Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by Armhulen » #195256

Bottom post of the previous page:

Wyzack wrote:Fucking tablecrafting kitchen menu is still fucking garbage and still lags the shit out of my client every time and occasionally crashes it. Why is this still a thing?
it's horrible, PLEASE bring back the old one
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #195372

Anonmare wrote:Normally the round should end on the Blob's destruction, the AI quarantine timer is simply a means of forcing the round to not drag on I believe and provide the rest of the crew the nuke code if both comms consoles got destroyed.
Drag on?
Drag on.
45 minutes is dragging on now. I don't think these are the servers I fell in love with anymore.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #195437

It's a drag if it's a Blob round fam. It's like if OPs took an hour to blow the nuke.

Though the Qurantine law really shouldn't be uploading to the AI if the blob is dead. After all, you can still leave via the shuttle so evidently the quarantine is lifted. Maybe someone can take a look at that? Maybe have it check to see if there's a living Blob overmind on the z-level first before calling the Qurantine law.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #195441

And if there isn't one and they've not called the shuttle, call mulligan 'cause the station's clearly sorta-intact enough to give the crew a nudge-on :v
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #196351

Screemonster wrote:And if there isn't one and they've not called the shuttle, call mulligan 'cause the station's clearly sorta-intact enough to give the crew a nudge-on :v
Fuckin' this.

Anyway, seperate issues - two goliaths shouldn't be able to chainstun. They shouldn't be able to prep a stun whilst the target is already stunned. It's pretty poor.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #198267

AnonymousNow wrote:
Screemonster wrote:And if there isn't one and they've not called the shuttle, call mulligan 'cause the station's clearly sorta-intact enough to give the crew a nudge-on :v
Fuckin' this.

Anyway, seperate issues - two goliaths shouldn't be able to chainstun. They shouldn't be able to prep a stun whilst the target is already stunned. It's pretty poor.
Shouldnt get stunned first place
The future is horrible!
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #199473

Wouldn't it make more sense for the starting AI and Cyborg in a round to have positronic brains than organic ones?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #199537

It seems like disablers are really, really weak now. As in, I'll unload an entire egun of disabler beams into someone (and hit), move to cuff them, and then they stand up and run off before I've finished. What happened?
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #201931

remove the space hotel, it's just a useless "ruin" that nobody uses i don't think ive seen more than 1 person use the sleepers there to rp a hotel
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #201986

Maybe on Sybil.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #201996

DemonFiren is right. People should list the server they play on before they post feedback.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #204318

I've been messing around with the Syndicate Revelation virus and it seems that obfuscating it's name doesn't seem to do anything on the P2P transfer. Kind of hard to get people to download it if it's obviously a virus.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #206439

Take basil off the hub. It's horrible.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #206440

Rad storm is fucking stupid strong, I died in a sec hardsuit four seconds after it started, and only had about two seconds of warning.

shit was crazy.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #206470

I haven't seen the new Darude - Radstorm yet, is it really that powerful or were you just really unlucky?
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #206475

If its the same storm im thinking of, it doesnt kill you right away, but if you get caught in it you're pretty much guarenteed to get every genetic defect. You get knocked out pretty fast and just kinda lie there while you mutate.
Reece

Post by Reece » #206487

TribeOfBeavers wrote:If its the same storm im thinking of, it doesnt kill you right away, but if you get caught in it you're pretty much guarenteed to get every genetic defect. You get knocked out pretty fast and just kinda lie there while you mutate.
Mutadone pills are something to make a priority then as a chemist.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #206493

Reece wrote:
TribeOfBeavers wrote:If its the same storm im thinking of, it doesnt kill you right away, but if you get caught in it you're pretty much guarenteed to get every genetic defect. You get knocked out pretty fast and just kinda lie there while you mutate.
Mutadone pills are something to make a priority then as a chemist.
Funnily enough the chemists that round didnt make any mutadone. The radio was filled with tourettes shouting and there were people having seizures all over the place.

Also, somehow the storm ended up with some people being stunned as hulks, and admins had to help them get back up.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #207169

One of the possible monkey names should be harambe
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #207550

both servers are on the hub and it fucking sucks
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #207560

that isn't code feedback
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #209809

Reece wrote:Take basil off the hub. It's horrible.
AM I THE ONLY BASIL PLAYER WHO ACTUALLY ENJOYS HAVING A HIGH ENOUGH POP TO PLAY ANTAGS OTHER THAN SYNDIE AND LING?
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Reece

Post by Reece » #209876

Reyn wrote:
AM I THE ONLY BASIL PLAYER WHO ACTUALLY ENJOYS HAVING A HIGH ENOUGH POP TO PLAY ANTAGS OTHER THAN SYNDIE AND LING?
No, there's shit loads of them now, but they don't talk, can barely play and seem very insistent on making me beat them to death as security with their psychotic antics.
High pop is pretty fun and not an issue, a flood of violent, anti-social toddlers who worldlessly destroy shit and ruin every single round is bad.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #209939

If I ever Warden while you're on, ask me for lasers.
This sounds like it could benefit from a lightshow.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #213224

Reece wrote:
Reyn wrote:
No, there's shit loads of them now, but they don't talk, can barely play and seem very insistent on making me beat them to death as security with their psychotic antics.
High pop is pretty fun and not an issue, a flood of violent, anti-social toddlers who worldlessly destroy shit and ruin every single round is bad.
They didnt figure how say works yet
The future is horrible!
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #217841

The item/equipment damaging thing really sucks when you get set on fire for half a second and your backpack/jumpsuit burns and you lose everything inside or on them.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #217887

Yeah I don't really care for equipment damaging at all. It is very annoying and adds nothing
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #217893

Backpacks and belts at the very least should be fireproof.
I mean, belts are fucking leather, for fuck's sake.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #218158

Remodel or remove that awful cult ruin in lavaland. It exists purely as a noobtrap with pretend loot that acts as a lure but cant actually be used. Especially shit now that item damage exists now, and miners will instantly lose literally all of their equipment to fire the moment they have to take the mandatory 2 steps in lava to escape it.

Suggestion: actually turn it into a puzzle rather than "you just activated my trap card eat shit kiddo :^))))".
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #218194

Kel wrote:Remodel or remove that awful cult ruin in lavaland. It exists purely as a noobtrap with pretend loot that acts as a lure but cant actually be used. Especially shit now that item damage exists now, and miners will instantly lose literally all of their equipment to fire the moment they have to take the mandatory 2 steps in lava to escape it.

Suggestion: actually turn it into a puzzle rather than "you just activated my trap card eat shit kiddo :^))))".
Or git fucking gud kid :^)
the real Kel thuzzad was a robust motherfucker. Look at old naxxaramus

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #218313

Alipheese wrote:
Kel wrote:Remodel or remove that awful cult ruin in lavaland. It exists purely as a noobtrap with pretend loot that acts as a lure but cant actually be used. Especially shit now that item damage exists now, and miners will instantly lose literally all of their equipment to fire the moment they have to take the mandatory 2 steps in lava to escape it.

I fell for the cult ruin exactly once at the start of summer. Along with every single other person who has ever played lavaland. It exists purely as a trap for new people to lavaland, and at this point is just a waste of a ruin gen. The least it could do is actually serve a function other than fuck over the newest of the new. Once.
It's not even designed in a way that would indicate it's a trap. Blood cult has never had any sort of rune that pushes people around, and to top it off, the trigger is some DRIED BLOOD ON THE FLOOR. Nothing about it screams point of no return or tripwire.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219283

conversion to cult/gang/rev/etc should make the clown lose his clumsyness
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #219293

Kel wrote:
Alipheese wrote:

I fell for the cult ruin exactly once at the start of summer. Along with every single other person who has ever played lavaland. It exists purely as a trap for new people to lavaland, and at this point is just a waste of a ruin gen. The least it could do is actually serve a function other than fuck over the newest of the new. Once.
It's not even designed in a way that would indicate it's a trap. Blood cult has never had any sort of rune that pushes people around, and to top it off, the trigger is some DRIED BLOOD ON THE FLOOR. Nothing about it screams point of no return or tripwire.
Even worse now since a dip in lava is gg no re
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #219302

I'll merge a removal of the cult ruin if someone makes a PR for it.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #219321

the cult ruin is like a fly trap, enticing foolish travelers into its grasp with the promise of 'phat loot', only to be snared and be taken as another sacrifice for the demon-god.

best meme ruin I've ever mapped.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #223015

All traps should have a little hint that "Hey, this MIGHT be a bad idea" like Pride's Mirror having the little "Pride Cometh Before...." examine text.

Also, if you are going to have the Cult Ruin be a trap, you need to make the reward for getting OUT of said trap something worth while.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #223041

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:All traps should have a little hint that "Hey, this MIGHT be a bad idea" like Pride's Mirror having the little "Pride Cometh Before...." examine text.
It's already named after a sin in a land full of demons and corruption; the tentacle monsters, floating eyes and infested corpses are plenty enough warning.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #223484

Iatots wrote:
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:All traps should have a little hint that "Hey, this MIGHT be a bad idea" like Pride's Mirror having the little "Pride Cometh Before...." examine text.
It's already named after a sin in a land full of demons and corruption; the tentacle monsters, floating eyes and infested corpses are plenty enough warning.
The entire point of lavaland is that there's treasures and shit worth diving into the hellscape. Being a hellscape is not enough of a warning that something is a trap.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #223490

MisterPerson wrote:
Iatots wrote:
The entire point of lavaland is that there's treasures and shit worth diving into the hellscape. Being a hellscape is not enough of a warning that something is a trap.
"how was I suppose to know that the glowing blood altar surrounded by the bones and blood of past victims in the middle of a raging hellscape was something I shouldn't disturb?"
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #223512

had a round the other day where an activated/anchored nuke was destroyed by teslium. is this a bug? i thought the nuke was supposed to be indestructible.
phil235
Byond Username: Phil235

Post by phil235 » #223524

Deitus wrote:had a round the other day where an activated/anchored nuke was destroyed by teslium. is this a bug? i thought the nuke was supposed to be indestructible.
Bug. Create an issue on github about it.
I'm a tgstation coding maintainer janitor
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #223681

phil235 wrote:
Deitus wrote:had a round the other day where an activated/anchored nuke was destroyed by teslium. is this a bug? i thought the nuke was supposed to be indestructible.
im pretty sure i'm banned from github and singulio even though i've never been there, someone else do it
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #224092

also just had a round where tesla electric shocks (not the ball itself) destroyed tesla. dunno if bug.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #224603

Deitus wrote:
phil235 wrote:
im pretty sure i'm banned from github and singulio even though i've never been there, someone else do it
how did they know
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #224874

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have xenobio make statues and be able to sentience them?

I mean it'd definitely not overpowered at all to have an invicible fast murderthing running around killing everyone is it
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #228189

the sniper bundle comes with way too little ammo, I mean then again if It had too much penetrator ammo thatd be fuckin gay, but it could at least use some more regular bullets.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #228409

The Jump Boots from the mining vendor DO NOT safely let you jump over various floor based hazards.

Over numerous rounds, I have tested it, with lavatiles, chasm tiles, bars of soap, bananas peels, and bear traps. All of them are triggered by jump booting over them. I was told by coderbus that they are supposed to let you avoid tile hazards, and that simply is not the case. They would see a great deal more use by miners if they actually did what they are supposed to do.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #228423

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:The Jump Boots from the mining vendor DO NOT safely let you jump over various floor based hazards.

Over numerous rounds, I have tested it, with lavatiles, chasm tiles, bars of soap, bananas peels, and bear traps. All of them are triggered by jump booting over them. I was told by coderbus that they are supposed to let you avoid tile hazards, and that simply is not the case. They would see a great deal more use by miners if they actually did what they are supposed to do.
They also have a broken sprite (it's invisible and shows bare feet)

And you cannot put your survival knife in it
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #229378

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:The Jump Boots from the mining vendor DO NOT safely let you jump over various floor based hazards.

Jump boots just throw your character, so anything that checks for throwing when crossed makes you safe. They originally had a lava-proofing upgrade via vendor that let you cross lava but my method was too snowflake-y (even though jaunters did the same for chasms), and my only other choice was to make all things thrown lava-safe. I did not want to force such a huge balance change into a simple content PR, so I scraped it.

Also I couldn't reproduce the issue with chasms, they worked just fine on the latest branch.
Fatal wrote: They also have a broken sprite (it's invisible and shows bare feet)

And you cannot put your survival knife in it
Broken sprite and added shoe pocket addressed here.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #229402

MMMiracles wrote: Over numerous rounds, I have tested it, with lavatiles, chasm tiles, bars of soap, bananas peels, and bear traps. All of them are triggered by jump booting over them. I was told by coderbus that they are supposed to let you avoid tile hazards, and that simply is not the case. They would see a great deal more use by miners if they actually did what they are supposed to do.
Jump boots just throw your character, so anything that checks for throwing when crossed makes you safe. They originally had a lava-proofing upgrade via vendor that let you cross lava but my method was too snowflake-y (even though jaunters did the same for chasms), and my only other choice was to make all things thrown lava-safe. I did not want to force such a huge balance change into a simple content PR, so I scraped it.

Also I couldn't reproduce the issue with chasms, they worked just fine on the latest branch.
[/quote]

I don't see why having something that is thrown over the lava not start to combust be... snowflakey. Seriously, you are being thrown OVER the lava. Yeah, if you try to jump too far a gap you are going to be fucked, but seriously, I don't see why throw items should get damage, since they are not actually touching the flesh melting lava at any point during the trip. Only "balance issue" I see with that is miners throwing one another over the lava to quickly let one of them bypass it. That'd be really useful. And it could also royally fuck over a miner, because suddenly they are seperated from their squad by a river of lava that they others need to find a way to ford across.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #229406

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote: I don't see why having something that is thrown over the lava not start to combust be... snowflakey. Seriously, you are being thrown OVER the lava. Yeah, if you try to jump too far a gap you are going to be fucked, but seriously, I don't see why throw items should get damage, since they are not actually touching the flesh melting lava at any point during the trip. Only "balance issue" I see with that is miners throwing one another over the lava to quickly let one of them bypass it. That'd be really useful. And it could also royally fuck over a miner, because suddenly they are seperated from their squad by a river of lava that they others need to find a way to ford across.
It was snowflake-y because the check involved looking for a specific set of circumstances every time a carbon mob entered a lava turf. The only other option I could think of at the time was making thrown items immune, similar to chasms already. That would of just opened up a whole other section of balance complaints and would of required reworks of structure set ups (i.e the lava gulag, as the sole purpose of the giant pre-set lava river is to prevent escape).

I didn't feel like dealing with either issue, so.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.