Official Imperial Recruitment Thread

I cast magic missile at the darkness
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Official Imperial Recruitment Thread

Post by imblyings » #242448

Bottom post of the previous page:

sure
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #242450

Go 4 it
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242456

Dude you never responded to my pm u shit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #242462

sory
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #242464

when during the week, wyzack

i am reasonably free but i still need to know
D&B

Post by D&B » #242467

Wyzack wrote:Dude you never responded to my pm u shit
I keep procrastinating sorry.

I'll send it tomorrow no bully.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242473

I can do any day, when are you guys free?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #242474

okey doke
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242477

Okay then what about like thursday?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #242480

Thursday works for me.
D&B

Post by D&B » #242484

Fo sho
Spoiler:
fuck you
danno

Post by danno » #242487

*makes a thumbs up at you*

practicing my role play
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242491

Alright this is good! Just need to hear back from galv, shadow ausops and anonmare. I can start as early as 4pm EST and go till 1 or 2am EST, what is the soonest you lads can start?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242497

Just made the first batch of tokens. Anonmare and ausops you might want to adjust the borders of your pic to make them more square, roll20 auto adjusts them and they look a little squished. you can take a look if you want
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #242498

4 pm est is good i just gotta go to sleep early
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #242508

Can do Thursday, should be done with this character sheet by then. Been dragging my heels for some crazy reason.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242591

No worries Galv, any time before then is fine.

So far i have a yes from everyone except Shadowdementio (who cant) and Anonmare (who has yet to reply). We are such a huge group that i do not think we will be able to do better than 7 within a reasonable time frame. I know it sucks but if anon can too we might just run it without shadow this once.

Shadow if you like we can have your character be there an earning experience/using skills normally, but not participating in combat (for expediency's sake and also to prevent the bullshit of having him die when you are not there) but it is entirely up to you. This session is going to be a bit of an intro anyways and i do not know how far we will actually get with a group this size

Also shadow made some pretty good drawings in the roll20 room
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #242607

I can make it lad
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #242664

I'll try to show but zero promises
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242667

No worries dude, make it if you can
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242680

Daily reminder to roll ur fuggen comrades already (except owegno he doesnt get one
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #242685

I'll do it when I get home :D
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #242702

I have my comrade's name and demeanour. Is that it to a comrade or am I missing something?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242723

Nope thats it. Also i just saw your post now, i will update your token with the new picture
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242737

Okay so, everyone now has tokens except D&B, who needs to make his character still, preferably today. I also found a way to track wounds and ammunition directly on your counters, as well as having optional health and ammo bars that sit above your token. They might help to keep track of shit at a glance, but we can do without the visible bars if you guys think they clutter the tokens up too much

I have them up for the good commisar Flavanius right now if you want to take a look
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #242864

Staring at my schedule I'll only be able to show for an hour max before I have to leave for class.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242994

You have all spent the last two months aboard some Imperial cruiser or another. Your previous deployment was fighting orks in a horrible jungle world known as Tarth. The heat, disease, bugs and greenskins made it a pretty bad time overall. After a few months of jungle attrition your glory-seeking commander decided it would be a good idea to round up all four of the penal regiments on deployment there (including the Kiavus 60th) and use them to spearhead a massive assault on the ork stronghold, supported by Cadian mechanized infantry and a Mordian Iron Guard artillery regiment.

Predictably, everything went sideways. The Cadians were horribly delayed in protecting the flanks of the advancing troops, the artillery dropped the occasion shell on the friendlies and the orks were overstrength compared to the intel. Despite all of this, the tenacity of the penal legionaires (and the combat drugs) combined with the mechanized support arriving in the nick of time was able to break the back of the ork forces and turn the protracted jungle warfare into a cleanup route. Casualties were extreme, the remaining penal regiments rolled together under the banner of the Kiavus 60th to keep them at just over standard strength.

Not one to let you enjoy the easy part for too long, Command had you all packaged up and shipped off to the next warzone, leaving the Cadian and Mordian regiments to finish the scourging. Starship life is not too much different to life back in the Kiavus megaprison, except instead of backbreaking manufactorum labour you spend much of your time walking patrols or running combat drills and fire training. The rest of the time you are confined to your platoon's bunk block under the watchful eye of the Commissariat and their enforcers. It is pretty dull, all things considered.

Then one day your platoon captain announces that you have arrived in the next warzone. Rumours among the troops are that you are to be stationed against the secessionist traitors of the Severan Dominate but the captain refuses to acknowledge or deny them, claiming a full briefing will be given at the base camp down planetside. You spend the rest of the day cycle packing up your backbreakingly heavy standard kit. As the familiar tingling hum of the warp gives way to the cold silence of vacuum you are marched down to the massive hanger bay that spans a huge portion of the ship, given your explosive collars and weapons (in that order) and marched to a series of ships. After a bit of confusion about the capacity of the troop transport ships you captain informs you that due to a departmento munitorium mixup you will be riding down in the jury-rigged transport section of one of the cargo haulers.

Your platoon (roughly 35 soldiers total, three squads of ten and the captain's command squad of 5) is filed into the rear hatch of a bulky cargo ship. A series of ramshackle seats with harnesses have been hastily bolted to the rear section of the cargo bay and the rest of the area is occupied by a series of large crates. You all stow your rucksacks and buckle in to the makeshift chairs, the only light in the entire cargo bay coming from a series of red emergency lights on either side of the room. The hatch raises and closes shut, and moments later you feel the ship lift from the flight deck followed by the strange sensation of wieghtlessness as the hauler escapes the artificial gravity of the Imperial Cruiser.

Welcome to hell
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242995

Also it is up to you guys to decide if you have been serving together since deployment, or if some of you were rolled together from other penal legions after the fighting on Tarth. I will say however that Owegno's commissar Flavanius is officially attached to the platoon commander rather than your squads specifically at this time
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243064

First sesh tomorrow, we can start collecting people around 4pm EST but i have a feeling that after we get everyone settled and everything else ready to go it will probably be a bit closer to 5
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
danno

Post by danno » #243130

if i wake up at like 9 i should be done jacking off by then
D&B

Post by D&B » #243170

Everyone please rally so we can bring an inquisitorially uniformed teddy bear into battle.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243285

Just wanted to make a quick post here to temper everyone's expectations of this game.

In terms of tone i am going for mildly serious. Not all doom gloom and grimtarded seriousness, but please no ebin memes in IC chat. (muh immulsions)

Also just in general Only War is a pretty fucking deadly game. Damage takes time to recover from, it is entirely possible to be killed in a single hit by a massive number of things in this game. You can burn a fate point permanently when you would otherwise die in order to prevent your death. Most of you only have one fate point so this is not a sustainable solution, and even though you survive there will still be consequences

Staying in cover and using suppressing fire are both important ways to not get yourself full of bullet holes. Running full tilt at the enemy across open ground like this is DnD is liable to get you killed (although it is worth noting that using the run action does make you harder to shoot)

I have only ran this game once before. People died. I cannot into balancing very well, nor did i terribly try. The odds will be against you

And finally, we have a shitload of people and the game involves quite a bit of thinking. I will be encouraging people to take their turns as quickly as possible. Once i get an idea of exactly how long this is, i will be offering a reward if you keep your turns below a set time, likely by refreshing one of your fate points at the end of an encounter. We will see if this gets out of hand, i dunno.

Questions?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
D&B

Post by D&B » #243340

What time the round starts?
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243348

Everyone should be heading into the roll20 room around 4 pm est
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
D&B

Post by D&B » #243354

I'm really regretting drinking that Amasec
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243499

So today after a little bit of technical trouble, the Kiavus 60th penal legionnaires 8th platoon heroically landed in the middle of who the fuck knows where, with more than half of the unit dying on impact. After picking yourselves out of the wreckage and securing the remaining loot from the cargo hauler, you ambushed the scouts sent to investigate the crash and jacked up their bikes. You sent a few bikes out to scout an alternate route while the bulk of your forces marched a longer path to the nearby Severan Dominate base. Roland scouted out FOB gamma with a godly stealth roll, seeing a small base with a few buildings, a chain link fence and a watchtower.

As you regrouped to discuss these findings, a radio on one of the bikes crackled to life, wondering where the scout team had gone. Sargent Versas attempted to trick them, but when it became clear that was not going to work he chugged down a literal entire bottle of high proof brandy and acted drunk, which seemingly delayed their response team as they assumed the scouts were fucking off and drinking. The next part of the plan involved setting up an elaborate fake crash scene, and the sarge decided to drive to the original crash site to collect some dead bodies to complete the scene. Unfortunately he attempted to drive there, and predictably he crashed and ate shit. Deciding this new, more organic crash site was a better ruse, the team medic wired up some flashbang grenades next to the wrecked bike, the now plastered sargent laid down beside the wrecked bike and the rest of you took ambush positions as the sarge radio'd the base for help.

A squad of troops showed up, one of them set off the flashbang, and we ended right before combat began. It was a ton of fun running it, you guys nailed it. Next thursday?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #243500

>Thursday again

Wyzack why do you hate me
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #243505

sorry for falling asleep

thanks for posting a recap
D&B

Post by D&B » #243563

I'm good for Thursday ye
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243582

Sorry Shadow i did not know every thursday was bad. I am willing to move it if we can find a better day, but weekends are not great for me

ALSO everyone get 500XP to spend or bank as you wish for surviving planetfall
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
D&B

Post by D&B » #243591

Do we get XP for that first skirmish?
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243600

I should have been more specific, you get 500XP for the whole session
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #243661

I decided to spend my EXP on getting Infused Knowledge (May make all Common and Scholastic lore checks as if I had one rank in them, and add one additional degree of success when passing checks) and Trade (Chymistry), so I can make some of those delicious drugs.

I am now officially a know-it-all
D&B

Post by D&B » #244300

When's the next sesh?
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #244308

I could do Thursday again but Wednesday might work better for rounding up everyone. Or possibly Saturday?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #244311

Any of them works 4 me
#nosleep
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #244319

i may not be able to make saturdays it depends
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #244332

I can make all of them but Wednesday or Saturday would be preferred
D&B

Post by D&B » #244334

Wednesday seems fine.
Spoiler:
fuck you
danno

Post by danno » #244336

whatevs
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #244351

Wednesday might work, I'll be available after 2pm PST that day.