IQ is meaningless, anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Malkevin » #208021

We know, we know.

We know you Germs aren't allowed to think some people are better than others, anymore.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #208087

It comes natural to Americans.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #208167

Ricotez wrote:It comes natural to Americans.
Well it was America that came up with the concept of eugenics and was the first country to start neutering retards
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #208233

more like nurturing am I RIGHT
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #208244

If you were American you would be.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #208249

Going to toronto for my Second weekend in a row, this time for fanexpo Canada. Really excited!
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #208275

Apparently South Park turns 20 some time soon.

When it first started airing I was the same age as the boys.
I now feel old again.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #208334

Tuesday better hurry the fuck up so I can get my happy pills.
私は完璧
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #208337

i'm sure the doctor told you this but
they won't affect much until like two weeks in, maybe a week since you're young
once shit hits you most likely won't feel much different, but people around you will definitely notice the change
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #208436

Remie Richards wrote:my happy pills.
I understand you're most likely saying that ironically, but don't do that.
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #208437

A3STH3T1CS wrote:
No, I legitimately have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday because somebody with a psychology background thinks I'm genuinely depressed.
That somebody's boss is also going to see me at some point too.
私は完璧
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #208438

when some people say they will pay u $500 per semester for a "scholarship award" and its been 2 weeks since uni started and you haven't even seen the check yet

nsos

Post by nsos » #208439

also taking suggestions for headphones under $50 neutral sound profile preferred
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #208458

I am kinda spooked of antidepressants after getting to know one dude, who got obesity and his attention span lowered to ,, I forget the previous text line in book before I get to the half of the next one" as ,,unpredicted minor side effects "
And in the end, he is still psychologically wrecked dude with insane mood swings from depression to mania state despite five years of curing his depression.
It is actually even became worse then in beginning, oh shit.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #208465

Yeah they supposedly have wild side effects.
major ones including:
* increased risk of diabetes
* suicidal thoughts

and yeah I've heard stories of people "not being themselves" after depression meds.
but I suppose that's also the entire point.
私は完璧
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #208467

i am for sure not the same person
i'm sure saying this is like Really Edgy but i do not remember what i was like before anti-depressants
all i know is that i am off them and i am pretty good to go
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #208479

not the same worse or not the same better?
私は完璧
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #208480

Something bad happened to my friend so I am upset about that.two other friends of mine have made it clear they don't want to be.my friend anymore because I am poor.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #208500

A side effect of some meds that are supposed to alleviate depression is deepening depression

That's just kinda how it is, we don't understand brains enough to make pills that fix the causes. We just have pills that help fight the symptoms. Which is in theory good enough if you can get them and also therapy to solve things. The cause of depression isn't really understood either, but this seems to work for at least a significant portion of people

At least humanity is trying
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #208513

not the same better
i am for sure better off now having Lived A Little

unrelated
Last edited by 420weedscopes on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #208514

I'ma spice this bitch up with something positive. Got some sweet Malware analysis materials coming to my house, about to be be able to some malware forensics shit on my resume.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #208515

Remie Richards wrote:
A3STH3T1CS wrote:
chology background thinks I'm genuinely depressed.
I don't care, don't call them happy pills.
Knocking down the propaganda that anti-depressants are anything close to "happy pills" is priority to reduce addiction numbers.
Also it should be considered last resort and not joked about unless you identify as some edgy teenager.
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #208525

did you take your joy
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #208656

Fanexpo was fucking awesome even though I was hungover for the morning. Saw a panel by John barrowman and another by Alan Tudyk. They were both really funny. Bought a shitload of new dice and got an old fucking Traveller rulebook for 30 bucks. Also my costume turned out great and I even met two other people cosplaying darkest dungeon characters.

And I realised how much I actually like gin. In all a pretty awesome weekend
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #208715

My Grandfather passed away at 7:50am today. He'd had a conversation with my mother about what he wanted to do in the garden (boss around my Dad) when he got home from rehab, then took a nap.

I'm going to miss him a lot. I was really proud of him and proud to be his grandson.

I can be a huge pain in the ass to deal with a lot of the time and go from zero to pissy over actual nothing but in some stupid way I'm proud of everybody here for this great big mess we've made together. Beyond the game and shit it's a nice collective of people. A good slice of autistic fuckwits trying to have fun together inbetween bouts of treating eachother like shit.

Be excellent to eachother.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #208724

Rest in peace an0n3s grandpa, "tg's official great-great granpappy"
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #208759

make sure you absorb his beard powers
rippers
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #208765

An0n3 wrote: Be excellent to eachother.
<3
私は完璧
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #208836

An0n3 wrote:My Grandfather passed away at 7:50am today. He'd had a conversation with my mother about what he wanted to do in the garden (boss around my Dad) when he got home from rehab, then took a nap.

I'm going to miss him a lot. I was really proud of him and proud to be his grandson.

I can be a huge pain in the ass to deal with a lot of the time and go from zero to pissy over actual nothing but in some stupid way I'm proud of everybody here for this great big mess we've made together. Beyond the game and shit it's a nice collective of people. A good slice of autistic fuckwits trying to have fun together inbetween bouts of treating eachother like shit.

Be excellent to eachother.
Just look after yourself ya hear? You spend a lot of your time looking after people and trying to do the right thing. But now its time to just be kind to yourself. You owe that to yourself.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #208943

There's going to be a Carlin special on the 16th

Apparently this was recorded on 9/10/2001, and he said something to the effect of "I like it when a lot of people die", and then a day later 9/11 goes down and they decided to shelve the recording

15 years later and we finally get to see it

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/arts/ ... p=cur&_r=0
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #208944

I bought some of his books. It was fun to read.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #209143

GP isn't sure if it's depression or not, but she made it clear she wasn't saying it definitely wasn't.
She's worried it may cause issues with my other medication (You know), so she's advised asking my doctors at Nottingham if it's ok to take them together or not.
She says if things get worse before Nottingham (3 months time) or if they say it's ok that she can help me try some antidepressants really soon after, so that's nice.

tl;dr unsure, but GP's ready to act as a safety net.
私は完璧
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #209146

i've seen it kind of uncommonly for your current medication to cause depression but
i am sure your willpower will barge through it

i've had something on my to-do list for almost a year now and today i get to erase it
playtime video up today
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #209152

420weedscopes wrote:i've seen it kind of uncommonly for your current medication to cause depression but
i am sure your willpower will barge through it
Oh no choco, not caused by them, but that having both at the same time could cause extra weirdness (antidepressants already have enough side effects, let alone them acting weird in combination)
私は完璧
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #209154

oh okay I Understand Better Now
unrelated TheWiznard has blessed me with more fanart
this is going right up on my signature mister
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #209166

Remie any time you want to vent your frutrations on alium scum let me know.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #209171

An0n3 wrote:Remie any time you want to vent your frutrations on alium scum let me know.
I'll be sure to hit you up buddy :3
私は完璧
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #209175

[youtube]F4nrv_mQV7A[/youtube]
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #209193

Remie Richards wrote:GP isn't sure if it's depression or not, but she made it clear she wasn't saying it definitely wasn't.
She's worried it may cause issues with my other medication (You know), so she's advised asking my doctors at Nottingham if it's ok to take them together or not.
She says if things get worse before Nottingham (3 months time) or if they say it's ok that she can help me try some antidepressants really soon after, so that's nice.

You go with psychological problems to general practioner? :?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #209199

qwert wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:GP isn't sure if it's depression or not, but she made it clear she wasn't saying it definitely wasn't.

You go with psychological problems to general practioner? :?
Where else? plus most other places require referrals from... well, take a wild guess.
Plus as I said above, my GP *CAN* actually get me the medication for it, if necessary, so it's not like it's the "wrong" place to go.
私は完璧
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #209218

Generally, as far as I am aware, you go to the GP for anything that doesn't qualify for the emergency room at the hospital. Then the GP sends you on to whichever specialist can handle in depth diagnosis and/or treatment

Might be different in the US, but this is what I know of medical systems and it seems to be working fairly well
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #209250

I saw a few psychiatrists when I was younger but eventually my care plan was just medication that would need adjusting over time prettymuch at my own discretion with a check-in from my GP.
I'd simply tell them whether or not I needed it for the time being, and if it was strong enough to handle the problem, and they'd give me the script.

It may seem kinda lax for a drug that can so drastically change a person but the truth is it's not something you would ever, ever want to abuse in the first place.
Prozac, zoloft, other SSRI's, shit like that helps a person who genuinely needs it and FUCKING COMPLETELY RUINS THE CHEMICAL MAKEUP of someone who doesn't need it.

Nobody is going to be buying/selling that shit on the street corner or taking it for fun. The people who need it really need it and the people who don't should stay the fuck away from it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #209267

i was out skating in between classes and i texted my friend about getting lunch and all the people in the group chat was like "no we got lunch and we saw this guy" and im like "who" and apparently one of my friends accidentally made eye contact with some dude walking and he just sat down and started yelling about like buses or something

and like

he kept playing music from his phone and he was playing nightcore and the fucking crazy frog song
nsos

Post by nsos » #209268

i need to see that guy
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #209278

Awesome Nsos, guess we know theterbs is still alive.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #209362

I found it funny the frog had a dick on full view for a couple of years before anyone noticed, then they put a massive borat censor bar on it
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #210019

my brother and a bunch of his friends did warhammer shit when i was younger
the only information i gleaned from that was that paint was for sure the most expensive thing
£5-10 for a tiny jar of the stuff
like it was Good Paint but still
nsos

Post by nsos » #210046

nsos wrote:i need to see that guy

UPDATE: SAW HIM

thankfully our table was full
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #210122

Paint must be horrifically costly if it's the most expensive part, after what I've heard about the prices for models
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #210206

does anyone have the video of spongebob and squidward bouncing up and down to deathgrips