Tabletop General

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Tabletop General

Post by Wyzack » #208639

Bottom post of the previous page:

I have always wanted to play a barely civilized lizardfolk ranger. Like he lived in a tribe in a horrible deadly jungle all his life and normal society is completely foreign to him
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #208644

I wonder if you could make a war pick out of an anchor.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #208646

Unless it is a tiny anchor you would probably need to be large sized
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #208649

wasn't there a guy in FF8 that used an anchor as his weapon and just threw it at people
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #208651

That is not nearly as retarded as ffx's "I fight using a soccer ball with a nail in it"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #208657

We all know what the best FF weapon was.

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #208659

Nail bat was actually pretty good as long as you were not using cloud as a mage. No materia slots (or was it no materia growth?) but really fucking high base damage. Unfortunately basically everyone uses cloud as a red mage so it is basically never used
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #208684

I thought that guy used a big sword
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #208723

Sorry I'm not able to play as planned Sunday, college wifi down. Will play next Friday, Cthulhufolk.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #208727

Shit happens, but alright then.

Regular time or early time like we first tried this week?
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #208890

Drynwyn wrote:Sorry I'm not able to play as planned Sunday, college wifi down. Will play next Friday, Cthulhufolk.
Would have to be early that day since I have to work. But hey 3 hours difference I should be fine.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #208997

Plan is 5 PM EST on Friday. That not work for anyone?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #209006

Drynwyn wrote:Plan is 5 PM EST on Friday. That not work for anyone?

I'd only be able to play for about two hours at that time.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #209731

Does anyone still do dungeons and dragons?

I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #209740

Yeah, i am in a DnD5e curse of Strahd hack campaign right now as NOT HIGHWAYMAN the reformed criminal. The game has been very deadly and incredibly fun so far, really captures the gothic horror feeling
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #210035

Someone needs to run a Shadowrun game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #210054

My leviathan Dreadnought came in today, so now my salamanders are going to get even scarier with this big fucker charging down my friend's space wolves and CSM
XSI

Post by XSI » #210074

An0n3 wrote:Someone needs to run a Shadowrun game.
I run TWO per week

Both full though, will post if spots open up
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #210373

Games jewshop decides to pull their IP rights from Fabtasy Flight Games, thus killing the entire line of warhammer role playing products.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #210570

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Games jewshop decides to pull their IP rights from Fabtasy Flight Games, thus killing the entire line of warhammer role playing products.
At GW lai... I mean, office:
Wait, there is a popular game about Warhammer that people like? And it doesn't involve our miniatures? Oh, what are you saying advisor, we haven't done anything really evil this season and people are forgetting how shit we are? Hmmm...

Also, anyone up for http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Da ... 0Final.pdf ?
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #210598

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #210600

What
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #210615

Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and all that stuff won't die anyway

They're in pdf form and all over the internet by now. It just means no new books.
Which I'm okay with, there's plenty in the ones out there for now
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #210616

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Those games are already more than functionally complete, and have tons of splats and extra content. I dont really see what else they could do with it besides bringing the older ones up to the new rule standards with a new edition, but that is pretty easy to hack together yourself
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #210635

Jazaen wrote:

Also, anyone up for http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Da ... 0Final.pdf ?
Playing god sounds fun, would be down.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #210670

Well, we already did most of the First Age, so you could join in into Second Age. Someone might post some stuff and pictures.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211157

Running Traveller Mongoose with my RL group, so far they are absolutely loving how crazy chargen is. I am also directly plagiarizing Anon3's campaign and setting it in the Trin's Veil subsector, starting on Trin. Luckily one of the group is as autismally interested in the trading system as I was so they will be slinging cargo and making mad bank in no time. I also have some ideas for more traditional RPG style plot hooks, namely being comissioned by one of the megacorps to take part in an Imperium sponsored exploration mission to a system that only recent was discovered to even exist. I am thinking of having Ancients fuckery have caused some kind of sensor obscuring effect that has only recently started to weaken, and maybe once they get there they will inadvertantly activate an army of ancient killbots or something that evolves into a sector wide threat.

Not gonna drop something like that until after they get a feel for the space ramblin lifestyle
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #211775

I have dumb ideas for characters, like a merman barbarian who lives on the land and has a trident and gets mad when people ask him why he doesn't live in the ocean and a dhampir hunter with a giant leech companion who crawls around in the mud and wants to eat bloods.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #212234

James workshop announces: genestealer codex. Wow, very cool. Sisters of battles still pooped on. At least dark eldars got a new codex within the decade. The new dark eldars codex was cool too, except for the illidan stormrage mandrakes.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212235

what the fucking shit. GW has reached a new level of jewry by selling full price army books that are just a fraction of the models already availible to existing teams. For example the Tempestus Scions (new IG stormtroopers) as their own army
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #212332

After due deliberation, I have decided to run a Shadowrun game. A third one as I already run two

This one will be casual, 3-4 players max. It will be mainly text based. Maps may show up occasionally, but they will not be common.
Players will be detectives in Seattle, 2073. Your task will be to find the criminals - Organised crime, serial killers, runners, and if you can catch them corporate and political too, as well as anyone who is considered worthy of your time. It will not be combat heavy, a fair bit slower than the usual, and with less power involved than with the usual runners. But what you lack in power, you'll gain in being official detectives on important cases.

It may serve as an introduction to Shadowrun, if you are new to the setting or system. So if you already do know these, please be patient enough to allow the players who do not to explore the world and how things work.

Any interest in this?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212333

I might join.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212342

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHH Cyberpunk noir detective is literally my fetish but i am in so many games someone help
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212375

Shadowrun is my favorite.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #212494

Then with interest shown I will begin prepwork on the first few cases. They'll be mainly sorta tutorial style, leading into actual cases
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212497

Okay what edition of Shadowrun are we talking and are there modifications to chargen?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #212551

Fourth. There will be modifications to chargen, but I'm still experimenting with that to see what makes for an appropriate level of power and skills

Keep in mind that while a shadowrunner is generally near high level military for their combat, you won't be. You're not the SWAT team going in to make the arrests. You're the guys getting the evidence and figuring out who to send the SWAT team after.
I might at some point let you go in among a SWAT team to support them, but in general you won't want to get into combat yourselves

And giving you the same amount of points as those runners would mean everyone starts with their investigating skills maxed out(Or a bunch of ex-military detectives), which would not be that great for gameplay, since everyone would be able to do the same
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212557

I ran a cop game once ages ago where I basically spent most of the character's points for them.

It was street resources, but I gave everyone a template of skills and attributes that they had to satisfy.

"You need to have at least 6 dice on athletics checks to represent the physical fitness requirement" for example would give people a choice between spending heavier on Str or Athletics (or the skill group), or if they had some cyberware bioware (highly unlikely given the resources) that would be okay too. Similar requirements for some combat skills (pistols then rifles or shotguns, unarmed or clubs) but also some social skills too. Can't be officer lunkhead who gets intimidated by the average street punk, can't give people tickets if you only communicate in grunts and gestures.

Just a thought if you're looking for a good way to handle that.

In the end it was a really good mix of officers. Some people went big on fighty stuff but still had to satisfy the minimum social skills and had their knowledge skills. Some people went harder on the smartguy charisma or intelligence stuff but couldn't start the game out as geniuses by dumping all their physical stuff, and could still contribute when they arrived on the scene at a shootout in a Stuffer Shack.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #212562

I would love to play in a Shadowrun game, but alas I am too busy.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
XSI

Post by XSI » #212563

That is a good way to do it. I was thinking I'd mostly tell people not to be idiots and trusting them not to make an obese troll who can't read or similar, but minimum requirements makes a lot of sense
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #212622

I don't like shadowrun.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212726

Never played 4th, but in 5th there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages that would not really apply if you are not a shadowrunner. For example having a SIN is a liability when you are a runner so you get a few points as recompense, but if you are officers of the law it kinda would not make any sense for you NOT to have one. System is probably rife with stuff like it, but i am not familar with 4th.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #212748

It is, there are a lot of those in fourth too, and part of what I'm doing is sifting through them for ones that I won't allow
XSI

Post by XSI » #212787

Here we go. For now, this is the list of the basics you'll need to know for chargen
I can supply pdfs of Shadowrun as needed.

Players will be detectives who are hired by Lone Star. Hiring is done both internally and external- You do not need history with Lone Star to qualify.

This list is subject to change if I decide it needs some more work or find I missed something
Spoiler:
400bp(Default)

Qualities:
You get free(No points):
SIN
40 hour day job

You are not allowed:
Code of conduct(Included in dayjob, if you dont do your job or break the law too much you get in trouble)
Deep Cover
Erased
Escaped Clone

Amnesia(Everything) - You are allowed Amnesia(past)
Borrowed Time
Computer Illiterate
Dementia
Distinctive Style(Allowed to take it, but you will not get points for it)
Illiterate
Infirm
Mentally Handicapped
Paraplegic
Quadriplegic
Signature
SIN(Criminal)
Vendetta
Wanted

Notably allowed:
Records on File - It will be organised crime that has your full biometric data on file instead of corporate. This may lead to seriously bad situations

Skills:
Minimum requirements:
Physical:
5 dice: You are not the cops on patrol, so you have a lower requirement for physical matters than the police themselves. But you do need to at least keep up with things.
Climbing
Gymnastics
Running
Tracking
Pistols

3 dice: Don't drown
Swimming

Mental
7 dice: If you don't have this, you won't be hired. Why are you even a detective?
Computers
Data search

5 dice Things the boss wants you to at least be able to attempt. More will be better, of course
Ettiquette (Read: kissing the boss' ass)
Leadership
Perception(For a mage, you may take assensing instead of the perception requirement)
Negotiation

Gear:
You will get a free work related permit for all work related gear that is not fully illegal. Within reason. Other permits are decided on a case by case basis.
You are encouraged have transportation of your own to go to work. Public transit is unreliable, and your job may take you to places with only a bare minimum of connections.
If you do not have a gun, the office will supply one(1) with basic ammo for when you are on duty. This will be a very basic weapon.
Must have a lifestyle of at least low or better (Not allowed to be homeless). You may have a customised lifestyle, but again, you may not be homeless.
Must have a commlink. Doesn't need to be fancy, but it helps.
Jazz and Long Haul will be provided free of charge within reason. (Combat drug and a drug that makes you not need sleep, respectively)
Revision 1: Negotiation down to 5 instead of 7
Dropped con and intimidation requirements
Chemistry is out, I had thought it would mean you'd understand what the lab tells you happened, but fuck it that's their problem now. Let them explain like you explain computers to grandma
Swimming reduced to 3, so you don't drown if things go wrong
Last edited by XSI on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212852

Been working through making my character. I think for the most part the required stuff is good, but i think overall it is just a bit much on the required skills. For example assuming you have all attributes at three (on average, some will be higher some may be lower) Taking the required skills is going to cost you 132 points, which is a pretty significant chunk of change. I just think that maybe gymnastics and swimming skill could be trimmed, and possibly chemistry. Chemsitry especially seems like a specialist skill rather than something every police detective is gonna be skilled in. However it is still certainly doable the way it is, and i may also be misunderstanding something about how character generation or gameplay works
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #212887

Revised it with some things I thought of, chemistry is indeed out

Please do keep in mind that 5 dice is generally considered below average for a professional. They aren't really very high requirements as I expect players to pick their own expertise and reason why they would be hired
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212888

Alright, i THINK my character is done. Kinda just in a fuck off list in a word document because that is how i was best able to keep track of it, but despite what i thought i was actually able to make him the way i liked while staying within the guidelines, they did not restrict me as much as i thought. Is there a fillable charactersheet somewhere that i can use?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #212913

Standard for Shadowrun is Chummer

http://www.chummergen.com/

It can print your sheet/save as html sheet, or you can send over a .chum file
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #213167

Do you prefer 4th over 5th?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #213175

Still doing CoC tomorrow, but pushing it back an hour and a half. Work for everyone?
XSI

Post by XSI » #213191

I indeed prefer 4th over 5th, mainly because I learned with 2nd and relearned with 3rd, then with 4th, and now I feel old as fuck so I'm sticking to this for now.

That, and it has all the splatbooks and content for it

-
CoC works for me, I think. I may get in some slight scheduling issues but it should work