Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by Okand37 » #218038

Bottom post of the previous page:

bubbaray9000 wrote:can you refill vapes?
You can add reagents to a vape by filling it from a beaker or reagent container.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #218144

Okand37 wrote:
bubbaray9000 wrote:can you refill vapes?
You can add reagents to a vape by filling it from a beaker or reagent container.
Bowls work for vapes too.

Spoiler:
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218707

will ingesting potassium alongside water cause an explosion if done immediately?
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #218737

Yeah, don't eat potassium and water pills. Normal drinking only gives 5 units at a time though so it's mostly safe.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #218749

XDTM wrote:Yeah, don't eat potassium and water pills. Normal drinking only gives 5 units at a time though so it's mostly safe.
Thats why you use the Lethal Injection syringes to put in 50u at once
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218770

The clown was a rude asshole to me once as a botanist so I ground up some bananas and got a bucket of water and kept trying to get him to drink or mix them but someone else lynched him anyway. Didn't know if pills worked or not, awesome that they do.
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #218846

You can buy two sleepypens, empty them on a monkey or something, then fill one with water and one with potassium and jab them both into someone to instacrit him.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #218877

I don't think sleepy pens are refillable any more.
Raphaella
Byond Username: Emilc4h

Post by Raphaella » #221688

Is the Chameleon Armour from the Chamkit actually armoured? I'd presume it is, but the Chameleon Gloves aren't even insulated, so I'unno.

EDIT: answering my own question because i'm retarded and forgot i could just codedive

chameleon armour's values are melee = 10, bullet = 10, laser = 10, energy = 0, bomb = 0, bio = 0, rad = 0, fire = 50, acid = 50

whereas normal armour's is melee = 30, bullet = 30, laser = 30, energy = 10, bomb = 25, bio = 0, rad = 0, fire = 50, acid = 50

so it's -okay- and better than nothing i guess good to know
If only you knew how bad things really are.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #221690

All the Chameleon stuff is armoured but apart from the jumpsuit, actual sec armour is superior. (The chameleon jumpsuit offers 10 resistance to melee, bullets and lasers while the sec jumpsuit/Tactical Turtlenecks just gives 10 resist to melee)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #221803

yeah i added that a while back, chameleon suit armor is identical to tactical turtleneck armor (unless goof changed it when he did the chameleon kit)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #221808

Sleepy Pens are refillable even if in game it says they're not; just use a beaker on them, they hold 45 reagents. To empty them you need to stab something, though.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #221816

What is the current maxcap size? Is it 7,15,31?
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #221822

TheWulfe wrote:How do the Servant of Ratvar's cache-to-wall generation work. Can I honeycomb a single clock-wall and all the caches generate parts, or does it need to be one-for-one

Where X=Clockwork Wall and C=Cache
Will
C
XC
C
Have 3 caches generating parts
or

XC
XC
XC
Have to be used for generating parts?
It's the second example.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #221880

screen keeps getting black tiles only when im alive, its all normal when im ghost. whenever i ask in ooc or anything i just get memed so ill ask here. my byond version is up to date.
Raphaella
Byond Username: Emilc4h

Post by Raphaella » #222206

Security cameras - how do? I set up the assembly, wire it, etc, set it to 'SS13' when I screwdriver it... and the AI can't see me.

The first time I did it, I set up one in maintenance and they could see through that, but not the ones I'd set up in the abandoned bar. Does it have something to do with how it's set up on the station blueprints? Do I need the CE to march down and add the abandoned surgery/bar/whatever to something, or am I just stupid? (a very real possibility!)
If only you knew how bad things really are.
Mervill
Byond Username: Mervill

Post by Mervill » #222779

What's the air scrubber supposed to look like? Like what is the sprite supposed to resemble?
<MrStonedOne> so many things in the world had to go wrong for all of this to end up here.... if any one thing had gone right, ss13 wouldn't exist
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #222849

If you hit a person with the EMP flashlight, will it disable their head set?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #222851

calzilla1 wrote:If you hit a person with the EMP flashlight, will it disable their head set?
It would be extremely painful
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #222852

calzilla1 wrote:If you hit a person with the EMP flashlight, will it disable their head set?
Yes, it will.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #222888

It turns their headset off and they have to turn it back on manually (which they can't until 15 seconds have passed). It'll also completely drain any energy gun they have (including tasers), burn out flashes, turn off flashlights, drain 1/4 charge from a stun baton and, I think, 3/4 charge from a stunprod. If they have NVGs/mesons/thermals or HUD implants, they'll get flashed and blinded.
If they have a reviver implant, they'll get a heart attack and if they have augmented limbs they'll take burn damage (fully augmented people take 30 burn - the same amount of force damage as an e-sword). EMP flashlights also stun and damage cyborgs as well as drain their cell and won't burn out like a flash does

EMP flashlights can also be used as pseudo emag on an airlock but you're gonna have to game the odds before you'll randomly make an airlock open and you're way more likely to just electrify it.
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #229484

Lavaland mushrooms have some unique(as far as I can tell) chemicals in them that aren't listed on the wiki. What do they do?
Thundercoot
Byond Username: Erwgd

Post by Thundercoot » #229938

Leafy mushrooms and cactus fruits contain vitrium froth, which is nutritious and heals brute and burn damage.
Tall mushroom caps contain entropic polypnium, which paralyses after 10 cycles (ticks?), and has a chance of dealing brain, suffocation and toxin damage.
Glowing mushroom stems contain tinea luxor, which make you glow when consumed.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #229939

Thundercoot wrote:Leafy mushrooms and cactus fruits contain vitrium froth, which is nutritious and heals brute and burn damage.
Tall mushroom caps contain entropic polypnium, which paralyses after 10 cycles (ticks?), and has a chance of dealing brain, suffocation and toxin damage.
Glowing mushroom stems contain tinea luxor, which make you glow when consumed.
All of these compounds can be put through a grinder like any other plant and used as chems for stuff like smoke (entropic polypnium smoke anyone?)

> It used to be that leafy plants gave the froth, but now its rebalanced that cactus fruits are 100% froth, while leaves are diluted with nicotine.

Tall mushrooms (the big round caps) don't activate the side effect, and initially on the first bite, you will get a druggy effect, which in moderation is a fun way to spend your time inside the ashwalker den/miner pod between storms off your face on shrooms without dying.

You can attach a bowl (mushroom made or default ashwalker bowl) to the IV drip when full of gutlunch milk, to quickly and directly pump fluids into ashwalkers for intensive healing. Saline from gutlunch milk also substitutes for any blood loss when you eventually heal so dont make gauzes

Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #234787

I want to use the guitar to play the nutshack, how would I go about this?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #234822

The unloved rock wrote:I want to use the guitar to play the nutshack, how would I go about this?
you'd have to translate this to the notes format that the guitar uses. https://musescore.com/user/3542636/scores/2608016
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #234827

What about the midi-to-piano app that comes with the repository, is it still shit?
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #234900

darn, I was hoping that somebody would just flat out do it for me because I'm lazy but I sound like less of an asshole for just asking how. thanks though.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #236187

Grazyn wrote:What about the midi-to-piano app that comes with the repository, is it still shit?
wait how do I use this where do I find this what is this I need this
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #236199

download tgstation master from github, there's a folder named Tools, midi-to-piano should be there. But it doesn't work really well
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #236233

too lazy I'll give a copy of bad rats to whoever does it for me
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #236332

The unloved rock wrote:too lazy I'll give a copy of bad rats to whoever does it for me
gotchu
idk how this sounds i havent tried it. bpm might be wrong

Code: Select all

BPM: 1049
Db/0.67,E/0.67,Eb,C/0.25,D/0.67,En/0.67,Eb,C/0.25
D/0.67,En/0.67,Eb,C/0.25,D/0.67,En/0.67,Eb,C/0.25
D/0.67,En/0.67,Eb,C/0.25,D/0.67,En/0.67,Eb,C,D4/6
D/6,D/6,D/6,D/6,D/6,D/3,D/3,D/3,D/3,D/3,D/3,D,D/2
D/2,D/0.5,D,D/2,D/2,D/0.5,D,D/2,D/2,D,D/0.5,D
D/0.5,En4,C4/0.67,D/0.67,Ab4,D,D/2,D/0.67,D/2,D
D/0.67,C,D,D/2,D/0.67,E/2,Eb/2,C/2,D/2,D/2,D,D/2
D/0.67,D/2,D/2,D,D/2,D,D/2,D/2,D/2,D/2,D/2,E/2
En/0.5,C/2,D,D/2,D,D,D,D,D,D/2,D/2,D/2,E/2,Eb/0.5
D,D,D,D,En/2,Eb/2,C/2,D/2,D,D/0.67,D/2,D,D,D/2,D/2
D/2,D,D/0.67,D/2,D/2,D/2,D/2,D,D/2,D/2,D/2,D/2,D/2
D/2,D/0.5,D,D,D,D,D/2,D,D/0.4,D,D,D,E/2,En/2,Eb/2
E,C/0.29,D3/0.67,En3/0.67,Eb,C3/0.25,D/0.67
En/0.67,Eb,C/0.25,D/0.67,En/0.67,Eb,C/0.25,D/0.67
En/0.67,Eb,C/0.08
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #236380

alright thanks my last spare copy of bad rats is being sent to wyzack at 4:20 for christmas are you sure you want it
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #236404

The unloved rock wrote:alright thanks my last spare copy of bad rats is being sent to wyzack at 4:20 for christmas are you sure you want it
Nah I already own it you can give your copy to whoever you want :)
Spoiler:
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #236480

Raphaella wrote:Security cameras - how do? I set up the assembly, wire it, etc, set it to 'SS13' when I screwdriver it... and the AI can't see me.

The first time I did it, I set up one in maintenance and they could see through that, but not the ones I'd set up in the abandoned bar. Does it have something to do with how it's set up on the station blueprints? Do I need the CE to march down and add the abandoned surgery/bar/whatever to something, or am I just stupid? (a very real possibility!)
I always set the network to "Security", and it takes roughly a minute for the camera to work for the AI. If that didn't work, then somebody broke camera code.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #237271

how do you stop someone strangling you? I tried resisting but it never actually did anything.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #237274

spam wasd and get lucky
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #237398

Re-read the thread title.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #237478

CosmicScientist wrote:How do you approach a Nuke Ops round if you have one person who is AFK and two people who won't listen either because they're overwhelmed or because they might just be bad? you have the standard luck of the draw?
subvert the AI solo, get the borgs to ambush the captain when he is alone.

get disk, move to solar, nuke.

to a limited extent AI is all-seeing-all-knowing; the captain is easy to find and a single borg should be able to ambush him.

normally there is a problem; that problem being that as soon as anybody notices the AI doing suspicious things the AI dies, but since you couldn't care less about it's survival (and borgs) it's not a big deal.

any mediocre+ borg or AI can easily do it. subverting the AI is semi-trivial as a nukeop

the other thing is, you can just shoot your way through the place as long as you stack your advantages

nukeop has following advantages
>can disengage into space (or disengage generally if gravity is out / singlo is lose whatever)
>rapid fire, powerful weapons
>all access that AI can't really revoke (emag)
>subverting sillicons is easy

use your advantages:
>disable gravity, turn the station into a gravity-less oxygenless environment where your jetpack works and many will die due to the environment.
>never get into a lengthy engagement; use your superior intelligence (AI, thermals, NV) to pick your engagements, attack swiftly and without mercy, and disengage before reinforcements arrive
>emag everything; this alone can cause chaos, and it prevents you from being trapped.
>use your ability to subvert sillicons to your advantage. EMP to disable them is dirt cheap, extremely effective, stealthy, full-screen+ omnidirectional and 2 tc. no joke. use it. emag the sillicons and use them against the crew.
>use your captive sillicons to free singularities, track people, start fires, deceive the crew as to what they are under attack by; shock doors, disable medbay, cloning, telecomms, gravgen, the bridge. anything to confuse and disorient your enemy. communication (radio) and regeneration (cloning) are your enemy's most potent weapons; they allow them to continually reinforce. disabling them as early as possible (ideally before you are outed) is CRITICAL.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #237482

CosmicScientist wrote:How do you approach a Nuke Ops round if you have one person who is AFK and two people who won't listen either because they're overwhelmed or because they might just be bad? you have the standard luck of the draw?

Ahelp the AFK operative, wait for either the admin themself to takeover or for nobody to takeover because deadchat has been spamming "FLUKES." Flamethrower, elite hardsuit, tons of stetch ammo, desword. Find the detective. Kill him. Take his gun. Find the Captain. Use the discount e-bo- I mean .38, git that fukken disk, grab the nook, mail fission, get to ship, fission mailed. Flamethrower is for crowd control and the desword is for finishing off the people you shot down.

I should know this works, because it worked for me as a solo op.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #237766

New meta: as soon as they call nukes I'm just gonna cremate my gun.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #237838

Surround their workplace entrances with tables, reinforced if you can, and put gaps between the tables so they have to climb up and down the tables constantly.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #238686

Is it me or does emagging vendors now does nothing?
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #238702

Whoisthere wrote:Is it me or does emagging vendors now does nothing?
It removes access restrictions for the vendor, so for example you can use it on a medbay vendor to make it not require medbay access
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #238781

Emagging a vendor should totally have it eat the hand of the next person who tries to dispense it
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #238811

CosmicScientist wrote:What are tablet computers for? I never understood before and I still don't understand now.
You can download certain programs depending on your job and access that are essentially portable computers, such as atmospheric technicians being able to download a station air alarm program, or the HoP being able to download a portable ID changer program (which often gets stolen)

Aside from those, you can also download an ingame IRC client on any tablet for organizing book club meetings!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #238812

I'd like tablets to have more functionality, such as being able to remotely interface with station systems, but I imagine it's a lot of work to make that happen.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #238964

how tf did sybil become the low pop server
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #238965

It kept crashing for weeks on end at the same time basil was ascendant.

Basil was on the hub, so it became high pop enough to attract people to migrate from Sybil while Sybil was already losing players (natural attrition, lots of regulars getting permad, people driven away by admin events, people driven away by constant silent murder sprees are my personal theories on that)
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #238981

well allright then
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #239104

Why do americans only eat pizzas with 0 or 1 toppings?
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals