing health and a sec officer arrests a guy - Then the officer probably caught them in the act.
Same for the rest of the crew. If someone is on a gun and shooting, please assume first that they're shooting at the local wildlife and not the sub. Not until you can hear water and have checked the minimap console at least. Don't grab your welder and try to weld them to death as hero of the sub. It doesn't work out well usually
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #206614

XSI wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote: Just DM me sub links if you want them on the server. I don't know why you would XSI sub is the best sub.
I didn't make it
That was just me analysing the thing

Not sure if those things were intentional design, but they worked out really well
It does seem to still miss some things like C-4. You can't make C-4 so the sub needs it spawned somewhere.
An0n3 wrote:It's good until one cackling fox runs around with a screwdriver undoing everything and you have to gently caress them with a wrench.
Also on this
I was security officer and arrested them for doing so at least one round

Then the captain orders me to release them. So I did.
Captains, please trust your sec officers. If shit is breaking or people seem to be missing health and a sec officer arrests a guy - Then the officer probably caught them in the act.
Same for the rest of the crew. If someone is on a gun and shooting, please assume first that they're shooting at the local wildlife and not the sub. Not until you can hear water and have checked the minimap console at least. Don't grab your welder and try to weld them to death as hero of the sub. It doesn't work out well usually
I meant Xerux I'm not very smart

I hope this is some proof that I'm legitimately stupid enough to be the massive liability I am

How did I ever run this place
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #206625

Running any kind of permanent server has the same danger that running a SS13 server without admins does.
It just invites griff.

Currently the log files for the game are a total clusterfuck and only help if you single out a specific incident and try to find the root cause of it. Who overloaded the generator, for example.
It doesn't log world events like the generator exploding, but it will tell you what anyone who touched it did to it.
It wont tell you who the traitors are until round end, which means anyone who wants to just fucking ruining the game has at least one round's worth of complete immunity to do so.

The game is a nightmare on public servers because half the people are there just to fuck everything up and watch the sub burn. The official forums have a few people trying to create a global ban list but I wouldn't mirror it because:

A) I don't like recognizing other people's authority that I haven't personally vetted
B) Some of those people are major spergs and I wouldn't trust their judgement (see A)

I respect the dev focusing on the actual game and not the admin/server toolset. As we already have a decent community here and our own ability to self-police we don't really need that shit anyway.

One final thing: if you're going to post the server details in a public forum I would recommend not using that password. Pick something else so if someone just googles "barotrauma server" they wont get a hit on that post with that password and see the people posting. It's a pretty easy chain of logic to follow and the affects would be unpleasant.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #206662

Trying to get a game going on ripstation now.

edit: Substation13 round over.

1 victory, about 12 losses, six transport shuttles sunk by faggots opening the external hatch.
Last edited by Not-Dorsidarf on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #206700

Oh yes lets just give out server info to the hordes of bagil players good going
XSI

Post by XSI » #206726

Courtesy of Rosen, all the screenshots he got so far
Including a few from 2015
https://imgur.com/a/2Rd3b
qwert

Post by qwert » #206876

Link to discord worked, then TEGEEEE vanished from muh discord list ;___;7

Also I finally completed the mission alone, woo.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #206943

Ah there you are. Since I couldn't figure out where you came from I PURGE'D to make sure the discord info wasn't getting around. I'll give you a new link to use. We'll probably be playing subs in a few minutes.

https://discord.gg/KNbw4
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #206953

Anon trying to hide is super sekret club
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #206966

Cool kids only.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #206993

>cool kids only
>is an old man
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #206995

Why not just send the link by PM and post on here it's in the PM?
qwert

Post by qwert » #207021

Can anyone explain, why perfectly fine working submarines with preset up nuclear reactors suddenly go into EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE mode, like some asshole purposefully designed them to set on fire in 5 minutes.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #207032

The exact opposite:

shoddy wiring with too few junction boxes.
people design subs with outlandish power consumption and then wonder why everything meltsdown or just moves like a brick shithouse
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #207041

When I designed my sub, I planned for 3 reactors for 3 separate powergrids

Fucking powergrids, they're so fiddly and you can break them so easily
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #207070

Sorry for my bungling captaincy last night. A sub that big picks up an awful lot of momentum.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #207129

The trick is to never go above 15kph in any direction unless you are forced to run away from something.

It's also kinda unfair for me to brag because I've been Captain so much on so many different subs I've gotten a handle on how the physics for sub driving work. Different subs have different characteristics for how fast they can start, stop, sink, dive, etc.

FWIW the /tg/ sub is actually super fucking maneuverable for its size. If you think that thing is hard to control try some of the others.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #207210

Honestly being a captain is easy when you're cautious enough to not fuck up the sub(This is the part that people have problems with) and you have a crew that's halfway competent/not intentionally sabotaging shit

But there is nothing you can do as a captain when some idiot opens the airlock and doesnt close doors behind him
Except hope your landing is soft enough to survive and your crew competent enough to fix it

Similarly, there is nothing you can do if you're on a mission to hunt a moloch and your crew misses almost all the railgun shells and the thing survives. Seriously that thing is as big as a submarine how do you miss everything
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #207294

People missed a few shots on the End Worm we had to kill last night

That thing is actually larger than the Rockbottom and probably most other subs

Barring stupid ones like that luxury liner
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #207371

Next time we craft nukes before we move

Have we ever found the cure to sudden seaman death syndrome?
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #207423

I think the one game yesterday where I ended up as Captain I sort of did alright, just playing without a mic can make it hard at points.
Also the sparse wiki means majority of stuff is sort of learn as you fuck it up.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #207441

Supermichael777 wrote:Next time we craft nukes before we move

Yep, don't run up or down stairs. Just like my parents always told me when I was a kid.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #207447

Like I posted above the most important thing to remember as captain is to put the sub in park when shit goes wrong.

If shit is about to go wrong (like you're about to crash into a rock and can't help it) put the shit in park before you brace for impact.

The absolute worst shit in the game, the most frustrating shit IMO, is when you run around fixing the sub only to immediately have it take off from the floor and rocket into some shit because the nav was still fucked up/the captain didn't park it.

If you can do this one thing you will be at least an okay captain.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #207466

Jacough wrote:
Supermichael777 wrote:Next time we craft nukes before we move

Yep, don't run up or down stairs. Just like my parents always told me when I was a kid.
Doesn't work. Sometimes you die just out of nowhere while being nowhere near stairs at all. Or having not ran even once
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #207467

It's probably because you ran in a previous round or once in your life
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #207472

I dunno if it's just my distance but there is some kind of network lag that makes the mouse movement seem super jittery and it's awfullllllllll
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #207522

my game freezes for a second every few seconds and it's literally unplayable
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #207537

I should play this game, but you guys would hate me because I'm like a naked baby in the woods with it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #207539

So long as you aren't intentionally fucking things up regularly it's fine

Just run a single player mission to get the controls down and learn about the reactor and stuff and you're ready to play
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #207543

There are tutorials and shit. Learn by playing them and then just jump in. Fuck it.

You can't possibly be worse than some of the chucklefucks who regularly congregate on the ship anyway.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #207555

Do what i do and just man and maintain guns to start, it is super easy
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #207561

What those guys said

Just try
Pick one thing when you play MP and try to stick to it. You learn best by experience, once you have the basic controls down
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #210000

Endworm op

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #210024

I never thought i'd look at the current state of the Rock Bottom and think we were under-equipped to handle a situation.

This is that rare moment where a brave medical doctor with murderchems swimming out an airlock to poison the shit out of the beast would work.

Barring that we'd have needed more nuclear torpedoes than we could've possibly made.

Also whoever suggested it at first:

STOP LOADING THE FUCKING FUEL RODS INTO NUCLEAR TORPEDOES
YOU DONT NEED TO DO THAT
IT DOES NOTHING BUT WASTE OUR FUEL RODS

Furthermore if the generator gets completely submerged and the batteries are all dead we aren't fucked anymore.
You can now put three fuel rods into a generator, even if its completely sunk, and use it to power the sub.
Be careful though because as soon as it isnt submerged anymore it's probably going to overheat immediately and explode.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #210217

fuck you buddy im making HEAT SABOT rounds out of these torpedoes with some spent uranium casings...

u think a little complaint about some stupid thing like """power"""" and """effeciency""" is going to stop me from making heat rounds??? tGHINK AGAIN FUCKER..
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #210318

The next time you load a fuel rod in a torpedo Ill be loading your corpse into the one after it
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #210330

An0n3 wrote:The next time you load a fuel rod in a torpedo Ill be loading your corpse into the one after it
c-can we do that?
私は完璧
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #210332

I think you can technically put anything into a torpedo. I just have no idea what the code would do with a fuel rod, if anything.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #210334

Davidchan wrote:I think you can technically put anything into a torpedo. I just have no idea what the code would do with a fuel rod, if anything.
I meant more the corpse :3
私は完璧
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #210345

I think it has to fit in your backpack. That said being able to shove a body into a depth charge launcher would make them useful.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #210346

Davidchan wrote:I think it has to fit in your backpack. That said being able to shove a body into a depth charge launcher would make them useful.
a burial at sea is a little nicer than the ballast tank.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #210481

I'll stuff a few things in your corpse Remie ;)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #210484

Honk
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #210488

An0n3 wrote:I'll stuff a few things in your corpse Remie ;)
god damnit!
私は完璧
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #211700

Wize fwom your gwave.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler: