Sandals need to not be required for wizards

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Sandals need to not be required for wizards

Post by PKPenguin321 » #221290

Sandals, unlike the hat or robes, are worn on the feet, meaning if a leg is knocked off (which can happen in one hit) the wizard is cucked.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Sandals need to not be required for wizards

Post by Anonmare » #221292

This suggestion doesn't have a leg to stand on
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221308

Christ, Anon.
Don't post two hours before I even get outta bed.

Guess I'm no longer the pun master.
A discussion on wizard legs has left me de-feeted.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #221354

Played wiz last night. Tesla got out and smashed everything real good, including the gravgen. I tried to put on some magboots to not be crippled and found myself fucked.

Coders fix this shit.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #221363

Git gud
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #221389

ShadowDimentio wrote:Played wiz last night. Tesla got out and smashed everything real good, including the gravgen. I tried to put on some magboots to not be crippled and found myself fucked.

Coders fix this shit.
There's nothing to fix. There was never an issue in the first place.

Now then, me being a smartass aside, I pretty much agree with this being removed. I doubt that people had dismemberment in mind when they made this gamemode, and it isn't as easy as goon where you can literally just slap your leg back on.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #221397

clown shoe wizards will be the new meta
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #221401

Ideally you'd need to lose both legs to lose your shoes(and the same for arms/gloves) instead of losing them the second one limb gets cut off.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #221511

Even then, i'd love to see a wheelchair wizard throw spells around.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #221562

Anonus wrote:Ideally you'd need to lose both legs to lose your shoes(and the same for arms/gloves) instead of losing them the second one limb gets cut off.
This sounds like how it should work.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #226642

This sounds like it was originally intended as one of those "make the wizard wear the sandals so they can't swipe some magboots, blow up the gravgen and murderbone to their hearts content every single round" things. (or the janitor's galoshes if they wanna use slip memes, or whatever)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #226722

The sandal requirement predates grav gen by several years
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #226782

Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #226939

Xhuis wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Played wiz last night. Tesla got out and smashed everything real good, including the gravgen. I tried to put on some magboots to not be crippled and found myself fucked.

Coders fix this shit.
There's nothing to fix. There was never an issue in the first place.

Now then, me being a smartass aside, I pretty much agree with this being removed. I doubt that people had dismemberment in mind when they made this gamemode, and it isn't as easy as goon where you can literally just slap your leg back on.
That's actually be hilarious if you could. Give the wizard a magic stapler that reattaches limbs. I'd kill to see a wizard get his leg blown off and then hop away on one foot to safety with his sandals in one hand and his leg in the other