Airlock Security Levels

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Airlock Security Levels

Post by kevinz000 » #227449

Try to read this post even though it's written in a very shitty way because I'm tired as fuck, maybe I'l fix this later maybe I won't.

Airlocks are now able to be reinforced with metal or plasteel to make the wires unreachable without tearing down the reinforcement. That's great, you can reinforce your department or autismfort manually.
Only, it's been added to every fucking command, security, AI, vault, or high security door. This has made hacking into secure areas way, way harder than before, as you now need to spend a good amount of time tearing metal (And a HUGE amount of time tearing the plasteel reinforced ones) down. You get eye damage from the welding, it's easier to get detected as you're staying at the door with tools with the panel open longer.
This is making lowpop rounds, where sometimes you just need to hack a door as no one is able/willing to access it, rounds hard. This is making countering an AI hard, as if the AI siphons and you start getting pulled with space wind you can't get the panel off (nearly died to this, what the fuck?) unlike normal where you can immediately start hacking it. This is making playing the game WITHOUT AN AI hard, as not everyone will have access to certain doors and if someone needs help you can't get in as easily even with engineering tools as you're spending more time trying to pry the reinforcement off. It deals eye damage ontop of that(mentioned earlier).

The PR author said that they would not be adding this to the map.
Well, adding it to the door types listed above, all of them being on the map at roundstart, seems to be adding it to the map to me.
IMO this feature has only deteriorated gameplay quality in lower population rounds. Sure, the greytide can't get in as easily, but this is also making it harder for antags and nonantags to break into places when they need to, as well as adding actual damage and a vision restricting item to block that damage, being the eye damage from having to weld stuff. Changed balance considerably with this, as it takes longer to hack doors and AIs can now block people with tools for way longer as they have to spend time getting the covers off.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Airlock Security Levels

Post by Saegrimr » #227450

It's not that awful of an idea for the vault door at minimum, the rest is pretty iffy.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #227455

I'm mostly miffed because the PR author specifically stated he will not be adding this to the map at roundstart.
Then I get a PLEASENT SURPRISE when I need to hack a door. :/
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #227457

So basically, it's now easier and simpler to just make False R-walls?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #227462

What are welding helmets?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #227466

Vault, Armory and AI controlled areas are the only places where this is warranted.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #227470

D&B wrote:What are welding helmets?
Hooray, more gearchecks and punishments if you don't carry around a mandatory half backpack's worth of gear that was mandated by one person making a PR
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Thundercoot
Byond Username: Erwgd

Post by Thundercoot » #227479

The extra step of welding the metal cover should be replaced with two steps that don't require a welder. Maybe you need to use a crowbar to pry the cover off a little, then you need to use a wrench or any other small strong weapon (like a knife) to loudly remove the cover by smashing it off.
D&B

Post by D&B » #227480

Shaps wrote:
Hooray, more gearchecks and punishments if you don't carry around a mandatory half backpack's worth of gear that was mandated by one person making a PR
I mean in this case if it carries the same punishment you could just weld down the walls and decon them.

And it's not like traitors can't get explosives. The only thing this affects is greytiders and people that need to break in but honestly just break a window at that point.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #227481

Thundercoot wrote:The extra step of welding the metal cover should be replaced with two steps that don't require a welder. Maybe you need to use a crowbar to pry the cover off a little, then you need to use a wrench or any other small strong weapon (like a knife) to loudly remove the cover by smashing it off.
Add in tin cans and a can opener.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #227499

D&B wrote:
Shaps wrote:
I mean in this case if it carries the same punishment you could just weld down the walls and decon them.

And it's not like traitors can't get explosives. The only thing this affects is greytiders and people that need to break in but honestly just break a window at that point.
Or you know, any other antag that isn't a syndicate traitor but may have a reason to want to get into a specific area, specifically things like conversion modes. Syndicates already get emags to quick open doors, why are we making this a thing? The only way I could see this even being needed is that if you could cut the bolts and thus able to crowbar a door open without needing a multitool/wire cutters.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
D&B

Post by D&B » #227568

Davidchan wrote:
D&B wrote:
Shaps wrote:

Or you know, any other antag that isn't a syndicate traitor but may have a reason to want to get into a specific area, specifically things like conversion modes. Syndicates already get emags to quick open doors, why are we making this a thing? The only way I could see this even being needed is that if you could cut the bolts and thus able to crowbar a door open without needing a multitool/wire cutters.
Clock cult can convert the door. Blood cult can emp or get a construct to break walls. Revs can deconstruct walls or thermite them. Lings can emp screech and crowbar or monkeyform and vent crawl. It just makes hacking harder but there's still options.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #227576

EMPs aren't good options for Lings since it sends the AI a lot of alerts, plus it's obvious. They're better off Armblading and forcing the door open manually
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #227622

I'm sure they weren't enabled by default

what happened?
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #227655

I /think/ from observing what airlocks are reinforced, he just put the security levels in the subtypes of the airlocks which are SPAWNED INTO THE MAP AT ROUNDSTART. I'm still too lazy/on phone so I'm not gonna check code yet and hope coreoverload does his revert.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #227789

kevinz000 wrote:I /think/ from observing what airlocks are reinforced, he just put the security levels in the subtypes of the airlocks which are SPAWNED INTO THE MAP AT ROUNDSTART. I'm still too lazy/on phone so I'm not gonna check code yet and hope coreoverload does his revert.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... k_types.dm

???
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #227806

bruh it's only on security and command what's all the whining about.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #227807

oranges wrote:bruh it's only on security and command what's all the whining about.
steelpoint at it again
D&B

Post by D&B » #227808

But muh greytide
Spoiler:
fuck you
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #227824

It's not even security, it's just the vault and centcomm according to airlock types
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #227828

Code: Select all

/obj/machinery/door/airlock/command
	icon = 'icons/obj/doors/airlocks/station/command.dmi'
	assemblytype = /obj/structure/door_assembly/door_assembly_com
	normal_integrity = 450
	security_level = 1

/obj/machinery/door/airlock/security
	icon = 'icons/obj/doors/airlocks/station/security.dmi'
	assemblytype = /obj/structure/door_assembly/door_assembly_sec
	normal_integrity = 450
	security_level = 1
nah, sec and command have it too. Anything with any non-zero value at all now needs a welder to get through at minimum.

+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_NONE			0 //Normal airlock				//Wires are not secured
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_METAL			1 //Medium security airlock		//There is a simple metal over wires (use welder)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_I_S	2 								//Sliced inner plating (use crowbar), jumps to 0
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_I		3 								//Removed outer plating, second layer here (use welder)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_O_S	4 								//Sliced outer plating (use crowbar)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_O		5 								//There is first layer of plasteel (use welder)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL		6 //Max security airlock		//Fully secured wires (use wirecutters to remove grille, that is electrified)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #227833

Every time a change makes it harder to build or deconstruct stuff it just means people are going to fall back on killing everyone instead, since that's already the easiest option.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #227839

Screemonster wrote:

/obj/machinery/door/airlock/command
	icon = 'icons/obj/doors/airlocks/station/command.dmi'
	assemblytype = /obj/structure/door_assembly/door_assembly_com
	normal_integrity = 450
	security_level = 1

/obj/machinery/door/airlock/security
	icon = 'icons/obj/doors/airlocks/station/security.dmi'
	assemblytype = /obj/structure/door_assembly/door_assembly_sec
	normal_integrity = 450
	security_level = 1
nah, sec and command have it too. Anything with any non-zero value at all now needs a welder to get through at minimum.

+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_NONE			0 //Normal airlock				//Wires are not secured
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_METAL			1 //Medium security airlock		//There is a simple metal over wires (use welder)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_I_S	2 								//Sliced inner plating (use crowbar), jumps to 0
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_I		3 								//Removed outer plating, second layer here (use welder)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_O_S	4 								//Sliced outer plating (use crowbar)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL_O		5 								//There is first layer of plasteel (use welder)
+#define AIRLOCK_SECURITY_PLASTEEL		6 //Max security airlock		//Fully secured wires (use wirecutters to remove grille, that is electrified)
I'll fix it then