Sponk Bonk Tonk Fronk

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Sponk Bonk Tonk Fronk

Post by Timbrewolf » #209693

Bottom post of the previous page:

Id do more people if I played with them more to get a feel for them. Soon. Maybe.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #209695

I love those stats, that's great.
私は完璧
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #209696

An0n3 wrote:I dont know why but I started to think about SPYAT BLYAT as a board game and statting up the skwad
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

+Go Getter: Remie hacks datacores 10% faster than normal and gains a 10% speed boost when in a room without xeno's.

-Mute: Remie does not count for determining number of marines in a room when the effect is beneficial to the marines.

Skorvold

+Wolfish: Skorvold gains 20% rate of fire and aim assist when in a room containing more xenos than marines.

-TRAILERS: Skorvold cannot close doors or activate fences when in LOS of a xeno.

People Are Strange

+Eager Cadet: PAS gets 20% movement speed increase when in a room with another marine. PAS hacks turrets 10% faster when in a room with another marine.

-Scaredy: All squad bonuses become penalties when in a room with more xenos than marines. PAS loses the friendly fire indicator when in LOS of a xeno. PAS deals double damage to marines
Ahaha those stats are perfect! In both a gameplay way and what happens like 90% of the time.

You need some stats too:

An0n3

+Team leader: Anon Can move any one person within a room once a turn. This should not be counted as the players movement turn. Anon3 Repairs 20% faster.

- Point Man: Anon takes %50 more damage from Xeno's (maybe thats too much?) and will always be attacked first by xeno's

Also for kek's

Stickymayhem

+ Sticky's Mayhem: Deals 50% extra damage to ALL units (marines and xeno's). Collects ammo 20% faster.

- A liability: Unable to activate breakers. Will shoot friendly marines if they block his movement.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #209697

Allow me to stat myself

Wyzack

+ Last Man Standing: Takes 20% less damage from Xenos when he is the last surviving marine

- Permenant 5th Wheel: 80% of the time will be the 5th marine attempting to join a 4 marine mission, and will be forced to run one man suicide runs

Seriously though, might be able to do a few runs late afternoon EST if anyone would wanna play
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #209700

C'mon maaan, you can't stat yourself!

But yeah I'd be down to play later today.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #209701

That was more for the joke of the group is always full when i try to play, i agree with you.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #209773

Funnily enough I had imagined myself pretty damn similarly to what you described:

An0n3

Fearless Leader: An0n3 can add or subtract two from the marine count of any room he is in at any time. Note that this cannot take the count below 1.

Loudmouth: All xenos move towards An0n3 when able. All xenos attack An0n3 when able.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #210039

Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #211014

just ain't having fun with it since people keep ditching for this beloved a-team
i'm aware it's a joke so it's super shitty when people continue pushing others out because of it
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #211015

But but... you were playing with me and Wyzack fine a few mins ago? I thought we were having fun ;_;
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #211042

i was for sure not having fun
i was having the same feeling i get from playing Counter Strike
that is i get yelled at and my night is thoroughly ruined because i took a video game seriously
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #211066

Maybe you just need better people to play with

People who wont yell at you for stuff

Speaking of, I have been told there's a demo for this. Cant seem to find it on steam, anyone point me to it?
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #211071

Nobody was yelling at you man, if you thought my teasing was me trying to be legitimately shitty then I'm really sorry.
Last edited by Skorvold on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #211093

I didn't think anyone was yelling in seriousness? Its a game where you die a lot, and normally through rubbish placement of breaches. But you gotta just accept that you'll probably die and Remie will be the last one standing till she dies alone blocked by a wall of aliens just seconds away from the airlock.

But really, don't take it like CS, its no competitive at all. Its a team game where the most likely outcome is death. Just gotta scream a lot and pretend your in the Aliens movie.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211120

Guys pls dont let video games become stupid drama. I cant take it.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #211133

Hey Im sorry you felt that way but at the same time if you're going to act like this when people play/dont play vidya with you it's sort if self-fulfilling, no?

You feel bad because you wanted to play with some specific people who were already playing by themselves, think about how the people you're pouting and refusing to play with instead feel.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #211165

Also if you dont like people yelling at eachother why would you ever want to play anything with me?

Im the most obnoxious fuck in space.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #211176

An0n3 wrote:think about how the people you're pouting and refusing to play with instead feel.
you will disappear and those same people will also disappear because they also wanted to play with you
i played with any stragglers left over (p much just wyzack and pas)
i asked several times in coolhole HEY WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO PLAY
guess who gets ignored again
An0n3 wrote:Also if you dont like people yelling at eachother why would you ever want to play anything with me?
because
An0n3 wrote:Im the most obnoxious fuck in space.
also because Being Blamed And Yelled At is vastly different to yelling shitties at each other
it's the difference between WOW YOU CLOSED THE FENCE ON ME YOU TRAITOR and HEY YOU FUCKING SUCK ASS AT EVERYTHING YOU DO I HOPE YOU FALL DOWN
Skorvold wrote:Nobody was getting yelled at you man, if you thought my teasing was me trying to be legitimately shitty then I'm really sorry.
thankyou for the apology
XSI wrote:Speaking of, I have been told there's a demo for this. Cant seem to find it on steam, anyone point me to it?
http://sbtf.nornware.com/
i don't think it will allow netplay to us, but playing it alone is alright
peoplearestrange wrote:Just gotta scream a lot and pretend your in the Aliens movie.
i will need some actual xenos for that
actually skorvold email the dev again inform him about that
one xeno that cannot be killed, only stunned
Wyzack wrote:Guys pls dont let video games become stupid drama. I cant take it.
okay

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #211187

420weedscopes wrote: i played with any stragglers left over (p much just wyzack and pas)
i asked several times in coolhole HEY WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO PLAY
guess who gets ignored again
Hey! not nice to call us stragglers.
But seriously, you're taking a very small situation and extrapolting. Dude! Its not you! Its how pretty much all gaming on the discord goes! like a rabbled mess. Last time I was on I played Cleanup sim with a few people after hours of StickyMayhem asking everyone to play, and then he himself couldn't play. Then we spent another 2 hours of starting games up (SWAT4, Space beast, Viseral) and then never actually playing them as people changed their minds or dropped out. The only time we actually played again was when someone suggested baraotrauma and then EVERYONE joined in.
Put it this way, everyone has different tastes and mostly are all flaky as fuck. Trying to start a game is much like being in an event round of SS13. You have to be in the right place at the right time with mostly luck on yourside or a loud enough voice to keep asking over and over whilst at the same time not putting people off. And most of the time, people just don't want to play because they fancy playing something else.
No one has actually anything against you, in fact your one of the few people who comes across as a nice dude and not a dick.

So stick around, just jump into the mix and see what happens.
420weedscopes wrote:i will need some actual xenos for that
actually skorvold email the dev again inform him about that
one xeno that cannot be killed, only stunned
Actually that be pretty damn cool. Just one per level. It also have to spawn the other side of the station to give you a chance. Also what would it do if it hit the laser fence? maybe be stunned? hmmm
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
XSI

Post by XSI » #211209

420weedscopes wrote:
XSI wrote:Speaking of, I have been told there's a demo for this. Cant seem to find it on steam, anyone point me to it?
Nope.

"Try the demo here" button leads to "Buy early access on steam!"
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #211241

XSI wrote:
420weedscopes wrote:
Nope.

"Try the demo here" button leads to "Buy early access on steam!"
coming in the bomb ass assist, scroll to the bottom and the download is there
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #211269

Yeah the thing about the gaming Discord is that it's truly a gigantic clusterfuck of random pick up games. Nothing gets planned at all ahead of time. We go from arguing about whether thigh highs are better than vagina bones, Advance Wars series discussion, D&D theorycrafting, to all piling into a game of Barotrauma or Helldivers that fills up in seconds.

I do feel partly responsible, because I made the damn thing in hopes that people would just hang out and get into random games of shit together, and that's working. I don't think it's humanly possible to put any kind of order to that and it's inevitable that people will get left out when suddenly the idea strikes us to play something that only fits 4 people and there's like fucking ten times that many people idling in chat.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #211332

I never see you people in discord, are you still using Irish's?
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #211337

Malkevin wrote:I never see you people in discord, are you still using Irish's?
Current discord most people are in is Anon's.
Bug Anon for an invite if you want to get in on the fun.
An0n3 wrote:Yeah the thing about the gaming Discord is that it's truly a gigantic clusterfuck of random pick up games. Nothing gets planned at all ahead of time. We go from arguing about whether thigh highs are better than vagina bones, Advance Wars series discussion, D&D theorycrafting, to all piling into a game of Barotrauma or Helldivers that fills up in seconds.

I do feel partly responsible, because I made the damn thing in hopes that people would just hang out and get into random games of shit together, and that's working. I don't think it's humanly possible to put any kind of order to that and it's inevitable that people will get left out when suddenly the idea strikes us to play something that only fits 4 people and there's like fucking ten times that many people idling in chat.
Not much point stressing about it in the end. We have enough people we can run multiple games of the same thing, it's just everyone might not get to play with their buddies all the time. Still, SBTF and Helldivers are like the two games we tend to play with 4 man limits. Barotrauma is however many people we can fit in a sub, Killing Floor has large servers, etc.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #211340

Discord blows chunks until theres an option for permanent links to rooms.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #211367

i've noticed my playstyle

+ Internal Compass - Keeps constant track of the location and routes to the airlock and reactor rooms.
? Determined - When being attacked, most soldiers will move away and shoot. This one will move forward, thinking only of conquest. This has a 35% chance of survival.
- Unfaithful - Will do his best to split off from the team.

also have some recommended settings

Code: Select all

fences: less
rooms: filled
random breaches: on
difficulty: random each
power start: off
power failures: 1/32 chance
everything else is free for you to change
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #211372

Malkevin wrote:Discord blows chunks until theres an option for permanent links to rooms.
That exists. You just make an invite link with duration permanent and infinite uses.

If you promise to keep as much socio-political ranting to our designated politics channel as possible I can get you an invite to ours.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #211384

I tried the demo of this and it seems amusing enough

Will get it whenever
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #211385

I never mix politics with pleasure
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #211387

[youtube]rMAhcffQqRs[/youtube]
XSI

Post by XSI » #241628

I just got asked to make an official review of this

Who is up for some shooting aliums and probably getting killed?
Going to need to put in some work
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #241722

Hit me up m8, i'm new to it and have no preformed opinions
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #241742

I'd be up for helping out, just lemme know ahead of time.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #241756

XSI wrote:I just got asked to make an official review of this

Who is up for some shooting aliums and probably getting killed?
Going to need to put in some work
Where are you reviewing games for?

I'll play if you need some co-op.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #241911

Aside from The Only Correct Opinion, and steam reviews
https://pcgamesnnews.wordpress.com/

It's not a huge site, but that makes it no less official. I'm going to try to play a whole bunch of SBTF and get a review ready at the end of the month. Or before the end anyway.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #242298

Ill be down to play if you need someone on the team :)
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
XSI

Post by XSI » #245263

Looks like there's a contest going for this
Prize- 5bux per teammate
Teams of 4

Seems like a good time to me, anyone up for that?
Spoiler:
RULES
Contest will only occur if we get at least 4 teams to participate.
Teams are 4 players.
Contestants can only be on ONE team.
Sign up by posting ONCE in this thread with the Steam names of all four members of your team along with a team name (make it a work-safe, kid-safe name, please).
Signup period starts NOW and ends midnight Eastern United States time Saturday, January 21, 2017.
Contest period is the week of Sunday, January 22, 2017 through Saturday, January 28, 2017, Eastern US time. The mission SEED will be posted when the contest period opens.
Contest goal is to complete a mission I specify in the shortest time out of the competing teams, verified by mission completion screens as Steam screenshots from all team members, posted to this thread. Get them posted before the deadline please. :)
The entire team does not have to survive, but all surviving team members must reach the airlock.
Prize: Each winning team member will receive $5 USD added to their Steam wallet. CHA-CHING!
Mission settings will be posted below.
Mission SEED value will be revealed the day the contest opens.
Contest period is 1 WEEK.
Teams can submit ONE mission completion time. Only post your BEST completion time to this thead.
At the end of the contest week I will visit the Steam profiles of the team with the fastest completion time to verify the existence of the screen shots and will then send the prizes.

MISSION SETTINGS
Plan: Mazes
Infestation: More
Doors: None
Fences: None
Invert Barriers: Off (irrelevant in this case)
Rooms: Filled
Extra Rooms: Off
Rules: Salvage
Sentries: On
Power Start: On
Random Breaches: Off
Astro-Creeps: Off
Difficulty: Easier+
Power Failures: None
Permitted Weapons: Rifle
Display Mode: If you want to post a video showing off your awesomeness, please use display option 2.
Edit: might not even start, since it seems nobody has put in a team at this point and it needs 4 teams
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #245264

oh fuck dude, i kinda would like to try but i do not think i am good enough to be on the /tg/ A team
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #245272

Wyzack wrote:oh fuck dude, i kinda would like to try but i do not think i am good enough to be on the /tg/ A team
this
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #245312

I think ive got a good handle on some of the things this game throws out. The lack of astro creeps really helps tho. I'm able to sign up for a team.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #245351

"Random Breaches: Off"
"Power Start: On"
"Permitted Weapons: Rifle"
casuals in here tbh
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #245356

>Easier plus
>no astro creeps
>no power outages

What the heck i could totally handle this easymodo shit
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #245357

Eezy Peezy settings holy crap. I'm in for the contest as well as just playing more with others until they feel confident.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #245360

Thinking about it we could almost certainly field two teams with the spork borkers we have
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #245366

Yeah, but see

The challenge isn't surviving that one
It's setting the fastest time.

It's not about surviving against the odds, it's a contest about running the seed the fastest
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #245451

XSI wrote:Yeah, but see

The challenge isn't surviving that one
It's setting the fastest time.

It's not about surviving against the odds, it's a contest about running the seed the fastest
seems unfair given rng download upgrades.
私は完璧
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #245495

How about a speed run to a specfic rank, as a whole team though. That would be less about the RNG (though it could help/be bad) and more about the teamwork.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #245575

We could just cheese it on easy and get our upgrades p quickly. Then we could try the actual map
Game Admin
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #245623

The contest does NOT say you can not do that, so that is a legitimate strategy

You could farm download upgrades for everyone and then do the contest