Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:59 pm #259251

AnonymousNow wrote:Only just had my first ayy round after all this time.

How're we supposed to figure out what the different glands do? And do the three different buttons in the processor do different things? Do they have a chance to fail?

You don't, that's why you're sticking them in people so you can study them (That's the lore anyway).
Image
Image
Image



Reece
 
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:02 pm
Byond Username: Reece1995

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Reece » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:12 pm #259673

On long voyages do NT sleeper the crew, OD them on chems till they die, have special drones space the bodies and then clone a new crew on arrival in order to maintain the illusion of cryostasis, or is there an army of borgs on NT spaceships to keep the crew alive in suspended animation.

User avatar
MimicFaux
 
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:49 pm
Location: Spaced by Mass Driver
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby MimicFaux » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:23 pm #259684

Reece wrote:On long voyages do NT sleeper the crew, OD them on chems till they die, have special drones space the bodies and then clone a new crew on arrival in order to maintain the illusion of cryostasis, or is there an army of borgs on NT spaceships to keep the crew alive in suspended animation.


Seeing how they handle everything else, probably whichever is the cheapest option.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:47 pm #259688

Watch Moon.
Literally NT.
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Remie Richards
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
Byond Username: CrimsonVision

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Remie Richards » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:58 pm #259692

MimicFaux wrote:
Reece wrote:On long voyages do NT sleeper the crew, OD them on chems till they die, have special drones space the bodies and then clone a new crew on arrival in order to maintain the illusion of cryostasis, or is there an army of borgs on NT spaceships to keep the crew alive in suspended animation.


Seeing how they handle everything else, probably whichever is the cheapest option.


Is it cheaper to space and clone them, or to keep them suspended?
given the frequency of cloning in rounds I'd say we get chucked out every single trip (grim ;_;)
Though this has given me an idea...
私は完璧

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby onleavedontatme » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:01 pm #259693

Trick question, they both cost nothing since NT has discovered both infinitely renewable energy sources and also ways to convert energy into matter.

User avatar
Shaps-cloud
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:25 am
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Shaps-cloud » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:07 pm #259694

Reece wrote:On long voyages do NT sleeper the crew, OD them on chems till they die, have special drones space the bodies and then clone a new crew on arrival in order to maintain the illusion of cryostasis, or is there an army of borgs on NT spaceships to keep the crew alive in suspended animation.

Probably have a select crew of janitors and engineers who wake up every so often to do maintenance on the ship and make sure things are progressing smoothly.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.

Image

User avatar
Remie Richards
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
Byond Username: CrimsonVision

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Remie Richards » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm #259699

Kor wrote:Trick question, they both cost nothing since NT has discovered both infinitely renewable energy sources and also ways to convert energy into matter.


too late I'm making the "mass body ejection" canon.
私は完璧

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 pm #259704

>implying
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
MimicFaux
 
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:49 pm
Location: Spaced by Mass Driver
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby MimicFaux » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm #259708

This conversation reminds me of

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Reece
 
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:02 pm
Byond Username: Reece1995

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Reece » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:44 pm #259711

Maybe it's that we all get MMI'd put into storage and then placed into humanised monkeys, defibed and healed up on our way.

User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby XDTM » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 pm #259712

Anonmare wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:Only just had my first ayy round after all this time.

How're we supposed to figure out what the different glands do? And do the three different buttons in the processor do different things? Do they have a chance to fail?

You don't, that's why you're sticking them in people so you can study them (That's the lore anyway).


About this, the sprites are consistent with the gland type, so you can just check the helpful table at https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Abductor#Possible_Glands !
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Screemonster » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm #259719

Could always go the Eclipse Phase route and just have them resleeved into new bodies as and when needed

and the stress of constantly changing bodies and being murdered over and over is why most spacemen are fucking bugnuts insane and paranoid

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby confused rock » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:50 am #260500

seriously how tf you make a simple black powder nade fuck black powder
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby XDTM » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:55 am #260512

If you pre-heat the components for black powder they'll keep the heat once mixed, so it will be above explosion temperature.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby confused rock » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:01 am #260513

jesus fucking goddamned bloody christ mate laddo right there thats the most fucking goddamned bloody genius shit I've ever heard
Image
Image
Image
Image

Jacough
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 pm
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Jacough » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:57 am #261118

What would happen if someone somehow managed to set up and release the singularity on lavalands? Would it suck in every tile leaving nothing but space or would it just fly around aimlessly doing little harm?
Image

User avatar
cedarbridge
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby cedarbridge » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:30 am #261121

Jacough wrote:What would happen if someone somehow managed to set up and release the singularity on lavalands? Would it suck in every tile leaving nothing but space or would it just fly around aimlessly doing little harm?

Its actually been tried on lowpop sybil. It eats the rocks and mobs and leaves the ground tiles alone.

User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby XDTM » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:31 am #261122

And megafauna is 100% immune, i once tried to kill a dragon with a BoH bomb as a golem and was unsuccessful.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

killerx09
 
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:52 am
Byond Username: Killerx09

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby killerx09 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:06 pm #272536

As a malf AI, what's the best defense against an unsynched Engineering Cyborg?

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Armhulen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 pm #272537

Haha... No, there's no defense.

edit:oh wait just blow them
Last edited by Armhulen on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby DemonFiren » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 pm #272539

Bending over pre-emptively.
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm #272612

Armhulen wrote:Haha... No, there's no defense.

edit:oh wait just blow them

>What's the best defence against an unsynced cyborg?
>the best defence against an unsynced cyborg?
>defence against an unsynced cyborg?
>unsynced cyborg?
>unsynced
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
cedarbridge
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby cedarbridge » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:20 pm #272621

killerx09 wrote:As a malf AI, what's the best defense against an unsynched Engineering Cyborg?

Not allowing unsynched borgs to exist, basically.

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Armhulen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 pm #272663

Anonmare wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Haha... No, there's no defense.

edit:oh wait just blow them

>What's the best defence against an unsynced cyborg?
>the best defence against an unsynced cyborg?
>defence against an unsynced cyborg?
>unsynced cyborg?
>unsynced

nevermind

Haha... No, there's no defense
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby DemonFiren » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 pm #272667

Well, there is a defence.
It's called "two synched engiborgs".
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:04 pm #272694

The best defence is not being in the satellite.
Image
Image
Image

killerx09
 
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:52 am
Byond Username: Killerx09

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby killerx09 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 pm #272713

Anonmare wrote:The best defence is not being in the satellite.



I'm actually asking from Yogstation. Our AI core is still in the center of the station, right below the bridge where your command station is.

(To compensate for the AI being in a disadvantageous location, we have Secborgs.)

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 pm #272715

Still gonna have to say the best defence is hiding. Or getting an engie borg to set up field gens and emitters along the interior in such a way that that they can't get around it (may need to direct wire your core to the grid)
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby DemonFiren » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:52 pm #272717

Field gens need a human to activate last time I tried, and unless you want a supermatter/singularity/tesla (you madman) in your core the engiborg in question can always just cut the cable.
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:06 pm #272767

Borgs can turn on field gens if they're next to them but they can't be turned off until they discharge their power completely.
Image
Image
Image

killerx09
 
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:52 am
Byond Username: Killerx09

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby killerx09 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:16 pm #273917

How do you make a dead mans switch bomb?

User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby XDTM » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:30 pm #273957

Attach a health sensor to either a bomb or a signaller, which is in turn tuned to a bomb-signaller assembly. As long as the health sensor is within you (either in the inventory or through surgical means) if you die (or fall into crit, you can swap the mode by using a multitool on the health sensor) the bomb or the signaller will be triggered. If the sensor is removed before your death, the bomb will not activate.

An alternative is a voice activated bomb, which works if you whisper while in crit. Be careful of not being silenced or instantly killed if you do it that way. Tasers also cause stuttering which may warp your message and make it not recognized.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

User avatar
Swagbringer
 
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:08 pm
Byond Username: Swagbringer

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Swagbringer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:50 pm #274001

Apart from how certain healing chemicals only work when ingested/patched on, what is the difference between pills and patches?

Swindly
 
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:21 pm
Byond Username: Swindly

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Swindly » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 pm #274021

Swagbringer wrote:Apart from how certain healing chemicals only work when ingested/patched on, what is the difference between pills and patches?


Pills can hold up to 50 units. Patches can hold up to 40 units.
Pills can be dissolved in open reagent containers. Patches can not.
There is no delay when using pills on yourself. There is a delay when using patches on yourself.
Pills can only be used if the consumer's mouth is not blocked. Patches can always be used.

Some reagents besides medicines (e.g. napalm, itching powder, fluorosulphuric acid) also have different behavior when applied through pills and patches.

User avatar
Haevacht
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 am
Byond Username: Capital_H

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Haevacht » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:21 pm #274022

Swindly wrote:
Swagbringer wrote:Apart from how certain healing chemicals only work when ingested/patched on, what is the difference between pills and patches?


Pills can hold up to 50 units. Patches can hold up to 40 units.
Pills can be dissolved in open reagent containers. Patches can not.
There is no delay when using pills on yourself. There is a delay when using patches on yourself.
Pills can only be used if the consumer's mouth is not blocked. Patches can always be used.

Some reagents besides medicines (e.g. napalm, itching powder, fluorosulphuric acid) also have different behavior when applied through pills and patches.

Patches cannot be used on anyone unless there is open skin. Space suits and bio suits and that block it.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

User avatar
cedarbridge
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby cedarbridge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:53 pm #274026

Haevacht wrote:
Swindly wrote:
Swagbringer wrote:Apart from how certain healing chemicals only work when ingested/patched on, what is the difference between pills and patches?


Pills can hold up to 50 units. Patches can hold up to 40 units.
Pills can be dissolved in open reagent containers. Patches can not.
There is no delay when using pills on yourself. There is a delay when using patches on yourself.
Pills can only be used if the consumer's mouth is not blocked. Patches can always be used.

Some reagents besides medicines (e.g. napalm, itching powder, fluorosulphuric acid) also have different behavior when applied through pills and patches.

Patches cannot be used on anyone unless there is open skin. Space suits and bio suits and that block it.

Not all suits. Miner suits, for example, do not block patches.

User avatar
Haevacht
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 am
Byond Username: Capital_H

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Haevacht » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:57 pm #274033

cedarbridge wrote:
Haevacht wrote:
Swindly wrote:
Swagbringer wrote:Apart from how certain healing chemicals only work when ingested/patched on, what is the difference between pills and patches?


Pills can hold up to 50 units. Patches can hold up to 40 units.
Pills can be dissolved in open reagent containers. Patches can not.
There is no delay when using pills on yourself. There is a delay when using patches on yourself.
Pills can only be used if the consumer's mouth is not blocked. Patches can always be used.

Some reagents besides medicines (e.g. napalm, itching powder, fluorosulphuric acid) also have different behavior when applied through pills and patches.

Patches cannot be used on anyone unless there is open skin. Space suits and bio suits and that block it.

Not all suits. Miner suits, for example, do not block patches.

Explorer suits are not space suits. The mining hardsuit does block them.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

User avatar
cedarbridge
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby cedarbridge » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:54 am #274043

I could have sworn the hardsuit didn't either. I'll have to test it.

User avatar
Haevacht
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 am
Byond Username: Capital_H

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Haevacht » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:57 am #274045

With the hardsuits, you can lower your helmet and then aim at head to apply patches.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 am #274049

I just tried this in a nuke suit in travel mode and the patch worked. Same with golems who have skin that's the same property as a spacesuit. Skeletons can never benefit from patches, or any form of chemical, due to being NO_BLOOD and NO_SKIN and NO_BREATH

Bruise packs and ointments don't work through spacesuits though.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby XDTM » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:38 pm #274225

Patches are not at all blocked by thick clothing, unlike injections and bruise/burn packs.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

User avatar
Haevacht
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 am
Byond Username: Capital_H

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Haevacht » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:29 am #274353

XDTM wrote:Patches are not at all blocked by thick clothing, unlike injections and bruise/burn packs.

Could have sworn hardsuits did it though, but the more you know n shit.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby confused rock » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:11 pm #274922

what the fuck is sweaterkitten's avatar am I blind I can't look at it as anything except a chasm for some reason
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Remie Richards
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
Byond Username: CrimsonVision

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Remie Richards » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:14 pm #274925

confused rock wrote:what the fuck is sweaterkitten's avatar am I blind I can't look at it as anything except a chasm for some reason


its a person with a white mask/balaclava on their head + ski goggles.
私は完璧

Reece
 
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:02 pm
Byond Username: Reece1995

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Reece » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:02 pm #275195

Is there a god?

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:10 pm #275198

Yes I'm here
Image
Image
Image

Reece
 
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:02 pm
Byond Username: Reece1995

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Reece » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:55 am #275328

Anonmare wrote:Yes I'm here

A-are you someones hypeman?

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Anonmare » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:57 am #275329

Reece wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Yes I'm here

A-are you someones hypeman?

I AM THE HYPE
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:43 pm #275764

Are the borg hacking wires different on every borg?
How do you find ghost roles on lava land? Just exploring and clicking?

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]