Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by SJ212 » #206357

Bottom post of the previous page:

Falamazeer wrote:
Spoiler:
Dewalt is kinda the default, but I really can't think of any shitty angle grinders, even the worst of them met the standard I expected for the price when I bought em new.
Just steer clear of pawn shop second hand deals that don't have a guard.

some people seem to fight saying guards get in the way of good detail work, but do not believe it, a brush end in particular can throw a needle in your eye and ruin your fucking life forever,

learn to do good detail work around a guard, don't let a bench grinder, or angle grinder fuck up your teeth or face or vision just because it felt easier or faster to go without it.

At least be comfortable with that rule for 2 years before you start bending it. I have bent the angle grinder guard rule exactly once since it threw a chuck of ceramic at my motherfucking face, and that rule bend, and that accident was about two years apart.
i think i'll go with something cheap for now and maybe 2nd or 3rd semester i'll spend a bit more. thanks for the all the help, i really appreciate it.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #206407

Going to see Ninja Sex Party play the Opera House in Toronto tonight, so fucking excited!
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #206408

Wyzack wrote:Going to see Ninja Sex Party play the Opera House in Toronto tonight, so fucking excited!
I bet you are, you sick fuck
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #206412

Educate yourself cretin

[youtube]FgPpgxVpj6g[/youtube]
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #206414

You lucky bastard, I'm jelly, soo soo jelly.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #206416

They are touring a bit right now, not sure whereabouts you live but if you are in the states you might be able to catch one. Tickets go fast though
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #206421

SJ212 wrote: i think i'll go with something cheap for now and maybe 2nd or 3rd semester i'll spend a bit more. thanks for the all the help, i really appreciate it.
Ah shit, I forgot the single most important tip (pun) a welder type needs, especially while learning.
Spoiler:
Mark your tools and guard them with your life, even if you aren't working with or around toolthieving assholes, it's way easy for people to borrow something and forget it, or pick it up thinking it's theirs. Paint markers are a good option, nail polish is another, just slap your initials on there, or if you're feeling crafty get a pack of those stickers that are letters, apply to tool, then paint, then remove the stickers.

Put your allen wrench set on a padlock and initial that because you can't initial each one realisticly and expect it to last, then people (AND YOU) can't separate them, someday leaving you fucked on a project missing the one size you need, an incomplete allen wrench set is a liability, and annoyance.

Keep all your welding tips stick or brazing rods in one central location preferably with a lock.
You don't have to be a greedy asshole who won't share, but YOU need to control who gets your shit, People will be learning around you, and that leads to a lot of false starts breaking sticks and fucking up, you don't need to bankroll this.

Don't neglect marking your clamps either, C-clamps, gators, all of em, they wind up getting passed around like the village whore, and by the time you get em back, people have been fucking them up, and they won't spin free anymore because of grit grease and weld splatter are all over them.

Extension cords too, it's a tool.

Drillbits are harder to pin down and mark, but mark the set as best you can at the bottom, and mark the box the set came in, best you can do.
While we're at it don't buy an automatic drillbit sharpener, They honestly don't work, the machinist handbook (PDFs everywhere, but a good physical copy is a little pricy but worth it) has a whole chapter on how to fix em up good, and you can even use an angle-grinder rather than a belt sander once you understand the geometry you are looking for.

And even moreso on drillbits, even if you got a fifty dollar tungsten carbide bit, don't drill tempered steel unless you absolutely must, oxyacet torch it instead, easier, save money in broke bits. and if you do drill, cutting oil isn't optional

once you've marked the tools THEN MARK THE WORKBAG WITH THE SAME STYLE AS YOUR TOOLS! all one color and theme, consistent, then your tools match your bag, and you can go to your manager if there is an actual dispute over ownership of the tool (Most likely not, if the tool is marked the otherguy will surrender the item)

It sounds like I'm telling you to be harsh and stingy, but you want a slight reputation for being completely anal about your tools so people will treat them with respect when they borrow them anyways (It happens no matter what)
Spoilered for wall of text, sorry.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #206432

Pro tip: faggy bright pink nail varnish is a good way to keep peoples sticky mitts off your shit

Well, unless you're in San Fran and you work with a bunch of stool pushers
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #206459

:honk: :honk:
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #206489

If I remember to grab it, I'll link you this article that made a lot of sense and helped me with a bit of my depression.
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #206515

I am in constant, chronic physical pain but my complaints about are responded to with "you're too young for that" and I'm treated like a junkie looking to score opiates when I just want to k ow why every joint in my body makes loud popping noises and hurts when I move it.

also I'm essentially homeless.

I reach out to people just to have someone to vent with but they mostly tell me I'm boring them and that all my problems are super easy to solve, I'm just a stupid retard.

I think its funny azari collects neon signs because he is colorblind.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #206558

The show was fucking amazing! They showed the unreleased video for 6969!
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #206643

while i was sick i've been building a fucking huge thing in a video game
it is near pointless to do but it's making me comfy and that's all that matters

get some comfy in your lives
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #206669

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I think its funny azari collects neon signs because he is colorblind.
I don't know why you're so fixated on my little genetic inconvenience or why you keep bringing it up without any reason, and I don't feel like explaining that I can actually see colors just fine, so just imagine the sound of a long, spluttering fart here.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #206677

Yeah bur you have difficulty differentiating between them. Also I dont need to imagine a long sputtering fart, I can just click on the what do you faggots look like thread and search for you to see a picture of one.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #206685

Oddly enough, most neon colors are so vivid that I can easily tell the difference between some of the ones I usually have difficulty with. Of course, since the ones I usually have trouble with are red and brown, and I don't think they make brown neon lights, I don't think it'll ever be an issue.

Also, nice needless hostility.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #206701

He's not being hostile, you're just being really insecure.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #206704

Sorry if i hurt your feelings dude i was just trying the banter, im too acclimated to banting with anon3 and.the lads.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #206715

no it was pretty hostile
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #206725

Super Aggro Crag wrote: I reach out to people just to have someone to vent with but they mostly tell me I'm boring them and that all my problems are super easy to solve, I'm just a stupid retard.
Maybe no one likes you because you're a bit of a cunt.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #206737

I mean, everyone here is.

Except me, I'm a cloaca.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #206775

Yeah, every post!

Zing!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #206777

People like me because I'm a cunt, its when I want to talk about something besides the sexual habits of their mom that they get shitty.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #206799

Super Aggro Crag wrote:People like me because I'm a cunt, its when I want to talk about something besides the sexual habits of their mom that they get shitty.
No one enjoys the presence of an asshole unless you have some dumb Harley Quinn type personality shit, like when her tits get pokey because she gets bitched slap by the Joker.
Admitting your a cunt does nothing other than justify your misplaced ego that's spread across a community of shit eating nerds that will agree with you just because you're loud.

tldr find another reason why people like you because I'm sure you're a decent person more than half of the time.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #206848

fences on the top soon
where that larger balcony is has a little thing called a hota statue inside
it keeps any items inside of it warm forever
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #206877

420weedscopes wrote:fences on the top soon
where that larger balcony is has a little thing called a hota statue inside
it keeps any items inside of it warm forever

What is this vidyagaem?
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #206901

it is Wurm Online
have some more comfies my guy
http://imgur.com/a/SX4ss
if you want to come hang out w/ me i'm on the Exodus server
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #206912

Oh, right. Wurm has multi-floor building now. Thought it looked somewhat familiar

Shame the game still sucks at both combat and crafting
Which are both grindfests to get good at them, and then boring and more grinding respectively

Unless they changed that too?
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #207048

XSI wrote:Oh, right. Wurm has multi-floor building now. Thought it looked somewhat familiar

Shame the game still sucks at both combat and crafting
Which are both grindfests to get good at them, and then boring and more grinding respectively

Unless they changed that too?
nope!
i've been grinding for five years!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #207067

Lost interest in the girl I was starting to like. Found out she's a total workaholic despite living in one of our worst neighborhoods and not owning a car. This is really bad because

1) She'd never have any free time, for starters
2) She obviously has some gigantic financial burden to make her work this hard
3) Since it's not a nice apartment or car it's either pre-existing debt or drugs
4) It's probably drugs.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #207075

Its ok an0n3 even if she wasn't a drug addict she would probably try to get you to do things and spend time with her when you could be posting on a 2d spaceman forum for a game you don't even play.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #207109

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #207112

It was really cool. Place was packed. That was no joke one of the highest energy shows i have ever been to. Goddamn nerds know how to party i guess.

NSP's set was kinda short. TWRP played for an hour and ten minutes to open, and the NSP set was just as long but a good 15 minutes of it was them showing the music video for 6969. I was glad to finally see it but it seemed like a bit of a cop out for a live show. I was hoping they would play attitude city or the NSP theme song but they didn't. Also for some buttfucking reason they were not selling any NSP shirts and i really wanted to buy one.

Overall though it was really awesome and i would definitely see them again if they come back
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #207133

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Its ok an0n3 even if she wasn't a drug addict she would probably try to get you to do things and spend time with her when you could be posting on a 2d spaceman forum for a game you don't even play.
Don't start with me. The forums couldn't handle this fight.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #207142

Aw, man... Gene Wilder passed away.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #207149

whoa what seriously?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #207155

Rip mean gene milder

also anon I'm not trying to fight you I'm just bein sassy sorry if I hurt your feelings
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #207178

EndgamerAzari wrote:Aw, man... Gene Wilder passed away.
i googled this and found his twitter
https://twitter.com/OfficalGene
>Too old for twitter, too young to die!
:(
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #207276

i keep getting the feeling that wilder died earlier this year when all those other celebs were getting ticked off the list
and that the whole internet is being really god damn slow
i'm very tired recently
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #207277

I'm am having the a job

Also lyft is trash fuck lyft fuck uber
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #207395

Was at the bus stop today.
Saw some graffiti.
"Fuck Moms"
"Moms"
"MOms"
... what has england become.
私は完璧
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #207476

Trying to make a plaster mold to make a pewter D20 and the exact middle line is a real bitch to find, but I made a major breakthrough today, Got some singed fingertips, but I managed to crap out a die that with a lot of cleanup will work. Next step is to make a dozen molds with the new 'middle line' breakthrough until I get it right with two or three and then I'll be in business.

I could buy fancy flexible silicon mold making supplies on amazon sure, but those cost big money and I want to make a true die from what amounts to 'taking out the garbage allowance' and put that shit on youtube.

So far i'm eight dollars deep in feul and plaster and sand, and that include the fuckups. plus another 6 for the dice but meh, already had them.

EDIT: For referance, the rest of the dice are fucking easy as shit, D12 isn't super childlike easy, but I got it done in two or three goes, the D20 though has been my great nemesis for about 5 weeks. Though that's just little here little there. probably about 12 try's until I found where I've been going wrong this whole time
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #207536

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I have mixed feelings. I used to feel like this day would never come, but now that it's here, I feel sad and anxious and a little guilty.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #207541

EndgamerAzari wrote:Tomorrow is my last day at work. I have mixed feelings. I used to feel like this day would never come, but now that it's here, I feel sad and anxious and a little guilty.
u will be ok :)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #207641

someone please give an AI this, I want to see what happens
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI

Post by XSI » #207642

Cyborg ERP
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #207686

Remie Richards wrote:Was at the bus stop today.
Saw some graffiti.
"Fuck Moms"
"Moms"
"MOms"
... what has england become.

Obviously they are joining the right side of history, soon you'll also be on the right side of the road as well!
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #207890

Booked in with my GP for an appointment about Depression after my sister's friend (who does psychology) did a bit of ~analysing~ of me.
*sad pathetic yaaay*
私は完璧
XSI

Post by XSI » #207999

Nah, that's just human life

If you have an IQ above 100 you're like much more likely to get depressed, and it only grows from there on upward
But then those with the highest IQ tend to be better at hiding it too, so that's not helping

In short
If human and not stupid, you're likely to be fucked by depression unless you got a great life and manage to avoid a whole lot of risk factors
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #208006

I don't know my IQ.
I do think I'm sort of smart but not like, genuine genius smart.
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #208013

IQ is meaningless, anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: