Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Re: Why is Artyom dying?

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #20930

Aranclanos wrote:artyom was stable until this thread happened btw
i planned it
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #20940

Aranclanos wrote:artyom was stable until this thread happened btw
No it wasn't you dipshit.

It's always been like this, for 3 hours it's got >20 players every other time it doesn't. Reporting something =/= accelerating its happening.
Stop adding inconclusive evidence to come to a completely wrong conclusion.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #20942

>implying most of the playerbase both reads and actively gives a shit about the forums, even on artyom
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #20943

When this thread started I saw people from artyom starting to play on sybil, stop adding inconclusive evidence about my pro evidence you boobie head.
And yes, the amount of people who read the forums on artyom is a lot bigger than the sybil.
I accept donations, click here
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #20945

I started playing there sometimes not because of this thread but because of the pop on Artyom being so low that the game becomes unplayable. High pop has its problems aswell but is atleast playable.
Jalleo wrote:Better scaling for lower pop counts would help a lot that is all I shall say it probably would get ported to TG aswell since it is something that is needed.

The game modes everyone enjoys are for big pop counts. Same with how pretty much everything is designed. NT if you want more players you need to attract them with rescaled game modes. Blob could easily be redesigned to grow faster but hit weaker and have more weaknesses than welder.
This here is a really good idea. If <20 gamemodes weren't as uneventful and boring, I am sure that people would stick around and the server would eventually fill up.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #20950

People from artyom are playing on sybil because I'm playing on sybil and have been for a while now.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
iteq

Post by iteq » #20954

Steelpoint wrote:Personally I've rarely touched Artyom, in between the constant grey tiding, hostile attitude and blatant rescuing of "friends" from being arrested I've decided to stick to a server that does not drag out Traitor for two hours and has a relativitly consistent Sec population.

Seriously, my own Officers stun me and throw me out an airlock because I was being a "bad hos". Fuck that noise.

(Its amusing that every single time I've been on Artyom I ended up getting someone banned for being a shit, two ban request threads in a row)
you ever think that maybe your own officers stun you because you are being shit?
Spoiler:
Aaron Laborde says, "YOU'RE TYPING LIKE YOU HAVE A BRISTH ACCENT BUT YOURE JUST A SAD VIRGIN"

OOC: TheBibleMelts: the only time i was repulsed by erp was when i saw lindsay donk and dawgas roleplaying out a piss-childplay fantasy

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Antonkr: You are a nigger lover.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

OOC: Paprka: boy does talking shit get me horny
OOC: Sawrge: i am getting admin vote and iteq is getting player vote
(F) DEAD: Leo Bonhart says, "luck the only known tg player to trigger someones ptsd and cause a mental breakdown"
Word count of substantiative content of ban appeal: 87
Word count of shitpost copypasta: 195
OOC: Dannno: i fucking hate you stupid piece of shit iteq you fucking idiot one day im going to fucking ban you and you'll be gone for good faggot fuck you
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #20956

iteq wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Personally I've rarely touched Artyom, in between the constant grey tiding, hostile attitude and blatant rescuing of "friends" from being arrested I've decided to stick to a server that does not drag out Traitor for two hours and has a relativitly consistent Sec population.

Seriously, my own Officers stun me and throw me out an airlock because I was being a "bad hos". Fuck that noise.

(Its amusing that every single time I've been on Artyom I ended up getting someone banned for being a shit, two ban request threads in a row)
you ever think that maybe your own officers stun you because you are being shit?
Steelpoint generally isn't a shit, though, and does his job well. At least, for Sybil standards.
:^)
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20967

iteq wrote:

Please don't try to argue that as excusable under any circumstances. It makes you look like even more of a giant shitter.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #20976

iteq wrote:you ever think that maybe your own officers stun you because you are being shit?
If rescuing a Scientist who tried to bomb the Clown planet, capture a antag who killed a bunch of people (Stun Baton beats Esword), upload a "British Empire" lawset to the Silicon's 2 hours into the round and help attempt to kill a blob is shit, then yes.

Either way killing your department head is shit no matter what, you just can't declare the HoS is shit by your standards and execute him.
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #20980

Well, we had people who stayed on basil cause they didn't want to play on NTcode or without metastation so once basil died they kida left for good. The forum split made us lose quite a few players as well cause Errorage a rage lord and killed the server addresses on his site, which both effected Sybil and Artyom/basil (Honestly NT is the same shit but with lel so randumb grilles and a few different sprites)
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21037

Mat has never made a more accurate statement

Either way fuck artyom pop is what matters and I'm not going to force myself to play on 20 player server with a bunch of shitlords when I can be playing sybil and just port NT shit to /tg/ code that I want since the code is nearly identical. Feature freeze end can't come soon enough.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #21058

Steelpoint wrote: upload a "British Empire" lawset to the Silicon's 2 hours into the round
Dude I love Britimov, but I never get to use it.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #21066

paprika wrote:Either way fuck artyom pop is what matters and I'm not going to force myself to play on 20 player server with a bunch of shitlords when I can be playing sybil and just port NT shit to /tg/ code that I want since the code is nearly identical. Feature freeze end can't come soon enough.
This attitude, while unfortunately the majority of people are now taking, is what's accelerating the death of the server.
It's not this thread, it's not the forum spliting that's causing it, the damage from that has already passed, no, what's causing this is the people who say "I don't want to play on Artyom any more because no people.". It's a ruthless cycle because it's self destructive through its very nature, the more it happens, the more people publicize it, the more people do the same thing and it goes on.

Fortunately, if everyone who left Artyom came back to it we would have a stable population. Unfortunately we all know the answer to that problem, they won't and the damage has already reached unrepairable levels.

Rest in peace sweet prince.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #21072

Steelpoint wrote:
iteq wrote:you ever think that maybe your own officers stun you because you are being shit?
If rescuing a Scientist who tried to bomb the Clown planet, capture a antag who killed a bunch of people (Stun Baton beats Esword), upload a "British Empire" lawset to the Silicon's 2 hours into the round and help attempt to kill a blob is shit, then yes.

Either way killing your department head is shit no matter what, you just can't declare the HoS is shit by your standards and execute him.
It's probably your attitude maybe and you act like any of those are accomplishments. That's an average HoS round. an*
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21073

I'd rather play with all the faggots on artyom if they're padded with a bunch of pubbies like on sybil or old basil, I can't stand that shit otherwise. This has been a successful second test of the 'sigurd experiment'
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #21089

what are you talking about pap

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #21195

Aranclanos wrote:When this thread started I saw people from artyom starting to play on sybil, stop adding inconclusive evidence about my pro evidence you boobie head.
And yes, the amount of people who read the forums on artyom is a lot bigger than the sybil.
I genuinely noticed this as well. Threads like this scare people into changing their preferences, whether it be concious or not. There is relative little gain in even having a thread like this as what little good comes out of it is massively weighted against the negative.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #21196

ColonicAcid wrote: Fortunately, if everyone who left Artyom came back to it we would have a stable population. Unfortunately we all know the answer to that problem, they won't and the damage has already reached unrepairable levels.

Rest in peace sweet prince.
This really doesn't help, unless you are trying to cause another dive in population. Which looking back at your posts seems entirely possible.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #21202

Another dive in population? That would he pretty hard when the population is already at near zero. As I've said before the damage is already done, everything in this thread is just people hitting a dead horse with a stick and complaining at the fact it's not moving.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #21266

Negative population, anti-players, a bizzaro station where the blue ebb eats diligently helpful men in rainbow bikinis alive.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #21276

Incomptinence wrote:Negative population, anti-players, a bizzaro station where the blue ebb eats diligently helpful men in rainbow bikinis alive.
What did I just read.

Clearly the lack of people is directly consequent of the three days I didn't get on. It's all about me, and I'm so sorry for letting you all down.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #21473

ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #21489

Neerti wrote:-snip-
Thank God we live in such enlightened times.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #21542

What is that from?
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #21585

Cipher3 wrote:
What is that from?
EU3 event

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Comet_Sighted
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #21670

MisterPerson wrote:
It's just a comet.
+1 learning.
Yo I once posted that as a captains announcement in a nations round and NOBODY GOT IT ;_;
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #23864

It's weird how Basil could have good, fun rounds with the amount of players Artyom has now, yet everyone says Artyom rounds are boring ;_;
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #23866

For what its worth, Artyom is just so slow with nothing really interesting going on.

Here's the circle of how I see Artyom.

- You need more people to have more engaging, fun and more game modes.
- This requires for the server to get popular
- But you need more players to get popular
- But you need the server to be popular to get more players.
- Repeat ad infinium

To be frank, two hour Traitor/Extended rounds are fucking boring to the vast majority of people, and the people that do enjoy that on a regular basis are usually playing Baystation or something akin.

Sybil is more engaging, in my opinion, because the rounds generally don't drag on forever, don't waste your time asking you to do monotonous tasks for two hours as the only traitor steals a RCD and does nothing, and things usually get hectic or at the very least entertaining.

If you want to fix Artyom, either craft the game modes to get shit done under an hour, or move back to /tg/ code on Basil.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #23908

ColonicAcid wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:
It's just a comet.
+1 learning.
Yo I once posted that as a captains announcement in a nations round and NOBODY GOT IT ;_;
the comet event on EU4 is literally cancer
PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #24066

Can we please just open the servers to the public? We will get a lot of bad players but Jesus people that's what admins are for. Security is for the regular grey tiding shits. we should not become/stay xenophobic. Admins can do their jobs to keep the actual shittlers out, Every popular server... does it. just do your jobs as admins to police the server.Just put up with the assholes. It should be apart of the station if every one is good the game would suck, if they all sucked then it would suck harder. Let the influx of newbies come in.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #24087

PathOfChaos1 wrote:Can we please just open the servers to the public? We will get a lot of bad players but Jesus people that's what admins are for. Security is for the regular grey tiding shits. we should not become/stay xenophobic. Admins can do their jobs to keep the actual shittlers out, Every popular server... does it. just do your jobs as admins to police the server.Just put up with the assholes. It should be apart of the station if every one is good the game would suck, if they all sucked then it would suck harder. Let the influx of newbies come in.
Que RAPID administrative burnout. It would be TERRIBLE. We'd end up scaring off most of our decent playerbase doing such a thing.

The reason behind Artyom's recent pop decrease is a bunch of crybabies got fed up with unfun for a week and left. It doesn't really help how the Anti-Server 2 Server 3 attitude is on Sybil either. It's boggling how there are people who do nothing but sit in OOC and shittalk on the other servers.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #24089

To be quite blunt, if Artyom goes pubbie, I refuse to ever touch Artyom. And a significant fraction of the administrative staff and players share that opinion, even if they don't know it yet. Pubbie servers are pure hell.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #24097

We tried going public once. It didn't end well. Everyone involved agreed it was a disaster.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #24103

It's not like we don't have enough players, they're just all on Sybil instead of neatly distributed across the different servers.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #24105

PathOfChaos1 wrote:awful idea
NO

NO

NO
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #24153

Steelpoint wrote:For what its worth, Artyom is just so slow with nothing really interesting going on.

Here's the circle of how I see Artyom.

- You need more people to have more engaging, fun and more game modes.
- This requires for the server to get popular
- But you need more players to get popular
- But you need the server to be popular to get more players.
- Repeat ad infinium

To be frank, two hour Traitor/Extended rounds are fucking boring to the vast majority of people, and the people that do enjoy that on a regular basis are usually playing Baystation or something akin.
This is the only answer to this thread, and it remained the only answer when it was "Why is Sibyl dying?" It is incidentally also the question to "why don't more people play security?" and most things of the nature. Like a reverse tragedy of the commons.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #24550

Aurx wrote:Pubbie servers are pure hell.
I can attest to that. There's certainly a quality drop, to say the least.
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #24579

The original draw of NT was getting more features pumped out, but as we get less people, we have less coders, and a large amount of what does get added, gets merged into tg at some point anyway.

While I think tg is still somewhat slow and less open to getting shit merged, at this point, we should just merge as much good shit as we can, and go back to a single codebase. The amount of cross merging already makes it pretty dumb, and low pop is quite literally cancer to a server.

I don't get why SO MANY PEOPLE though, have this issue with one map or the other. Box and Meta are both great stations, I don't understand how people can outright dislike one or the other, considering their current conditions.

P.S: NT has a lot of neat cosmetic stuff (also incendiary things), but tg has awful 'can't eat with a mask'. These two things are literally my biggest issues, when I play on Sibyl, I just want to pop pills in my rolled down light red jump suit.
Zsword

Post by Zsword » #24583

I love, Artyom, my biggest issue is that, well, I'm one of the people that's 'wait tell round start then join in cause I just kinda wanna play my job and not deal with being an antag target...' and, well, with such a small pop, being an antag is just that much more likely. If Artyom has like, 25 people PLAYING I'll sometimes jump in, cause that I find is around the ideal number to actually, play, and have a pleasant round.

What really saddens me though, is that NT station is built to handle populations that Box is gettign, and box is built to handle populations that NT is getting, it's really dissapointing. Artyom seems like it could be so much fun with a full crew, it has enough STUFF that you can actually have like, 2 robotocists without constantly stepping on top of what the other is doing.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #24586

lumipharon wrote:While I think tg is still somewhat slow and less open to getting shit merged, at this point, we should just merge as much good shit as we can, and go back to a single codebase. The amount of cross merging already makes it pretty dumb, and low pop is quite literally cancer to a server.
I don't think NT and tg should merge again after thinking about it for a bit.

/tg/ is focused around high pop gameplay. Weapons, equipment, gamemodes, everything is balanced for Sybil's highpop. When it stops being highpop, it gets boring. This was a problem back on Basil too, atleast in my opinion. On NT you can push features that work well on low-midpop but would never work on highpop server. If we had only one codebase again, these features would never get merged.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #24592

Remove speed-nerf and I will come running to Sybil.

For some reason people literally do not play on Artyom because of NT-phobia.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #24595

Zsword wrote: 'wait tell round start then join in cause I just kinda wanna play my job and not deal with being an antag target...'
you are the fucking cancer of the server
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #24604

Speed nerf is never going away. Sanic is retarded, was always retarded and will always be retarded.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #24605

The last vote held on the speed issue was about 50/50. So its clearly a dividing issue.

I personally prefer the slower move speed, since it means someone has to fully commit to an action instead of running around so quickly they can get in and out in seconds.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #24606

You can say "NT and /tg/ are both great" and "Box and meta are both great" all you want, but there will be people who prefer one or the other and rightfully so.

May be, just may be, it's not as great as you think it is?

Meta and NT are certainly not great enough to keep high population around.

Personally I hate both, so there's that.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #24617

Can we please stop using meta and nt interchangeably? basil (:2337) has metastation on tg.

MAP and CODEBASE are two separate things.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #24618

Merging of NT into /tg/ was offered by Rock. I accepted because I was the only person "of authority" around to do so.
This about a week back.

So there really isn't a case for NT staying afloat on it's own. We don't have the Population to do so.
Artyom will either switch to /tg/ code or it'll go down and Basil will rise back up.

So it's not really a matter of what to do, but of when it happens.
私は完璧
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #24637

MrStonedOne wrote:Can we please stop using meta and nt interchangeably? basil (:2337) has metastation on tg.

MAP and CODEBASE are two separate things.
Both are present on Artyom. I don't know what's this about, honestly.
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #24660

Remie Richards wrote:Merging of NT into /tg/ was offered by Rock. I accepted because I was the only person "of authority" around to do so.
This about a week back.

So there really isn't a case for NT staying afloat on it's own. We don't have the Population to do so.
Artyom will either switch to /tg/ code or it'll go down and Basil will rise back up.

So it's not really a matter of what to do, but of when it happens.
Great, will be looking forward to this.
Hopefully basil will rise again, since we really don't need three servers, as the population numbers have shown.
Will we be getting a general idea of what was merged from NT to /tg/?
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage