General SS13 Chat
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by PKPenguin321 » #204018

Bottom post of the previous page:

AnonymousNow wrote:What exactly does the Wish Granter do? I got to one after about two hours of effort the other day - it said it was listening, I told it my wish, and nothing happened.
when you say "told it your wish" do you mean you spoke a wish aloud or did you click on it again and pick a wish
also if you pick world peace it kills all the faithless (which is pretty much pointless since they're usually all dead by the time you reach the granter), pick immortality that shit's busted
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #204021

PKPenguin321 wrote: when you say "told it your wish" do you mean you spoke a wish aloud or did you click on it again and pick a wish
I spoke it. I also clicked on it again, but it said it was inactive. Was another option supposed to appear if you clicked it again immediately after the listening message? Because, well, it didn't.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #204031

Yeah something musta fucked up
Spoiler:
D4C
Byond Username: D4C
Github Username: DfourC

Post by D4C » #207341

I've noticed "organs" in the game for arms with laser guns/toolkits in them, how does one get these augmentations legitimately in-game?
Ready to succeed at some traitorous objectives for a sensible amount of telecrystals.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #207391

D4C wrote:I've noticed "organs" in the game for arms with laser guns/toolkits in them, how does one get these augmentations legitimately in-game?
You can't legitimately get the laser/taser cannon arms, but this will tell you everything you need to know about how to get a toolkit arm:

Code: Select all

/datum/design/cyberimp_toolset
	name = "Toolset Arm implant"
	desc = "A stripped-down version of engineering cyborg toolset, designed to be installed on subject's arm."
	id = "ci-toolset"
	req_tech = list("materials" = 3, "engineering" = 4, "biotech" = 4, "powerstorage" = 4)
	build_type = PROTOLATHE | MECHFAB
	materials = list (MAT_METAL = 2500, MAT_GLASS = 1500, MAT_SILVER = 1500)
	construction_time = 200
	build_path = /obj/item/organ/cyberimp/arm/toolset
	category = list("Misc", "Medical Designs")
私は完璧
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #207785

How do you make the meteor shield satellites work?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #207792

Do you mean the anti-breach shields? They need to be turned on manually by hand, they don't need a power source and will cover any space tile in a, I think 8 by 8 tile diameter, with a breach shield.
They're meant to close up breaches but they make great anti-meteor defences.
Reece

Post by Reece » #207794

No, the station objective, you get three shield satellites (actually PD satellites but who's for consitensy) and a control board that you need to 'deploy' to get the goal, Problem is nothing fucking makes them turn on no matter where you put the bloody things.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #209182

I was told combustible lemons work like hand grenades, but they expode instantly in my hands. Wat do?
Bring back papercult.

Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #209204

InsaneHyena wrote:I was told combustible lemons work like hand grenades, but they expode instantly in my hands. Wat do?
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/20132
They were meant to be like IEDs apperantly.
For now you could probably just set them on fire, they'll explode after a few seconds.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #209486

How come some people say spessmen can live without a heart, but when i did abductor shit, taking out the heart killed them

I THOUGHT A MAN WAS A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS, NOT A PILE OF GUTS.-Draculayylmao
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #209530

Reyn wrote:How come some people say spessmen can live without a heart, but when i did abductor shit, taking out the heart killed them

I THOUGHT A MAN WAS A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS, NOT A PILE OF GUTS.-Draculayylmao

You used to be able to remove a heart then defib the person and they would live, but it was fixed a month or so ago.

Also, you're supposed to replace their hearts as abductors, not just take them out.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #209532

How do I deconstruct a vending machine? Wiki's outdated and the method shown there doesn't work.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #209533

Uh, i think screwdriver wrench knocks it back to a machine frame and spits out the stocker units, then i think you just need to screwdriver out the board, cut out the wires and wrench to make the frame into metal
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Raphaella
Byond Username: Emilc4h

Post by Raphaella » #209536

BeeSting12 wrote:How do I deconstruct a vending machine? Wiki's outdated and the method shown there doesn't work.
I just tested the method on the wiki and it worked fine! Screwdriver, then crowbar to remove the circuit board+stocking units, wirecutter to remove the wires, and wrench to unwrench the machine frame.

Make sure you're using the wiki at https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Main_Page instead of the other one! That's more up to date.
If only you knew how bad things really are.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #209566

Some vendors can't be deconned, like the kitchen one
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #209578

TribeOfBeavers wrote:
Reyn wrote:How come some people say spessmen can live without a heart, but when i did abductor shit, taking out the heart killed them

You used to be able to remove a heart then defib the person and they would live, but it was fixed a month or so ago.

Also, you're supposed to replace their hearts as abductors, not just take them out.
Removing a spessman's heart should cause rapid oxyloss over time, instead of killing them outright, if it does that.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #209585

AnonymousNow wrote:
TribeOfBeavers wrote:

Removing a spessman's heart should cause rapid oxyloss over time, instead of killing them outright, if it does that.
It does, it causes a "heart attack" which does oxy damage. The only organ that outright kills you when its removed is the brain.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #209588

iirc if you tear out a heart via organ manipulation the patient just dies, but last time i tried that was a while ago so it may have changed
Spoiler:
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #209590

PKPenguin321 wrote:iirc if you tear out a heart via organ manipulation the patient just dies, but last time i tried that was a while ago so it may have changed
It definitely doesnt now, you die pretty fast from the ox loss though. I've removed hearts from monkey people to replace abductor organs pretty recently, the heart actually keeps beating for a few seconds after you pull it out.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #209593

TribeOfBeavers wrote:

Tried that, didnt work. Most of the time we just crammed shit in there
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #209752

Can you make a room on lavaland (lets say a 3x3 of dug out rock with a 1 door wide entrance) just out of a sandstone door as long as it walled in by rock-face via the 'create a room' button or does it have to be specifically built/prerequisite.

And do statues count as wall barriers to newly designated rooms to complete them?

Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #209763

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Can you make a room on lavaland (lets say a 3x3 of dug out rock with a 1 door wide entrance) just out of a sandstone door as long as it walled in by rock-face via the 'create a room' button or does it have to be specifically built/prerequisite.

And do statues count as wall barriers to newly designated rooms to complete them?
it only counts windows/doors and walls.
and there cannot be any space (read: spess as in spessmens) in the "room".
the room must also be smaller than 300 turfs total, so 17x17 or smaller (18x17 is invalid)
私は完璧
Reece

Post by Reece » #209791

Can you turn a brain into a phylactry? If so will it then work in an MMI.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #209793

Reece wrote:Can you turn a brain into a phylactry? If so will it then work in an MMI.
As i'm pretty sure the brain is the only thing you DON'T lose when you become a lich, probably not

EDIT: PROBABLY FIXED THOSE SPELLING ERRORS
Last edited by Reyn on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #209795

Reyn wrote: loose
litch
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #209839

Remie Richards wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Can you make a room on lavaland (lets say a 3x3 of dug out rock with a 1 door wide entrance) just out of a sandstone door as long as it walled in by rock-face via the 'create a room' button or does it have to be specifically built/prerequisite.

it only counts windows/doors and walls.
and there cannot be any space (read: spess as in spessmens) in the "room".
the room must also be smaller than 300 turfs total, so 17x17 or smaller (18x17 is invalid)
So i can build ashwalker and ash proof personal tribal huts in little caves blocked off with sandstone doors? neat.

Also = Miner just digs sand, collects sand and builds a rock hut instead of using a pod despite no air & pressure.

I assume the thing i just got excited about can't be done and requires real flooring (which would really only require a lever to steal from a ruin then replace the basalt to create pseudo plating)

Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #209866

Reyn wrote:
Reece wrote:Can you turn a brain into a phylactry? If so will it then work in an MMI.
As i'm pretty sure the brain is the only thing you DON'T lose when you become a lich, probably not

EDIT: PROBABLY FIXED THOSE SPELLING ERRORS
I meant someone else's brain, so say if I wanted to meme around as a D&D nerd wizard I could steal the caps brain, turn it into a phylactery and have it still function inside the MMI?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #209873

Now thaaaaat's a tough question and probably worth testing

if the object is turned into a different object at any point (like putting the brain in the mmi, or putting the mmi into the borg) then I dunno if the old object is deleted in the process, but if the brain is just stuffed into the borg's contents somewhere it'll probably work

hard to pull off but would make you pretty damn hard to kill if you just ordered the borg to run around jumping between the solars or something
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #209875

[quote="FantasticFwoosh"
So i can build ashwalker and ash proof personal tribal huts in little caves blocked off with sandstone doors? neat.

Also = Miner just digs sand, collects sand and builds a rock hut instead of using a pod despite no air & pressure.

I assume the thing i just got excited about can't be done and requires real flooring (which would really only require a lever to steal from a ruin then replace the basalt to create pseudo plating)[/quote]
I'm almost certain that clarification is needed. Just putting up walls or airlocks does not make it instantly roofed. Make is specific- you needa landclaim/blueprints to make a room a thing. Also, almost as certain but this may have been changed: stone doors do not count as a seal, only airlocks door. Not to mention the fact stone doors are not atmos-sealed.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #209903

Before I start trying to brainstorm suggestions: Is there currently any way for plants to generate oxygen? (my own testing with grass, gaia, etc. makes me think no.)
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #209970

Gamarr wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote: So i can build ashwalker and ash proof personal tribal huts in little caves blocked off with sandstone doors? neat.

I assume the thing i just got excited about can't be done and requires real flooring (which would really only require a lever to steal from a ruin then replace the basalt to create pseudo plating)
I'm almost certain that clarification is needed. Just putting up walls or airlocks does not make it instantly roofed. Make is specific- you needa landclaim/blueprints to make a room a thing. Also, almost as certain but this may have been changed: stone doors do not count as a seal, only airlocks door. Not to mention the fact stone doors are not atmos-sealed.
Are you sure about that? I have distinct recollections that those doors do hold atmos but due to their clunky nature its just too slow to open and close to keep atmos in before the relevant ticks spill anything significiant. It doesn't require to be a room to have a name its just a nameless crevice and hut to hide in/reside in away from the ash or to store personal belongings and expand the ashwalker compound into a little group of away bases.

Im just talking about the quick preliminary verb (create a room)

Ill try a couple of different things. With a crowbar/lever basalt on lavaland can be replaced entirely to create pseudo roofing/flooring out of floor tiles and summary plating/wood floors and a screwdriver, its literally just a hut dug into a rock cave that should god-willing keep the ash out as per being 'seperate' of lavaland if the natural stone walls don't interfere as non valid wall materials. raw basalt floor and rock walls when enclosed and sealed up with a door initially doesn't work i can confirm.

EDIT - Replaced all the floors with floor tile/plating with welded sheet metal and rock walls dont count. Ill try praying for ashwalker blueprint map or something.

Spoiler:
yodaman888
Byond Username: Yodaman888

Post by yodaman888 » #210493

So being a super stealth traitor janitor I managed to get ahold of a virus crate I then poured a bit of each of the bad virus's into a bucket and splashed it on people but it didnt seem to work.

what was I doing wrong?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #210559

yodaman888 wrote:So being a super stealth traitor janitor I managed to get ahold of a virus crate I then poured a bit of each of the bad virus's into a bucket and splashed it on people but it didnt seem to work.

what was I doing wrong?
If you were using the culture bottle directly you likely diluted it too much, throwing too little actual virus to take effect with the larger quantity of water being scooped up

10 to 90 virus to water wont work. You were better off emptying the water all-together and just straight (also know that some viruses travel in different ways, without a symptom they usually travel directly between blood transfusions/syringes.) up putting it in drinks or using a spray-bottle/smoke bomb since soaking isnt very effective.

Spoiler:
DrWoofington
Byond Username: Evsey9

Post by DrWoofington » #210572

Here's a simple question:
Who hacked lzimann?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #210612

who the fuck made it impossible to use signallers with your c4
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #210639

The unloved rock wrote:who the fuck made it impossible to use signallers with your c4

They use assemblies because they're technically grenades now, however they can't be signaled after they are planted anymore due to an oversight when they were repathed. The fully functional c4 is a shorter path and still exists on the nuke ops shuttle.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #210683

ah shit is there any way to put a signaller on them at all
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #211130

Are teleporters bugged out? When trying to build one in the free golem ship, 90% of the time it will just say hub not linked or the power station not working at all.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #211250

iirc you have to screwdriver open the monolith-looking middle part (i think its the hub) and use wirecutters on it to link it to nearby consoles. or maybe a multitool idk. it's really unintuitive
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #211263

It's wirecutters. Build it so the console is adjacent to the station (the big monolith-looking one), and the station is adjacent to the hub (the one you walk through). Then screwdriver open the station, wirecut it to link it, and screw it closed. Don't forget to calibrate the teleporter if the hub (the one you walk through) hasn't been upgraded, or you might turn into a flyperson and/or take damage.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #211310

Is there a way for a ghost to not see deadchat? better yet, to only see (hear) what someone they're orbiting sees?
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #211418

Dagdammit wrote:Is there a way for a ghost to not see deadchat? better yet, to only see (hear) what someone they're orbiting sees?
Check the ooc and ghost tabs, there are a bunch of options to mute or unmute various thing as a ghost.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #216409

i forget, how do you give someone a swirly? is it aggressive grab + face target + click toilet while they're close to it?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #216427

Before the grab refactor it used to be:- Choke hold + use hold on open-lid toilet + repeat ad nauseum until nauseum
I think I nearly swirlied one guy to death.
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #216481

How do the Servant of Ratvar's cache-to-wall generation work. Can I honeycomb a single clock-wall and all the caches generate parts, or does it need to be one-for-one

Where X=Clockwork Wall and C=Cache
Will
C
XC
C
Have 3 caches generating parts
or

XC
XC
XC
Have to be used for generating parts?
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #217776

How do I put stuff in my fedora?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #217777

killerx09 wrote:How do I put stuff in my fedora?
Click on the fedora while wearing it and it should open up one backpack slot, take an item in your hand and put it in. Alternatively, clicking and dragging it to your sprite while in hand should open it up too.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #217779

Unless it has recently changed you can't put stuff in the regular fedora, just the brown detective one. #endnoirdiscrimination
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
bubbaray9000
Byond Username: Bubbaray9000

Post by bubbaray9000 » #218030

can you refill vapes?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #218038

bubbaray9000 wrote:can you refill vapes?
You can add reagents to a vape by filling it from a beaker or reagent container.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?